• You cannot reply to this topic

TI4 Game 4C - Chat Thread

#2521 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 23 January 2020 - 12:38 PM

View PostItwęs Nom, on 16 January 2020 - 09:02 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 16 January 2020 - 07:54 AM, said:

Hey Nom, will you be up for a 4-4 trade?

Aye

Reminding
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#2522 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 23 January 2020 - 12:59 PM

View PostItwęs Nom, on 23 January 2020 - 12:38 PM, said:

View PostItwęs Nom, on 16 January 2020 - 09:02 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 16 January 2020 - 07:54 AM, said:

Hey Nom, will you be up for a 4-4 trade?

Aye

Reminding

I remember :)
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2523 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

Posted 23 January 2020 - 01:00 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 23 January 2020 - 10:45 AM, said:

Now you've moved that carrier Tapper, I may just create some fireworks. This is what pretending to negotiate gets you. Stalling to force me to pass. Well say goodbye to your biggest army. Good job you saved those TG's, at least you can rebuild.

I'm torn, either I make my move first, or let you make your move and retaliate. Right now my provisional is on Lodd Eru.

Your turn general Ripper

#2524 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 23 January 2020 - 01:02 PM

Now you've moved that carrier Tapper, I may just create some fireworks. This is what pretending to negotiate gets you. Stalling to force me to pass. Well say goodbye to your biggest army. Good job you saved those TG's, at least you can rebuild.

I'm torn, either I make my move first, or let you make your move and retaliate. Right now my provisional is on Lodd Eru.

This makes no sense Posted Image. Tapper never pretended to negotiate with you as far as I can see, and I am quite sure you were the one whom attacked him. Or did the Mindnet give you Abyz-Fria from the goodness of their metallic heart?

#2525 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 23 January 2020 - 01:14 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 23 January 2020 - 01:02 PM, said:

This makes no sense Posted Image. Tapper never pretended to negotiate with you as far as I can see, and I am quite sure you were the one whom attacked him. Or did the Mindnet give you Abyz-Fria from the goodness of their metallic heart?

Tapper started the round byremoving my command token, and then from there has preceededto try and stall me out of options. I've offered things, he has rejected them. I asked him to come up with a solution and he has not countered. Hislatest move was even called a stall move, so do I wait until I have no moves left to see him attack me and not be able to do anything about it? Or do I attack his biggest army and pressure him that way? I'm still deciding.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#2526 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 23 January 2020 - 01:16 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 23 January 2020 - 01:14 PM, said:

Tapper started the round byremoving my command token, and then from there has preceededto try and stall me out of options. I've offered things, he has rejected them. I asked him to come up with a solution and he has not countered. Hislatest move was even called a stall move, so do I wait until I have no moves left to see him attack me and not be able to do anything about it? Or do I attack his biggest army and pressure him that way? I'm still deciding.

A wise man once said:

Fight! Fight! Fight!
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#2527 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 January 2020 - 01:27 PM

Tats + tapper == War

Like this already

#2528 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 23 January 2020 - 03:08 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 23 January 2020 - 01:14 PM, said:

It all depends on where the starting point is. For purposes of who is the victim here, it suits Tatts' narrative to put it at the beginning of the round, mine at the end of last :)
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#2529 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 23 January 2020 - 03:17 PM

I have not activated Lodd Eru yet Tapper, you can see I can move my ships and I have a 93% chance of wiping out that fleet. We don't need to war, I borrowed some planets for an objective, neither of us got to exhaust them this round. I intended to move them out this round, I have had no correspondence since beginning of December so it's not like I could have negotiated anything. If around maybe L1 would have had my TA in exchange. From stratgey phase picking Leadership, even though you got to go first anyway was were you started to plan this round out. I don't know if Jazz had plans on war with me, but I doubt he would have focused solely on me this round, especially when offered compensation. Instead of coming to some sort of agreement you take away a CT, then stall your moves further and comment that you want to stall me out, and see where you are. In narrativeyou could go back to Tar'mann and Wellon, where L1 are discussing with Letnev how to keep those planets from us.

So what are you saying? You want to makea binding deal, at this stage I'd probably require your ceasefire as recompense for the CT you took away from me.

#2530 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

Posted 23 January 2020 - 03:31 PM

Posted Image

#2531 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:03 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 23 January 2020 - 03:17 PM, said:

I have not activated Lodd Eru yet Tapper, you can see I can move my ships and I have a 93% chance of wiping out that fleet. We don't need to war, I borrowed some planets for an objective, neither of us got to exhaust them this round. I intended to move them out this round, I have had no correspondence since beginning of December so it's not like I could have negotiated anything. If around maybe L1 would have had my TA in exchange. From stratgey phase picking Leadership, even though you got to go first anyway was were you started to plan this round out. I don't know if Jazz had plans on war with me, but I doubt he would have focused solely on me this round, especially when offered compensation. Instead of coming to some sort of agreement you take away a CT, then stall your moves further and comment that you want to stall me out, and see where you are. In narrativeyou could go back to Tar'mann and Wellon, where L1 are discussing with Letnev how to keep those planets from us.

So what are you saying? You want to makea binding deal, at this stage I'd probably require your ceasefire as recompense for the CT you took away from me.

I'll save you the trouble of waiting for Tapper and say that I can guarantee he won't agree to that.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#2532 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:27 PM

Posted Image

#2533 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:58 PM

Thank you Khell, you are a mind reader.

Tatts, I could waste my breath on saying the AC was paid for by the lost production of A/F. In the end, it really doesn't matter. You and I are unlikely to agree this round and the increasing lengths of your posts make clear you're trying to convince yourself and others that you're being mistreated by me.

Let's stop the posturing. Take your action, whether it is against Lodd Eru, a build or smth else.

#2534 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 January 2020 - 03:54 AM

Added my production order.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#2535 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:56 AM

We're waiting for Tatts, right?

#2536 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:58 AM

I'm going soon.

#2537 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 24 January 2020 - 09:19 AM

Do I;

a: Activate Xxenan/Dal Bootha moving only carrier from A/F taking that system forcing Tapper to do at least 2 moves to take back his systems.
b: Attack Lodd Eru, weaken the L1 but open up counter opportunites to opponents, Nom/Khell/Morgoth/Toaster
c: Fortify H/S
d: Fortify Everra
e: Play politics - stall and see where we are at. If I do, I see the army out of L1 HS plus support from Lodd Eru coming towards A/F before I can preemptively strike.

Each option has merit, that army in Lodd Eru should be used against the leaders, but i'm assuming it'd be used against me so need to pre empt that. If I had more moves I could have moved out of A/F and paid a levy for the lives lost in that system. Conflict over.

With my flagship giving +2 on combat rolls to other ships in the system then the army in Lodd Eru would be a great military force. The ships lose I can then rebuild in HS if push comes to shove. Tactically I think it makes sense even though I'm probably wrong.

Ideally i'd make reparations with Tapper but I don't see how I can do that.

I've just thought of one other option. So i'm going to go explore that for 5 minutes.

#2538 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

Posted 24 January 2020 - 10:05 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2539 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 24 January 2020 - 10:48 AM

Hey Tapper, I have a suggestion.

I am looking to do something other than sit around, and you're at war with tatts. How about I give you my PN now, in return for your promise that you'll place a wormhole in Quinarra/Rarron on your turn. I'm thinking A would be my preference though I'm open to suggestions.

#2540 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:19 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 24 January 2020 - 10:48 AM, said:

Hey Tapper, I have a suggestion.

I am looking to do something other than sit around, and you're at war with tatts. How about I give you my PN now, in return for your promise that you'll place a wormhole in Quinarra/Rarron on your turn. I'm thinking A would be my preference though I'm open to suggestions.

I appreciate your offer, but let me get back to you at the start of my next action, when the impact of Tatts' attack is clear.

Share this topic:

• 189 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users