#261 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 01 February 2019 - 10:46 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 01 February 2019 - 08:58 AM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 01 February 2019 - 08:51 AM, said:

View PostD, on 31 January 2019 - 07:19 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 31 January 2019 - 06:54 PM, said:

Sorry I was talking about the racial PN trade? Did we not finalise? Been busy so only been popping in, we should be neighbours next round right? Should have some more time tomorrow so will go through properly.

A 1:1 racial PN swap? Yeah, I'm up for that. I'm playing LEADERSHIP this turn, but we'll be neighbours on my next turn.

Ok sounds good.

You're trading away your racial pn, that protects D'rek permanently from your ability, in return for 1 free tech?

As d'rek says I don't loot her and so lose out on tg a turn throughout the game, but I gain a tech I wouldn't be able to get otherwise likely hypermetabolism which gives me an extra CT a turn for the rest of the game. I think it's worth it. Plus if she attacks me I can just start looting her again which gives me extra security. It's not dissimilar to my deal with you. I've given you immunity from looting for much less.

#262 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 01 February 2019 - 11:47 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 01 February 2019 - 10:46 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 01 February 2019 - 08:58 AM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 01 February 2019 - 08:51 AM, said:

Sorry I was talking about the racial PN trade? Did we not finalise? Been busy so only been popping in, we should be neighbours next round right? Should have some more time tomorrow so will go through properly.

A 1:1 racial PN swap? Yeah, I'm up for that. I'm playing LEADERSHIP this turn, but we'll be neighbours on my next turn.

Ok sounds good.

You're trading away your racial pn, that protects D'rek permanently from your ability, in return for 1 free tech?

As d'rek says I don't loot her and so lose out on tg a turn throughout the game, but I gain a tech I wouldn't be able to get otherwise likely hypermetabolism which gives me an extra CT a turn for the rest of the game. I think it's worth it. Plus if she attacks me I can just start looting her again which gives me extra security. It's not dissimilar to my deal with you. I've given you immunity from looting for much less.

One would think it'd be more than 1 tg a turn, but I guess I see that. Though I doubt D'rek would have any interest in attacking you at all. She wants to be left alone to tech in peace.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#263 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 01 February 2019 - 11:55 AM

Tapper's turn.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#264 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 01 February 2019 - 12:18 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 01 February 2019 - 11:55 AM, said:

Tapper's turn.

Am aware of that, but the baby is having (and thereby giving me) a tough day. Not much opportunity to sort out the trades in chat into a game post.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#265 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 01 February 2019 - 12:19 PM

View PostTapper, on 01 February 2019 - 12:18 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 01 February 2019 - 11:55 AM, said:

Tapper's turn.

Am aware of that, but the baby is having (and thereby giving me) a tough day. Not much opportunity to sort out the trades in chat into a game post.

Ah, it gets easier you know. You'll miss these tough days though, when she can fall asleep on your chest!

#266 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 01 February 2019 - 02:52 PM

View Posttwelve, on 31 January 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

This is me just realizing I brought too many ships and you might have issues with it.

As far as a tech specialty swap it's not looking like it would be worth the number of actions necessary to do it. Unless you can figure out an economically viable way for us to do ithis that is as I can't.

I don't think it is possible until after we both have gravity drive/carrier II and 2 transports available - that would allow us to move a carrier starting in Centauri/Gral to Arinaam/Meer and vice versa, collecting/dropping off infantry.
Even so, it would cost multiple CT and loss of control of planets for at the least 1 Status Phase. Like you, I personally am not sure I judge this worth the effort - not when we can for example exchange Support for the Throne and both get an easy point out of the exchange. Since I have no interest in anything your side of the fence, I am happy making such an exchange.

#267 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 February 2019 - 03:04 PM

I am surprised you played leadership, as now I'm in a situation where I could theoretically beat you to bereg lirta with 2 cruisers on my upcoming turn, which would slow down your expansion options considerably. Would you care to add an additional TG or two to this trade to fund mentak piracy elsewhere in consideration for not doing this?

I am a pirate now after all and my expenses are just awful. I know you space squid are happy with just knowledge but my guys and gals have a hankering for grog :)

#268 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 February 2019 - 03:17 PM

View PostTapper, on 01 February 2019 - 02:52 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 31 January 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

This is me just realizing I brought too many ships and you might have issues with it.

As far as a tech specialty swap it's not looking like it would be worth the number of actions necessary to do it. Unless you can figure out an economically viable way for us to do ithis that is as I can't.

I don't think it is possible until after we both have gravity drive/carrier II and 2 transports available - that would allow us to move a carrier starting in Centauri/Gral to Arinaam/Meer and vice versa, collecting/dropping off infantry.
Even so, it would cost multiple CT and loss of control of planets for at the least 1 Status Phase. Like you, I personally am not sure I judge this worth the effort - not when we can for example exchange Support for the Throne and both get an easy point out of the exchange. Since I have no interest in anything your side of the fence, I am happy making such an exchange.

I think the exchange of SFTT is an excellent compromise and likely close off on avenue of future conflict. I'll gladly accept this trade proposal..
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#269 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 February 2019 - 03:21 PM

Blend, A carrier 2 infantry and 2 fighters have a base cost of 5 . 3+1+1. With Sarween tools its reduced to 4. And you didn't state how you were paying for them. I'm assuming you will be spending trade goods for them but you are showing full trade goods in your post.

#270 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 February 2019 - 03:24 PM

Ah you did spend trade goods as you should have 7 as you used the Trade primary but it is still one more than you have listed.

#271 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 01 February 2019 - 03:24 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 01 February 2019 - 03:04 PM, said:

I am surprised you played leadership, as now I'm in a situation where I could theoretically beat you to bereg lirta with 2 cruisers on my upcoming turn, which would slow down your expansion options considerably. Would you care to add an additional TG or two to this trade to fund mentak piracy elsewhere in consideration for not doing this?

I am a pirate now after all and my expenses are just awful. I know you space squid are happy with just knowledge but my guys and gals have a hankering for grog :)

Indeed. I can easily build another dreadnought from logistics, and that plus my carrier plus my fighter is enough to beat your 2 cruisers, but I can't get them all there this round, so it would delay my taking BeregLirta until early next round. I pick SC before you so I'd make sure to go before you. Since your cruisers can't carry infantry you'd be spending a CT and losing those 2 cruisers just for the sake of delaying my taking BeregLirta, but not actually taking the planets for yourself. And in the meantime I'd go for Mehar Xull instead, possibly even try to blockade your space dock if there's a reasonable chance of doing so.

Your call. I won't take it personally.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#272 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 01 February 2019 - 03:26 PM

View Posttwelve, on 01 February 2019 - 03:21 PM, said:

Blend, A carrier 2 infantry and 2 fighters have a base cost of 5 . 3+1+1. With Sarween tools its reduced to 4. And you didn't state how you were paying for them. I'm assuming you will be spending trade goods for them but you are showing full trade goods in your post.

Yeah, you're right. Sorry, in my head a Carrier cost 2 resources, not 3. Will update my post, thanks for pointing it out!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#273 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 01 February 2019 - 03:26 PM

View PostD, on 01 February 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

Indeed. I can easily build another dreadnought from logistics, and that plus my carrier plus my fighter is enough to beat your 2 cruisers, but I can't get them all there this round, so it would delay my taking BeregLirta until early next round. I pick SC before you so I'd make sure to go before you. Since your cruisers can't carry infantry you'd be spending a CT and losing those 2 cruisers just for the sake of delaying my taking BeregLirta, but not actually taking the planets for yourself. And in the meantime I'd go for Mehar Xull instead, possibly even try to blockade your space dock if there's a reasonable chance of doing so.

I assume the threat is there because maybe he has an action card that can lay infantry down.

#274 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 01 February 2019 - 03:30 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 01 February 2019 - 03:26 PM, said:

I assume the threat is there because maybe he has an action card that can lay infantry down.

He doesn't have any action cards... so no.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#275 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 February 2019 - 04:18 PM

View PostD, on 01 February 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

I am a pirate now after all and my expenses are just awful. I know you space squid are happy with just knowledge but my guys and gals have a hankering for grog :(

Well you can't build a dread through logistics as you've already used logistics but you could use a CT to build one I guess, and yes alas this ol' space pirate realises those space squids are tricky customers.

Can't blame a pirate for trying to get some extra calimari :)

#276 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 01 February 2019 - 04:22 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 01 February 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

View PostD, on 01 February 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

I am a pirate now after all and my expenses are just awful. I know you space squid are happy with just knowledge but my guys and gals have a hankering for grog :(

Well you can't build a dread through logistics as you've already used logistics but you could use a CT to build one I guess, and yes alas this ol' space pirate realises those space squids are tricky customers.

Can't blame a pirate for trying to get some extra calimari :)

'course not, roleplaying as ones race is fun!

#277 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 February 2019 - 04:56 PM

Question. Is Tapper's use of the warfare secondary a legal move? I didn't think it could be used to move to an unoccupied/unclaimed planetary system.

#278 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 01 February 2019 - 05:10 PM

View Posttwelve, on 01 February 2019 - 04:56 PM, said:

Question. Is Tapper's use of the warfare secondary a legal move? I didn't think it could be used to move to an unoccupied/unclaimed planetary system.

The card says "that are empty or which you control" so as long as the systems are empty it's fine.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#279 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 01 February 2019 - 05:15 PM

Empty was supposed to mean no planets and no units though... maybe now is a good time for Khell to tighten up/replace that secondary, it's been an issue a couple times now

The 3rd edition SE card for reference: https://sites.google...e-strategy-card

#280 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 01 February 2019 - 05:28 PM

View PostD, on 01 February 2019 - 05:15 PM, said:

Empty was supposed to mean no planets and no units though... maybe now is a good time for Khell to tighten up/replace that secondary, it's been an issue a couple times now

The 3rd edition SE card for reference: https://sites.google...e-strategy-card

I read it only as 'empty of ships', so I am happy to undo it if this was not its intended use. If possible, I would like to cancel that Secondary and get the CT back.

This post has been edited by Tapper: 01 February 2019 - 06:00 PM

Share this topic:

• 242 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users