• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

E3 2018 speculation Electronic Entertainment Expo

#21 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:57 AM

I wouldn't doubt it. They've shown something every year the last 2-3 years.

I can't quite remember the speculation on Sony's reveal schedule. Most likely The Last of Us 2 will come out in either the spring or fall of 2019, so this would probably be the time to show us a bit of gameplay.

I was really impressed with the footage last year, with the woman about to get hanged. It looked incredibly photo realistic. Sony games really are a extremely technically impressive.

#22 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 08 May 2018 - 08:30 PM

Ubisoft Montpelier had another livestream about BGE2.

More news coming @ E3

I'm very cautious about this, because, similar to skull & Bones, the focus is very much on group/co-op play.

As long as solo play is possible, I'm expecting this will still be worth checking out.

On the one hand, a bunch of stuff Ancel is saying sounds like a No Man's Sky, but with an actual story. Which is definitely worrying, because games that promise massive world's tend to have little content, and expect "the joy of discovery" to make up for lack of content.

On the other hand: for one, ubi isn't stupid, and they'd have seen the skeptical reaction to both NMS AND Sea of Thieves, and they'll have had their own Skull & Bones to test the concept first.
Also, y'know, it's Ubi. The undisputed kings of filler content for open worlds. While we can argue whether said content will be any good, I somehow doubt that we will ever again be able to complain that a ubi open world game is lacking stuff to do.

So I guess we'll see in a month. I'll actually be off that Monday, so I should get to see the livestream. It's one of the more intriguing titles to be sure.

Also this:
http://www.eurogamer...igital-showcase

Looks like Squeeenix is back to being its own voice @ E3 again.

Against all hope, maaaybe they'll let one of the former Eidos studios do smth with one of the Eidos IPs again?
or maybe they'll be publishing some other dev's stuff again (like Life is Strange)

Editagain: also. PC Gaming show is a thing that's happening on the 11th as well.

Here's hoping we'll hear what Obsidian will be working on next after Deadfire.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 16 May 2018 - 03:36 AM

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#23 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:37 PM

Lets test this twitter thing out:

EDIT: Hmm doesn't seem to load. Here's the link: https://twitter.com/...219391997755392

EDIT 2: Now it works. Scroll down on the image for list of games.

A well known source on rumors and leaks posted the above.

It's subject to a bit ofmistrust since there for example isn't a Forza Horizon 4 yet.

But the really curious one is Rage 2. There's been some speculation that DOOM 2: Hell on Earth could come out this fall but what if they did a quick one on us and revamped RAGE? A new Rage with a better vision would be awesome.

I'm also surprised that Just Cause 4 is next up from Avalanche. JC3 was not a good game but on the other hand I do love blowing stuff up in an open world sandbox.

This post has been edited by Alternative Goose: 09 May 2018 - 06:41 PM

#24 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:51 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 09 May 2018 - 06:37 PM, said:

Lets test this twitter thing out:

EDIT: Hmm doesn't seem to load. Here's the link: https://twitter.com/...219391997755392

EDIT 2: Now it works. Scroll down on the image for list of games.

A well known source on rumors and leaks posted the above.

It's subject to a bit ofmistrust since there for example isn't a Forza Horizon 4 yet.

But the really curious one is Rage 2. There's been some speculation that DOOM 2: Hell on Earth could come out this fall but what if they did a quick one on us and revamped RAGE? A new Rage with a better vision would be awesome.

I'm also surprised that Just Cause 4 is next up from Avalanche. JC3 was not a good game but on the other hand I do love blowing stuff up in an open world sandbox.

Errr. Aren't the ex-avalanche guys working on Biomutant now?

Did some wiki-ing and answered my own question.
Avalanche is still an independent studio, and they own the just cause IP, so it's possible Squeeenix and them agreed to make a new one (although according to the wiki, they were more interested in going into self-publishing)

Also, looked up THQ Nordic and Experiment 101, and holy crap, does THQ Nordic own a crapton of IPs. Including some really interesting ones.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 09 May 2018 - 08:20 PM

#25 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:16 PM

Avalanche isn't closed. Just like any large AAA developer people come and go.

#26 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:24 PM

Wow. I haven't thought of Rage since I played it all those years ago. I rented it from Blockbuster (yeah memba them?) when they had a deal where you could rent games and keep them for as long as you want and swap them out for like the price of a couple movie rentals a month (I think it was like $20).

Anyway, I really enjoyed Rage (never finished it). It reminded me of Borderlands and it had some of the better dune buggy diving physics/experience for its time. That's really weird they're thinking of doing a sequel now. I'm not sure if I buy it.

#27 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:51 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 09 May 2018 - 08:24 PM, said:

Wow. I haven't thought of Rage since I played it all those years ago. I rented it from Blockbuster (yeah memba them?) when they had a deal where you could rent games and keep them for as long as you want and swap them out for like the price of a couple movie rentals a month (I think it was like $20).

Anyway, I really enjoyed Rage (never finished it). It reminded me of Borderlands and it had some of the better dune buggy diving physics/experience for its time. That's really weird they're thinking of doing a sequel now. I'm not sure if I buy it.

I can imagine a Zenimax exec sitting at a table with a list of IPs they own, picking one blindly.

They could just do a fallout clone and slap the Rage IP on it just for fun. Y'know, kinda how they did with Prey.

Edit: Bethesda's Twitter is now teasing May 14th with Big Ben, a rocket, and a bunch of pink:

http://www.pcgamer.c...rticle-comments

So it feels like that Walmart thing touched a nerve...

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 10 May 2018 - 10:12 PM

#28 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:54 PM

Other things that are to be presented @ E3: (according to one of the random YouTube clips that's playing in the background while I work)

Remedy is gonna show a new 3rd person cinematic action IP- xbone/PC/PS4

Capcom has an action/adventure for xbone, PC and switch. Could either be a non-sony exclusive, OR (my personal suspicion), a former Sony exclusive being ported to other platforms.

Beth's been teasing more and more stuff since that Walmart fiasco, so it sounds like they'll confirm Rage 2 on Mon. (According to PC gamer and the comments therein)

There's also a lot of random buzz that Rocksteady's next game will be announced and that it's a superman game.
Now I'm not really a big comics person, but superman strikes me as the blandest possible protagonist, so I'm finding it really difficult to stir up any excitement for that, if it's true.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 11 May 2018 - 03:55 PM

#29 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:17 PM

About the Bethesda teasers I don't think they are all teasing Rage. I think each picture signifies a different game. Big Ben I am not sure about. Maybe more Dishonored. The rocket I think is Starfield. The Scavenger is surely Rage. Not sure what the last one is, probably something unknown.

#30 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:35 PM

The conference schedule has been published. Really spacing them out this year.

https://www.reddit.c...=reddit-android

#31 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:00 PM

Ooh, Monday will be exciting. So glad I have that day off!

I'll probably miss some of the Sunday stuff due to soccer. And EA... is there any reason to even bother with EA?

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 11 May 2018 - 07:01 PM

#32 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:49 PM

Oh yeah. Lame ass EA thinks their first to present gives them a leg up, when really everyone is marking Monday and Tuesday as must watch days.

You guys think it will be heavy on VR and 4K/UltraHD this year or more just about games for hardcore gamers?

#33 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:08 PM

Microsoft will probably say 4k a million times again, because they don't have any 1st party games (except Crackdown 3) announced as of yet, so "rock-solid 4K" is their current go-to mantra.
Even if they roll out a half-dozen new exclusives (and who knows, maybe they'll give me reasons to consider upgrading to Win 10 for the "play anywhere" titles) , I doubt there'll be anything groundbreaking coming out before 2019, so I think for now "the best place to play multi-plats" AND "play all your old favorites, now in 4K" will remain big buzzwords for them.

I'm sure most publishers will devote some presentation time to VR, just like last year (except probably EA, cuz, you know, no one is ready for "VR as a service" )

Eurogamer is actually reporting that Sony outlined the 1st party games their presentation will focus on- there's 4 of them and they are (shock!)

Death Stranding
Ghost of Tsushima
Spider-Man
The Last of Us

Along with "exciting announcements from third-party partners" .

#34 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:37 PM

Starting to get pretty hyped for what ever Bethesda unveils tomorrow. I love shooters and I love open world games so it would be hard for them to put me off Rage 2 completely but on the other hand I hope they've evolved the games concept significantly.

From the speculation I have read some think the studio might be Rebellion. Would make sense, they have experience with open world games, though I consider them decidedly middle tier "AA". Then again maybe all they need is more money.

Also saw some speculation on Shadows Die Twice on ResetEra, From Software's new game. Supposedly an insider has stated it's not a new souls/blood-like game but rather a new kind of game that harkens back to some of their older titles. What ever that means.

Microsoft have been talking up their conference. Something about it being their biggest presentation yet or something like that. I suspect that they are going to pull a Sony and unveil a ton of projects that are 2-4 years out.

They probably wont have anything this year besides Crackdown 3 (fingers crossed), Forza Horizon 4 and Ori 2 but I bet they'll tease Fable, Gears, Halo and a handful of unknowns that will make them look good until fans realize their portfoiio is going to remain lean for the next few years.

My dark horse unveil is that they do a re-launch of Halo: Master chief collection. They'll throw in ODST, Reach, Halo 5 and offer some kind of demo/pre-order incentive for Halo 6.

#35 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:54 PM

I did not know Bethesda was announcing anything tomorrow. Do you have a time and link?

Also, I never played Ori and the Blind Forest, but read excellent reviews about it. It's doesn't justify buying an Xbox One X though, does it? You pumped for Ori and the Will of the Wisps, or no?

#36 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:53 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 13 May 2018 - 08:54 PM, said:

I did not know Bethesda was announcing anything tomorrow. Do you have a time and link?

Also, I never played Ori and the Blind Forest, but read excellent reviews about it. It's doesn't justify buying an Xbox One X though, does it? You pumped for Ori and the Will of the Wisps, or no?

I haven't played it, but it's a 2-d Platformer, that's also available on PC, and the specs aren't super demanding- meaning you can probably play it on a typical, non-gaming laptop. So no, I don't see it being worth buying a console for.

RE: Bethesda- following the Wal-Mart leak, both Bethesda's main Twitter and the Rage game twitter started posting cryptic comments. And Beth's own twitter posted several images with 5:14 in them-which most people figure means May 14th, and the speculation is that they'll be making some announcements

#37 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 May 2018 - 11:34 PM

Yeah, I did some googling, It definitely seems like an announcement pertaining to a new Rage title.

All the images they've coyly posted to their twitter can be found here: http://www.ign.com/a...possible-sequel

5 - 14 appears on a few of the images, so yeah, something to be announced tomorrow. Or they are just messing with us.

#38 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:53 AM

Apt seemed to think it might be multiple title announcements. I doubt that, tbh, Beth have to save something for E3

#39 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:55 AM

A lot of the images seem to be specific to Rage so it probably is just the one game they are teasing and not the entire conference line-up. Though now I also hear speculation that New Vegas 2 might be on the table but I think that is just wishful thinking.

Ori and the Blind Forest is a very good but somewhat frustrating platformer. It's very pretty, very atmospheric with incredible art work and score and it plays well. I personally didn't like some of the more stressful sequences where you will die again and again, didn't feel fun.

Definitely worth playing though. Especially now where I imagine you can get with a good discount.

This post has been edited by Alternative Goose: 14 May 2018 - 04:58 AM

#40 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:30 AM

It's just really weird to me that this seems to be targeting Rage. Does Rage have a large audience of devoted fans who love it and have been loudly voicing their desire for a sequel or something? I've just not heard anything about it since I played it way back in 2010/2011 (or whenever it was released). And haven't heard anything about it since that time. It's just really weird to me, I guess. We'll know more after tomorrow. Maybe?

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users