Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#1981 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 13 May 2018 - 07:13 AM

View PostTapper, on 13 May 2018 - 06:20 AM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 12 May 2018 - 11:30 AM, said:

I'm willing to give my remaining 7 votes away for the colonial agenda. 2 tg and no plundering me when blend gives me two from production biomes to vote for zohbat nico?

Or anyone else got an offer? Twelve? Blend? The obvious other target is probably morgoth who seems to be building a mighty fleet.

If Blend regrets his placement of a Docks on Thibah (especially given his investment in Lodor, whixh has better stats), then this Agenda could be a reset of the Docks for him. Not at all sure that's what he wants, of course - but he would be the only player perhaps interested in wiping their own dock and regaining control immediately.

If someone is adamant to hurt Nico, they might want to target Abyz. Likewise, Bereg against Morgoth or Zohbat against Twelve - all those destroy Docks.

With regard to Morgoth: if he has the secret objective to own 4 Industrial planets, it puts his attack on Saudor (also the road to Lazar and Quecen) and acquisition of Tarmann in a new light.

I like the idea of Bereg or Abyz. Hurt the people who know the game. Prefer abyz.

*shrug*
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1982 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:28 PM

Any chance morgoth wants Gnaws PDS2
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1983 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:50 PM

Any chance Morgoth will sober up before Monday Tuesday?

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Gnaw: 13 May 2018 - 06:52 PM

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1984 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:40 AM

Sorry guys! Vacation with the girlfriend in Riga didn't allow for much time playing.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#1985 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:44 AM

As to why I did the action I did, it's for several reasons. I could not allow Khell to stay in the position where he could vacuum up points from Mecatol while at the same time not having to protect his homeworld. It would be an automatic win for him, and so I made a sacrifice. At the same time, I was very interested in getting some tech, I've been falling behind in that regard. And, finally, some action was required. Can't have the galaxy growing too static. I seriously considered hitting hard for Jord, but couldn't see a way of doing that without the risk of falling too far behind myself. I could have settled for a blockade, but that would have left me being tied up with khell for the rest of the game, having to spend way too many resources to holding him down, rather than growing myself.

I am by no means an expert on this game, but my experiences with it tells me that allowing anyone to turtle, and to hold mecatol rex uncontested, is madness. Points are whats important in this game, you cannot lose them once you have them, and with a sufficiently strong industrial base you should be able to claim an objective every round in the mid and late game. Khell is already dangerously far ahead.

This post has been edited by Morgoth: 14 May 2018 - 10:05 AM

#1986 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:18 AM

I presume I can't retreat my ships in this scenario as you have ships in every direction?

Can I go into empty space, like a wormhole hex? Or does it have to have my forces in it already?
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#1987 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:17 PM

Morgoth. What are the chances you leave the mellon/Zohbat system alone if I take my dreads for a test run against Nico?
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#1988 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:22 PM

View Posttwelve, on 14 May 2018 - 01:17 PM, said:

Morgoth. What are the chances you leave the mellon/Zohbat system alone if I take my dreads for a test run against Nico?

He won't be able to move anyway would he? Those systems are activated now, Saudor, Quann and Tar'mann.

#1989 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:34 PM

He hasn't activated zohbat/mellon system and he has ships in range.that is the only reason I'm hesitant about attackING Nico. Before gravity drive just the cruisers could reach but now with that tech he can bring the dread with him so the one dread I was going to leave as defense isnt likely enough to hold back all 3 ships.

I want some assurances from Morgoth that he isn't going to come in behind and take advantage of my system when if I leave.

#1990 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:35 PM

So after Morgoth, it's Nico then Tatts, who've both passed, so that brings us back to you Twelve! :killingme:
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1991 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:39 PM

View Posttwelve, on 14 May 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

He hasn't activated zohbat/mellon system and he has ships in range.that is the only reason I'm hesitant about attackING Nico. Before gravity drive just the cruisers could reach but now with that tech he can bring the dread with him so the one dread I was going to leave as defense isnt likely enough to hold back all 3 ships.

I want some assurances from Morgoth that he isn't going to come in behind and take advantage of my system when if I leave.

You'll also get a couple of shots at him with your PDS before your ships have to do anything.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1992 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:49 PM

View Posttwelve, on 14 May 2018 - 01:17 PM, said:

Very high. I am happy to let you two fight without interference.

#1993 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:53 PM

I was under the impression that he cannot move ships through a system that he has already activated, however I have just re-read the relevant part.

#1994 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:07 PM

View PostBlend, on 14 May 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

So after Morgoth, it's Nico then Tatts, who've both passed, so that brings us back to you Twelve! :killingme:

Yeah I know. I'm either going to pass or attack but I need to have a conversation with the virus before I decide. I was hoping he was going to move the ships he had on Berg system to make the move on Khell be he opted to use the cruisers on his homeworld instead. Now he have ships that can strike me easily and I'm not a big fan of this development. And my pds are a 50-50 shot. So on average I land one hit. He uses it on his dread to sustain damage. My dread is also a 50-50 shot so best case scenario I land 2 hits overall and he destroys my dread plus I will have one undefended planet and with his amped up ground troops he will likely easily wipe the floor with my troops so I lose the entire system. I think I just talked myself into passing no matter what Morgoth says.

#1995 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:09 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 14 May 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

I was under the impression that he cannot move ships through a system that he has already activated, however I have just re-read the relevant part.

Really? I thought you could as you are traveling past and not stopping. Do you have a quote you can share?

#1996 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:15 PM

View Posttwelve, on 14 May 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 14 May 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

Really? I thought you could as you are traveling past and not stopping. Do you have a quote you can share?

Spoiler

Its the stickler with "moving out of".

#1997 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:18 PM

View Posttwelve, on 14 May 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

Yeah I know. I'm either going to pass or attack but I need to have a conversation with the virus before I decide. I was hoping he was going to move the ships he had on Berg system to make the move on Khell be he opted to use the cruisers on his homeworld instead. Now he have ships that can strike me easily and I'm not a big fan of this development. And my pds are a 50-50 shot. So on average I land one hit. He uses it on his dread to sustain damage. My dread is also a 50-50 shot so best case scenario I land 2 hits overall and he destroys my dread plus I will have one undefended planet and with his amped up ground troops he will likely easily wipe the floor with my troops so I lose the entire system. I think I just talked myself into passing no matter what Morgoth says.

DOOOO EEETTTTT!!!!!!!!

#1998 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:18 PM

I think I will need a D'rek ruling on that. I read it as if a ship is already in the system can't move out. It doesn't say anything about a ship that isn't in the activate system moving through. I think they can move through as they aren't stopping. But in any regard I need to head off to work. I'll leave a provisional with D'rek in any case.

#1999 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:33 PM

View Posttwelve, on 14 May 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

I think Morgoth's dread only has a movement of 1 still, Twelve.

EDIT: forget all the below, I didn't see the Grav Drive. Wallbash.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Tapper: 14 May 2018 - 02:45 PM

Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#2000 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:35 PM

You're also safe, Twelve, because Morgoth is almost certainly going to use his last tactical action to produce more ships.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users