• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars The Mandalorian

#181 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 11 May 2020 - 11:45 AM

Spoiler

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 11 May 2020 - 11:46 AM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#182 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 May 2020 - 08:04 PM

So I've finally got around to finishing this. I loved it - the action, the music, the cinematography, the baby Yoda, all just incredible but I have a couple of questions...

Was Boba Fett a Mandalorian?
Everyone seems to have heard of Mandalorians but they've never been mentioned ever before - I get that this because they have kind of retconned it or something but how come they're so well known? Looking forward to finding out more of the history/lore of them etc.
When does this take place? Obviously it's after ROTJ because the empire is "over" but they've never heard of the Jedi? Or the force?

Also, hey Taika Waititi directed the final episode haha no wonder there was some top notch bants between the two stormtroopers at the beginning of the episode.

Finally, IG is the best!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#183 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 19 May 2020 - 08:49 PM

Yeah Boba was a Mandalorian. I don't know when they first mentioned as a faction but in the old EU they appeared in a ton of comics and novels. They also appear a lot in the Clone Wars and Rebels TV shows. The Prequals might mention them as well, not sure, it's been years since I've seen then last.

We don't know how long after ROTJ this takes place. However the Empire did go to extreme lengths to either wipe out all mention of Jedi or distort knowledge about them. And even during the height of the Republic and the Jedi Order, people still didn't really know much about the Force and the Jedi tended to be criptic enough that they seemed like weird space wizards that are the Republic's enforcers.
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#184 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 19 May 2020 - 09:14 PM

I mean I got the impression that it takes place around the same time as TFA because it's a time of upheaval with the end of the Empire and all the old generals are grabbing power while they still have loyal troops etc.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#185 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 May 2020 - 01:33 AM

View PostGarak, on 19 May 2020 - 08:49 PM, said:

Yeah Boba was a Mandalorian. I don't know when they first mentioned as a faction but in the old EU they appeared in a ton of comics and novels. They also appear a lot in the Clone Wars and Rebels TV shows. The Prequals might mention them as well, not sure, it's been years since I've seen then last.

We don't know how long after ROTJ this takes place. However the Empire did go to extreme lengths to either wipe out all mention of Jedi or distort knowledge about them. And even during the height of the Republic and the Jedi Order, people still didn't really know much about the Force and the Jedi tended to be criptic enough that they seemed like weird space wizards that are the Republic's enforcers.

No, he’s not a Mandalorian. His father Jango was born on Concord Dawn (not Mandalore)...but is technically considered one...but Boba is clone, born on Kamino and never indoctrinated into a tribe. As such, Fett Is not a Mando. He just wears Mando armour. This is how he’s described on the Star Wars databank to avoid calling him an actual Mandalorian. I actually expect this to be a plot point in s2 though, so we should get an answer.

And we do know how long after ROTJ it takes place. 7 years according to the writers,

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 20 May 2020 - 01:33 AM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#186 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 September 2020 - 09:16 PM

Season 2 trailer!

#187 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 September 2020 - 01:14 PM

This is Sasha Banks from The Mandalorian Season 2 trailer. WWE wrestler who normally has brightly coloured hair. The shot of her appears right after Mando asks "You want me to deliver the child to a race of enemy sorcerers" referring to the Jedi.

This has led to speculation that Sasha is playing Sabine Wren. The last time we saw Sabine, she had joined Ahsoka (who we know is in this season played by Rosario Dawson) on a quest to find Ezra and Thrawn in the Unknown Regions...in the post-ROTJ epilogue for REBELS.

She was also the last person we saw truly wield the fabled Darksaber before handing it off to Bo-Katan to lead the Mandalorians....prior to seeing it in the hands of Moff Giancarlo Esposito on the finale of MANDO S1.

So it makes sense for her to be in the show.

And the character Sasha is playing is rumoured to be called Phantom...which....I mean...

Attached File  Sasha-Banks-Mandalorian-Star-Wars-750x400.jpg (32.08K)
Number of downloads: 1

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 17 September 2020 - 01:46 PM

#188 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 September 2020 - 02:17 PM

Oh and let's be clear, Sasha is not Asian, and Sabine clearly is according to Filoni, so that is the biggest indicator to me that Sasha is NOT playing Sabine Wren, but someone else.

#189 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 17 September 2020 - 09:31 PM

She really doesn't look like a good casting for Sabine. I think its more likely that whoever she is, she's posing as a jedi, in order to get the child back to Moff Gideon.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#190 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 18 September 2020 - 11:30 AM

View PostTraveller, on 17 September 2020 - 09:31 PM, said:

She really doesn't look like a good casting for Sabine.

I agree.

#191 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 18 September 2020 - 12:04 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 17 September 2020 - 02:17 PM, said:

Oh and let's be clear, Sasha is not Asian, and Sabine clearly is according to Filoni, so that is the biggest indicator to me that Sasha is NOT playing Sabine Wren, but someone else.

So why did Clone Wars Sabine have blonde hair, blue eyes and pale skin? Not that I doubt what Dave Filoni said, but it's a very odd way to depict an Asian.
I would have said Cate Blanchett would have been a good fit, physically and from my recollection of the Clone Wars series, but now I'm wondering if my memory is worse than I had thought. :p
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#192 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 18 September 2020 - 12:21 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 18 September 2020 - 12:04 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 17 September 2020 - 02:17 PM, said:

So why did Clone Wars Sabine have blonde hair, blue eyes and pale skin? Not that I doubt what Dave Filoni said, but it's a very odd way to depict an Asian.
I would have said Cate Blanchett would have been a good fit, physically and from my recollection of the Clone Wars series, but now I'm wondering if my memory is worse than I had thought. :p

Uh, she didn't because she wasn't alive during the Clone Wars....?

This is Sabine Wren (from REBELS).

Attached File  Sabine.jpg (202K)
Number of downloads: 0

And this is Sabine's mother, Ursa.

Attached File  Ursa_Wren.png (838.36K)
Number of downloads: 0

EDIT: Oh....you're thinking of Satine Kryze..Obi-Wan's Mandalorian paramour from the Clone Wars (and grandmother of Rey in my head canon about the sequels)...well she's dead so she's not going to be in a show post ROTJ...and yeah she's white....her sister is probably going to be in the season though, Bo Katan, rumoured to be the character that Kate Sackoff is playing.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 18 September 2020 - 12:24 PM

#193 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 18 September 2020 - 12:28 PM

Gah - Sabine, Satine ... that'd be it then. Apologies. :doh:

It's almost as bad as Robert Jordan's cast of thousands of unremarkable magic chicks with similar names. :p

I always thought it was rather droll that a character played by Ewan McGregor in the films was involved with a woman named Satine though. :rolleyes:

"Paramour" - gorsh Mr Lamarr, you use your tongue purtier than a $20 ... :blush:

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 18 September 2020 - 12:32 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#194 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 18 September 2020 - 12:34 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 18 September 2020 - 12:28 PM, said:

I always thought it was rather droll that a character played by Ewan McGregor in the films was involved with a woman named Satine though. :rolleyes

It was an intentional in-joke with Filoni and crew that they named her Satine because of Moulin Rouge....because she ALSO dies and is his one and only true love...macabre.

#195 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 October 2020 - 06:01 PM

Today starts Me crash coursing my wife through the highlights of Ahsoka Tano and Rex from TCW and REBELS to give hr an idea of who they are when they appear on MANDO. Wish me luck!

#196 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 12 October 2020 - 11:41 PM

This is the way.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#197 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 30 October 2020 - 01:25 PM

Has no one watched this yet?!

What a great ref to ep 1 in there!

So good, will watch again later.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 30 October 2020 - 01:27 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#198 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 30 October 2020 - 06:34 PM

View PostBriar King, on 30 October 2020 - 05:49 PM, said:

Lol does anyone else see the sheer brilliance of having
Spoiler

I know it's awesome!

But did you notice
Spoiler

#199 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 30 October 2020 - 08:26 PM

Man it's good to be back. P
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#200 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor