• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 149.5 Pete & Motatoes Game Thread

#121 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 01:24 PM

View PostGamelon, on 15 August 2019 - 01:09 PM, said:

Obviously your post hit a nerve Prazec otherwise I wouldn't have voted for you. And I said exactly why that was already. And I don't see GL defending me in that post, so you keep doing you scumboy.

As long as you're admitting it. Gait voted for you and GL explains your reasoning but that's not defending? MMMkkay

#122 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 15 August 2019 - 01:28 PM

View PostPrazec Goul, on 15 August 2019 - 01:24 PM, said:

Obviously your post hit a nerve Prazec otherwise I wouldn't have voted for you. And I said exactly why that was already. And I don't see GL defending me in that post, so you keep doing you scumboy.

As long as you're admitting it. Gait voted for you and GL explains your reasoning but that's not defending? MMMkkay

GL is disagreeing with Gait’s opinion, not defending me. And even so, I agree with GL’s point, I happen to think it’s sensible. Mmmmmkkkkkkkkay?

#123 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 15 August 2019 - 01:38 PM

View PostGamelon, on 15 August 2019 - 01:28 PM, said:

GL is disagreeing with Gait's opinion, not defending me. And even so, I agree with GL's point, I happen to think it's sensible. Mmmmmkkkkkkkkay?

and your thoughts on to why that's all he commented on?

#124 User is offline   Galayn Lord 

• Recruit

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:01 PM

View PostPrazec Goul, on 15 August 2019 - 01:38 PM, said:

GL is disagreeing with Gait's opinion, not defending me. And even so, I agree with GL's point, I happen to think it's sensible. Mmmmmkkkkkkkkay?

Because that's all I felt was worth commenting on at that point - correcting someones understanding before it lead to a balls-up. Gamelon is reading me correctly.

#125 User is offline   Galayn Lord 

• Recruit

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:03 PM

View PostPrazec Goul, on 14 August 2019 - 10:17 PM, said:

After reading up I think Rikkter would be a good vote. I've got good vibes from Ven, Sheltatha, Gait and Barghast for different reasons. I'll explain further tomorrow. Bad vibes from Kilava, Rikkter, Galayn Lord and Gamelon.

Okay to expand on that, I don't like Kilavas defense of Rikkter at all but maybe they've muddied things on purpose. All this arguing on thread back and forth yet, even though present, it feels like Gamelon and Galayn Lord didn't join in. Killers letting us argue amongst ourselves?

Like I said I'll read up and try to expand my thoughts further tomorrow.

Prazec, these vibes. Explain the Barghast ones because they feel like they're flying low under the radar to me at the moment.

#126 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:06 PM

View PostGalayn Lord, on 15 August 2019 - 02:01 PM, said:

View PostPrazec Goul, on 15 August 2019 - 01:38 PM, said:

Because that's all I felt was worth commenting on at that point - correcting someones understanding before it lead to a balls-up. Gamelon is reading me correctly.

So you are agreeing with my point made about you, present yet not present.

#127 User is offline   Galayn Lord 

• Recruit

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:11 PM

View PostPrazec Goul, on 15 August 2019 - 02:06 PM, said:

Actually, your thought about me was...

View PostPrazec Goul, on 14 August 2019 - 10:19 PM, said:

Nothing to what is going on around him. Suspicious. Measly.

...that I didn't comment on something I didn't consider worth commenting on. Wow I am blown away.

#128 User is offline   Rikkter 

• Recruit

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:13 PM

OK I'm back and reading up.

#129 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:14 PM

I can do each one as I said I would, firstly I did a quick read up before bed and posted my initial findings/feelings.

Barghast calling out Rikkter and prompting him to post multiple replies,

View PostBarghast, on 14 August 2019 - 06:01 PM, said:

Except your math is shit, because not voting Gait doesn't imply lynching someone else.
A little bit jumpy, aren't you Rikkter?

Voting Kilava with further reasoning

View PostBarghast, on 14 August 2019 - 08:56 PM, said:

I'm here and I also find this suspicious:

Rikkter's suggestion wasn't particularly useful. Their reasoning was also weak. Latching onto that stinks.

Vote Kilava

View PostBarghast, on 14 August 2019 - 09:19 PM, said:

I see what they were saying. I disagree with the usefulness of it. But that's not my point. What bothers me is explaining this through potential intentions of partner scum. It's a miracle Rikkter didn't hurt themselves with that reach and you reacted as if they were providing good insight. I don't like it.

None of Barghast's post look scummy, they look on the good side of things, prompting, voting and not afraid to stick their neck out, I am sure I get similar vibesand posts from the other's I mentioned but we're not here to find the good we're here to find the bad and that's why my main attention has been on You GL and Gamelon because I can see a connection there, defensiveness and laying low, which you've admitted.

#130 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:23 PM

View PostGalayn Lord, on 15 August 2019 - 02:11 PM, said:

View PostPrazec Goul, on 15 August 2019 - 02:06 PM, said:

Actually, your thought about me was...

View PostPrazec Goul, on 14 August 2019 - 10:19 PM, said:

Nothing to what is going on around him. Suspicious. Measly.

...that I didn't comment on something I didn't consider worth commenting on. Wow I am blown away.

As long as you are going back and quoting, Gait says it a lot better than I ever could. Do you want to quote him and reply that way? Just for the record you see.

#131 User is offline   Rikkter 

• Recruit

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:32 PM

Ok, I just got caught up and reread that last hour before the failed lynch.

One thing that strikes me as odd is that Barghast and Gait made a big push for me as lynch du jour immediately after I said I would be unavailable. There were other options out there, but they went after the one that couldn't defend themselves.

Next is Prazec. I pretty much agree with what others have been saying here. He is conveniently too late to the party, and that post where he lists the people he trusts and the ones he doesn't is a bit over the top. This is day 1 on Mafia. How could you POSSIBLY have good feelings about anyone yet? After several days yes, but I for one don't trust anyone yet.

Last the talk on GL. Yeah, when strung together it does look like he's coasting. I'd like to see how he plays now that the real game is afoot.

My main focus at the moment is Barghast, Gait and Prazec. While I think it is likely that one killer would be in the 4 that voted me, I suspect that the other killer either voted somewhere else or didn't vote at all. My gut is telling me that this looks like Prazec.

#132 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:38 PM

I always want the lynch to go through, regardless of allegiance. I'd have voted you Rikkter if I had been available. I'm not comfortable voting you today though because the posts you have thrown out have looked pretty genuine. The antagonistic feel towards the thread as a whole and your current stance. My top two for scum are Gamelon first followed by Galayn Lord.

#133 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:11 PM

View PostRikkter, on 15 August 2019 - 02:32 PM, said:

One thing that strikes me as odd is that Barghast and Gait made a big push for me as lynch du jour immediately after I said I would be unavailable. There were other options out there, but they went after the one that couldn't defend themselves.

As far as I can see, I made one post on you after you said you were leaving which was a vote with ~10 minutes left before the end of the day. In terms of options, we needed six votes and you and Shel both had two, so I explained why I preferred you to Shel and voted. I have to say that your analysis does feel pretty shaped by whoever happens to vote for you. Like, for the record this is my post... where is the "big push"?

View PostGait, on 14 August 2019 - 09:37 PM, said:

My initial feeling was that Shel's vote was a "poke and see what happens" type thing and I still buy that. Regarding my vote on Gamelon, the very easy "why not" bandwagon vote rubbed me the wrong way.

Rikkter's reaction has been rather OMGUS and I'm happy voting there.

Remove vote
Vote Rikkter

#134 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:15 PM

Similarly, Barg was pushing Kilava hard and only switched with a few minutes left in the game. I'm just struggling to see that reading of the game.

#135 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:21 PM

Also GL's explanation doesn't convince me and I'm entirely happy with my vote as it stands. You didn't say anything because you didn't think it was worth saying anything. OK. Why?

Not being around is one thing. But being around when the proper game is kicking off with pressure, reactions, votes, analysis and preferring not to get involved is another.

#136 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:37 PM

Just to add, GL currently has more posts than either Ven or Shel and has said practically nothing with them.

#137 User is offline   Barghast 

• Fist

Posted 15 August 2019 - 05:37 PM

Back from work. Gonna read from the beginning and see how things are looking.

#138 User is offline   Barghast 

• Fist

Posted 15 August 2019 - 06:16 PM

Loose thoughts from Day 1 reread:

Kilava still stands out to me as scummy. Yesterday I got hung up on the affirmation of Rikkter's 'case' for lynching Gait but I didn't notice it was preceded by this:

View PostKilava, on 14 August 2019 - 04:54 PM, said:

It's either vote for gait if he's about to get modkilled or we could vote no lynch I guess - How much time until he's modkilled? Path-Shaper can you confirm?

Pretty definitive statement under the circumstances. And later on, after Rikkter switched to vote Sheltatha, Kilava followed suit. The more I look at it, the more it seems like Kilava was egging on Rikkter in their pursuits to put them on the spot.

While we're at it, Gamelon's drive-by vote is ridiculous:

View PostGamelon, on 14 August 2019 - 04:29 PM, said:

Vote Gait

There’s nothing to go on, so why not.

Rikkter's meltdown was weird and over the top. Rubs me the wrong way and looks made up but have to give it to them, they removed the Gait vote even before Gait showed up.

Nearing the end of the day we have a bizarre exchange between Sheltatha and Kilava:

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 14 August 2019 - 09:30 PM, said:

View PostKilava, on 14 August 2019 - 09:30 PM, said:

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 14 August 2019 - 09:26 PM, said:

View PostKilava, on 14 August 2019 - 09:24 PM, said:

View PostBarghast, on 14 August 2019 - 09:19 PM, said:

I see what they were saying. I disagree with the usefulness of it. But that's not my point. What bothers me is explaining this through potential intentions of partner scum. It's a miracle Rikkter didn't hurt themselves with that reach and you reacted as if they were providing good insight. I don't like it.

The way I interpreted it was that Rikkter was putting pressure by voting for Gait and seeing if scum would freak out. As it happens Sheltatha reacted strongly, and then when you came after Rikkter and not voting for him, it's a clear vote for Sheltatha. Saying you don't like it doesn't really mean much, since you're not explaining what is wrong with the reasoning. Can you explain why? I'm big enough to admit if I missed something, so come on explain.

Besides the fact that your love triangle includes 3 scum in a 10 person game?

LOL what how do you get to 3 scum? What kind of maths is that?

That is what I was asking you. Your scenario assumes I am scum rushing to aid Gait and that Barghast defending me makes him number 3.

Kilava rationalizes standing behind Rikkter and Sheltatha bends over backwards to pretend they don't understand the point. This reads like a ham-fisted attempt at distancing - Kilava's vote that put Shel at a fairly safe L-4 fits that too.

Based on D1, I'd be leaning towards Rikkter and Sheltatha being scum, but Gamelon's drive-by definitely pings the radar too. Moving on to D2.

#139 User is offline   Barghast 

• Fist

Posted 15 August 2019 - 06:40 PM

D2:

Ugh, Prazec's stream of consciousness puts me on the fence. He throws out a lot of shit to see what sticks. That looks way off to me because I like to do when I'm scum :D But then it's hard to really put a finger on any misstep there. Prazec was first to point out Galayn's coasting and they also got Gamelon to talk themselves into this mess:

View PostGamelon, on 15 August 2019 - 12:38 AM, said:

View PostPrazec Goul, on 14 August 2019 - 10:17 PM, said:

After reading up I think Rikkter would be a good vote. I've got good vibes from Ven, Sheltatha, Gait and Barghast for different reasons. I'll explain further tomorrow. Bad vibes from Kilava, Rikkter, Galayn Lord and Gamelon.

Okay to expand on that, I don't like Kilavas defense of Rikkter at all but maybe they've muddied things on purpose. All this arguing on thread back and forth yet, even though present, it feels like Gamelon and Galayn Lord didn't join in. Killers letting us argue amongst ourselves?

Like I said I'll read up and try to expand my thoughts further tomorrow.

Hmm, who else hasn’t been around for the arguing back and forth, I feel like someone’s missing from this list, can’t quite put my finger on it, who could it be...

Wait, wait, it couldn’t be Prazec himself could it? Surely he wouldn’t label people who weren’t around for the arguing as suspicious just on that when he himself also fits into that category? Would he? I mean, it would so audacious as to verge on the moronic!

I say Prazec is a killer. They expressed a happiness to vote for Gait before they came on (which I thought was reasonable at the time but some of you guys seem to think is a ‘bad thing’, so I’m putting it in here), they come on and 1) just echo an argument already made by others without adding anything further, and 2) highlight the lesser-posting players because they feel that’s an easy non-confrontational target. Not to mention they’ve managed to pick out four players out of nine - eight not including themselves. Don’t stick your neck out so much Prazec!

Vote Prazec Goul

For hypocritical reasoning, which as we all know is a scum trait. But for reals, this here is a killer y’all.

Gamelon's D1 behavior was quite damning so getting this defensive about being called out on it looks scummy. And then we have more of the same:

Obviously your post hit a nerve Prazec otherwise I wouldn’t have voted for you. And I said exactly why that was already. And I don’t see GL defending me in that post, so you keep doing you scumboy.

As for the Galayn case, most have been said and it's looking solid. They've been coasting and a claim there was nothing worth commenting on is straight up bullshit.

I'm currently considering Kilava, Gamelon, or Galayn for a vote. Not gonna do it yet because I don't want to put Galayn at L-2 and Kilava hasn't spoken today yet. But I'm around for a few more hours and planning to cast a vote before bedtime. I should also be around for the timeout.

#140 User is offline   Venesara 

• Recruit

Posted 15 August 2019 - 06:45 PM

I'm here. Reading.

Share this topic:

• 34 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic