• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TI4 Game 4C - Chat Thread

#1821 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 27 November 2019 - 06:16 AM

I have to say I am surprised by how little fighting there's been in the Midnet/Sardak/Nekro/Arborec/Yin part of the galaxy. I had thought the war-focus combined with little room for individual expansion would have led to some serious conflicts by now.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#1822 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 27 November 2019 - 06:42 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 27 November 2019 - 06:08 AM, said:

View PostD, on 27 November 2019 - 05:00 AM, said:

Big Phew! from me. Way closer than that had any right to be!

Those agendas are... interesting. First one is a complete wash and second one is very divisive. Jazz and Morgoth with their low amount of votes would gain a lot from FOR while IH and Nom would lose out and presumably prefer to keep their vote-by-influence advantage. As for exhausting cultural planets... damn, horrendous timing Morgoth. I suppose you could try and bribe Nom to quash it if you don't want the risk.

As long as I dont vote against there's no issue no, or am I misreading something?

True.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1823 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 27 November 2019 - 06:42 AM

View PostToasTer86, on 27 November 2019 - 06:02 AM, said:

@blend we still each get 2 action cards

Did he ever say we don't?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1824 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 27 November 2019 - 07:42 AM

Vote counts:
IH 16 (0 cultural planets)
Nom 13 (1 cultural planet)
Twelve 10 (1 cultural planet)
Tatts 10 (1 cultural planet)
Toaster 10 (3 cultural planets)
Khell 9 (1 cultural planet)
Morgoth 8 (4 cultural planets)
Jazz 3 (2 cultural planets)

Interesting to see how this agenda phase goes!

#1825 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 November 2019 - 07:51 AM

View PostD, on 27 November 2019 - 06:42 AM, said:

View PostToasTer86, on 27 November 2019 - 06:02 AM, said:

@blend we still each get 2 action cards

Did he ever say we don't?

No he did not , I am just saying normally you get your action cards before the agenda's were revealed.
As my action card usage for the agenda phase depends on that, as well as knowing if I should discard my bad riders/other action cards. I have information I should not have .

The @Blend, kinda implies I am talking to him, not you.

But thanks for speaking for him, I guess you are really good at that, putting words in people mouths. You've done nothing else so far.

This post has been edited by ToasTer86: 27 November 2019 - 07:55 AM

#1826 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 27 November 2019 - 08:25 AM

Toaster your question didn't imply anything to do with timing, agenda or whether they affect anything really. We all answer questions if possible. At least you got a answer to a generic question.

How many action cards do you currently hold?

During status phase you decide whether or not to play a rider. If you don't have one before drawing action cards then you cannot play one.

We're a few rounds im now
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1827 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 November 2019 - 09:13 AM

Yeah we play action cards for the status phase then draw new action cards to speed things up. I clarified this with blend earlier.

#1828 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 27 November 2019 - 09:36 AM

I am not grabbing Imperial, this round or next round. I doubt Nom or Jazz will grab it either, leaving D'rek to score the VP for holding Rex, a potential VP from a PO or SO. Maybe you all can take the hit this round, but maybe not next round. Nom or Jazz would have to take Politics this round to move the speaker token because if I take it I'll be placing it so I get an early pick which won't be Imperial. Like D'rek said earlier, she may have to contend with Yin removing her from Rex, he's probably the only one she'll Nullify because he has the most success rate with his Flagship. Let's see how the status phase goes and we can discuss further. There's multiple players in with a shout of winning. IH, Toaster and D'rek in the driving seat at this stage regardless of VP's.

#1829 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword

Posted 27 November 2019 - 09:52 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 27 November 2019 - 09:13 AM, said:

Yeah we play action cards for the status phase then draw new action cards to speed things up. I clarified this with blend earlier.

I know that. What I mean is should we not get our action cards before .

#1830 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 27 November 2019 - 09:55 AM

View PostToasTer86, on 27 November 2019 - 09:52 AM, said:

No, the reason being it'd take too long to draw action cards for everyone each time a status has been declared. Jazz would get his action cards, decide whether to play them or not, then Khell would wait for his and decide whether or not to play his, then D'rek would have to wait until she gets hers and so on, it could take a long time.So we've always all put up our status's and then get our action cards at the end, when Blend can do them all at once.

#1831 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 November 2019 - 10:09 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 27 November 2019 - 09:36 AM, said:

I am not grabbing Imperial, this round or next round. I doubt Nom or Jazz will grab it either, leaving D'rek to score the VP for holding Rex, a potential VP from a PO or SO. Maybe you all can take the hit this round, but maybe not next round. Nom or Jazz would have to take Politics this round to move the speaker token because if I take it I'll be placing it so I get an early pick which won't be Imperial. Like D'rek said earlier, she may have to contend with Yin removing her from Rex, he's probably the only one she'll Nullify because he has the most success rate with his Flagship. Let's see how the status phase goes and we can discuss further. There's multiple players in with a shout of winning. IH, Toaster and D'rek in the driving seat at this stage regardless of VP's.

Or... none of you could take politics, and d'rek can be towards the end of the initiative order :p

I'm struggling to see how I'm in the driving seat for rex, because a) I don't have my flagship, B) even if I did have my flagship using it would mean I still couldn't take rex, I'd just be removing d'rek for someone else to sweep in so it's not something I'm likely to do unless I'm offered something to do it (spending 11 resources for zero benefit for myself is a mugs game)

And I'd say there is no clear leader right now, twelve has a VP advantage but is stalled due to lack of territory resources, d'rek has the best chance of scoring the 2 vp POs and holds rex, jazz is also in a strong position for some of the 2VP POs, nom has a clear resource advantage and security, toaster has the most VPs and is naalu so always has advantage in terms of winning, I've got quite a few planets but no clear path to a lot of the POs, morgoth has the creuss mobility which should let him claim a few POs, and khells just unlocked monster fleets so is also in a good position, you have your suicide ships which mean you have a clear military advantage... anyones game at this point really.

#1832 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 27 November 2019 - 10:46 AM

I can’t decide if I want representative government or not. It might actually make winning an agenda in future even harder, because you’d have to buy the votes of up to four other players. Do I want that or do I not want that?
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#1833 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 27 November 2019 - 10:48 AM

Twelve is closest to War Suns, he is going to need them too. That means D'rek may get War Suns, so it may be more important for everyone else to be able to make them. That's my thought. Not bothered about the other one to be honest.

#1834 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword

Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:05 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 27 November 2019 - 09:55 AM, said:

No, the reason being it'd take too long to draw action cards for everyone each time a status has been declared. Jazz would get his action cards, decide whether to play them or not, then Khell would wait for his and decide whether or not to play his, then D'rek would have to wait until she gets hers and so on, it could take a long time.So we've always all put up our status's and then get our action cards at the end, when Blend can do them all at once.

What I mean is should we not all be dealt 2 AC's now. Gaining and discard is before agenda reveal.

#1835 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:05 AM

What the others said, it’s a modification of the rules so as to speed up forum play. This also means that the action cards which you receive during the status phase cannot be played in the same round status/agenda phase, and you have to wait till next round to use them.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 27 November 2019 - 11:07 AM

#1836 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:07 AM

View PostToasTer86, on 27 November 2019 - 11:05 AM, said:

What I mean is should we not all be dealt 2 AC's now. Gaining and discard is before agenda reveal.

It's not what we have been playing. Maybe in future games it could happen if you put forth an argument in favour but this game that's not the case.

#1837 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:09 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 27 November 2019 - 10:09 AM, said:

And I'd say there is no clear leader right now, twelve has a VP advantage but is stalled due to lack of territory resources, d'rek has the best chance of scoring the 2 vp POs and holds rex, jazz is also in a strong position for some of the 2VP POs, nom has a clear resource advantage and security, toaster has the most VPs and is naalu so always has advantage in terms of winning, I've got quite a few planets but no clear path to a lot of the POs, morgoth has the creuss mobility which should let him claim a few POs, and khells just unlocked monster fleets so is also in a good position, you have your suicide ships which mean you have a clear military advantage... anyones game at this point really.

Yeah, it's all up in the air at this point, and Rex will be deciding factor I am sure. I can't point to the one player I think is in the strongest position to win right now, though D'rek's control of MR might nudge her to the front. If barely.

I have been able to grab objectives every round, but the level 2s will be tricky for me. It's hard to say, but I do enjoy the flexibility of the Creuss.

Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#1838 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:10 AM

So Toaster, you have 7 action cards. You can, if applicable, use any of them when doing your status post. You will then receive two new cards, which you cannot use in your status post (so if you receive a rider, you’ll have to wait to use it till the next status phase, for example).

#1839 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:39 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 27 November 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

Twelve is closest to War Suns, he is going to need them too. That means D'rek may get War Suns, so it may be more important for everyone else to be able to make them. That's my thought. Not bothered about the other one to be honest.

Twelve and Khell could both research warsuns next turn if they wanted, which means D'rek could have access to them. Removing there sustain damage ability would probably make warsuns less attractive to Khell, and giving access to everyone else would make them less attractive to twelve I imagine.

Representative democracy is a fun one, would make the agenda phase very interesting, and owed votes considerably more valuable!

#1840 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword

Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:53 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 27 November 2019 - 11:10 AM, said:

So Toaster, you have 7 action cards. You can, if applicable, use any of them when doing your status post. You will then receive two new cards, which you cannot use in your status post (so if you receive a rider, you’ll have to wait to use it till the next status phase, for example).

@ everyone

Last 3 agenda phases we got our action cards before we voted.
So don't know if what you are saying adds up.

Our agenda phase started the 14th got our action cards 15th long before we all voted

It would be weird to change the order . Also riders less usefull.

Let's wait for blend.

Share this topic:

• 189 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

22 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users