• You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 149.5 Pete & Motatoes Game Thread

#81 User is offline   Barghast 

• Fist
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:31 PM

View PostKilava, on 14 August 2019 - 09:24 PM, said:

View PostBarghast, on 14 August 2019 - 09:19 PM, said:

I see what they were saying. I disagree with the usefulness of it. But that's not my point. What bothers me is explaining this through potential intentions of partner scum. It's a miracle Rikkter didn't hurt themselves with that reach and you reacted as if they were providing good insight. I don't like it.

The way I interpreted it was that Rikkter was putting pressure by voting for Gait and seeing if scum would freak out. As it happens Sheltatha reacted strongly, and then when you came after Rikkter and not voting for him, it's a clear vote for Sheltatha. Saying you don't like it doesn't really mean much, since you're not explaining what is wrong with the reasoning. Can you explain why? I'm big enough to admit if I missed something, so come on explain.

Because I don't think there was any reasoning at all in their explanation. They started saying something about the hopes of the killer's partner being relevant to the potential lynch or modkill of Gait. That was some made up nonsense.

#82 User is offline   Kilava 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:32 PM

View PostBarghast, on 14 August 2019 - 09:31 PM, said:

I see what they were saying. I disagree with the usefulness of it. But that's not my point. What bothers me is explaining this through potential intentions of partner scum. It's a miracle Rikkter didn't hurt themselves with that reach and you reacted as if they were providing good insight. I don't like it.

The way I interpreted it was that Rikkter was putting pressure by voting for Gait and seeing if scum would freak out. As it happens Sheltatha reacted strongly, and then when you came after Rikkter and not voting for him, it's a clear vote for Sheltatha. Saying you don't like it doesn't really mean much, since you're not explaining what is wrong with the reasoning. Can you explain why? I'm big enough to admit if I missed something, so come on explain.

Because I don't think there was any reasoning at all in their explanation. They started saying something about the hopes of the killer's partner being relevant to the potential lynch or modkill of Gait. That was some made up nonsense.

Wait what? When did they say that, I don't see it, and I just looked over their posts again.

#83 User is offline   Barghast 

• Fist

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:33 PM

Here

View PostRikkter, on 14 August 2019 - 04:56 PM, said:

View PostKilava, on 14 August 2019 - 04:54 PM, said:

It's either vote for gait if he's about to get modkilled or we could vote no lynch I guess - How much time until he's modkilled? Path-Shaper can you confirm?

I actually would prefer to lynch if he doesn't show up, on the off chance that he is a killer and his partner is holding out hope that he'll sign in.

#84 User is offline   Barghast 

• Fist

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:36 PM

We're minutes away and don't have enough people to lynch Kilava, so I'm gonna let it go for now.

remove vote

vote Rikkter

#85 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:37 PM

My initial feeling was that Shel's vote was a "poke and see what happens" type thing and I still buy that. Regarding my vote on Gamelon, the very easy "why not" bandwagon vote rubbed me the wrong way.

Rikkter's reaction has been rather OMGUS and I'm happy voting there.

Remove vote
Vote Rikkter

Barg's voting behaviour is also somewhat catching my attention at the moment. He didn't vote Rikkter earlier but he's now dropping a vote on Kilava, someone who currently has zero votes, with so little time remaining. I'm not sure what to make of Kilava but it's not generally the ideal time for a new train...

#86 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:38 PM

Oh, x-post with Barg changing his vote fair enough :)

#87 User is offline   Kilava 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:40 PM

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 14 August 2019 - 09:30 PM, said:

View PostKilava, on 14 August 2019 - 09:30 PM, said:

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 14 August 2019 - 09:26 PM, said:

Besides the fact that your love triangle includes 3 scum in a 10 person game?

LOL what how do you get to 3 scum? What kind of maths is that?

That is what I was asking you. Your scenario assumes I am scum rushing to aid Gait and that Barghast defending me makes him number 3.

Oh, no you're confusing what Rikkter is saying with why I voted for you - I only said I understood what Rikkter meant - what bothered me was that Barghast was defending you - I did think it was possible that scum would react if Gait was a partner, but it's much more likely that they would use the vote on gait to go after Rikkter, just like you have, because it's easy to attack someone that is putting pressure. Barghast defending you only solidified that thinking for me. Are you following me?

#88 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:45 PM

View PostKilava, on 14 August 2019 - 09:40 PM, said:

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 14 August 2019 - 09:30 PM, said:

View PostKilava, on 14 August 2019 - 09:30 PM, said:

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 14 August 2019 - 09:26 PM, said:

Besides the fact that your love triangle includes 3 scum in a 10 person game?

LOL what how do you get to 3 scum? What kind of maths is that?

That is what I was asking you. Your scenario assumes I am scum rushing to aid Gait and that Barghast defending me makes him number 3.

Oh, no you're confusing what Rikkter is saying with why I voted for you - I only said I understood what Rikkter meant - what bothered me was that Barghast was defending you - I did think it was possible that scum would react if Gait was a partner, but it's much more likely that they would use the vote on gait to go after Rikkter, just like you have, because it's easy to attack someone that is putting pressure. Barghast defending you only solidified that thinking for me. Are you following me?

That makes more sense than someone rushing to save Gait. But you realize this view you have constructed now shows that either you side with Rikkter thinking voting for a modkill is "pressure" somehow or that you understand Rikkter's vote was useless and stupid, which should be in the consideration for scum behavior (aka, useful appearing behavior that is actual useless or worse, destructive).

#89 User is offline   Kilava 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:46 PM

We do need a lynch, so I don't have a choice.

remove vote

vote Rikkter

#90 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:47 PM

It is Day 1. less than a minute since time out
10 Players still alive: Barghast, Gait, Galayn Lord, Gamelon, Kilava, Okral Lom, Prazec Goul, Rikkter, Sheltatha Lore, Venesara

6 votes to lynch, 5 votes to go to night.

1 Vote for Gamelon ( Prazec Goul )
2 Votes for Sheltatha Lore ( Rikkter, Kilava )
1 Vote for Gait ( Gamelon )
4 Votes for Rikkter ( Sheltatha Lore, Venesara, Barghast, Gait )

Players not voted: Galayn Lord, Okral Lom

There has been no lynch.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 17 August 2019 - 10:46 PM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#91 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:48 PM

It is Night 1.
10 Players still alive: Gait, Rikkter, Sheltatha Lore, Gamelon, Kilava, Okral Lom, Galayn Lord, Barghast, Prazec Goul, Venesara
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#92 User is offline   Kilava 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:49 PM

Oh for fucks sake, when was the time out?

#93 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:51 PM

Okral Lom has been killed.

They were Brujah and a motato.

#94 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:55 PM

It is Day 2. 35 hours and 59 minutes remaining
9 Players still alive: Barghast, Gait, Galayn Lord, Gamelon, Kilava, Prazec Goul, Rikkter, Sheltatha Lore, Venesara

5 votes to lynch, 5 votes to go to night.

Players not voted: Barghast, Gait, Galayn Lord, Gamelon, Kilava, Prazec Goul, Rikkter, Sheltatha Lore, Venesara

#95 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:57 PM

Sorry guys, the Liverpool game went into extra time and I couldn't get on sooner. If the game finished on time I would have had an hour.

#96 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:58 PM

View PostPrazec Goul, on 14 August 2019 - 09:57 PM, said:

Sorry guys, the Liverpool game went into extra time and I couldn't get on sooner. If the game finished on time I would have had an hour.

Don't make yourself too difficult to alt :killingme:

#97 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:00 PM

View PostGait, on 14 August 2019 - 06:23 PM, said:

I'm here don't kill me I forgot about the game sorry!

Right on queue.

Focus on Gait from players because of absence. Arrives to escape punishment. Town presumably looks elsewhere. I hope hes contributed much since.

#98 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:05 PM

View PostBarghast, on 14 August 2019 - 08:56 PM, said:

I'm here and I also find this suspicious:

View PostKilava, on 14 August 2019 - 05:02 PM, said:

View PostRikkter, on 14 August 2019 - 04:56 PM, said:

View PostKilava, on 14 August 2019 - 04:54 PM, said:

It's either vote for gait if he's about to get modkilled or we could vote no lynch I guess - How much time until he's modkilled? Path-Shaper can you confirm?

I actually would prefer to lynch if he doesn't show up, on the off chance that he is a killer and his partner is holding out hope that he'll sign in.

Oooh I get what you're saying.

Rikkter's suggestion wasn't particularly useful. Their reasoning was also weak. Latching onto that stinks.

Vote Kilava

I agree with this viciously.

#99 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:17 PM

After reading up I think Rikkter would be a good vote. I've got good vibes from Ven, Sheltatha, Gait and Barghast for different reasons. I'll explain further tomorrow. Bad vibes from Kilava, Rikkter, Galayn Lord and Gamelon.

Okay to expand on that, I don't like Kilavas defense of Rikkter at all but maybe they've muddied things on purpose. All this arguing on thread back and forth yet, even though present, it feels like Gamelon and Galayn Lord didn't join in. Killers letting us argue amongst ourselves?

Like I said I'll read up and try to expand my thoughts further tomorrow.

#100 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:19 PM

View PostGalayn Lord, on 14 August 2019 - 06:33 PM, said:

View PostGait, on 14 August 2019 - 06:27 PM, said:

The people voting for me are clearly either dumb or scum. Why would you ever go for the vote that gives town the least information possible?

Let's get this game rolling.

Vote Gamelon

Actually failing to lynch does that. At least with a lynch you have a CF rather than a "X was modkilled for inactivity" so you know their alignment.

Nothing to what is going on around him. Suspicious. Measly.

Share this topic:

• 34 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users