• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars The Mandalorian

#221 User is online   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 21 March 2020 - 12:26 AM

Yep she is a great fit. And that character will be stellar in interacting with baby Yoda. Makes me wonder if they are going to just say fuck it and make Gus Freeman a Force user on top of having the Dark Saber.. I got to admit Ashoka was the furthest character from my mind after seeing that thing pop up. I would have thought itíd be Sabine if anyone.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#222 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 21 March 2020 - 08:56 PM

That is such good news... I just hope she's got the voice as well as the looks!

As if the Mandalorian couldn't get any better... they just added my favourite SW character.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#223 User is online   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 21 March 2020 - 09:54 PM

Really hoping it leads to her own show. This is still Mando so Iím not expecting much of her. Hell im doubting we even see her till last few moments or last Ep in general of S2.

#224 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• General Kenobi
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Sith Beatdowns

Posted 23 March 2020 - 12:12 PM

I don't know if I've ever been this existed about a casting before. Honestly, Ahsoka is my second fave Star Wars character of all time after Obi-Wan...so getting to see her in live action is going to be a treat. I DO hope we see her dual white lightsabers in action...I expect the darksaber showing up (an item she's seen more than once before) is a part of that.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

#225 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 24 March 2020 - 08:23 PM

So Disney+ finally arrived here today! And there's only two episodes of the Mandalorian?

First episode pretty darn cool though...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#226 User is online   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 24 March 2020 - 08:37 PM

If you only have 2 eps then your getting fucked imo.

No way they should be pulling 6 other eps on a project that was finished months ago.

#227 User is online   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 24 March 2020 - 08:50 PM

Not even sure why it took 4 months to get it over there anyway. Baffles me but I ainít a tech or shareholder.

#228 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 24 March 2020 - 10:28 PM

It kinda takes the piss. Wait 4 months... then they stagger the release. Probably so the free trial doesn't cover it.

That said, I liked the staggered episodes, and having to wait for each Thursday for another fix. The first two released a day apart, then the rest once a week. It gave me time to rewatch each one while I was waiting - and believe me it's worth waiting for.

I'm still glad I watched them all when it hit the US though.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 24 March 2020 - 10:33 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#229 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• General Kenobi

Posted 04 May 2020 - 07:32 PM

So take this with a grain of salt, but some bit player on MANDO S2 let slip a nugget of casting on a livestream that he was not supposed to....

Wanna know who is going to be in S2 alongside Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka?

take a wild stab....

Spoiler

I mean, it makes sense and I'd have already asked for it...but man that is some EXCELLENT news.

recalling that

Spoiler

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 04 May 2020 - 07:42 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

#230 User is online   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 04 May 2020 - 07:51 PM

Iím gonna pass on click so I can be surprised but I definitely have suspicions.

#231 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• General Kenobi

Posted 04 May 2020 - 07:56 PM

View PostBriar King, on 04 May 2020 - 07:51 PM, said:

Iím gonna pass on click so I can be surprised but I definitely have suspicions.

I respect that. :)

#232 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• General Kenobi

Posted 11 May 2020 - 11:45 AM

Spoiler

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 11 May 2020 - 11:46 AM

#233 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 19 May 2020 - 08:04 PM

So I've finally got around to finishing this. I loved it - the action, the music, the cinematography, the baby Yoda, all just incredible but I have a couple of questions...

Was Boba Fett a Mandalorian?
Everyone seems to have heard of Mandalorians but they've never been mentioned ever before - I get that this because they have kind of retconned it or something but how come they're so well known? Looking forward to finding out more of the history/lore of them etc.
When does this take place? Obviously it's after ROTJ because the empire is "over" but they've never heard of the Jedi? Or the force?

Also, hey Taika Waititi directed the final episode haha no wonder there was some top notch bants between the two stormtroopers at the beginning of the episode.

Finally, IG is the best!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#234 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 19 May 2020 - 08:49 PM

Yeah Boba was a Mandalorian. I don't know when they first mentioned as a faction but in the old EU they appeared in a ton of comics and novels. They also appear a lot in the Clone Wars and Rebels TV shows. The Prequals might mention them as well, not sure, it's been years since I've seen then last.

We don't know how long after ROTJ this takes place. However the Empire did go to extreme lengths to either wipe out all mention of Jedi or distort knowledge about them. And even during the height of the Republic and the Jedi Order, people still didn't really know much about the Force and the Jedi tended to be criptic enough that they seemed like weird space wizards that are the Republic's enforcers.
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#235 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 19 May 2020 - 09:14 PM

I mean I got the impression that it takes place around the same time as TFA because it's a time of upheaval with the end of the Empire and all the old generals are grabbing power while they still have loyal troops etc.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#236 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• General Kenobi

Posted 20 May 2020 - 01:33 AM

View PostGarak, on 19 May 2020 - 08:49 PM, said:

Yeah Boba was a Mandalorian. I don't know when they first mentioned as a faction but in the old EU they appeared in a ton of comics and novels. They also appear a lot in the Clone Wars and Rebels TV shows. The Prequals might mention them as well, not sure, it's been years since I've seen then last.

We don't know how long after ROTJ this takes place. However the Empire did go to extreme lengths to either wipe out all mention of Jedi or distort knowledge about them. And even during the height of the Republic and the Jedi Order, people still didn't really know much about the Force and the Jedi tended to be criptic enough that they seemed like weird space wizards that are the Republic's enforcers.

No, he’s not a Mandalorian. His father Jango was born on Concord Dawn (not Mandalore)...but is technically considered one...but Boba is clone, born on Kamino and never indoctrinated into a tribe. As such, Fett Is not a Mando. He just wears Mando armour. This is how he’s described on the Star Wars databank to avoid calling him an actual Mandalorian. I actually expect this to be a plot point in s2 though, so we should get an answer.

And we do know how long after ROTJ it takes place. 7 years according to the writers,

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 20 May 2020 - 01:33 AM

#237 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• General Kenobi

Posted 15 September 2020 - 09:16 PM

Season 2 trailer!

#238 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• General Kenobi

Posted 17 September 2020 - 01:14 PM

This is Sasha Banks from The Mandalorian Season 2 trailer. WWE wrestler who normally has brightly coloured hair. The shot of her appears right after Mando asks "You want me to deliver the child to a race of enemy sorcerers" referring to the Jedi.

This has led to speculation that Sasha is playing Sabine Wren. The last time we saw Sabine, she had joined Ahsoka (who we know is in this season played by Rosario Dawson) on a quest to find Ezra and Thrawn in the Unknown Regions...in the post-ROTJ epilogue for REBELS.

She was also the last person we saw truly wield the fabled Darksaber before handing it off to Bo-Katan to lead the Mandalorians....prior to seeing it in the hands of Moff Giancarlo Esposito on the finale of MANDO S1.

So it makes sense for her to be in the show.

And the character Sasha is playing is rumoured to be called Phantom...which....I mean...

Attached File  Sasha-Banks-Mandalorian-Star-Wars-750x400.jpg (32.08K)
Number of downloads: 1

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 17 September 2020 - 01:46 PM

#239 User is online   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 17 September 2020 - 02:05 PM

Kanan really hinted around she had the mojo to do it but he also said everyone could to. Maybe Ashoka was able to bring it out. She still a through and through Mando though so she deserves a spot.

#240 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• General Kenobi

Posted 17 September 2020 - 02:17 PM

Oh and let's be clear, Sasha is not Asian, and Sabine clearly is according to Filoni, so that is the biggest indicator to me that Sasha is NOT playing Sabine Wren, but someone else.

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users