• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium (II) - Chatty Thread

#4921 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 November 2018 - 12:34 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 07 November 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

Also Tapper, you complained about your starting position, but I think you've been more than compensated in the hand of secret objectives and action cards you've been dealt :p

I did have some luck (much more than last game), but I the wormhole SO was a pain in the ass to complete. It was a big reason for going down the Light/Wave Emitter research route, and it did require two action cards to pull off (to get there, and back).
Overall though I agree I cannot complain about my draws (although I spent quite some time building an 'ideal' hand of action cards).
I think what helped is to change my approach to playing them. Instead of looking at Action Cards as a booster to a strategy I want to execute, I've instead tried to build a 'plan for the round' around groups of them, preferably with a little overkill included. That makes me appreciate non-space battle cards much more, as well.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#4922 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:31 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 07 November 2018 - 09:59 AM, said:

View PostD, on 07 November 2018 - 02:34 AM, said:

And interestingly, that leaves both IH and Twelve with the ability to take 4 dreads to MR for bombardment and claim it themselves, but whoever goes first makes it easier for the 2nd to follow...

And you can't bring any dreads at all in for bombardment purposes after either of us :p

If I do, I lose VP from losing SftT. If neither of you goes in, I still lose one from Tapper's infantry being there. No way am I risking losing a VP this late in the game - it's not like if I did take MR I'd have any chance of getting the IMPERIAL strategy to get a VP out of it anyway. MR is all yours if you want it.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#4923 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:59 PM

Oh Morgoth, dearest Morgoth. May the suns of many systems feed your roots.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#4924 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 07 November 2018 - 04:24 PM

Gnaw - you're not getting your AC until it's Tatts' turn. You can trade an AC to Tatts and he can trade an AC to you in return during your turn, but he can't swap ACs with Morgoth until it's either of their turns. Other people can't trade on your turn.

#4925 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 07 November 2018 - 04:28 PM

🖕🏻

Figured that. Hence why I’m still contemplating my move. That card definitely changes my thoughts from last night though.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#4926 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 November 2018 - 05:18 PM

So whoever has the blow up a space dock action card; If you are willing to use it on Daemon I'm willing to pay for it. I've got 5 trade goods worth of trade agreement pns for that service.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#4927 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 November 2018 - 05:20 PM

It has to be used as your very next action though.

#4928 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 07 November 2018 - 05:43 PM

Just an FYI;
I'm ordering my Loncara guns to not shoot at anyone who moves into arinam/meer. With one exception.

Edit: and, in case it’s escaped notice, Twelve is now limited to the ships on hand. He can’t build anymore except using integrated economy.

This post has been edited by Gnaw: 07 November 2018 - 05:47 PM

#4929 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 07 November 2018 - 06:00 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 07 November 2018 - 11:16 AM, said:

I almost fatally held off playing my own action cards I see.

2, 2, 1, 1 on the anti-fighter barrage for my flagship is the real kicker when I just needed 5 or above - that's what I really needed to go right.

Had your decision not to use your action cards proved to make your invasion unsuccessful for some reason, I would definitely have checked in with you before totally resolving.

And yeah, bad luck on your flagship's Anti-Fighter barrage. When I noticed that it had that ability, I was excited. But quickly disappointed when I rolled it.

#4930 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 November 2018 - 06:25 PM

View PostGnaw, on 07 November 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

Just an FYI;
I'm ordering my Loncara guns to not shoot at anyone who moves into arinam/meer. With one exception.

Edit: and, in case it’s escaped notice, Twelve is now limited to the ships on hand. He can’t build anymore except using integrated economy.

Like it's going to be hard to clear Winnu of your ships if I bother to do so. I'm half expecting Tatts to come in and try for my home world as it stands now that he has his home world's back. That is another reason I'm parking my ships where they are for as long as possible.

#4931 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 07 November 2018 - 06:30 PM

Just an FYI;

Which is probably exactly why he researched Integrated Economy. And really, he doesn't need to build more than IE would grant.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#4932 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 07 November 2018 - 06:38 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 07 November 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 07 November 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

That was probably my one chance to achieve my SO and the rolls failed me badly. For anyone interested, as should be obvious from the fact that I didn't invade, I have no interest in trying to retake MR, and will move out next round. No need to try and push me out. The one good thing about not using my action cards when I should have is that at least I still have them available should any vultures come circling.

If I felt vindictive I could also move into Mec Rex just to destroy your ships, but I don't plan on doing that.

True, I forgot you had WARFARE.

It could be worth doing, for you, actually. Not because of being vindictive, but because of hoping to get points out of it. Especially if you researched your other racial tech.

#4933 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 07 November 2018 - 06:38 PM

View PostD, on 07 November 2018 - 06:30 PM, said:

Just an FYI;

Edit: and, in case it's escaped notice, Twelve is now limited to the ships on hand. He can't build anymore except using integrated economy.

Which is probably exactly why he researched Integrated Economy. And really, he doesn't need to build more than IE would grant.

Exactlywhy I think someone else taking arina/Meer would be amusing.

#4934 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:11 PM

View Posttwelve, on 07 November 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

Just an FYI;

Like it's going to be hard to clear Winnu of your ships if I bother to do so. I'm half expecting Tatts to come in and try for my home world as it stands now that he has his home world's back. That is another reason I'm parking my ships where they are for as long as possible.

I would lose a VP so that's not going to happen.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#4935 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:15 PM

View PostD, on 07 November 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

That was probably my one chance to achieve my SO and the rolls failed me badly. For anyone interested, as should be obvious from the fact that I didn't invade, I have no interest in trying to retake MR, and will move out next round. No need to try and push me out. The one good thing about not using my action cards when I should have is that at least I still have them available should any vultures come circling.

If I felt vindictive I could also move into Mec Rex just to destroy your ships, but I don't plan on doing that.

It could be worth doing, for you, actually. Not because of being vindictive, but because of hoping to get points out of it. Especially if you researched your other racial tech.

I've thought about VP the next couple of rounds, I could get up to 2 this round which pops me on 8 points. Next round I can score minimum of 1 I think but that still puts me a long way from 14.

I could kill Khells ships but so can Nom or IH and my fleet would not be significant enough to hold it.

#4936 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:34 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 07 November 2018 - 08:15 PM, said:

View PostD, on 07 November 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

I've thought about VP the next couple of rounds, I could get up to 2 this round which pops me on 8 points. Next round I can score minimum of 1 I think but that still puts me a long way from 14.

I could kill Khells ships but so can Nom or IH and my fleet would not be significant enough to hold it.

You've got a huge leg up over them in fleet supply, and the combat bonus from warfare is significant. Though that might only mean holding it for 1 round. I dunno, it could go any which way. Neither of them even seems to want it.

#4937 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:39 PM

Gnaw, may your lizards bask a thousand years in the sun. Diplo played now means no-one who takes MR from me can use its 6 influence for Leadership this round, hopefully lessening its siren's song to a murmur.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#4938 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:50 PM

It's your turn Tapper, what are your thoughts on giving me speaker and me letting your choice fall to you?

#4939 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:15 PM

I also was good with this too.

#4940 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:26 PM

View Posttwelve, on 07 November 2018 - 05:18 PM, said:

So whoever has the blow up a space dock action card; If you are willing to use it on Daemon I'm willing to pay for it. I've got 5 trade goods worth of trade agreement pns for that service.

Morghy's PN is probably not really worth that much in the current situation
All things fall from kings to rose petals

Share this topic:

• 292 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

44 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 44 guests, 0 anonymous users