• You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars The Mandalorian

#21 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:54 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 11 April 2018 - 05:46 PM, said:

View PostGintokian, on 11 April 2018 - 05:27 PM, said:

I think we'll have to give up on Mara Jade after TLJ but Revan could still come back for sure. I think the mandelorian wars could be awesome, plenty of material for a tv show. Could bring in Exar Kun or Ulic Qel-Droma as villains as well as the mandelorians.

I could see Mara Jade being brought in, and just not as a love interest for Luke. But the character, reformed hand of the Emperor, is solid.

The Mandalorians (in my opinion) would have been the PERFECT villain/enemy for the new Saga movies instead of the Empire 2.0 (First Order)...as they are different enough to be really interesting...and they have a beef with the Jedi.

That's true, they could bring in Mara Jade in a number of ways for sure.

Like using the Mandalorians time-wise post episodes 7,8,9? That's a neat idea, I was thinking old republic times but it could be really cool to see them in the current timeline as well. Something a little different than the usual Jedi Vs. Sith would be fun.
In the language of flowers corn stands for trust.

#22 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 11 April 2018 - 06:20 PM

Mara Jade is pretty inexorably set as Luke's love-interest. Skip that part and you more or less have Ventress with more hair, in which case, why not work with a new character entirely?

Exar Kun or Ulic Qel-Droma... heh, they could be made into anything, in any era, dead or alive. My EU recall is spotty but i think Kun first showed up as a ghost trying to corrupt Luke's new Jedi students before the Dark Horse comics ever told his story.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#23 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 11 April 2018 - 06:26 PM

View PostAbyss, on 11 April 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

Mara Jade is pretty inexorably set as Luke's love-interest. Skip that part and you more or less have Ventress with more hair, in which case, why not work with a new character entirely?

Because Mara Jade.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#24 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 11 April 2018 - 06:40 PM

A little off topic but I read somewhere a couple days ago that Jango/Boba Fett are no longer canonically mandalorian, just some guys who though the armour looked cool, anyone know if this is true?
It's a little disappointing to me if it is.

#25 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:05 PM

Canon info: Jango (and therefore his clone Boba) Fett was born on Concord Dawn, which is a Mandalorian world, and wore Mandalorian amor once he started being a bounty hunter....this caused the New Mandalorian gov't to disavow him and say he was not Mandalorian at all. It sounds more like a political statement than an accurate one. I think Fett WAS originally Mandalorian as a result. I don't believe there is any proof either way though.

I WOULD say, however, that since Boba Fett was not raised on Mandalore in their culture or ways, that he technically can't lay claim to that heritage like his father can, since he's a clone who was raised on Genosis, and spent his teen years as a bounty hunter in and around Coruscant.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 11 April 2018 - 07:07 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#26 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:20 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 11 April 2018 - 07:05 PM, said:

Canon info: Jango (and therefore his clone Boba) Fett was born on Concord Dawn, which is a Mandalorian world, and wore Mandalorian amor once he started being a bounty hunter....this caused the New Mandalorian gov't to disavow him and say he was not Mandalorian at all. It sounds more like a political statement than an accurate one. I think Fett WAS originally Mandalorian as a result. I don't believe there is any proof either way though.

I WOULD say, however, that since Boba Fett was not raised on Mandalore in their culture or ways, that he technically can't lay claim to that heritage like his father can, since he's a clone who was raised on Genosis, and spent his teen years as a bounty hunter in and around Coruscant.

See that's what I thought but this article (wish I could remember where I read it) said that very recently the canon was changed and now they aren't related to the Mandalorians at all but just thought the armour looked cool/was useful. I don't usually trust those kind of articles but who knows with the new canon that keeps popping up.

#27 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 11 May 2018 - 02:57 PM

New info on the live action show. Jon Favreau says it will take place between ROTJ and TFA, specifically 7 years after the battle of Endor. Maybe we will see some live action Rebels cameos after all? Could possibly even have Boba Fett showing up, who knows?
Since Resistance is right before TFA this is pretty soon after ROTJ so there's lots of stuff they could do.

#28 User is offline   JPK 

• Lemming of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Sacrificing myself for everyone else's greater good!

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:23 PM

View PostGintokian, on 11 May 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

New info on the live action show. Jon Favreau says it will take place between ROTJ and TFA, specifically 7 years after the battle of Endor. Maybe we will see some live action Rebels cameos after all? Could possibly even have Boba Fett showing up, who knows?
Since Resistance is right before TFA this is pretty soon after ROTJ so there's lots of stuff they could do.

The timeframe makes me wonder if this is potentially going to pick up the Rebels cliffhanger.

#29 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:29 PM

View PostJPK, on 11 May 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

The timeframe makes me wonder if this is potentially going to pick up the Rebels cliffhanger.

As much as I would like a further Rebels storyline, I don't think it will be that. There may be some cameos or mentions of things that happened in Rebels but I don't think it will be a direct follow up. Especially because it'd be from animated to live action, they'd have to find appropriate actors to play the characters which would be hard because they already have voice actors and what not.
As well, it's going to be their first live action show so I think they'll want to do something new with original characters as well.

#30 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 13 May 2018 - 11:58 PM

View PostBriar King, on 11 May 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

I'm not a bit surprised with the timeline. Was still very much hoping they would grow a pair of manly hairy balls and give us TOR era. This 60 year timeframe is going to start burning out fans now that so much content is coming. I'm almost there.

I know, I'm really hoping one of these new movie series they're going to do are in the old republic era, tons of fans want that too it would be such a good idea.

#31 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 14 May 2018 - 12:52 PM

View PostGintokian, on 11 May 2018 - 07:29 PM, said:

View PostJPK, on 11 May 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

As much as I would like a further Rebels storyline, I don't think it will be that. There may be some cameos or mentions of things that happened in Rebels but I don't think it will be a direct follow up. Especially because it'd be from animated to live action, they'd have to find appropriate actors to play the characters which would be hard because they already have voice actors and what not.
As well, it's going to be their first live action show so I think they'll want to do something new with original characters as well.

Rebels spoiler just in case
Spoiler

How could they not? 7 years after Rotj would tie him in nicely too. He wasn't voiced, just introduced. Anyone remember Robotech? There's a lot of its influence visible in Rebels, and in some of the newer SW novels. Filoni was a fan, he loved it; which may have a bearing on the appearance of JS. In Robotech, two lead characters have a green haired kid - who takes up the fight as an adult in a following series set years later...

This post has been edited by Traveller: 14 May 2018 - 01:03 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#32 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:17 PM

JS is my hope too. I LOVE Hera and Kanan so having JS in there is only going to be a boon for the show for anyone familiar with REBELS.

#33 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:43 PM

That is true, I didn't think about him at all, it would work too since he's new and we don't know anything about him so he won't be compared to Rebels. And they could throw in some cameos as well. For sure a strong possibility for the new show.

#34 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:01 PM

Note to self: FIND TIME TO WATCH REBELS!
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#35 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:48 AM

View PostSlow Ben, on 14 May 2018 - 10:01 PM, said:

Yes do it! It's actually really good. It took me a while to start watching it too, I really liked the clone wars and was disappointed when they cancelled it abruptly. I was a little worried Disney would make the new one too kiddy but they did a really good job with this one too, definitely worth watching.

#36 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:34 PM

View PostGintokian, on 15 May 2018 - 10:48 AM, said:

View PostSlow Ben, on 14 May 2018 - 10:01 PM, said:

Yes do it! It's actually really good. It took me a while to start watching it too, I really liked the clone wars and was disappointed when they cancelled it abruptly. I was a little worried Disney would make the new one too kiddy but they did a really good job with this one too, definitely worth watching.

Seconded!

#37 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 04 October 2018 - 12:52 PM

I posted this in the Star Wars Discussion thread because I forgot this one existed.

https://www.google.c...-1829508890/amp

Live action show to be titled "The Mandalorian" and is based on a Mandalorian gunslinger between episodes 6 and 7.

#38 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:05 PM

View PostBriar King, on 04 October 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

I find myself happier then I've been in almost a yr but still very meh as well. Would be much happier with Filoni doing this then Jon. It will be cool to see not long after ROTJ and way before ANH2(TFA) a baby New Republic in the background.

Still though....move the fuck on/away from these 50-60 yrs same ole time period dammit.

I knew it was a long shot but I really wanted Jon to take us to TOR.

Ha we all did, back to the mandalorian wars and stuff would have been amazing, but maybe that's still too foreign to casual fans. i'm hoping if this series does well and other movies not related to the episodic ones then maybe Disney will be brave enough to do an Old Republic one.
I think this is a good balance between casual and non-casual fan though, as mandalorians are only seen in the tv shows and games (aside from the Fetts). Filoni would have been good but he's busy with The Clone Wars new season and Resistance so I'm happy with Jon Favreau

#39 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 05 October 2018 - 12:22 AM

Taika is directing an episode of this!

#40 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 October 2018 - 12:27 AM

So it's a crossover with David Eddings or what?
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users