• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium (III) - Signup Thread

#221 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 January 2019 - 01:06 PM

I was seriously considering Yin, but since we seem to have an early frontrunner in the Universities and a potential Nekro bloat, someone needs to be the Arsenal of Democracy provide the funds to the resistance*

* = at a fairly modest fee.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#222 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 28 January 2019 - 01:10 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 28 January 2019 - 11:59 AM, said:

View PostItwæs Nom, on 28 January 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

Arborec

oh man, I'm seeing self replicating nekro fleets with super war suns in the future. Posted Image

.. though I am glad to see someone else try out the Arborec! They're pretty neat.

Oh god. I wanted to try necro just because the sheer amount of faction technologies available makes some really cool combos available.

Everyone will have to be careful what they research, thankfully necro can't copy leitani or improved warsuns until the improved versions are researched. The necro flagship, leitani warrior super swarm is more scary to me!

#223 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 28 January 2019 - 01:25 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 28 January 2019 - 01:10 PM, said:

Arborec

oh man, I'm seeing self replicating nekro fleets with super war suns in the future. Posted Image

.. though I am glad to see someone else try out the Arborec! They're pretty neat.

Oh god. I wanted to try necro just because the sheer amount of faction technologies available makes some really cool combos available.

Everyone will have to be careful what they research, thankfully necro can't copy leitani or improved warsuns until the improved versions are researched. The necro flagship, leitani warrior super swarm is more scary to me!

Yeah, but the Arborec especially want the warrior upgrade as soon as they can. Or, at least that was my impression.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#224 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 28 January 2019 - 01:50 PM

All your Bases are belong to us

#225 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 28 January 2019 - 01:54 PM

Well done all, an interesting selection (though I was sad to see no one went for Yin, I want to see them in action).

And some, erm, very interesting poems, all going along different styles and themes. This will be tough to judge (***searches for poetry assessing app***)

I am about to depart for the airport, so I will let you know starting order tonight (still some time to submit beautiful stanzas if you haven’t already!). Tomorrow I will prepare the threads and we may even get started!

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 28 January 2019 - 01:55 PM

"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#226 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 28 January 2019 - 02:27 PM

Kinda surprised you still went with Letnev, Morghy. Nekro on your left makes researching Non-Euclidean Shielding a veeeery risky proposal, and Mentak on your right preventing you from stockpiling trade goods for Munitions Reserve (and I doubt you'll be able to negotiate for a reprieve from this... Munitions Reserve is so powerful there's no way IH would want to let you stockpile it while you two are sharing a border). Basically leaves you with just your Armada bonus... so why not have gone Sardakk or L1z1x or another race?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#227 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 28 January 2019 - 02:28 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 28 January 2019 - 08:22 AM, said:

At any rate, Letvenev for me.

Do you want your space dock on Arc Prime (4/0) or Wren Terra (2/1)?
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#228 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 28 January 2019 - 02:31 PM

View PostTapper, on 28 January 2019 - 12:59 PM, said:

Hacan for me.

In ages bygone we roved as a pride
Over the desert sand we chased
prey strong and great
yet all fell in the fight

we walked the sands tall and upright
mines we dug and we delved
to the skies we raised ourselves
a new addition to our majesty and might

From star to star we roam
exchanging riches where ever we land
Known across the vast unknown
We scout, we fight, we make our stand
until all our adversaries are gone
their planets reduced to life-giving sand

Do you want your Space Dock on Arretze (2/0), Kamdoorn (0/1) or Hercant (1/1)?
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#229 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 28 January 2019 - 02:32 PM

View PostBlend, on 28 January 2019 - 02:31 PM, said:

View PostTapper, on 28 January 2019 - 12:59 PM, said:

Hacan for me.

In ages bygone we roved as a pride
Over the desert sand we chased
prey strong and great
yet all fell in the fight

we walked the sands tall and upright
mines we dug and we delved
to the skies we raised ourselves
a new addition to our majesty and might

From star to star we roam
exchanging riches where ever we land
Known across the vast unknown
We scout, we fight, we make our stand
until all our adversaries are gone
their planets reduced to life-giving sand

Do you want your Space Dock on Arretze (2/0), Kamdoorn (0/1) or Hercant (1/1)?

Arretze, please.

#230 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 28 January 2019 - 02:36 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 28 January 2019 - 01:25 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 28 January 2019 - 01:10 PM, said:

Arborec

Yeah, but the Arborec especially want the warrior upgrade as soon as they can. Or, at least that was my impression.

If Arborec plan out their builds and manage their resources very efficiently, they can get by pretty okay with just building things up in smaller groupings, action-by-action, rather than needing Letani II to be able to build a huge fleet all at once. They can always place a space dock to bolster their production, too. With Nekro nearby, I'd say it's not worth the risk of giving the virus Letani II, especially since Nom has a pretty straight line of travel - easy to build a bit on each hop.

Same would go for Saar floating factories if they were in the game. You really don't want Nekro to be able to "build on the march". And with the whole "pick a tech+player and steal a tech from them" thing they do now in the agenda phase, you can't even really avoid them copying your tech just by not having a border.

Sol Special Forces II would also be pretty scary for Nekro to acquire, given their flagship. Tatts, I shall endeavour not to ever make you feel like you need them.

Sol Advanced Carriers, not as big of a deal... unless Nekro also acquires Non-Euclidean from Letnev.

Muaat Prototype War Sun II in Nekro hands would obviously be terrifying, but personally I've never really seen a good reason for Muaat to get it. The cost reduction for war suns is small and if you're rebuilding war suns that much you've already lost, so all it really gives is the movement bonus. But if I'm Muaat I'd rather be getting green/blue techs and fighter/destroyer upgrades than going deep into red just for the sake of extra war sun movement and not much else.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#231 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 28 January 2019 - 02:37 PM

I'm taking Sarween Tools for my starting tech.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#232 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 28 January 2019 - 02:51 PM

View PostD, on 28 January 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:

Duranium? I mean, using Sustain Damage does open up the WS to Direct Hit, but in order to not leave it walking wounded after a fight, it might be worth it?

As for Morgoth: with Ammunition Reserves, Sustain Damage and Non-Euclidian a fleet of only dreads and flagship can absorb so much punishment he might not lose a ship...

#233 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:02 PM

View PostTapper, on 28 January 2019 - 02:51 PM, said:

Duranium? I mean, using Sustain Damage does open up the WS to Direct Hit, but in order to not leave it walking wounded after a fight, it might be worth it?

As for Morgoth: with Ammunition Reserves, Sustain Damage and Non-Euclidian a fleet of only dreads and flagship can absorb so much punishment he might not lose a ship...

If he can snowball to that, yes. But as soon as he researches Non-Euclidean, Nekro will probably be all over it, before he has the chance to amass a huge consolidated fleet. Or Nekro dodges around the one giant fleet and raids a planet with 1 infantry. Or there's always the Agenda Phase...

#234 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:17 PM

Alright, here's our game map!

Spoiler

Morgoth, I put your Space Dock on Arc Prime. Tapper, I put 2 infantry on Arretze and 1 each on the other two planets. If yall want that changed, please let Khell know! Now that I've got him set up, I'm gonna let him take care of updates for the most part! :)

#235 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:18 PM

View PostD, on 28 January 2019 - 03:02 PM, said:

View PostTapper, on 28 January 2019 - 02:51 PM, said:

If he can snowball to that, yes. But as soon as he researches Non-Euclidean, Nekro will probably be all over it, before he has the chance to amass a huge consolidated fleet. Or Nekro dodges around the one giant fleet and raids a planet with 1 infantry. Or there's always the Agenda Phase...

Yeah, the agenda phase is a good point. OK, this will be interesting.

#236 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:20 PM

View PostD, on 28 January 2019 - 02:27 PM, said:

Kinda surprised you still went with Letnev, Morghy. Nekro on your left makes researching Non-Euclidean Shielding a veeeery risky proposal, and Mentak on your right preventing you from stockpiling trade goods for Munitions Reserve (and I doubt you'll be able to negotiate for a reprieve from this... Munitions Reserve is so powerful there's no way IH would want to let you stockpile it while you two are sharing a border). Basically leaves you with just your Armada bonus... so why not have gone Sardakk or L1z1x or another race?

I trust IH's willingness to find mutually beneficiall solutions, and besides, I wanted to try the Letnev. I've never seen them in a game before.

#237 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:20 PM

View PostBlend, on 28 January 2019 - 02:28 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 28 January 2019 - 08:22 AM, said:

At any rate, Letvenev for me.

Do you want your space dock on Arc Prime (4/0) or Wren Terra (2/1)?

Arc Prime thank you

#238 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:23 PM

Player banners:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#239 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:27 PM

IH, I am willing to agree to a settlement where Thibah is as far east as I go in that area. I would think an exchange of Support for the Throne, and a promise that you will not take trade goods for me while the support lasts would be fair. In return you get to expand towards the center unimpeded by the massive production I will have available to me.

#240 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:28 PM

the arborec being teal rather than green is an outrage eclipsed only by the royal purple being awarded to someone other than Letnev.

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users