• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium (Game 3) - Chat Thread

#221 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 31 January 2019 - 05:27 PM

View PostMacros, on 31 January 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

Blend As for your Racial PN: we also wish to limit the War Sun technology. We are thinking the same exchange as the kitty kats. We would consider trading our racial for yours with the understanding that we would hold it until you request it back.

You guys are such copy-tamagochis...
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#222 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 January 2019 - 05:35 PM

View PostGnaw, on 31 January 2019 - 05:23 PM, said:

Morgoth, we’re moving our cruiser to Mellon. Trade 3:3?

So post this move already
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#223 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 31 January 2019 - 05:36 PM

View PostGnaw, on 31 January 2019 - 05:14 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 31 January 2019 - 03:47 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 31 January 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 31 January 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

View PostMacros, on 31 January 2019 - 03:34 PM, said:

any thoughts on our proposal blendo?

I am seriously considering it just to get your PN, but I'm probably going to hold on to my racial for now. I'd like to enjoy a couple rounds of military superiority while it still lasts!

Once they get it they won't likely need anything else from you all game. The Nekro with war sun tech round 1 or 2. That would be suicide.

Sure, but it would prevent them from ever getting War Sun II, which means I'd still have the more mobile War Suns... Plus if I ally myself with the Nekro, then they'd be the rest of your problem, not mine, really. My slice has probably the worst planets in the galaxy, I don't see why anyone would want to even vacation here unless they wanted to make a move on my Home System.

We don’t want war suns to proliferate. We will not use the PN without your permission or until another race besides yourself has the technology. Reducing our assimilation options by one player seems like a cheap price to pay to keep that particular technology limited to natural research rate.

Suuuuuuuuuuuure

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#224 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 31 January 2019 - 05:36 PM

View PostTapper, on 31 January 2019 - 05:27 PM, said:

View PostMacros, on 31 January 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

Blend As for your Racial PN: we also wish to limit the War Sun technology. We are thinking the same exchange as the kitty kats. We would consider trading our racial for yours with the understanding that we would hold it until you request it back.

You guys are such copy-tamagochis...

That PN trade was a part of my consideration on race choice. I figured the Nekro and Hacan PNs would be the best trade opportunities. Had I had better choice of starting spot I might have been the space kitties and you something else.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#225 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 31 January 2019 - 05:39 PM

View Posttwelve, on 31 January 2019 - 05:35 PM, said:

Morgoth, we're moving our cruiser to Mellon. Trade 3:3?

So post this move already

I'd like to have confirmation of the trade. I'm using warfare to move the cruiser. A swap of commodities affects my tactical Action.

Edit: oh well. Morgoth or Tapper, we are up for a swap of commodities or tgs for our commodities.

This post has been edited by Gnaw: 31 January 2019 - 05:54 PM

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#226 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 31 January 2019 - 05:54 PM

View PostTapper, on 31 January 2019 - 05:25 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 31 January 2019 - 03:03 PM, said:

IH and or Tapper, will you be up for trading?

For you, always almost always.

Yes I'll be up for trading

#227 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:08 PM

D'rek/morgoth we doing our agreed upon trades this round.

#228 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:26 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 31 January 2019 - 05:25 PM, said:

View PostItwæs Nom, on 31 January 2019 - 04:49 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 31 January 2019 - 04:28 PM, said:

Tapper/Nom - I completely forgot to add my trades in my post, can you please ensure to do our trades on your turns? Just want to make sure I've flipped all my commodities to TGs before it comes back around to me in case I decide I want to use Leadership secondary and the primary gets played next round.

Well that's why I asked about the trade

Shouldn't that still be an illegal move since the transaction will only take place after the leadership is played cause our turns are after D'rek's?

Yes, Tapper/Nom can't trade until they've actually refreshed commodities on their turn.

Oh yeah... duh!! Sorry, doing this in between budget meetings, so only half paying attention!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#229 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:28 PM

View PostD, on 31 January 2019 - 05:36 PM, said:

I am seriously considering it just to get your PN, but I'm probably going to hold on to my racial for now. I'd like to enjoy a couple rounds of military superiority while it still lasts!

Once they get it they won't likely need anything else from you all game. The Nekro with war sun tech round 1 or 2. That would be suicide.

Sure, but it would prevent them from ever getting War Sun II, which means I'd still have the more mobile War Suns... Plus if I ally myself with the Nekro, then they'd be the rest of your problem, not mine, really. My slice has probably the worst planets in the galaxy, I don't see why anyone would want to even vacation here unless they wanted to make a move on my Home System.

We don't want war suns to proliferate. We will not use the PN without your permission or until another race besides yourself has the technology. Reducing our assimilation options by one player seems like a cheap price to pay to keep that particular technology limited to natural research rate.

Suuuuuuuuuuuure

I’ve come to the conclusion that you think everyone else is thinking like you and intends to act like you. This is not usually true.

#230 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:29 PM

We don’t want war suns to proliferate. We will not use the PN without your permission or until another race besides yourself has the technology. Reducing our assimilation options by one player seems like a cheap price to pay to keep that particular technology limited to natural research rate.

I am not going to lie, the idea of a Nekro/Muaat alliance sounds tasty to me - we could rule the galaxy and put down all these other piddly races. But I still think I'm going to hold on to it for another round or two. Given you wouldn't use it until I said it was okay, that shouldn't be a problem, right? And a couple of rounds should give us good anecdotal evidence whether or not we should trust each other on a more long-term basis. Trust me, though, you're still very much near or at the top of my list at the moment.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#231 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:36 PM

Macaw:

View PostGnaw, on 31 January 2019 - 05:52 PM, said:

Move cruiser to Mellon

I think you meant Wellon. Mellon is currently diplomacied, and out of reach.

#232 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:42 PM

View PostBlend, on 31 January 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

Macaw:

View PostGnaw, on 31 January 2019 - 05:52 PM, said:

Move cruiser to Mellon

I think you meant Wellon. Mellon is currently diplomacied, and out of reach.

Danke

#233 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:43 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 31 January 2019 - 06:08 PM, said:

You never agreed to either of my trade proposals, so no? You were online twice since the last proposition and didn't respond to it, and at the same time you arranged with Morgoth to exchange all your commodities (amongst other things) so it sure looked to me like you weren't interested in a trade, hence I've setup other trades of all my commodities for this round during that time.

If it's not commodities you are after, than what you are proposing?

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#234 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:44 PM

View PostGnaw, on 31 January 2019 - 06:28 PM, said:

View PostD, on 31 January 2019 - 05:36 PM, said:

We don't want war suns to proliferate. We will not use the PN without your permission or until another race besides yourself has the technology. Reducing our assimilation options by one player seems like a cheap price to pay to keep that particular technology limited to natural research rate.

Suuuuuuuuuuuure

I’ve come to the conclusion that you think everyone else is thinking like you and intends to act like you. This is not usually true.

Or I just like teasing you?

#235 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:54 PM

Sorry I was talking about the racial PN trade? Did we not finalise? Been busy so only been popping in, we should be neighbours next round right? Should have some more time tomorrow so will go through properly.

#236 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:58 PM

Morgoth, we’re moving our cruiser to Mellon. Trade 3:3?

Yeah, I’m up for that
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#237 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:01 PM

Aye. I’ can trade 1 commodity with you and 1 with gnaw. And i’ll make the pn deal when it’s my turn

#238 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:05 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 31 January 2019 - 07:01 PM, said:

Aye. I’ can trade 1 commodity with you and 1 with gnaw. And i’ll make the pn deal when it’s my turn

It is your turn :)

#239 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:06 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 31 January 2019 - 07:05 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 31 January 2019 - 07:01 PM, said:

It is your turn :)

No, I’m pretty sure it’s D’rek.

#240 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:18 PM

Can we all make sure to confirm in your posts that you are refreshing commodities - it's not enough for Blend to say that he 'offers' free refreshes to such and such persons - acknowledge in your posts that your are refreshing for free, please (e.g. IH, Morgoth).

This post has been edited by Galactic Council: 31 January 2019 - 07:18 PM

Share this topic:

• 242 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users