Malazan Empire: Twilight Imperium (II) - Chatty Thread - Malazan Empire

Jump to content

  • 292 Pages +
  • « First
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium (II) - Chatty Thread

#81 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

  • God
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 4,939
  • Joined: 08-February 04

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:58 PM

I'd also be interested in a free refresh, I have up to 4 commodities for trade.
0

#82 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

  • formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 10,237
  • Joined: 16-July 10
  • Location:Wirral
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:59 PM

View PostTapper, on 13 July 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

Khell, you up for a commodities trade? Tatts, you interested in whatever Khell cannot handle? That should be anywhere from 1 to 3 commodities.


Yes.Looking at 1 at the moment.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.
0

#83 User is offline   twelve 

  • Elder God
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 6,840
  • Joined: 27-March 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:19 PM

View PostD, on 13 July 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 13 July 2018 - 01:44 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 13 July 2018 - 01:37 PM, said:

Tatts, if I get a free refresh of trade (looking at Morgoth) or if I spend a sct on a refresh will you trade 3 for 3 with me?


Yes.

Likewise D'rek I can do 2:2 for you if you like and anyone want to do a 1:1?


Sure!

Morgoth is my besty best favourite tree friend and I'm sure he will be giving me a free TRADE refresh since he is so happy with the planets I sent to him :)

Good point. A free refresh would help offset the inequities between the planet deal swap.

As for card sounds like ItwasBliss is doing tech as their first action I should pick warfare so I might have a shot at tech but I want imperial over warfare. Stupid nebula. Warfare would have been perfect except for that.

ItwasBliss, you really should wait to see if you can get 2 techs with the tech strategy card so waiting to get planets you can refresh through diplomacy is the better choice. It might end up you still only get 1 tech based on when other strategy cards get played but it is definitely something to wait to use for obtimal benefit.

PICK IMPRRIAL
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.
0

#84 User is offline   Khellendros 

  • Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 5,227
  • Joined: 14-August 07

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:21 PM

View PostTapper, on 13 July 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

Khell, you up for a commodities trade? Tatts, you interested in whatever Khell cannot handle? That should be anywhere from 1 to 3 commodities.


Sure.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."
0

#85 User is offline   Tapper 

  • Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 6,118
  • Joined: 29-June 04
  • Location:Delft, Holland.

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:21 PM

Pick WHATEVER IS LEFT :p
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad
0

#86 User is offline   D'rek 

  • Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators
  • Posts: 11,367
  • Joined: 08-August 07
  • Location::

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:33 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 13 July 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

View PostD, on 13 July 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 13 July 2018 - 01:44 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 13 July 2018 - 01:37 PM, said:

Tatts, if I get a free refresh of trade (looking at Morgoth) or if I spend a sct on a refresh will you trade 3 for 3 with me?


Yes.

Likewise D'rek I can do 2:2 for you if you like and anyone want to do a 1:1?


Sure!



New Albion/Starpoint, Gwynan, Arnor/Lor, Tura Nora all yours?

Abyz/Fria, Lazar/Sakalug, mansa 3 mine?

Is this acceptable to you for early to mid game? If you need the yellow pre-requisite Mansa 3 gives then we can sort something later?

What would you like to exchange to keep it peaceful between us? Ceasefire or SFTT?


Mansa III is an interesting one. The rest of the planets are all closer to either you or me, so it's only natural that one of us has a greater claim to them, but Mansa III is equidistant from our homeworlds, and neither of us can reach it in the first round. Come the 2nd round, not to be mean but... if I can get to it first, why shouldn't I take it? neither of us has a more legitimate claim to it than the other, non?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.
0

#87 User is offline   D'rek 

  • Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators
  • Posts: 11,367
  • Joined: 08-August 07
  • Location::

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:36 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 13 July 2018 - 12:58 PM, said:

Why are there only two asteroid fields? I thought we had three last game?


IIRC, last game's map was 3 tiles larger. Think we had 2 more AFs and 1 more Supernova? Blend's smaller map meant he could cut out that extra fluff.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.
0

#88 User is offline   Khellendros 

  • Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 5,227
  • Joined: 14-August 07

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:44 PM

View PostD, on 13 July 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 13 July 2018 - 12:58 PM, said:

Why are there only two asteroid fields? I thought we had three last game?


IIRC, last game's map was 3 tiles larger. Think we had 2 more AFs and 1 more Supernova? Blend's smaller map meant he could cut out that extra fluff.


It's not fluff if you're Saar!!!!!
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."
0

#89 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

  • formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 10,237
  • Joined: 16-July 10
  • Location:Wirral
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:46 PM

View PostD, on 13 July 2018 - 02:33 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 13 July 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

View PostD, on 13 July 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 13 July 2018 - 01:44 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 13 July 2018 - 01:37 PM, said:

Tatts, if I get a free refresh of trade (looking at Morgoth) or if I spend a sct on a refresh will you trade 3 for 3 with me?


Yes.

Likewise D'rek I can do 2:2 for you if you like and anyone want to do a 1:1?


Sure!



New Albion/Starpoint, Gwynan, Arnor/Lor, Tura Nora all yours?

Abyz/Fria, Lazar/Sakalug, mansa 3 mine?

Is this acceptable to you for early to mid game? If you need the yellow pre-requisite Mansa 3 gives then we can sort something later?

What would you like to exchange to keep it peaceful between us? Ceasefire or SFTT?


Mansa III is an interesting one. The rest of the planets are all closer to either you or me, so it's only natural that one of us has a greater claim to them, but Mansa III is equidistant from our homeworlds, and neither of us can reach it in the first round. Come the 2nd round, not to be mean but... if I can get to it first, why shouldn't I take it? neither of us has a more legitimate claim to it than the other, non?


I'd have 5 planets to your 6, and its easy for me to move from Abyz/Fria one space to take the system. I literally only want to exhaust it once for the tech but if you really want it then i'm sure Sakalug can take the burden.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.
0

#90 User is offline   Khellendros 

  • Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 5,227
  • Joined: 14-August 07

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:48 PM

My first whine.

Thanks for crippling my racial ability by taking out half the asteroid fields Blend :p
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."
0

#91 User is offline   Galactic Council 

  • God
  • Group: Game Mod
  • Posts: 4,004
  • Joined: 30-April 13

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:49 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 13 July 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

My first whine.

Thanks for crippling my racial ability by taking out half the asteroid fields Blend :p


There were 3 more tiles on the last map than there were on this map, I took out a blank, an asteroid field and a supernova I think. Maybe 2 blanks and an asteroid field. Something along those lines anyway.
0

#92 User is offline   Galactic Council 

  • God
  • Group: Game Mod
  • Posts: 4,004
  • Joined: 30-April 13

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:51 PM

Alright, I've posted all the Strategy Phase posts - I've noticed there's a couple of banners I'll have to fix tonight to add the transparency back in, but otherwise everything should be in order. As always, let me know if I've made an error anywhere!

Action Phase has begun, have fun folks! :)
0

#93 User is offline   Khellendros 

  • Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 5,227
  • Joined: 14-August 07

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:55 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 13 July 2018 - 02:49 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 13 July 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

My first whine.

Thanks for crippling my racial ability by taking out half the asteroid fields Blend :p


There were 3 more tiles on the last map than there were on this map, I took out a blank, an asteroid field and a supernova I think. Maybe 2 blanks and an asteroid field. Something along those lines anyway.



Why did you decide to make it smaller? And you should have taken out another of the blanks instead of the asteroid field with Saar playing - I mean, hiding out in rocks is like my whole thing for the later part of the game!
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."
0

#94 User is offline   Galactic Council 

  • God
  • Group: Game Mod
  • Posts: 4,004
  • Joined: 30-April 13

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:58 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 13 July 2018 - 02:55 PM, said:

View PostGalactic Council, on 13 July 2018 - 02:49 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 13 July 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

My first whine.

Thanks for crippling my racial ability by taking out half the asteroid fields Blend :p


There were 3 more tiles on the last map than there were on this map, I took out a blank, an asteroid field and a supernova I think. Maybe 2 blanks and an asteroid field. Something along those lines anyway.



Why did you decide to make it smaller? And you should have taken out another of the blanks instead of the asteroid field with Saar playing - I mean, hiding out in rocks is like my whole thing for the later part of the game!


It was the best way to ensure the HW locations were as balanced as possible.

I took out Asteroid Fields because the regular game only has 2 asteroid fields in it. It's too late now either way, in the future we can certainly try a different combination of non planet tiles.
0

#95 User is offline   Galactic Council 

  • God
  • Group: Game Mod
  • Posts: 4,004
  • Joined: 30-April 13

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:59 PM

Just a quick note.

Another small rule change for this game:

Quote

The agendas for the upcoming Agenda phase will only be revealed at the beginning of the Status Phase.

Both agendas will be revealed at the same time, and voting will otherwise remain the same as in the previous game.

Any action cards or abilities that affect the agendas MUST be played during the Status Phase. This includes the Nekro Virus "Galactic Threat" ability, the Xxcha "Quash" ability, VETO action cards, RIDER action cards, and any other abilities or action cards I may have missed.

0

#96 User is offline   Galactic Council 

  • God
  • Group: Game Mod
  • Posts: 4,004
  • Joined: 30-April 13

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:08 PM

I have added the list of Secret Objectives and List of Action Cards in the "Handy References" post near the top of the Chatty Thread, for everyone's reference.
0

#97 User is offline   D'rek 

  • Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators
  • Posts: 11,367
  • Joined: 08-August 07
  • Location::

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:08 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 13 July 2018 - 02:51 PM, said:

As always, let me know if I've made an error anywhere!


Probably carried over from my mistake rather than yours, but the text of Magen Defense Grid is wrong. Should be "ground combat" rather than "ground units".

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.
0

#98 User is offline   Galactic Council 

  • God
  • Group: Game Mod
  • Posts: 4,004
  • Joined: 30-April 13

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:09 PM

View PostD, on 13 July 2018 - 03:08 PM, said:

View PostGalactic Council, on 13 July 2018 - 02:51 PM, said:

As always, let me know if I've made an error anywhere!


Probably carried over from my mistake rather than yours, but the text of Magen Defense Grid is wrong. Should be "ground combat" rather than "ground units".


So it should read as follows?

Quote

You may exhaust this card at the start of a round of ground combat that have PLANETARY SHIELD; your opponent cannot make combat rolls this combat round.



0

#99 User is offline   D'rek 

  • Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators
  • Posts: 11,367
  • Joined: 08-August 07
  • Location::

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:11 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 13 July 2018 - 03:09 PM, said:

View PostD, on 13 July 2018 - 03:08 PM, said:

View PostGalactic Council, on 13 July 2018 - 02:51 PM, said:

As always, let me know if I've made an error anywhere!


Probably carried over from my mistake rather than yours, but the text of Magen Defense Grid is wrong. Should be "ground combat" rather than "ground units".


So it should read as follows?

Quote

You may exhaust this card at the start of a round of ground combat that have PLANETARY SHIELD; your opponent cannot make combat rolls this combat round.



You may exhaust this card at the start of a round of ground combat on a planet that contains one or more of your units that have PLANETARY SHIELD; your opponent cannot make combat rolls this combat round.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.
0

#100 User is offline   Galactic Council 

  • God
  • Group: Game Mod
  • Posts: 4,004
  • Joined: 30-April 13

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:13 PM

Thanks, will update!
0

Share this topic:


  • 292 Pages +
  • « First
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users