• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium (II) - Chatty Thread

#101 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:21 PM

Just to clarify what is the definition of empty systems in the new warfare?
Blank tiles?
Systems with no units of another player in?
Systems with no space units of another player in?
Systems which don't contain an owned planet?

#102 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:22 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 13 July 2018 - 02:46 PM, said:

I'd have 5 planets to your 6,

Yes, but it's not my responsibility to balance out the galaxy's tile placement. You could have negotiated with Twelve or Tapper to not get those blanks. Plus I've got a PITA asteroid field and no WH access.

and its easy for me to move from Abyz/Fria one space to take the system.

It'll be easy for me to move there with AMD+GD next round, too.

I literally only want to exhaust it once for the tech but if you really want it then i'm sure Sakalug can take the burden.

You're going for an early Quantum Datahub I presume? Or Integrated Economy? (Or both?) What round do you think you you'll be doing that research? I am thinking I will need Mansa III (unexhausted) on round 3 for my own tech flip and if Twelve is looking fierce it might be necessary as a Winnu counter at that same time (w/ DIPLOMACY). So if you think you'll use it before or after then, we could arrange for one of us to have it until then and the other to have it after? I'm not averse to a sharing arrangement.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#103 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

View PostImperial Historian, on 13 July 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

Blank tiles?

Ships, I think --> nothing that would initiate combat.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#104 User is offline   D'rek 

View PostImperial Historian, on 13 July 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

Blank tiles?

Systems which contain no planets and no units.

And "system you control" means you control all the planets in the system and there are no enemy units in the system.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#105 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:26 PM

View PostD, on 13 July 2018 - 03:22 PM, said:

Yes, but it's not my responsibility to balance out the galaxy's tile placement. You could have negotiated with Twelve or Tapper to not get those blanks. Plus I've got a PITA asteroid field and no WH access.

I literally only want to exhaust it once for the tech but if you really want it then i'm sure Sakalug can take the burden.

You're going for an early Quantum Datahub I presume? Or Integrated Economy? (Or both?) What round do you think you you'll be doing that research? I am thinking I will need Mansa III (unexhausted) on round 3 for my own tech flip and if Twelve is looking fierce it might be necessary as a Winnu counter at that same time (w/ DIPLOMACY). So if you think you'll use it before or after then, we could arrange for one of us to have it until then and the other to have it after? I'm not averse to a sharing arrangement.

Actually if you allocate yourself speaker would that make me second choice? If it does I won't need QDN early at all, so therefore wouldn't need Mansa 3. I'm not sure how the speaker and strategy is going to work, maybe someone could clarify that for me, because I'm looking at researching on the green side of things to start with.

edit

but if I cannot grab technology in round two then yes, I'd like to exhaust Mansa and Sakalug for the QDN.

This post has been edited by Tattersail_: 13 July 2018 - 03:26 PM

Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#106 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:31 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 13 July 2018 - 03:26 PM, said:

Actually if you allocate yourself speaker would that make me second choice? If it does I won't need QDN early at all, so therefore wouldn't need Mansa 3. I'm not sure how the speaker and strategy is going to work, maybe someone could clarify that for me, because I'm looking at researching on the green side of things to start with.

edit

but if I cannot grab technology in round two then yes, I'd like to exhaust Mansa and Sakalug for the QDN.

I think I'm after D'rek if she is speaker, the initiative order is the same as the first post rather than geographically.

And that makes logistics not quite as good as I had thought

#107 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:32 PM

edit

IIRC Blend said we would continue using the { Khell > Bliss > ... > Tapper } order anywhere that we would otherwise use clockwise order. So if I make myself Speaker (and I will), strategy card selection order next round would be:

D'rek > IH > Morgoth > Gnaw > Tattersail > Twelve > Tapper > Khellendros > ItWasBliss

So I wouldn't count on getting TECH round 2. Decent odds of getting it round 3, since IH/Morg/Gnaw are likely to take POLITICS and make themselves Speaker for round 3, moving you to an earlier pick.

With that in mind, what round do you think you'd need to be holding Mansa+Sakulag for QDN?

#108 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:33 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 13 July 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

edit

I think I'm after D'rek if she is speaker, the initiative order is the same as the first post rather than geographically.

And that makes logistics not quite as good as I had thought

That only made sense before home world's were set. I thought we would switch to the person to the left got next choice.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#109 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:33 PM

Racial PN IH?

#110 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:36 PM

View PostD, on 13 July 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

edit

IIRC Blend said we would continue using the { Khell > Bliss > ... > Tapper } order anywhere that we would otherwise use clockwise order. So if I make myself Speaker (and I will), strategy card selection order next round would be:

D'rek > IH > Morgoth > Gnaw > Tattersail > Twelve > Tapper > Khellendros > ItWasBliss

So I wouldn't count on getting TECH round 2. Decent odds of getting it round 3, since IH/Morg/Gnaw are likely to take POLITICS and make themselves Speaker for round 3, moving you to an earlier pick.

With that in mind, what round do you think you'd need to be holding Mansa+Sakulag for QDN?

Just round 2, I won't have use for it afterwards

#111 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:39 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 13 July 2018 - 03:36 PM, said:

edit

Alright, then you go ahead and take it. We'll see what Twelve does, and probably need to swap during round 3 or 4.

#112 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:40 PM

View PostD, on 13 July 2018 - 03:39 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 13 July 2018 - 03:36 PM, said:

edit

Alright, then you go ahead and take it. We'll see what Twelve does, and probably need to swap during round 3 or 4.

How about PN's, what do you want to do there?

Surely Twelve wants to go straight for Mec Rex?

#113 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:50 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 13 July 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

He might, he might not.

No point in swapping Ceasfire/SftT if we're going to end up probably forced to give one of them back when we swap Mansa III due to activating an owned planet. Anything else you're interested in? I'm certainly interested in your Trade Agreement, naturally.

#114 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:55 PM

View PostD, on 13 July 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

He might, he might not.

No point in swapping Ceasfire/SftT if we're going to end up probably forced to give one of them back when we swap Mansa III due to activating an owned planet. Anything else you're interested in? I'm certainly interested in your Trade Agreement, naturally.

So PN's after Mansa 3 is exchanged?

I've allocated my commodities, including 2 to you. Trade Agreement may be something once I am on my feet.

#115 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:55 PM

There is a reason I put mansa III where I did. I might want in on the swapping ownership thing.

#116 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:05 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 13 July 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

View PostD, on 13 July 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

He might, he might not.

So PN's after Mansa 3 is exchanged?

I've allocated my commodities, including 2 to you. Trade Agreement may be something once I am on my feet.

Sure, sounds good.

View Posttwelve, on 13 July 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

There is a reason I put mansa III where I did. I might want in on the swapping ownership thing.

Sakulag is closer :p (kidding, kidding!)

Giving you Mansa III for a turn may be... possible. Not until round 4, though, and there'd be some very specific terms of what you can move there, I think.

#117 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:09 PM

It's a maybe at best. Too much will happen that could easily change my need for it plus it's not exactly the easiest for me to get but round 4 will probably work.

#118 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:50 PM

Tatts, racial PNs or not?
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#119 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:04 PM

View PostGnaw, on 13 July 2018 - 04:50 PM, said:

Yes

#120 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:08 PM

View PostGnaw, on 13 July 2018 - 04:50 PM, said:

Gnaw you are up I think.

Share this topic:

• 292 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users