• You cannot reply to this topic

E3 2018 speculation Electronic Entertainment Expo

#61 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 23 May 2018 - 03:21 PM

Devolver's Big Fancy Press Conference is back!

That was absolutely hilarious, I can only hope they can make it good again, and this year they have stuff to reveal (like Serious Sam 4)
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#62 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:20 PM

I'm really hoping they show some good stuff from the new Red Dead Redemption game, I loved the last one and can't wait for this one to come out. Apparently they said it's not going to be pushed back again and should still make it out for it's October release date but we've heard that before.

Also I'm hoping we learn more about the new Super Smash game. There was a supposed "leak" saying it's going to be a new game and not just a port of Smash 4 but I'm not sure how reliable that is. They said it's going to include all the characters from Smash 4 (including downloadable content ones) and the ice climbers will return (because who doesn't love wobbling).

I really hope we get a new Star Wars game sometime soon too, one that EA doesn't ruin terribly. An open world SW game would sell like crazy.
In the language of flowers corn stands for trust.

#63 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:09 PM

View PostGintokian, on 24 May 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

I'm really hoping they show some good stuff from the new Red Dead Redemption game, I loved the last one and can't wait for this one to come out. Apparently they said it's not going to be pushed back again and should still make it out for it's October release date but we've heard that before.

Also I'm hoping we learn more about the new Super Smash game. There was a supposed "leak" saying it's going to be a new game and not just a port of Smash 4 but I'm not sure how reliable that is. They said it's going to include all the characters from Smash 4 (including downloadable content ones) and the ice climbers will return (because who doesn't love wobbling).

I really hope we get a new Star Wars game sometime soon too, one that EA doesn't ruin terribly. An open world SW game would sell like crazy.

EA has 2 teams working on 2 Star Wars games (Respawn and EA Vancouver, I believe).

My expectations are pretty low, because, y'know, EA. If the games aren't ruined by some kind of "live services" BS, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

RDR2 might show up @ E3, but in general, Rockstar tended to avoid E3 for years, so I wouldn't expect much hype-building marketing until later in the summer (maybe Gamescon in August?)

#64 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:35 PM

View PostMentalist, on 24 May 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

View PostGintokian, on 24 May 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

EA has 2 teams working on 2 Star Wars games (Respawn and EA Vancouver, I believe).

My expectations are pretty low, because, y'know, EA. If the games aren't ruined by some kind of "live services" BS, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

RDR2 might show up @ E3, but in general, Rockstar tended to avoid E3 for years, so I wouldn't expect much hype-building marketing until later in the summer (maybe Gamescon in August?)

Yes I'm not too hopeful about the SW games either, I'm just hoping that maybe all the shit they got in before actually gets through to them. Stupidest thing they said was that people don't want single player games anymore, just online stuff. Man did that make me mad, skyrim is still selling 7 years later. An open world game like that only with star wars is my dream.

With RDR2 It'd be nice if they could show some things, they've already delayed it almost a full year they should give us a little bit to keep interest up.

#65 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 24 May 2018 - 07:35 PM

Rare have said they will be showing stuff from the upcoming Sea of Thieves expansions at E3.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#66 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 26 May 2018 - 12:23 AM

New teaser trailer for The Sinking City , with more to come @ E3

With Metro, Darksiders III and Biomutant seemingly delayed, and no word on "Greedfall", this is one of the few titles I'm still looking forward to this year. Good to see it's ramping up its marketing, I can only suspect this means a release date is imminent.

#67 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 29 May 2018 - 02:36 PM

Sigh, Looks like I'll be missing Beth's conference entirely, and possibly Microsoft, depending on whether we get another playoff game for indoor (if we win our game this Sun, we should). It'll be a loooong night, watching replays for the 3 conferences once I get home.

I've been looking into Microsoft's back catalogue for the 360, and... yeah, besides a few shooter franchises, they really don't have any "iconic" truly "exclusive" titles- the bulk of games in the "best of" and "hidden gem" lists are multi-plats. Notable exception is actually Tenchu, which is owned by Activision now, but made a big splash on the Xboxes, and the later games were then ported to Playstation.
Also, for a while Microsoft had "first dibs" on Ninja Gaiden (still owned by Koei Tecmo), but that seems more complicated.

Which means they really need to get their shit together and come up with some exciting new IPs.

Edit: also with the announcement that Killer 7 will be ported to PC, I really want EA to do a remaster/re-release of "Shadow of the Damned" .

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 29 May 2018 - 02:38 PM

#68 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:18 PM

New fallout game reveal:

Not seen any actual info on what it is yet. A real new Fallout expansion or maybe some kind of vault management game perhaps?

#69 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:46 PM

Fallout 76. Apparently taking place 2102, and it's to do with "reclamation", as ppl are only emerging from the Vaults for the 1st time.

There's some buzz it'll be an online game-coming from a Kotaku insider.

Eh, I'm ambivalent.
-the song appears to point to West Virginia? (According to some comments I read)
-as per Beth's own tweet, this is being developed by Bethesda Game Studios. Which kinda means it's more likely to be a "proper" game, and not just a shelter-type spinoff.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 30 May 2018 - 02:56 PM

#70 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:57 PM

Fallout 4 left a sour taste in my mouth. Fallout Shelter 2 on the other hand, now that's a sequel I'd enjoy.

#71 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:30 PM

View PostI am the Bachelorette, on 30 May 2018 - 04:23 PM, said:

I don’t play Fallout so fuck them if they make back to back Fallout titles! I just want my Elderscroll 6. Be 7 years this Nov since Skyrim.

Let me do my best Don mattrick impression:

"We have a product for people who want more Skyrim Scrolls; it's called Elder Scrolls Online."

#72 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:44 PM

I don’t play Fallout so fuck them if they make back to back Fallout titles! I just want my Elderscroll 6. Be 7 years this Nov since Skyrim.

And I'd settle in for at least 3 years more wait. ESO is raking money in, and Beth would need to actually make a new engine before starting work on TES 6

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 30 May 2018 - 04:45 PM

#73 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:59 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 30 May 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

I don't play Fallout so fuck them if they make back to back Fallout titles! I just want my Elderscroll 6. Be 7 years this Nov since Skyrim.

Let me do my best Don mattrick impression:

"We have a product for people who want more Skyrim Scrolls; it's called Elder Scrolls Online."

I find that so disappointing. First star wars did it with their The Old Republic instead of a Kotor 3 and now this? I'd much rather have a good single player open world game than an MMO.

#74 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:07 PM

Bethesda has been attempting to wring as much play out of Skyrim and Fallout 4 with their VR versions announced last year. And with the launch of Creation Club last year to bring modding to consoles. Didn't they even introduce Skyrim to Nintendo Switch?

So, I'm surprised they are announcing a new Fallout game. Damn, I poured a gazillion hours into Fallout 4. I don't think I'm ready for another game just yet.

#75 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:48 PM

They haven't even ported FO4 to the switch yet!

Not to mention the (sure to come eventually) mobile versions

#76 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:14 AM

Do you guys think with the trickle of announcements so far by Bethesda - Rage 2 and now Fallout 76 - that at E3 they are really going to come guns a blazin' and drop an announcement that will make our collective jaws drop? Or are they just playing the capture the attention of gamers before anyone else ploy so they can hold that attention when they present at E3?

#77 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:31 AM

I think the only trick they have left @ this point is Starfield. And whatever Arkane's other team was working on after Dishonored.

The Evil Within team just shipped Evil Within 2. Machine Games are still working on Wolf 2 DLCs, so Wolf 3 is... unlikely. ID is doing Rage 2, and the BattleCry studio is involved with F76

They might announce Dishonored 3. Or another IP by Arkane. That'd be cool.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 01 June 2018 - 01:46 AM

#78 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:50 AM

Like Mentalist says it's hard to imagine that Bethesda has so many games lined up that they have to soft reveal big titles before E3. I believe they've said that this year's conference will be one of their biggest.

More likely it's because of the leaks. Wallmart leaked Rage 2. Maybe some info got out about Fallout 76. Then again they also revealed Fallout 4 early.

A lot of the companies don't actually seem to care about about keeping everything secret for the stage.

#79 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:57 AM

I think they want to build hype before the show.

At this point the only things that haven't been leaked yet are the nature of Remedy's new game, and also EA's star wars games.

We've heard about Rocksteady's Superman; Capcom's Devil May Cry 5 being a very likely thing; SplinterCell (courtesy of WallMart), AssCreed Odyssey....

There's still a question of just what IPs Microsoft will reveal. In the past few days I've heard every single rumour imaginable.

For Sony's conference, I'd also be curious about any announcements from Bandai, since they've really warmed up to the idea of putting their games on Steam recently.

#80 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 01 June 2018 - 03:31 PM

Wtf is it with these rumors of 3 Gears games?

One move that'd probably convert me to Win 10 would be if they enable me to buy former 360 titles on the WinStore. There's like a maybe a dozen titles in the back catalog that are fairly interesting.

It's annoying that of the 7 main presenters, the 2 that've been pumping themselves up as "having their biggest E3 EVER" (Beth and Microsoft) are gonna be happening on the day when I'm likely to be around the least.

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users