• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 21 January 2020 - 08:16 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 21 January 2020 - 01:00 AM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 20 January 2020 - 09:40 PM, said:

View PostGalactic Council, on 20 January 2020 - 08:16 PM, said:

IH:

View PostImperial Historian, on 17 January 2020 - 01:36 PM, said:

Recieve 1 tg from toaster (will wash commodities on your turn), and promise of 3 votes from toaster

As Toaster noted:

View PostToasTer86, on 20 January 2020 - 07:28 PM, said:

IH I don't see how me we are neighbours...
So I can't trade you the 1 TG yet and you cant wash me.
Or am I missing something.

You guys do not, in fact, border each other, so the above trade is not legal.

Oh yeah, in that case cancel that trade.

Khell I'll swap commodities then.

Smooth breaking of your word there khell, I'd said I'd do something but no one reminded me and now jazz is gone so I'm in the clear :p

I asked a couple of times if he wanted my Trade PN first thing, or if we could arrange something else. As I didn’t get a response after several days, I took an executive decision.

I will be happy with no PDS-fire from Wellon - unless of course I activate your systems.
Long story short: what little time I spent on the forum so far, has been in getting up to speed with my situation and in putting in provisionals and trying to get Abyz/Fria back peacefully.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#2482 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 21 January 2020 - 08:35 AM

View PostTapper, on 21 January 2020 - 08:06 AM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 20 January 2020 - 12:58 PM, said:

@Tapper, if you play Leadership on your next turn, i'll give you my Trade PN. Thoughts? (Or equivalent TG's).

Yeah, no.

The Trade PN was already part of my conditions in negotiating your peaceful exit from Abyz/Fria (granted, I haven't been around much to negotiate - and my action card wasn't so nice to you either. Reasoning behind playing it: I always find you extremely unpredictable and as such, I want your fleets to be frozen in place while I get my bearings).
Your exit from A/F is top priority for me - I asked for your first move to be back from A/F to homeworld or Q/R, and you didn't. I will hold out for that to happen - or not, but the fact remains that you can't trade the same commodity twice to me in one round - and this one's payoff would also be only next round, not this one's.

If you withold leadership then I cannot reasonably move my ships from Abyz/Fria, i'd have to build defensively instead. If you do play leadership then I will move my ships from A/F. I said no deal to giving you my trade PN after your hostile action that cost me a CT. At present the only viable way of you getting my trade PN or equivalent TG's is by playing leadership. I have 2 more stall action cards, and gain 2 more when I play Politics.

Nom said no deal on gaining the Speaker token, so it looks like you'll be picking last next round unless you come up with something a little more political.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#2483 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 21 January 2020 - 10:37 AM

View PostTapper, on 21 January 2020 - 08:16 AM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 21 January 2020 - 01:00 AM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 20 January 2020 - 09:40 PM, said:

View PostGalactic Council, on 20 January 2020 - 08:16 PM, said:

IH:

View PostImperial Historian, on 17 January 2020 - 01:36 PM, said:

Recieve 1 tg from toaster (will wash commodities on your turn), and promise of 3 votes from toaster

As Toaster noted:

View PostToasTer86, on 20 January 2020 - 07:28 PM, said:

IH I don't see how me we are neighbours...
So I can't trade you the 1 TG yet and you cant wash me.
Or am I missing something.

You guys do not, in fact, border each other, so the above trade is not legal.

Oh yeah, in that case cancel that trade.

Khell I'll swap commodities then.

Smooth breaking of your word there khell, I'd said I'd do something but no one reminded me and now jazz is gone so I'm in the clear :p

I asked a couple of times if he wanted my Trade PN first thing, or if we could arrange something else. As I didn’t get a response after several days, I took an executive decision.

I will be happy with no PDS-fire from Wellon - unless of course I activate your systems.
Long story short: what little time I spent on the forum so far, has been in getting up to speed with my situation and in putting in provisionals and trying to get Abyz/Fria back peacefully.

No worries, I’ll let Blend know not to fire on you.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#2484 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 21 January 2020 - 10:38 AM

View PostToasTer86, on 21 January 2020 - 05:42 AM, said:

@the board I have 3 commodities open for swapping. Morgoth / nom inretested in trading or washing me ?

I think we still border, do you want to trade 2:2?

#2485 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 21 January 2020 - 11:15 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 21 January 2020 - 08:35 AM, said:

@Tapper, if you play Leadership on your next turn, i'll give you my Trade PN. Thoughts? (Or equivalent TG's).

Yeah, no.

The Trade PN was already part of my conditions in negotiating your peaceful exit from Abyz/Fria (granted, I haven't been around much to negotiate - and my action card wasn't so nice to you either. Reasoning behind playing it: I always find you extremely unpredictable and as such, I want your fleets to be frozen in place while I get my bearings).
Your exit from A/F is top priority for me - I asked for your first move to be back from A/F to homeworld or Q/R, and you didn't. I will hold out for that to happen - or not, but the fact remains that you can't trade the same commodity twice to me in one round - and this one's payoff would also be only next round, not this one's.

If you withold leadership then I cannot reasonably move my ships from Abyz/Fria, i'd have to build defensively instead. If you do play leadership then I will move my ships from A/F. I said no deal to giving you my trade PN after your hostile action that cost me a CT. At present the only viable way of you getting my trade PN or equivalent TG's is by playing leadership. I have 2 more stall action cards, and gain 2 more when I play Politics.

Nom said no deal on gaining the Speaker token, so it looks like you'll be picking last next round unless you come up with something a little more political.

If you have stall cards, it doesn't really matter whether I play Leadership now or only in 2 actions - you can last that long.
I already explained that I don't particularly care about where I pick strategies, so that's no threat.

#2486 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 21 January 2020 - 11:50 AM

View PostTapper, on 21 January 2020 - 11:15 AM, said:

Yeah, no.

If you have stall cards, it doesn't really matter whether I play Leadership now or only in 2 actions - you can last that long.
I already explained that I don't particularly care about where I pick strategies, so that's no threat.

As I explained, I'd rather not use stall cards because I don't want to waste my action cards. I'll end up passing before using them. From a game point of view, negotiating me moving peacefully from A/F is in your benefit rather than having to move a full army in there. Maybe losing ships, having to rebuild with your TG's. You are sitting on 10 TG's right now and looking at the PO's;

You have fulfilled most PO's that you can achieve. The ones you are still wanting to complete are;

Corner the market
Galactic Brain Trust
Manipulate Galactic Law

Out of those the only one achievable this round would be spending 16 influence.

You obviously don't want to negotiate with me otherwise you'd have snapped my hand off for the TG's offered before, you'd be a diplomacy use away from 2 VP's.

#2487 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 21 January 2020 - 02:31 PM

View Posttwelve, on 21 January 2020 - 01:19 AM, said:

Tactical Action Activate Silvano pause to see if action is canceled

I don't have anything that can cancel such an action... we're waiting for you to continue...

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2488 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 21 January 2020 - 02:33 PM

View Posttwelve, on 20 January 2020 - 09:16 PM, said:

View PostD, on 20 January 2020 - 09:06 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 20 January 2020 - 07:54 PM, said:

D'rek what is the cost to take sikvano?

Why?

I need 1 more planet for an objective.

Weren't you only supposed to take IH's planet for 1 round? So this doesn't really work for an objective, does it.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2489 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 21 January 2020 - 02:39 PM

View PostD, on 21 January 2020 - 02:31 PM, said:

I don't have anything that can cancel such an action... we're waiting for you to continue...

+ Valefar Assimilator Y -> + Nullification Field -- After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, you may exhaust this card and spend 1 token from your strategy pool; immediately end that player's turn.

#2490 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 21 January 2020 - 02:39 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 21 January 2020 - 02:39 PM, said:

+ Valefar Assimilator Y -> + Nullification Field -- After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, you may exhaust this card and spend 1 token from your strategy pool; immediately end that player's turn.

I don't have any ships in the system.

#2491 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 January 2020 - 02:49 PM

I just reread Nullification field and realized it requires you to have ships in the system to be able to activate. I grabbed Logistics thinking that you could stop it and I'd have to try again. Will finish my action shortly.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#2492 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 January 2020 - 02:51 PM

View PostD, on 21 January 2020 - 02:33 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 20 January 2020 - 09:16 PM, said:

View PostD, on 20 January 2020 - 09:06 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 20 January 2020 - 07:54 PM, said:

D'rek what is the cost to take sikvano?

Why?

I need 1 more planet for an objective.

Weren't you only supposed to take IH's planet for 1 round? So this doesn't really work for an objective, does it.

That was 4 planets with the same trait. Now I need 6 non homeworld systems. I think I'm the only one that hasn't scored that one yet.

#2493 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 21 January 2020 - 02:53 PM

I'm not sure why you think I won't just immediately retaliate, though, either against Silvano or against a lesser-defended planet of yours. Plus obviously I don't feel the need to remove the ships over your HW first turn now. Not sure how you expect to actually hold all these planets by the end of the round... or are you planning to buy me off after you take Silvano?

#2494 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 21 January 2020 - 02:55 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 21 January 2020 - 11:50 AM, said:

Yeah, no.

As I explained, I'd rather not use stall cards because I don't want to waste my action cards. I'll end up passing before using them. From a game point of view, negotiating me moving peacefully from A/F is in your benefit rather than having to move a full army in there. Maybe losing ships, having to rebuild with your TG's. You are sitting on 10 TG's right now and looking at the PO's;

You have fulfilled most PO's that you can achieve. The ones you are still wanting to complete are;

Corner the market
Galactic Brain Trust
Manipulate Galactic Law

You obviously don't want to negotiate with me otherwise you'd have snapped my hand off for the TG's offered before, you'd be a diplomacy use away from 2 VP's.

Spending 10+ TG on an objective when you have a fleet next to my HW and all I have as a guarantee is good faith (just after you attacked Jazz), is folly. You say you need to build defensively - then I need a strategic reserve as long as you've got 2 Exotrireme IIs in reach of my fleets.

#2495 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 21 January 2020 - 03:01 PM

View PostTapper, on 21 January 2020 - 02:55 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 21 January 2020 - 11:50 AM, said:

Yeah, no.

Corner the market
Galactic Brain Trust
Manipulate Galactic Law

Spending 10+ TG on an objective when you have a fleet next to my HW and all I have as a guarantee is good faith (just after you attacked Jazz), is folly. You say you need to build defensively - then I need a strategic reserve as long as you've got 2 Exotrireme IIs in reach of my fleets.

You won't be spending those TG's until status phase so you'd know whether you'd be able to or not, and as we are discussing moving out of A/F the only thing stopping that would be you starving me out of moves with the use of leadership. How do you see that going? I've already stated that if you use Leadership on your next turn, or turn after you can have my trade PN, and i'll move out of those two planets. They helped me score a PO, and I have not "used" them for resources or anything. If I did or did not take them last round with how things turned out you'd not have used them either. You moving ships in there helps me by blockading that area from wormhole placement. Something I did ask Jazz to do to prevent back door attacks.

#2496 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 21 January 2020 - 03:03 PM

Sorry Tatts - I just find that you and I look at the same situation and read it in entirely different ways.
Fact is, you have a massive fleet next to my home world and on top of resources I controlled and want to control. I need that fleet gone one way or another.
Maybe I cut myself in the fingers by playing that action card, maybe not. For me, it was a way towards reducing your threat/options without having to attack straight of the bat.

#2497 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 January 2020 - 03:10 PM

View PostD, on 21 January 2020 - 02:53 PM, said:

I'm not sure why you think I won't just immediately retaliate, though, either against Silvano or against a lesser-defended planet of yours. Plus obviously I don't feel the need to remove the ships over your HW first turn now. Not sure how you expect to actually hold all these planets by the end of the round... or are you planning to buy me off after you take Silvano?

I fully expect you to but this is my only viable way to score a point this round. I did lead off with diplomatic overtures but it felt like you were ignoring me. If we can still come up with a peaceful way to resolve this I'm happy to discuss.

#2498 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 21 January 2020 - 03:17 PM

View PostTapper, on 21 January 2020 - 03:03 PM, said:

Sorry Tatts - I just find that you and I look at the same situation and read it in entirely different ways.
Fact is, you have a massive fleet next to my home world and on top of resources I controlled and want to control. I need that fleet gone one way or another.
Maybe I cut myself in the fingers by playing that action card, maybe not. For me, it was a way towards reducing your threat/options without having to attack straight of the bat.

Not that I welcome an attack it doesn't bother me if you do. I'd prefer a peaceful solution. If it was you from the start maybe you'd have locked down the SFTT early doors and we'd have an amicable relationship. It was Jazz who was starting to threaten maybe because his plans for Rex went awry or he couldn't catch a break. I'd prefer the ability to play this round on but you may force me to pass and take your chances. I don't know what else to offer you, as I'm not going to give stuff away. All I'd be doing is building and planning for the future rounds. You have options and bargaining power right now, use them, and come up with something that we may agree to. If not then let's play on.

#2499 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 21 January 2020 - 03:20 PM

View Posttwelve, on 21 January 2020 - 03:10 PM, said:

I fully expect you to but this is my only viable way to score a point this round. I did lead off with diplomatic overtures but it felt like you were ignoring me. If we can still come up with a peaceful way to resolve this I'm happy to discuss.

Fight! Fight! Fight!

#2500 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 21 January 2020 - 03:23 PM

View Posttwelve, on 21 January 2020 - 03:10 PM, said:

I wasn't ignoring you, I just couldn't get back online all yesterday evening :shrug: I'll have to look at the objectives and see if there's a way you can pay me for Silvano/not to retaliate that leads to me getting an objective too

Share this topic:

• 189 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users