• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

E3 2018 speculation Electronic Entertainment Expo

#281 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:20 AM

Ok guys. Electro, Rhino, Scorpion, Vulture, Spider-Man is definitely in the discussion for E3 winner. But damn, Ghost of Tsushima had my jaw on the floor.

I really thought Sony had a great conference (aside from the "intermission"). I like how they thumb their noses at how everyone else does their presentations and just lets the games and yes, fucking game play speak for themselves.

#282 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:21 AM

ok, that's basically E3 for me (I don't care bout nintendo, really).

Good stuff, and probably more game previews to come in the coming days.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#283 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:36 AM

View PostI am the Bachelorette, on 12 June 2018 - 02:24 AM, said:

Was Sony good overall?

No opinion on TLOU2

-Ghost of Tsushima looked cool, and it's a very pretty game. I would like to see more regarding just what else is there to do besides swording mongols and bandits, but apparently, the devs, SuckerPunch proved themselves as being capable of good, activity-filled open worlds with the Infamous games, so the track record is good.

- a few VR game announcements; 2 new AAA announcements- Remedy's "Control" (multi-plat). and Nioh 2 (exclusive, but the original Nioh came on Steam eventually, because Koei Tecmo loves money, so teh sequel probably will, too)

Death Stranding showed gameplay (mostly montage), but it's confusing as usual. I don't think anyone actually understood anything about it, besides teh fact that you spend portion of your time doing deliveries (?) and another portion evading invisible monsters that one-shot-kill you.

Spiderman gameplay was solid, looks up to par with the Batman Arkham games from what we've seen, though there's still a question of how QTE-heavy it'll be, since none of the gameplay slices showed interface or much of a HUD

I'd say, pretty solid showing. No closing thoughts, just let the games do the talking.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 12 June 2018 - 02:37 AM

#284 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:25 AM

Okay, it's 5 o'clock in the morning. Time for some Sony news and running commentary.

Last of Us is a hell of an opener.

That's a very well animated kiss. Very touching moment followed by a whole different kind of intimacy. That's some intense neck stabbing.

This whole game approaches an AO rating with that evisceration. Jesus that's uncomfortable.

Really tight combat. Great combat and character animations. The way she reacts to getting shot. The speed and camera zoom when she runs. The executions. This game is terrifying.

Naughty Dog remains in a class of its own.

Sean Layton is a very personable executive. He seems like a less smug Phil Spencer. More human EA guy.

They really seem to be stretching out the intermission. I wonder if they really only have those 4 big Sony games.

Wait no. Here's a Destiny trailer... wait... no in depth information? These transitions are weird.

Ghosts of Tsushima time? Are they going to change room/venue with every game?

That's a nice looking open world. Is it open world or is it just the illusion of openness?

Oh shit he just Bushido blade'd those motherfuckers. That's some deadly sword play.

This is some samurai ass presentation. I can't say I am entirely sold by the game or the player character but this looks cool. Super atmospheric.

What is this? Death Stranding? It looks like Remedys Quantum Break.

Control? I am on board for that.

Resident Evil 2 Remake? Oh sweet. I don't believe they can recapture just how amazing RE2 looked and felt upon release but still.

I'll never play it because I am a pussy but I'll definitely watch a let's play.

Trover? Hmm I'd expect a better performance from the Rick and morty guy.

Kingdom Hearts. I can't wrap my head around that game. The concept is fun but every chunk they show just seems to be all over the place. Oh January release date? That's surprising.

Death Stranding. Here we go. Confuse me more. Gameplay? That dude has a very strong back. What the fuck is that guy carrying?

What is that gameplay?

What the fuck did she just eat? Was that a mini clone baby?

I am not sure what Death Stranding even is now depending on that gameplay.

Wow Nioh 2 announcement? Seems fast.

Spiderman time. Oh lots of villains in this. Electro, Rhino, Scorpion. Is this a sinister six scenario? I fucking love Scorpion.

Nice looking sequence. Very excited for Spiderman this fall.

Was that it? Weird, oddly paced conference. Definitely the weakest, meagerest conference Sony has done in years.

I'm gonna echo what I just heard one of the Giant Bomb guys say. That Death Stranding showcase made me less excited for Death Stranding. What is the actual meat and potatoes of that game?

I think Microsoft was much stronger this year.

This post has been edited by Alternative Goose: 12 June 2018 - 04:27 AM

#285 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:46 AM

In terms of sheer novelty, I think Microsoft might actually take it, followed by Beth, and then Sony. Honourable mentions to Squeeenix (for announcing 2 new IPs) and Ubi (for showing gameplay in 4 games). PC Gaming and Devolver were solid, but not the same weight class. EA was just garbage.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 14 June 2018 - 04:38 PM

#286 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:32 AM

Haven't watched any of the Sony stuff yet, but must admit I watched the Odyssey gameplay demo a couple of times and felt quite excited.

#287 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:58 AM

Okay, Naughty Dog wins :p

#288 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:43 AM

The Naughty Dog demo was pretty incredible. I also think their choice of content is interesting. They got a lot of criticism or... lets call it concern from people who get easily outraged, about how violent the last trailer was. What with the hanging and person getting their arm smashed to bits. So what do they do? Double down on the violence and show somebody getting literally eviscerated. Say what you will but Last of Us is a mature ass video game.

#289 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:19 AM

Nintendo conference at 18.00 here. Not expecting anything special but I am dying to get more details on Switch Online and Nintendo Classics.

I bought my Switch to play the old games. Give me some SNES games and rerelease me some Wii and WiiU games and I will be happy.

Can't wait to play Captain Toad.

#290 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:45 AM

I'm hoping there'll be something of Metroid Prime 4. I may actually buy a Switch for that one.

#291 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:20 PM

Just watched the Last of Us bit - yeah that was intense. I'm not sure I'll ever manage to play that one as I'm never very good at the sneaking bits...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#292 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:40 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 12 June 2018 - 09:19 AM, said:

Nintendo conference at 18.00 here. Not expecting anything special but I am dying to get more details on Switch Online and Nintendo Classics.

I bought my Switch to play the old games. Give me some SNES games and rerelease me some Wii and WiiU games and I will be happy.

I'd love it if they released some Gamecube games for the switch, like super smash bros melee or windwaker would be amazing.
In the language of flowers corn stands for trust.

#293 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:40 PM

View PostGintokian, on 12 June 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

View PostAlternative Goose, on 12 June 2018 - 09:19 AM, said:

I'd love it if they released some Gamecube games for the switch, like super smash bros melee or windwaker would be amazing.

I want every Nintendo game that is not restricted by hardware issues (their would be very few, maybe a few wii u games that need 2 screens) to become available. I guarantee you some guy will make homebrew emulation possible, so why cant Nintendo just let me go on to the damn store and buy them legally. I bought the megaman legacy collection, it offers a save game feature. One save file is possible! I can have better options off a free emulator. I don't regret paying for it but seriously? I don't know why Nintendo hates money and I don't know why they pretend emulation is so hard.

#294 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:03 PM

Nintendo conference started. That's a cool looking mech game. And Demon ex machine is a hell of a title.

This post has been edited by Alternative Goose: 12 June 2018 - 04:04 PM

#295 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:14 PM

Lots of games I don't care about but Overcooked seems like a no brainer.

#296 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:17 PM

Hmm. I think I might check out that Octopath Traveler demo.

#297 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:21 PM

I've about 40% through playing the first Last of Us, so skipped the TLOU2 trailer in the Sony conference (please no spoilers, I've managed to avoid them for so long!).

Sony's cemented it - this was definitely a year for updating on previously-announced games rather than focusing on brand-new titles. Surprised that we didn't see more from Dreams but apparently it will be playable at E3. Otherwise, I liked what I saw of Ghost of Tsushima and Spider-Man. Not interested in the Rick&Morty-esque thing (I started off really enjoying that show, but the more I watched, the more I grew to dislike everything about it). Control gave me serious Quantum Break vibes - unsurprisingly, being the same developer. Almost nothing about PSVR, interestingly (and a little worryingly).

Sony really focused on their own studios and exclusive partners this year, rather than giving an indie game showcase or featuring independent studios as well (aside from Remedy).
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#298 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:31 PM

This sure is a lot of Smash Bros info.

#299 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:44 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 12 June 2018 - 04:21 PM, said:

I've about 40% through playing the first Last of Us, so skipped the TLOU2 trailer in the Sony conference (please no spoilers, I've managed to avoid them for so long!).

Sony's cemented it - this was definitely a year for updating on previously-announced games rather than focusing on brand-new titles. Surprised that we didn't see more from Dreams but apparently it will be playable at E3. Otherwise, I liked what I saw of Ghost of Tsushima and Spider-Man. Not interested in the Rick&Morty-esque thing (I started off really enjoying that show, but the more I watched, the more I grew to dislike everything about it). Control gave me serious Quantum Break vibes - unsurprisingly, being the same developer. Almost nothing about PSVR, interestingly (and a little worryingly).

Sony really focused on their own studios and exclusive partners this year, rather than giving an indie game showcase or featuring independent studios as well (aside from Remedy).

Apparently, all those little animated interludes were made using Dreams

#300 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:46 PM

That was it? Booooo. I assume they just do a tree house live stream later but I wanted Online info!

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users