• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

E3 2018 speculation Electronic Entertainment Expo

#301 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:57 PM

whoa whoa, what kind of info did they release about the new smash game? I'm at work so I can't watch.

Is it at least a new game and not just a port of smash 4?
In the language of flowers corn stands for trust.

#302 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:08 PM

They released all info that has ever existed about smash it feels like.

I think it's a U port but I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. It's called Ultimate. It has every character that has ever been in the game.

#303 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:08 PM

Also Death Stranding = Deliveroo job simulator.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#304 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:26 PM

View PostI am the Bachelorette, on 12 June 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

This is 50 minutes now. How can Nintendo justify this long a time in their conference?

Smash is super popular, there's a big competitive scene too so it does make sense that they would want to show it off.

#305 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:08 PM

I wanted Mario maker for switch

#306 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:30 PM

Well I think that basically wraps up E3 2018. There's only one thing that is still to air though, the Fortnite Celebrity Pro Am. Any of you guys going to watch?

Some of the celebrities of note that are participating: Joel McHale, Chandler Riggs (Carl from TWD), Jon Heder (Napoleon Dynamite), Ron Funches (comedian).

Disney XD will be airing it (via IGN's E3 coverage).

https://www.epicgame...n-US/pro-am2018

#307 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:54 PM

That was only the first half of E3 for me. The next 3-4 days Giant Bomb does an evening show where they talk about the days events and invite people from the industry and media in for a talk.

It always results in some informative and fun discussions. Dave Lang and friends is a high light but the yearly interview with Phil Spencer has been great as well.

#308 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:16 PM

View PostCause, on 12 June 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

I wanted Mario maker for switch

Me too, I never had a WiiU and heard it wasn't great for the 3DS so I was really hoping for that.

#309 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:39 PM

I think Mario Maker on the Switch is probably harder than we might imagine, when you can't use the tablet to design the levels. You might use the motion control instead but it's not the same.

#310 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:39 PM

So, according to PC Gamer, Cyberpunk is an FPS RPG... where you make your own character in true RPG style.

And Sekiro is Dark Souls, without RPG elements to its combat, that plays more metroidvania, where some areas are gated by needing special equipment to access. Also, you can slot different equipment in the magic-arm, and this combined with your weapon would give you diff. abilities.

Probably loads more info to come, as the previews keep rolling in...
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#311 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:31 PM

What a time to be alive.

#312 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:51 PM

Truly great things are achieved today.

Also, that "Quiet Man" game from Squeeenix? Apparently that's being made by Human Head, the "we were making that awesome space bounty-hunter Prey 2 that Beth canceled" guys.

I'm suddenly kinda interested again, because it's been ages since we heard from them.

#313 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:22 AM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 12 June 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

I think Mario Maker on the Switch is probably harder than we might imagine, when you can't use the tablet to design the levels. You might use the motion control instead but it's not the same.

Switch tablet has touch screen. If it can work on 3ds..

#314 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:23 AM

View PostI am the Bachelorette, on 12 June 2018 - 10:28 PM, said:

Cyberpunk 2077 is most definitely on my radar. The way they didn’t give release date makes me think we will wait till atleast 2020(that feels so weird to type) to get.

I don’t get the toy ships that mount on controllers for Starlink. Guess I shouldn’t be surprised as they now sell cardboard erector sets.. Nintendo is weird sometimes.

It's more about the skylanders model I think. It's a way to monetize games long term by combining physical toys with data.

#315 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:42 AM

View PostCause, on 13 June 2018 - 06:22 AM, said:

View PostAlternative Goose, on 12 June 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

Switch tablet has touch screen. If it can work on 3ds..

It does? Really? I thought I heard specifically that it doesn't do stylus or touch input.

Well, I never take it out of its dock so I wouldn't notice.

#316 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:14 AM

So no mentioned of Metroid Prime 4? Shan't bother watching any of it, then.

*flounces out*

#317 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:35 PM

Metroid isn't coming out this year, so it was not gonna be focus of E3, and everyone knew that. There'll probably be more on it at other Nintendo events-just like Sony, Nintendo do their own events where they release info outside of E3.

For me, Spider-Man join Bloodbourne, Horizon and God of War in the list of "really awesome Sony games to check out whenever I'm eventually in a position to own a system". I would definitely want to know more about Tsushima, cuz the premise feels cool, but the gameplay, while stunning, isn't all that informative, in the sense of "was this the full range of activities we'd be engaging in?"

I've never played a metal gear game (Phantom Pain is sitting somewhere in my Steam library, I think), and I don't recognize almost any of those actors, so "Death Stranding" only sparks some academic interest.

And Last of Us... ionno. I've never been "into" zombie stuff. So I have no strong feelings towards TLOU.

Aside from that: Metro, Dying Light 2, Rage 2, DMC5, Sekiro, Babylon's Fall are the games in the "close future" that feel worth looking into. Cyberpunk, Nioh 2 and BGE2 are same for long-term. Odyssey is intriguing, but I need to actually start with that series at some point first.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 13 June 2018 - 03:37 PM

#318 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:46 PM

View PostMentalist, on 13 June 2018 - 03:35 PM, said:

Metroid isn't coming out this year, so it was not gonna be focus of E3, and everyone knew that. There'll probably be more on it at other Nintendo events-just like Sony, Nintendo do their own events where they release info outside of E3.

For me, Spider-Man join Bloodbourne, Horizon and God of War in the list of "really awesome Sony games to check out whenever I'm eventually in a position to own a system". I would definitely want to know more about Tsushima, cuz the premise feels cool, but the gameplay, while stunning, isn't all that informative, in the sense of "was this the full range of activities we'd be engaging in?"

I've never played a metal gear game (Phantom Pain is sitting somewhere in my Steam library, I think), and I don't recognize almost any of those actors, so "Death Stranding" only sparks some academic interest.

And Last of Us... ionno. I've never been "into" zombie stuff. So I have no strong feelings towards TLOU.

Aside from that: Metro, Dying Light 2, Rage 2, DMC5, Sekiro, Babylon's Fall are the games in the "close future" that feel worth looking into. Cyberpunk, Nioh 2 and BGE2 are same for long-term. Odyssey is intriguing, but I need to actually start with that series at some point first.

From what I've played so far, The Last of Us is not really 'zombie stuff' :p And what I've played so far has been excellent from a story and especially characterisation point of view.

RE: Death Stranding - you don't recognise Mads Mikkelsen? For shame! I've only played Metal Gear Solid 5 (and, actually, the very first original 1980s Metal Gear), and while great as a game sandbox, the plot was some super dumb, convoluted and nonsensical shit. Will Death Stranding be like that? I think it's more likely than not.

For me, there wasn't one standout game showing at this year's E3 in the way of Horizon or Watch Dogs did in previous years. Out of those that showed gameplay as well as a cinematic trailer, probably Spider-Man came closest.

This year's E3 was most notable for just how bad EA's presentation was. I think Bethesda probably had the best one in terms of a good mix of new announcements, updates for older and previously-revealed games, and the style and audience rapport.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 13 June 2018 - 03:47 PM

"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#319 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:53 PM

Yeah, in terms of actual "first time reveals" it was a bit lackluster (well, the leaks didn't help)
I think it's a toss-up between Sekiro and Dying Light 2 for "most intriguing new reveals".

Tsushima was incredibly pretty, I don't think I can stress those grass and leaves physics enough, :p
But I'm still unsure how open world mechanics tie into it- what is there to actually DO besides engaging in very choreographed swordfights- which is why I'm kinda iffy on it.

And then there are the BGE 2 and Cyberpunk trailers, which are both just... jaw-droppingly good. But need gameplay.

#320 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:15 PM

No Borderlands 3. Rumor is it's been pushed to 2020. The Borderlands titles have all released in the Autumn months too. So if they hold to that, and the rumor is true, that's two + years before we see Borderlands 3. I'm guessing we'll see some Borderlands at the next E3?

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users