It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2002 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:53 PM

Battle resolution added.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2003 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:54 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 14 May 2018 - 02:49 PM, said:

I have a commodity I wouldn't mind trading away

I’ll take it.

Oh wait.. you said ‘trade’ not ‘give’.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#2004 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:56 PM

View Posttwelve, on 14 May 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

I think I will need a D'rek ruling on that. I read it as if a ship is already in the system can't move out. It doesn't say anything about a ship that isn't in the activate system moving through. I think they can move through as they aren't stopping. But in any regard I need to head off to work. I'll leave a provisional with D'rek in any case.

I think you guys are saying the same thing in different ways. In any case, yes ships that are in an unactivated system can move through a previously-activated system to reach the newly-activated system during a tactical action.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2005 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:56 PM

Is it just me, or is the fact that Nekro gain a tech just from destroying A SINGLE ANYTHING in combat, down to the measliest fighter, regardless of overall outcome, seriously OP?
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#2006 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:58 PM

I said right from the beginning that Morgoth and the Nekro were going to be a problem.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#2007 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:09 PM

well that did not go the way I wanted it to.
Take good care to keep relations civil

#2008 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:11 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 14 May 2018 - 02:56 PM, said:

Is it just me, or is the fact that Nekro gain a tech just from destroying A SINGLE ANYTHING in combat, down to the measliest fighter, regardless of overall outcome, seriously OP?

Boardgamegeeks' statistics put the Necro at the bottom half of the pile, or within the top five all depending on which survey. They're quite a bit behind the three heavy hitters though; Jol Nar, Hacan, and Sol.

I enjoy playing them though. They're quite a bit different from the other factions I have played. The motivations behind my moves change, which is rather cool. I do not like being excluded from the voting though, that's a whole aspect of the game I cannot participate in, which is a shame. I am not yet sure if I made the right choice in not picking the Yin, but I certainly am enjoying them so far.

This post has been edited by Morgoth: 14 May 2018 - 03:14 PM

#2009 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:23 PM

But they're tied to what their opponents have. Bunching fleets and troops and adding PDSs can set the cost of tech acquisition (too) high for them to be sustainable.

For me the amount of CT they get out of Technology in addition to their tech-leech is what makes me pause.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#2010 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:24 PM

View PostBlend, on 14 May 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

I said right from the beginning that Morgoth and the Nekro were going to be a problem.

Right now I think most of you, that is pretty much everyone but Khell, should be happy that I am present on the board at all. None of you were in a position to take Mecatol, or to threaten Khell's territories. He could have kept doing what he was doing and in a round or two at the most he would have been too far ahead to catch up to. I attacked him with everything I had available and I couldn't even take a single planet from him. Now, in an effort to avoid losing way too early I have given up my excellent position on the board for battle with Khell that clearly gives me no territorial benefits.

Twelve is content to sit and gather up tech and ships on the other flank, with you too. And in the end, it's points that decide the victor and I am now at less points than I was half a round ago.

#2011 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:29 PM

View PostTapper, on 14 May 2018 - 03:23 PM, said:

But they're tied to what their opponents have. Bunching fleets and troops and adding PDSs can set the cost of tech acquisition (too) high for them to be sustainable.

For me the amount of CT they get out of Technology in addition to their tech-leech is what makes me pause.

The CT advantage is where the true strenght of the Necro is found, no doubt about it. It's a new ability, I think, and It's really neat.

#2012 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:38 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 14 May 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 14 May 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

Right now I think most of you, that is pretty much everyone but Khell, should be happy that I am present on the board at all. None of you were in a position to take Mecatol, or to threaten Khell's territories. He could have kept doing what he was doing and in a round or two at the most he would have been too far ahead to catch up to. I attacked him with everything I had available and I couldn't even take a single planet from him. Now, in an effort to avoid losing way too early I have given up my excellent position on the board for battle with Khell that clearly gives me no territorial benefits.

Twelve is content to sit and gather up tech and ships on the other flank, with you too. And in the end, it's points that decide the victor and I am now at less points than I was half a round ago.

I think they would have learned that lesson better if you had just left me to win in peace :killingme:

#2013 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:39 PM

Twelve's action is posted. Another big battle!

Blend/Twelve - can you clarify what the deal was you were making regarding a PN exchange?

#2014 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:42 PM

... impressive.

#2015 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:42 PM

View PostD, on 14 May 2018 - 03:39 PM, said:

Blend/Twelve - can you clarify what the deal was you were making regarding a PN exchange?

I PM'd you about it, but the agreement was that if Twelve attacked that system, I would give him my Trade Agreement PN. He has held up his end of the deal, so please go ahead and give him the PN.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#2016 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:43 PM

Not that I have much influence here, but using the political phase to deal with twelve's pds situation might not be such a bad thing.

#2017 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:43 PM

That was devastating.

Tell me again why everyone is so worried about me and not my immediate neighbours?

#2018 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:45 PM

I know it's my turn, but now I've got to think whether I want to do anything. Blame Morgoth for the delay.

#2019 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:47 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 14 May 2018 - 03:43 PM, said:

That was devastating.

Tell me again why everyone is so worried about me and not my immediate neighbours?

Something something victorypointsnotgunswingames something something.

The High Leader Kkim is still not fully convinced that lots of guns are not a prerequisite for winning, either.

#2020 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:47 PM

@ Drek about 12s combat action... Pmd
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

18 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users