• You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium (II) - Chatty Thread

#4941 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:33 PM

View PostItwæs Nom, on 07 November 2018 - 09:26 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 07 November 2018 - 05:18 PM, said:

So whoever has the blow up a space dock action card; If you are willing to use it on Daemon I'm willing to pay for it. I've got 5 trade goods worth of trade agreement pns for that service.

Morghy's PN is probably not really worth that much in the current situation

So are you saying you have the card. If not the trade agreement pn, then what would be enough to use it on my behalf? A little pay back from the early round blackmail perhaps?
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#4942 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 07 November 2018 - 10:15 PM

So whoever has the blow up a space dock action card; If you are willing to use it on Daemon I'm willing to pay for it. I've got 5 trade goods worth of trade agreement pns for that service.

Take him for everything you can Nom. He REALLY doesn't want me dropping a war sun on Everra.

Edit: he goes from 96% to 40%.

This post has been edited by Gnaw: 07 November 2018 - 10:21 PM

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#4943 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 November 2018 - 10:51 PM

Yeah that 1 unit makes a huge difference.

#4944 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 November 2018 - 10:52 PM

Well that in combination with your damn flagship. Mine sucks in comparison.

#4945 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 08 November 2018 - 04:26 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 07 November 2018 - 08:50 PM, said:

It's your turn Tapper, what are your thoughts on giving me speaker and me letting your choice fall to you?

Not deciding on that yet. For one,it is too early to determine what if any objectives I can fulfill this round.

If we do that, because of the 'attack-Tapper-or-he-will-win' spirit that currently seems to be in vogue, I will also want a solid guarantee that there is not going to be any tricks with Racial tech to swap Strategies.

I'd be looking at your Trade PN, with me trading it or the 6 TG it gives me back to you when I activate the Strategy next turn.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#4946 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:51 AM

If you did give twelve and I the refresh you should be well placed to claim the 2 vp objective I'd think.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#4947 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:19 AM

View PostTapper, on 08 November 2018 - 04:26 AM, said:

It's your turn Tapper, what are your thoughts on giving me speaker and me letting your choice fall to you?

Not deciding on that yet. For one,it is too early to determine what if any objectives I can fulfill this round.

If we do that, because of the 'attack-Tapper-or-he-will-win' spirit that currently seems to be in vogue, I will also want a solid guarantee that there is not going to be any tricks with Racial tech to swap Strategies.

I'd be looking at your Trade PN, with me trading it or the 6 TG it gives me back to you when I activate the Strategy next turn.

Khell currently holds my trade PN, and that is the last time I am giving that out.

I can give you my political secrets PN as hostage to good faith but it's up to you.

I can give you my word that there'll be no shenanigans from me regarding strategy selection, I currently would like trade, technology, leadership or imperial so whatever you choose would not affect me.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#4948 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:19 PM

View PostGnaw, on 07 November 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

Oh Morgoth, dearest Morgoth. May the suns of many systems feed your roots.

Any way I can help you keep the others away from your homeworld Posted Image
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#4949 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:50 PM

IH it is your turn.

#4950 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:41 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 08 November 2018 - 09:19 AM, said:

Khell currently holds my trade PN, and that is the last time I am giving that out.

I can give you my political secrets PN as hostage to good faith but it's up to you.

I can give you my word that there'll be no shenanigans from me regarding strategy selection, I currently would like trade, technology, leadership or imperial so whatever you choose would not affect me.

Realistically though, if Tapper says he wants IMPERIAL and it will obviously win him the game immediately, there's no way you can honour that.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#4951 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:47 PM

@IH - well, your turn now. If you are going for MR, great. If you're not going to go for MR, then like Khell had brought up before, how about giving me IFF so I can take a stab at his HW? Not worth it for me to lose 1 VP for nothing on MR, but it is worth it for me if I will possibly get a PO out of it.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#4952 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:48 PM

View PostD, on 08 November 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

Realistically though, if Tapper says he wants IMPERIAL and it will obviously win him the game immediately, there's no way you can honour that.

He needs 6 points and has no SO available to get so he cannot win next round. Even if he scores 2 somehow this round.

#4953 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:53 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 08 November 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

He needs 6 points and has no SO available to get so he cannot win next round. Even if he scores 2 somehow this round.

2 this round from a PO

Next round: you let him have IMPERIAL. He plays it and gets 1 vp from MR + fulfills another 2 VP PO. In the Status Phase he fulfills another (1 VP or 2 VP) PO. Win.

#4954 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:04 PM

View PostD, on 08 November 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

@IH - well, your turn now. If you are going for MR, great. If you're not going to go for MR, then like Khell had brought up before, how about giving me IFF so I can take a stab at his HW? Not worth it for me to lose 1 VP for nothing on MR, but it is worth it for me if I will possibly get a PO out of it.

I'm on my phone so can't see the map properly but hasn't tapper just blocked access to his homeworld by moving the cruiser.

#4955 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:34 PM

Ih don't spoil the surprise. You are safe as she has your SFTT.

#4956 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:45 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 08 November 2018 - 05:04 PM, said:

I'm on my phone so can't see the map properly but hasn't tapper just blocked access to his homeworld by moving the cruiser.

Yep.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#4957 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:47 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 08 November 2018 - 05:04 PM, said:

Vefut can't be IFF'd, but there are other avenues since I have LWD.

#4958 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:52 PM

View PostD, on 08 November 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

2 this round from a PO

Next round: you let him have IMPERIAL. He plays it and gets 1 vp from MR + fulfills another 2 VP PO. In the Status Phase he fulfills another (1 VP or 2 VP) PO. Win.

So,you mean the situation Morgoth is in now, except with a SO rather than MR? :p

#4959 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:59 PM

View PostTapper, on 08 November 2018 - 05:52 PM, said:

2 this round from a PO

So,you mean the situation Morgoth is in now, except with a SO rather than MR? :p

Yes. I did say we can't let up on Morgoth, either, and I am still hopeful that the players who can actually access him will do... something.

That being said, Morgy has a lot less likelihood of getting the IMPERIAL strategy card. Pretty much the only way he can do so is if he has the right action card or if we're all horrible players.

#4960 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:17 PM

View PostD, on 08 November 2018 - 05:59 PM, said:

View PostTapper, on 08 November 2018 - 05:52 PM, said:

2 this round from a PO

Yes. I did say we can't let up on Morgoth, either, and I am still hopeful that the players who can actually access him will do... something.

That being said, Morgy has a lot less likelihood of getting the IMPERIAL strategy card. Pretty much the only way he can do so is if he has the right action card or if we're all horrible players.

You mean... like how he ended up with it this round?

And if I pinky-promise I will not take Imperial, will you let me off the hook?

Share this topic:

• 292 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

30 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 30 guests, 0 anonymous users