TI4 Game 4B - Chat Thread

#441 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 July 2019 - 08:00 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 19 July 2019 - 07:35 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 19 July 2019 - 07:35 PM, said:

Damn you Khell. Oh well.

I was excited for you when I saw that you had rolled a 10 on your infantry roll, then winced when I saw Khell's 8. So close!!

Inevitability. Morgoth could tell you all about it.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#442 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 20 July 2019 - 02:31 AM

I'm out of town and only have roaming data so my posts/reading is really sparse, sorry. I'll pretty my update when I'm back tomorrow night.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#443 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 20 July 2019 - 04:29 AM

I want technology morgoth

#444 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 July 2019 - 11:21 AM

It's interesting comparing the two games. Game A looks like it has had a much more explosive start than ours, which has been pretty cagy so far. Everyone seems to be circling around rex still.

#445 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 July 2019 - 11:57 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 20 July 2019 - 11:21 AM, said:

It's interesting comparing the two games. Game A looks like it has had a much more explosive start than ours, which has been pretty cagy so far. Everyone seems to be circling around rex still.

With the 2 objectives we've opened with in that game it was explosive in a very literal sense. Everyone except D'rek lost something.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#446 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 20 July 2019 - 06:30 PM

IH, that Spy card you have? Play it elsewhere or I’ll be forced to sabotage it.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#447 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 July 2019 - 07:14 PM

View PostGnaw, on 20 July 2019 - 06:30 PM, said:

Good to know, a sabotage card out of the hands of the yssaril is probably worth it.

#448 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 July 2019 - 07:19 PM

Out of neighbourliness and because you seem to have a vagrancy issue in your backyard, I'll play it elsewhere if you make me speaker. I'll leave you the strategy of your choice of course. I figure a sabotage card in hand is worth it. Fair?

#449 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 July 2019 - 07:22 PM

Gnaw, I have 2 paths to gain points, Rex or through you. If not paid to choose the Rex option, I'm choosing the tech specialty planets option. How much are you going to pay me to do the Rex Option?

#450 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 July 2019 - 07:30 PM

For what it's worth twelve whilst i respect the saars right to roam freely, any concerted attempt to eliminate any player would likely result in retalliation from myself and I imagine others. A disruption in the balance of the board like that is bad for everyone.

#451 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 20 July 2019 - 07:55 PM

View Posttwelve, on 20 July 2019 - 07:22 PM, said:

Gnaw, I have 2 paths to gain points, Rex or through you. If not paid to choose the Rex option, I'm choosing the tech specialty planets option. How much are you going to pay me to do the Rex Option?

I'm not paying you to win points.
And I've assumed from the start that you were after revenge.

And, to quote Robert Heinlein, “the person who won’t be blackmailed can’t be blackmailed.”

This post has been edited by Gnaw: 20 July 2019 - 07:58 PM

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#452 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 20 July 2019 - 07:56 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 20 July 2019 - 07:19 PM, said:

IH, that Spy card you have? Play it elsewhere or I'll be forced to sabotage it.

Out of neighbourliness and because you seem to have a vagrancy issue in your backyard, I'll play it elsewhere if you make me speaker. I'll leave you the strategy of your choice of course. I figure a sabotage card in hand is worth it. Fair?

More than fair.

#453 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 July 2019 - 07:58 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 20 July 2019 - 07:30 PM, said:

For what it's worth twelve whilst i respect the saars right to roam freely, any concerted attempt to eliminate any player would likely result in retalliation from myself and I imagine others. A disruption in the balance of the board like that is bad for everyone.

Who said anything about elimination. It would likely end Gnaws game and might as well be an elimination. But that is why I'm giving him an out.

And from my personal experience you would do nothing about any concerted effort to eliminate another player even when offered a sfft.

#454 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 20 July 2019 - 08:03 PM

You might as well have said, "do it, do it, do it! I double dare you!"

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Gnaw: 20 July 2019 - 08:03 PM

#455 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 July 2019 - 08:04 PM

If i was out for revenge I wouldn't be trying to extort you. Frankly every time I try to have a civil relationship with you I end up worse off than before. You don't treat me fair and I can't trust you. Hell even your recent offer to give me a free refresh was just a veiled way for you to research the tech to fuck me out of points.

#456 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 20 July 2019 - 08:04 PM

Twelve, pick a strategy card and get on with it.

#457 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 20 July 2019 - 08:06 PM

View Posttwelve, on 20 July 2019 - 08:04 PM, said:

If i was out for revenge I wouldn't be trying to extort you. Frankly every time I try to have a civil relationship with you I end up worse off than before. You don't treat me fair and I can't trust you. Hell even your recent offer to give me a free refresh was just a veiled way for you to research the tech to fuck me out of points.

Huh? How did I attempt to fuck you out of points? I saw an opportunity to try for a PO that you weren’t after that round. If anyone should be annoyed it would be Khell.

#458 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 20 July 2019 - 08:15 PM

Warfare instead of Imperial? Guess we know which way you’re going... Surprise, surprise, surprise.

#459 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 July 2019 - 08:23 PM

View Posttwelve, on 20 July 2019 - 07:58 PM, said:

Who said anything about elimination. It would likely end Gnaws game and might as well be an elimination. But that is why I'm giving him an out.

And from my personal experience you would do nothing about any concerted effort to eliminate another player even when offered a sfft.

I had a non aggression deal made with gnaw before he embarked on his campaign of elimination. I gave you support via trades and votes. I gave tatts and non support in the same manner.

I don't think any attempts at elimination have ended well for the parties involved.

#460 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 July 2019 - 08:26 PM

View PostGnaw, on 20 July 2019 - 08:06 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 20 July 2019 - 08:04 PM, said:

Huh? How did I attempt to fuck you out of points? I saw an opportunity to try for a PO that you weren’t after that round. If anyone should be annoyed it would be Khell.

You did stop him getting the threaten the council VP

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users