• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Avengers: Endgame (spoiler topic)

#81 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 May 2019 - 08:44 AM

View PostD, on 06 May 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

Unless Mysterio is pulling everyone's leg about the multi-verse, too. He would, wouldn't he? :p

That's what I was thinking too. It would be very typical. Those big sand/water monsters he is fighting in the trailer are probably created by himself as well to make him look a hero. I mean, come on, it's Mysterio.

Then again, the multiverse is Marvel cannon, so probably a bit of both...
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#82 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 10 May 2019 - 08:57 AM

Oh Mysterio is definitely lying about being the good guy and those monsters are his, but there's basically no chance the Multiverse is a bluff. Not because Mysterio wouldn't but because it would be a huge marketing misjudgement by Marvel. Even if it did turn out that Mysterio himself had made it up it'd turn out by the end of the film to exist anyway. There's just no way they start the hype for the idea- especially in a trailer- and then pull the rug.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#83 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 10 May 2019 - 10:03 AM

View PostJPK, on 10 May 2019 - 04:00 AM, said:

So I have one huge question from the film due to time travel shenanigans. Loki escaped with the Tesseract, do you think this is why it was in his possession when he died in IW, or is this a huge timey-wimey knot left unchecked?

Basically I think the time travel conversation between hulk and the ancient one is either nonsense or misleading. They definitely created branched time lines. Its the only possibility. They took the stones back, so the branched time lines wont be overrun by dormamu etc but they are still branched timelines.

Loki in one timeline has escaped death etc

The fact that the writers and directors seem to have interpreted the script differently may explain why its nearly impossible to make a coherent answer

#84 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 10 May 2019 - 10:05 AM

I'm calling it now. The multiverse is real but the Nick Fury telling Spider-Man to work with Mysterio is a fake. Mysterio is manipulating Spider-Man to help him do his dirty work.

#85 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 10 May 2019 - 01:09 PM

View PostCause, on 10 May 2019 - 10:05 AM, said:

I'm calling it now. The multiverse is real but the Nick Fury telling Spider-Man to work with Mysterio is a fake. Mysterio is manipulating Spider-Man to help him do his dirty work.

I think the multiverse is real, but I think Beck (Mysterio) only FOUND out about it and isn't actually from another earth...because in the clip of that scene from FAR FROM HOME, he called our earth 616 and his 833 (where Cap Britain was Spider-man and he and other Cap Britains named all the multiverse earths)...while earlier in the MCU our earth was named 199999....and I don't think that such a flub is unintentional. I think Mysterio found a traveller from Earth 616, stole his gear and started saying he was from another universe. But I think he's from ours.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#86 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:40 PM

View PostCause, on 10 May 2019 - 10:03 AM, said:

View PostJPK, on 10 May 2019 - 04:00 AM, said:

So I have one huge question from the film due to time travel shenanigans. Loki escaped with the Tesseract, do you think this is why it was in his possession when he died in IW, or is this a huge timey-wimey knot left unchecked?

Basically I think the time travel conversation between hulk and the ancient one is either nonsense or misleading. They definitely created branched time lines. Its the only possibility. They took the stones back, so the branched time lines wont be overrun by dormamu etc but they are still branched timelines.

Loki in one timeline has escaped death etc

The fact that the writers and directors seem to have interpreted the script differently may explain why its nearly impossible to make a coherent answer

COMICS!
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#87 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 10 May 2019 - 08:17 PM

When 2012 Loki picked up the space stone and fucked off it remained in his timeline and not brought over; when Cap and Stark took the stone and Cap returned it back in the 70s and then it was always stolen by 2012 Loki, who kept it in his timeline and will probably keep it now 2014 Thanos is dead

(unless he teleported onto 2014 Thanos' ship and then off again pre-Marvel fisting, in which case he could totally show up somewhere in the main universe)
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#88 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 May 2019 - 08:02 PM

Finally saw Endgame. I thought the action scenes were serviceable, and everything else was pretty good.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#89 User is offline   RACHEL 

• Captain

Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:52 PM

All sorts of nope to the whole girl power scene. It made me cringe. Captain Marvel flew through and destroyed a huge spaceship but she suddenly needs help flying through a crowd of bad guys, not to mention that all the chicks managed to fuck off from the battle just to be on hand to "help". What the hell good is antenna chick in a fight? And Shuri may have gloves that shoot (energy?) but I do not think she has any fighting or battle skills. It was just so cheesy it did nothing besides annoy me. I hate to say it but the whole movie felt long and drawn out. I enjoyed it and I will see it again when it comes on tv but for some reason the humor all landed with me but the big epic scenes didn't click as much.

#90 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 13 May 2019 - 04:10 PM

View PostRACHEL, on 13 May 2019 - 03:52 PM, said:

All sorts of nope to the whole girl power scene. It made me cringe. Captain Marvel flew through and destroyed a huge spaceship but she suddenly needs help flying through a crowd of bad guys, not to mention that all the chicks managed to fuck off from the battle just to be on hand to "help". What the hell good is antenna chick in a fight? And Shuri may have gloves that shoot (energy?) but I do not think she has any fighting or battle skills. It was just so cheesy it did nothing besides annoy me. I hate to say it but the whole movie felt long and drawn out. I enjoyed it and I will see it again when it comes on tv but for some reason the humor all landed with me but the big epic scenes didn't click as much.

Based on comics and misc info here and there, Mantis is a martial artist and combat telepath... she did zap Thanos' brain in INFINITY...., and Shuri .... ummm.... have you seen BLACK PANTHER or INFINITY WAR, because she does all kinds of fighting... has a pile of Dora Milaje training because she's a member of the royal family and they're expected to kick butt in all things.

And yes, that bit in ENDGAME was cheesy and contrived and all hell... still loved it.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#91 User is offline   RACHEL 

• Captain

Posted 13 May 2019 - 05:10 PM

I guess I just forgot how useful those two would be in a fight. For me the scene just did not land on the cheesy but awesome side. Captain Marvel did not need their "help" as we were just shown by her destroying the spaceship. I usually have no problem getting drawn into movie moments no matter how cheesy so maybe I just wasn't in the right mood. I guess for me watching a bunch of women be ass kicking heroes doesn't surprise, or shock me or make me feel empowered. A bunch of heroes helping a hero who doesn't need any help is just plain dumb.

#92 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 May 2019 - 05:16 PM

View PostRACHEL, on 13 May 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:

I guess I just forgot how useful those two would be in a fight. For me the scene just did not land on the cheesy but awesome side. Captain Marvel did not need their "help" as we were just shown by her destroying the spaceship. I usually have no problem getting drawn into movie moments no matter how cheesy so maybe I just wasn't in the right mood. I guess for me watching a bunch of women be ass kicking heroes doesn't surprise, or shock me or make me feel empowered. A bunch of heroes helping a hero who doesn't need any help is just plain dumb.

Assuming that Captain Marvel doesn't need help against Thanos, an Eternal/Deviant of the Celestials...because she made short work of an (empty?) spaceship...is a bit weird to be honest. She stands against him, but barely holds on. Any help is not dumb, it's smart in fact to stack the odds against the guy who literally ended half the universe already once...and is about to do so again....I mean....
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#93 User is offline   RACHEL 

• Captain

Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:05 PM

Maybe I am blanking on how the scene played out. I thought Captain Marvel was just needing to fly the gauntlet over to the van by antman and wasp. I didn't realize Thanos was even between her and the van. Also considering she can just fly over everyone's heads I still don't know why she required help. To me if you can fly through the entirety of an empty spaceship it doesn't seem like the bodies of your enemies would be that difficult to fly through. I mean, really, you can fly through walls and space but the enemies in front of you are impossible to fly through so you need your lady squad? Add to that the fact that the entire ship was shooting rockets at her that didn't slow her or phase her in the slightest. I think mostly the whole girl power thing is what took me out of the moment and irked me. That scene just did not work for me and no explanation from anyone is going to change my personal taste. I don't feel like "arguing" over it or being told why my personal opinion is wrong. It didn't work for me, end of story. It felt forced. I even admitted I just might have been in the wrong mood when I saw it. I could watch it years from now and love that part. Instead of getting a fuck yeah feel from the moment it just felt lame. Its not like I'm trashing the whole movie I just didn't get the feels during one small part.

#94 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:42 PM

View PostRACHEL, on 13 May 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

Maybe I am blanking on how the scene played out. I thought Captain Marvel was just needing to fly the gauntlet over to the van by antman and wasp. I didn't realize Thanos was even between her and the van.

Thanos is between everybody and the van considering how strong he is, how focused on getting the gauntlet he is, and how many minions with superpowers he has to help him.

Also considering she can just fly over everyone's heads I still don't know why she required help. To me if you can fly through the entirety of an empty spaceship it doesn't seem like the bodies of your enemies would be that difficult to fly through. I mean, really, you can fly through walls and space but the enemies in front of you are impossible to fly through so you need your lady squad?

All the people arrayed against her under Thanos can also fly. And I mean, he does in fact get to her on before she gets to the van...and that's why Spider-man has to grab it and run...and even he doesn't make it. The situation is super dire from every angle.

I think mostly the whole girl power thing is what took me out of the moment and irked me. That scene just did not work for me and no explanation from anyone is going to change my personal taste.

That's fair, and your opinion. I'm just dealing with some of your mentioned in-film reasoning, and saying why it might not be as you said it was. What you felt or didn't feel for it as a scene is entirely up to you.

I don't feel like "arguing" over it or being told why my personal opinion is wrong.

I didn't think I was doing that, more that your reasoning from a story angle doesn't line up with what was presented on the screen. I'm certainly not saying you're wrong for your opinion on how it made you feel. I'm sorry if my reply made you feel that was the intention.

Its not like I'm trashing the whole movie I just didn't get the feels during one small part.

I didn't imply this?

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 13 May 2019 - 06:43 PM

#95 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:46 PM

In one of the interviews that the Russo's did, they admitted that they agonised over whether to include this scene or not... they knew it was pure wish fulfillment/fan service but didn't know if it was too contrived to include so I wouldn't over analyse, they knew how it would come across to some fans.

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#96 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:47 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 13 May 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

View PostRACHEL, on 13 May 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:

Assuming that Captain Marvel doesn't need help against Thanos, an Eternal/Deviant of the Celestials...because she made short work of an (empty?) spaceship...is a bit weird to be honest. She stands against him, but barely holds on. Any help is not dumb, it's smart in fact to stack the odds against the guy who literally ended half the universe already once...and is about to do so again....I mean....

She more than held her own. Thanos headbuts her and she smiled. She overpowered him and forced him down and back and prevented im from using the stones. Only her arrogance I guess prevented her from stopping thanos from reaching out for the power stone and knocking her away. However Thanos in endgame and infinty war dont even match in strength, nor does thor match himself in infinity war. This kind of stuff is what comic book nerd battles are made for. I vote for Dassem! The first sword could take thor, thanos and capt marvel all at once!

The female empowerment scene was absolute cheese. It was super fan servicey in a movie that was incredible fan servicey. It also broke me out of the movie which is my only complaint of it however. The scene makes it clear that its a movie, you can clearly see the hand of the director, and the producer and the executives in crafting it. They could have had the same scene with capt marvel, the dora milaj, wanda and valkyrie and had a small amount of plausibility and subtlety to it.

#97 User is offline   RACHEL 

• Captain

Posted 13 May 2019 - 09:04 PM

@Quick Tidal

Yeah I know you weren't trying to argue. Like Cause said, it was a scene that took me out of the movie and forced me to think too much about it being a movie and it ruined the scene for me because it caused me to overthink it. To me I can see no reason that Marvel needed help. I have not read the comics and I might not be remembering the movies right but here's what I think I know.

Thanos - super strong/ basically immune to attacks/ almost impossible to kill/ can't fly/ speed is about that of a fast human

VS

Captain Marvel - super speed/ ability to fly through space faster than the speed of light and survive/ can fly through missiles and spaceships without slowing or batting an eye

Marvel needs to get gauntlet from point A to point B, even if Thanos is in front of her she shouldn't need a squad to help her because she can use her speedy flying ability to go any direction but through Thanos. I don't think she can go toe to toe in a punching match with him, but being able to fly around him to deliver the gauntlet should pose a no help needed situation.

#98 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 May 2019 - 10:49 AM

Internet nerd fight!!!!

I saw it last night.
A bit long but a solid ending to the 10 year 20? Movie arc.

Show stealers acting wise nebula and Spidey, but a massive nod to RDJ and paltrow, I think she nailed the now you can rest line absolutely perfectly.

Regards the girl power scene, contrived and silly, absolutely,but fun. Totally unnecessary power wise, they run in, kick some ass and then Marv busts through the whole lot and gets smacked down when well past the spice girls. Their involvement combat wise was totally negligible in this one scene, actually break it down and watch it slowly, totally un needed in that sense.
But as a Hella fun scene, it works. And it will piss off the gamergate types to no end, so double win.

One nerd question. If cap goes back and gets his Peggy,does she still front SSI? Or has he fucked that timeline ?

Kidding, it's a comic book movie,who gives a fuck?

#99 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 May 2019 - 10:53 AM

Oh,not calling Rach a gamergate 😂

Her problems are the same as mine,logically their contribution is nothing, and it did break immersion for me when see super blasted past them all. But like I said, comic book movie,its giant purple aliens fighting jacked up 100 year-old super soldier and a man who can still breathe when shrunk smaller than an oxegen molecule or whatever

#100 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 19 May 2019 - 12:45 PM

View PostMacros, on 19 May 2019 - 10:49 AM, said:

But as a Hella fun scene, it works. And it will piss off the gamergate types to no end, so double win.

My first thought when seeing the scene was they put it in specificallly as a fuck you to all those raging nerds on the nets who think Capt Marvel exists to destroy the marvel universe. Then I remembered they shot this movie before they shot capt marvel.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users