• This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#2021 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:49 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 14 May 2018 - 03:43 PM, said:

View PostD, on 14 May 2018 - 03:39 PM, said:

Twelve's action is posted. Another big battle!

Blend/Twelve - can you clarify what the deal was you were making regarding a PN exchange?

That was devastating.

Tell me again why everyone is so worried about me and not my immediate neighbours?

I'm terrified of twelve, but his two neighbours have made sure to give him all the time and space he needed to fortify himself, and now I am not sure anyone is willing to fight through his defences.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2022 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:52 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 14 May 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

Blend/Twelve - can you clarify what the deal was you were making regarding a PN exchange?

That was devastating.

Tell me again why everyone is so worried about me and not my immediate neighbours?

I'm terrified of twelve, but his two neighbours have made sure to give him all the time and space he needed to fortify himself, and now I am not sure anyone is willing to fight through his defences.

We Sol are lovers, not fighters. We will only fight for our right to procreate exponentially.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#2023 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:52 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 14 May 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

That was devastating.

12 is clearly the problem of this game, been saying it for ages..
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#2024 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:08 PM

Nico begged and pleaded for me to retcon an action card into the battle, so I did. Don't let that give you the impression that I will always be so accomodating - far better to have already expressed in PM when you would want and not want to use a card.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2025 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:12 PM

View PostD, on 14 May 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

Nico begged and pleaded for me to retcon an action card into the battle, so I did. Don't let that give you the impression that I will always be so accomodating - far better to have already expressed in PM when you would want and not want to use a card.

BAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *cough cough cough* HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA......
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#2026 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:13 PM

sabotage is an incredibly valuable card, so there's one less of those out there now at least.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2027 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:25 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 14 May 2018 - 04:13 PM, said:

sabotage is an incredibly valuable card, so there's one less of those out there now at least.

Yea pysched that one is gone actually .
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#2028 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:29 PM

As someone who has never played the game before, I have little idea about what kinds of situations might arise, where they might arise, or when they might arise. For example, I had zero expectation that Morgoth would attack Quann, which may be naive, but is also true. As such, I find it difficult to decide in advance whether I want to play something or not. I could try and list all the various permutations which I think might come into play, but 1) I will inevitably miss something out, and 2) I will just confuse myself.

In a second game, or even as we go further into this game, I'm sure I'll be more comfortable with making decisions and planning for things further and further in advance, but I'm not there yet.

Nico, of course, has no excuse at all, as he has played before :killingme:

#2029 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:32 PM

Updated map so everyone can see 12s vast reach ?
13 resources a turn.

17 votes this next turn too.

12 grabs Rex and that puts him at 23 votes !
/yikes

#2030 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:33 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 14 May 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

As someone who has never played the game before, I have little idea about what kinds of situations might arise, where they might arise, or when they might arise. For example, I had zero expectation that Morgoth would attack Quann, which may be naive, but is also true. As such, I find it difficult to decide in advance whether I want to play something or not. I could try and list all the various permutations which I think might come into play, but 1) I will inevitably miss something out, and 2) I will just confuse myself.

In a second game, or even as we go further into this game, I'm sure I'll be more comfortable with making decisions and planning for things further and further in advance, but I'm not there yet.

Never mind arguing with D'rek, you! Take your turn! :killingme:
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#2031 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:36 PM

LOL @ Khell - it took you all that time to Pass? LOL

#2032 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:37 PM

Your provisional could simply be "Use _____ if I have a good opportunity to do so", like with the Direct Hit card, or "Use ______ if I'm in a big battle and might need it.", that sort of thing. Doesn't have to be a super-detailed provisional listing every possible minute scenario, but since as moderator my default stance is to never "play for you" (unless I have to), then if you haven't said *anything* about a card/ability then I'm not going to use it for you.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2033 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:38 PM

View PostBlend, on 14 May 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

I wonder if you'll be LOLing when the wolves come to your door :killingme:

#2034 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:39 PM

Online it’s a bit different as I would have noticed things happening easier and the disconnect is there..

#2035 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:39 PM

View PostBlend, on 14 May 2018 - 04:33 PM, said:

Never mind arguing with D'rek, you! Take your turn! :killingme:

I'm not arguing, just explaining my hesitation!

#2036 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:40 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 14 May 2018 - 04:38 PM, said:

I mean, if the wolves think that I'm more of a threat to them than Twelve is, I've got a bridge they can buy.

#2037 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:41 PM

At this point 12 can destroy his fleets at will .. been saying it for awhile. Hence blend needing to be fantactial toward 12 at this point..

#2038 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:42 PM

And we're back around to Morgoth! :killingme:

#2039 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:42 PM

View PostBlend, on 14 May 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

I mean, if the wolves think that I'm more of a threat to them than Twelve is, I've got a bridge they can buy.

Anyone else see the logical disconnect in Blend's reply? :killingme:

#2040 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:43 PM

@Khell - Nico was saying before he was giving you 5 tgs on your next turn. I can't remember if that is still happening or not, but if so you should add it to your turn.

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

54 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 54 guests, 0 anonymous users