• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 149.5 Pete & Motatoes Game Thread

#61 User is offline   Rikkter 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:27 PM

View PostGait, on 14 August 2019 - 07:15 PM, said:

I'm curious as to why Shelly moreso than Ven, and your general thoughts on Ven's post.

Well, I’m not voting based on omgus. I don’t agree with ven that I created wifom by saying that IF you were a missing killer, your partner might defend. But he did put some thought into it.

Shelly just deliberately didn’t understand and gave no real reason.

#62 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:30 PM

It is Day 1. 2 hours and 15 minutes remaining
10 Players still alive: Barghast, Gait, Galayn Lord, Gamelon, Kilava, Okral Lom, Prazec Goul, Rikkter, Sheltatha Lore, Venesara

6 votes to lynch, 5 votes to go to night.

2 Votes for Gamelon ( Prazec Goul, Gait )
1 Vote for Gait ( Gamelon )
1 Vote for Sheltatha Lore ( Rikkter )
2 Votes for Rikkter ( Venesara, Sheltatha Lore )

Players not voted: Barghast, Galayn Lord, Kilava, Okral Lom
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#63 User is offline   Kilava 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:39 PM

View PostVenesara, on 14 August 2019 - 06:24 PM, said:

View PostKilava, on 14 August 2019 - 05:02 PM, said:

View PostRikkter, on 14 August 2019 - 04:56 PM, said:

View PostKilava, on 14 August 2019 - 04:54 PM, said:

It's either vote for gait if he's about to get modkilled or we could vote no lynch I guess - How much time until he's modkilled? Path-Shaper can you confirm?

I actually would prefer to lynch if he doesn't show up, on the off chance that he is a killer and his partner is holding out hope that he'll sign in.

Oooh I get what you're saying.

I find this exchange weird. Not the topic itself but like, what is with this explanation? And then Kilava suddenly understands basic M&P mafia?

I don't disagree with lynch v modkill necessarily but this is pretty specific speculation about the killers' actions, reasons, and thought process..... WIFOM already, on day 1?

What does voting Gait for modkill have to do with Gait's partner? Why are you discussing Gait's partner's reasons like they matter? Why are you discussing potential scum reasoning out loud on day 1?

Vote Rikkter

Why was it weird that I understood what he was saying? Aren't you doing what you accuse Rikkter of here, creating WIFOM on day one?

#64 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:46 PM

Are people around? 1 hour left by my count.

#65 User is offline   Rikkter 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:48 PM

I’m around, but I will be unavailable in about 10 minutes

#66 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:50 PM

It is Day 1. 55 minutes remaining
10 Players still alive: Barghast, Gait, Galayn Lord, Gamelon, Kilava, Okral Lom, Prazec Goul, Rikkter, Sheltatha Lore, Venesara

Players not voted: Barghast, Galayn Lord, Kilava, Okral Lom
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#67 User is offline   Barghast 

• Fist

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:56 PM

I'm here and I also find this suspicious:

It's either vote for gait if he's about to get modkilled or we could vote no lynch I guess - How much time until he's modkilled? Path-Shaper can you confirm?

I actually would prefer to lynch if he doesn't show up, on the off chance that he is a killer and his partner is holding out hope that he'll sign in.

Rikkter's suggestion wasn't particularly useful. Their reasoning was also weak. Latching onto that stinks.

Vote Kilava

#68 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:56 PM

I figured Rikkter's vote for Gait was useless given how a modkill was coming and a pressure vote just seemed over the top for someone "encouraging" participation. Typically, one votes for present players to garner a reaction, which my vote on Rikkter certainly did. 1 vote out of 6 needed to lynch and Rikkter loses it and follows up with a OMGUS vote, claiming I had no reason to vote for him. Amusing really.

Another interesting action popped up. Gait went for Gamelon not Rikkter, making sure Gamelon had the most momentum behind him after the initial joke vote.

So right now, Rikkter went from rationalizing a vote on a probable modkill to accusing me of symping and not doing proper maths. I argue that if you really want day 1 pressuring, vote for present people and see how others react. Rikkter reacted badly with little pressure. I now would like to see how a lynch on him comes out. Need I say more?

#69 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:58 PM

It is Day 1. 46 minutes remaining

1 Vote for Kilava ( Barghast )

Players not voted: Galayn Lord, Kilava, Okral Lom

#70 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:09 PM

I would remind everyone that if we do not lynch tonight, we lose a critical opportunity to find information. A game with 10 players will go fast.

#71 User is offline   Kilava 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:09 PM

While I agree that Rikkter has come off a bit aggressive, Sheltatha's vote followed by Barghast defending Sheltatha and also not voting makes me wonder? Even if you disagree with Rikkter's reasoning, there are obviously more than one way of putting pressure, and at least vote for someone you find jumpy, as Barghast called Rikkter. If Barghast had followed that up with a vote, I would have been less suspicious - as it stands he comes off as wanting to derail without committing to anything.

Vote Sheltatha Lore

#72 User is offline   Kilava 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:11 PM

Oh I see Barghast managed to vote while I wrote up my post.

#73 User is offline   Kilava 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:15 PM

View PostBarghast, on 14 August 2019 - 08:56 PM, said:

Rikkter's suggestion wasn't particularly useful. Their reasoning was also weak. Latching onto that stinks.

Vote Kilava

No I definitely understood what he was saying. Pretending it wasn't a reasonable way of thinking is weird. You really don't get what he was trying to do? Even if you disagree? That's all I was saying. he's definitely been a bit aggressive though, but I find your defense of Sheltatha weirder.

#74 User is offline   Barghast 

• Fist

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:19 PM

I see what they were saying. I disagree with the usefulness of it. But that's not my point. What bothers me is explaining this through potential intentions of partner scum. It's a miracle Rikkter didn't hurt themselves with that reach and you reacted as if they were providing good insight. I don't like it.

#75 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:20 PM

View PostKilava, on 14 August 2019 - 09:15 PM, said:

Vote Kilava

No I definitely understood what he was saying. Pretending it wasn't a reasonable way of thinking is weird. You really don't get what he was trying to do? Even if you disagree? That's all I was saying. he's definitely been a bit aggressive though, but I find your defense of Sheltatha weirder.

Ok, help me understand how lynching someone who will be modkilled if they don't show up by end of day is helpful? I don't get it actually. Lynching concurrent to a modkill wastes a lynch. Lynching someone who has not talked (and thus not provided any background behavior) seems empty as well. If there is a suspicion that someone is defending Gait, go after that person, not Gait. Please help me understand where you "get it"?

#76 User is offline   Kilava 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:24 PM

View PostBarghast, on 14 August 2019 - 09:19 PM, said:

I see what they were saying. I disagree with the usefulness of it. But that's not my point. What bothers me is explaining this through potential intentions of partner scum. It's a miracle Rikkter didn't hurt themselves with that reach and you reacted as if they were providing good insight. I don't like it.

The way I interpreted it was that Rikkter was putting pressure by voting for Gait and seeing if scum would freak out. As it happens Sheltatha reacted strongly, and then when you came after Rikkter and not voting for him, it's a clear vote for Sheltatha. Saying you don't like it doesn't really mean much, since you're not explaining what is wrong with the reasoning. Can you explain why? I'm big enough to admit if I missed something, so come on explain.

#77 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:26 PM

View PostKilava, on 14 August 2019 - 09:24 PM, said:

The way I interpreted it was that Rikkter was putting pressure by voting for Gait and seeing if scum would freak out. As it happens Sheltatha reacted strongly, and then when you came after Rikkter and not voting for him, it's a clear vote for Sheltatha. Saying you don't like it doesn't really mean much, since you're not explaining what is wrong with the reasoning. Can you explain why? I'm big enough to admit if I missed something, so come on explain.

Besides the fact that your love triangle includes 3 scum in a 10 person game?

#78 User is offline   Kilava 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:28 PM

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 14 August 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

View PostKilava, on 14 August 2019 - 09:15 PM, said:

Vote Kilava

Ok, help me understand how lynching someone who will be modkilled if they don't show up by end of day is helpful? I don't get it actually. Lynching concurrent to a modkill wastes a lynch. Lynching someone who has not talked (and thus not provided any background behavior) seems empty as well. If there is a suspicion that someone is defending Gait, go after that person, not Gait. Please help me understand where you "get it"?

So wait, you understand that one should go after someone if they defend gait, but to do that you have to give them a reason to, and that's what I thought Rikkter meant, or am I missing something? I'm confused why you don't see that tbh. Ofcourse Rikkter could be messing with us and be scum, but in that case I'm actually retarded.

#79 User is offline   Kilava 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:30 PM

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 14 August 2019 - 09:26 PM, said:

LOL what how do you get to 3 scum? What kind of maths is that?

#80 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:30 PM

View PostKilava, on 14 August 2019 - 09:30 PM, said:

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 14 August 2019 - 09:26 PM, said:

LOL what how do you get to 3 scum? What kind of maths is that?

That is what I was asking you. Your scenario assumes I am scum rushing to aid Gait and that Barghast defending me makes him number 3.

Share this topic:

• 34 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users