• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TI4 Game 4C - Chat Thread

#3161 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 03 March 2020 - 04:59 PM

Khell you can research action cards if you're hoping to stall?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#3162 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 03 March 2020 - 05:00 PM

Great, all seems doable. Now let's work on a plan where D'rek doesn't win as a result of this.

- She spends one action on taking Ari/Forn/Gliese (6 tokens left in tactical and strategic pools).
- She uses diplo to refresh MR and Lirta (5 tokens left, but 9 influence to exhaust for 3 more tokens.)
- Leadership (8 tokens).
- So we'd need to see her spend another 3 tokens, or have her homeworld taken away.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#3163 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 03 March 2020 - 05:12 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 03 March 2020 - 05:00 PM, said:

Great, all seems doable. Now let's work on a plan where D'rek doesn't win as a result of this.

- She spends one action on taking Ari/Forn/Gliese (6 tokens left in tactical and strategic pools).
- She uses diplo to refresh MR and Lirta (5 tokens left, but 9 influence to exhaust for 3 more tokens.)
- Leadership (8 tokens).
- So we'd need to see her spend another 3 tokens, or have her homeworld taken away.

Or you could take MR before I can use it.

Don't forget to look at IH, too. He can win if he gets his SOs and spends 6 CTs.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3164 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 03 March 2020 - 05:16 PM

View PostD, on 03 March 2020 - 05:12 PM, said:

- Leadership (8 tokens).

Don't forget to look at IH, too. He can win if he gets his SOs and spends 6 CTs.

I could *try* in theory, but you blatantly have an action card like Parley or something :p And even with that, as long as you didn't make other actions you'd still have 6 tokens, so I think it's incumbent on us to say what we could do to make you spend other actions/put pressure on your homeworld.

#3165 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 03 March 2020 - 05:28 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 03 March 2020 - 05:16 PM, said:

- Leadership (8 tokens).

I could *try* in theory, but you blatantly have an action card like Parley or something :p And even with that, as long as you didn't make other actions you'd still have 6 tokens, so I think it's incumbent on us to say what we could do to make you spend other actions/put pressure on your homeworld.

Nah, I'd just Null Field it :p But it would reduce my CT efficiency - e.g. rather than spend 1 on Diplo to get back 3, it then becomes spending 2 for 3, and maybe you can reduce that even further

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3166 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 03 March 2020 - 05:29 PM

View PostD, on 03 March 2020 - 04:49 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 03 March 2020 - 04:45 PM, said:

The calculator doesn't work well for warfare but I think 85 percent ish with war funding.

Then you should do it. Better odds of success and we don't have to deal with the hassle of getting LWD shared.

Yeah but then I can't attack you afterwards :p

#3167 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 03 March 2020 - 05:31 PM

View PostD, on 03 March 2020 - 05:28 PM, said:

- Leadership (8 tokens).

Nah, I'd just Null Field it :p But it would reduce my CT efficiency - e.g. rather than spend 1 on Diplo to get back 3, it then becomes spending 2 for 3, and maybe you can reduce that even further

Yes, in which case we'd have to make you spend 2 more tokens or take your homeword, the latter becoming a bit more realistic if you've already used Null Field.

#3168 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 March 2020 - 05:35 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 03 March 2020 - 05:31 PM, said:

- Leadership (8 tokens).

Yes, in which case we'd have to make you spend 2 more tokens or take your homeword, the latter becoming a bit more realistic if you've already used Null Field.

This is why I prefer the option where d'rek takes teq/torq. That said if d'rek moves out morgoth/twelve/nom could probably take rex.

#3169 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 03 March 2020 - 05:37 PM

I think the answer is to activate MR now. Either D'rek Null Fields it and goes on to attack Ari/Forn/Gliese (and leaves MR more vulnerable), or she doesn't and her presence on MR is reduced (and if a miracle occurs, taken out completely). She then either has to take Ari/Forn/Gliese through the beta wormhole, OR spend an action moving the destroyer out of the way so that Twelve can go through the wormhole and do it.

OR Toaster moves the wormhole on his next action closer to D'rek (which is where Morgoth would probably need to get involved), in which case Nom can be the one who takes Ari/Forn/Gliese as well as Thibah (he definitely has enough forces to do both).

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 03 March 2020 - 05:37 PM

#3170 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 03 March 2020 - 05:43 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 03 March 2020 - 05:31 PM, said:

- Leadership (8 tokens).

You've got Twelve right next to me with assault cannon and Morgoth's giant fleet on Quann. I'm sure you won't have any trouble taking Lirta and/or MR and/or my homeworld. I can only Null Field once, after all.

#3171 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 03 March 2020 - 05:47 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 03 March 2020 - 05:37 PM, said:

I think the answer is to activate MR now. Either D'rek Null Fields it and goes on to attack Ari/Forn/Gliese (and leaves MR more vulnerable), or she doesn't and her presence on MR is reduced (and if a miracle occurs, taken out completely). She then either has to take Ari/Forn/Gliese through the beta wormhole

We have a good plan with a high chance of success for stopping Toaster. And I fully expect after we each do our parts that you will all then focus on me (and IH if he scores an SO in his attack). But you're not even part of that plan, Khell. If you sabotage the plan before we can even execute it, then it's your mess to clean up and/or take responsibility. In other words, if you attack MR now I'm not going after Ari/Forn/Gliese at all.

#3172 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 03 March 2020 - 06:03 PM

Why not
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#3173 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 March 2020 - 06:07 PM

Remember someone still has to be able to stop Toaster doing the same thing next round if anyone is to have a chance at winning. And someone needs to stop morgoth imperialing a victory.

#3174 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 03 March 2020 - 06:25 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 03 March 2020 - 06:07 PM, said:

Remember someone still has to be able to stop Toaster doing the same thing next round if anyone is to have a chance at winning. And someone needs to stop morgoth imperialing a victory.

If Khell keeps his (or some) fleet near Morgoth he'll be in a great position to LWD into Morgoth's homeworld.

For that matter, Khell not being part of the Toaster brigade also has him in a good spot to take action against IH if we see IH score an SO.

You should really just stay on standby Khell. It's what Letnev are best at. Besides, Morgoth really should be helping do *something* and his big-ass Quann fleet can easily hop through the wormhole against me.

#3175 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 03 March 2020 - 06:49 PM

View PostD, on 03 March 2020 - 06:25 PM, said:

If Khell keeps his (or some) fleet near Morgoth he'll be in a great position to LWD into Morgoth's homeworld.

For that matter, Khell not being part of the Toaster brigade also has him in a good spot to take action against IH if we see IH score an SO.

You should really just stay on standby Khell. It's what Letnev are best at. Besides, Morgoth really should be helping do *something* and his big-ass Quann fleet can easily hop through the wormhole against me.

If he does attack you and you do NullField it then no change to the plans necessarily has to happen tho does it
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#3176 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 03 March 2020 - 06:53 PM

View PostItwęs Nom, on 03 March 2020 - 06:49 PM, said:

View PostD, on 03 March 2020 - 06:25 PM, said:

If he does attack you and you do NullField it then no change to the plans necessarily has to happen tho does it

I won't NullField for that attack though.

#3177 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 03 March 2020 - 07:00 PM

IH has my Ceasefire and with my lack of actions every round me going against him is a bit of a non-starter. Taking action against Morgoth is more likely.

You make reasonable points, D'rek, although I do think I've laid out enough contingencies should I go through with my attempt on MR. Even if you do nothing to stop Toaster because of it, either Twelve can (if you move out of his way to reinforce your own systems) or Nom can if you don't do that.

I'll take my action soon, promise everyone! It would be good to know what someone who's not D'rek thinks of this. I'm happy to just play Diplomacy if that's considered the safer play here.

#3178 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 March 2020 - 07:51 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 03 March 2020 - 07:00 PM, said:

IH has my Ceasefire and with my lack of actions every round me going against him is a bit of a non-starter. Taking action against Morgoth is more likely.

You make reasonable points, D'rek, although I do think I've laid out enough contingencies should I go through with my attempt on MR. Even if you do nothing to stop Toaster because of it, either Twelve can (if you move out of his way to reinforce your own systems) or Nom can if you don't do that.

I'll take my action soon, promise everyone! It would be good to know what someone who's not D'rek thinks of this. I'm happy to just play Diplomacy if that's considered the safer play here.

I feel like a member of the audience. Diplomacy before Leadership is probably a bad idea as that give D'rek the ability to gain more tokens. Toaster needs to use the Creuss pn or D'rek wins, though with Morgoth refusing to attack Toast and lose a VP it's probably because he will be the first player to win after Toast is stopped.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#3179 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 March 2020 - 10:02 PM

View Posttwelve, on 03 March 2020 - 07:51 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 03 March 2020 - 07:00 PM, said:

I feel like a member of the audience. Diplomacy before Leadership is probably a bad idea as that give D'rek the ability to gain more tokens. Toaster needs to use the Creuss pn or D'rek wins, though with Morgoth refusing to attack Toast and lose a VP it's probably because he will be the first player to win after Toast is stopped.

Diplomacy has to be played by turn 3. Diplomacy played before leadership isn't great, but I don't see how Toaster can be denied the resources he needs to win before diplomacy is played. If you see a route please speak up!

#3180 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 March 2020 - 10:09 PM

Actually there is a way, khell attacking rex to give drek lwd, me attacking 3 planet system, nom taking thibah, d'rek taking teq/tork on her turn, tapper plays leadership, khell plays diplomacy, nom action cards gwynan, on toasters turn he doesn't have the resources to gain more than one ct.

Share this topic:

• 189 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

20 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users