• You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium (III) - Signup Thread

#281 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:45 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 29 January 2019 - 08:29 AM, said:

Damn last pick and too slow in submitting my poem, but since this was what I had probably wouldn't have made a difference.

Mentak we! Pirates be!
A confederacy most mercenary!
We Aarrggh no good at poetry!

FTFY.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#282 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:49 AM

See I knew it was missing something

#283 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:52 AM

Ok, since it's unlikely that D'rek will take Technology, we will. In the unlikely event she takes it, we'll take Leadership.
Edit; let me rephrase - we’ll take Technology if available otherwise Leadership.

This post has been edited by Gnaw: 29 January 2019 - 09:09 AM

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#284 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 29 January 2019 - 12:22 PM

View PostGnaw, on 29 January 2019 - 08:52 AM, said:

Ok, since it's unlikely that D'rek will take Technology, we will. In the unlikely event she takes it, we'll take Leadership.
Edit; let me rephrase - we’ll take Technology if available otherwise Leadership.

The only reason why she might take Tech is to be able to time her research of Gravity Drive: that's one of the ways in which she can reach Bereg/Lirta this round (before IH can research Cruiser II) and use its numbers next round.
However, there are other ways, even this early in the game.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#285 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:35 PM

View PostGnaw, on 29 January 2019 - 08:52 AM, said:

I will leave you Technology. I will take Leadership.

As Tapper says, I was highly, highly considering taking Tech simply for the sake of ensuring I can get my tech early enough to use it (with only 2 infantry and no Action racial abilities it's hard to stall around waiting for strategy cards). But I will give it to you and hope that you use it early instead (and even without that I would think you'd want to play it early anyways to force other players to overspend on tech before they have trade goods to even out the cost).

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#286 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:40 PM

Come to think of it, if you play the Tech strategy as your very first turn (and Trade isn't played turn 1) it prevents Winnu from getting Gravity Drive, thereby stopping them from getting to MR in round 1 with Logistics... (sorry Twelve!)

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#287 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:44 PM

Given Gnaw picks up Technology, I will happily take Construction.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#288 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:50 PM

View PostD, on 29 January 2019 - 02:40 PM, said:

Come to think of it, if you play the Tech strategy as your very first turn (and Trade isn't played turn 1) it prevents Winnu from getting Gravity Drive, thereby stopping them from getting to MR in round 1 with Logistics... (sorry Twelve!)

Well I was debating on grabbing all the nearby planets versus making a run for Rex. Though not sure how I can get gravity drive round 1 without first that blue tech planet. I couldn't get to Rex this round anyway as I had to pick my starting tech before I knew I was even speaker.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#289 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:53 PM

View Posttwelve, on 29 January 2019 - 02:50 PM, said:

View PostD, on 29 January 2019 - 02:40 PM, said:

Well I was debating on grabbing all the nearby planets versus making a run for Rex. Though not sure how I can get gravity drive round 1 without first that blue tech planet. I couldn't get to Rex this round anyway as I had to pick my starting tech before I knew I was even speaker.

Ohhhhh what did you pick for start tech? Nvm I found it 2 pages back, Sarween Tools. Okay, yeah, so the only chance of MR in round 1 would be to get Centauri-Gral, then Diplomacy 2ry, then Tech 2ry for Gravity Drive, and then get a Flank Speed AC from Politics 2ry... pretty darn unlikely. Probably for the best anyway, since we'd have almost certainly stopped you. Winnu getting MR in round 1 is toos trong.

This post has been edited by D'rek: 29 January 2019 - 02:56 PM

#290 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:59 PM

Nom's pick now, then Morgoth, then IH. With Diplo, Warfare, and Imperial remaining.

#291 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 29 January 2019 - 03:39 PM

Diplomacy
All things fall from kings to rose petals

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic