• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR AKA Thanos Comes to Town

#1 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:39 PM

Holy Shit!

Black Panther: "...and you get that man a shield."

Aw YES!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 29 November 2017 - 01:52 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#2 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:16 PM

Looks fantastic! I hope he kills like half the Avengers :p

I Am Groot.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#3 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:34 PM

Whats that 4 armed creature?

Why is Thanos so dangerous by the way, without the infinity gauntlet I mean. He is still regarded as terrifying by everyone. He is a character I have always only experienced tangentially before.

#4 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:46 PM

View PostCause, on 29 November 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

Those are Black Dwarf's warriors I think (He's one of Thanos 4 Black Order lieutenants) who he brings with him to Attack Wakanda.

Why is Thanos so dangerous by the way, without the infinity gauntlet I mean. He is still regarded as terrifying by everyone. He is a character I have always only experienced tangentially before.

He's the Mad Titan. A super being in his own right with the following powers:

Superhuman strength, speed, durability, and longevity
Energy manipulation
Telepathy
Telekinesis

When you add in the full Infinity Gauntlet, he becomes essentially a Celestial (Omnipotent God of the universe), which is why they need to stop him.

But yeah, he's got all kinds of powers that make him a MASSIVE threat.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#5 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:41 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 29 November 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

Those are Black Dwarf's warriors I think (He's one of Thanos 4 Black Order lieutenants) who he brings with him to Attack Wakanda.

He's the Mad Titan. A super being in his own right with the following powers:

Superhuman strength, speed, durability, and longevity
Energy manipulation
Telepathy
Telekinesis

When you add in the full Infinity Gauntlet, he becomes essentially a Celestial (Omnipotent God of the universe), which is why they need to stop him.

But yeah, he's got all kinds of powers that make him a MASSIVE threat.

I feel like I should emphasize that the above powers mentioned are many orders of magnitude greater than most other marvel heroes or villains. He is in his own right a demi-god level cosmic being.

He's the kind of monster that, depending upon the writer, punches a moon and it explodes.

#6 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:42 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 29 November 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

I feel like I should emphasize that the above powers mentioned are many orders of magnitude greater than most other marvel heroes or villains. He is in his own right a demi-god level cosmic being.

He's the kind of monster that, depending upon the writer, punches a moon and it explodes.

Yep. He's NEXT LEVEL to all the heroes on earth or in space. It's why they always have to team up against him.

#7 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:58 PM

In theory can any one super hero take him? I doubt it very much, who doy uguys think he's killing to make a statement? Ironman, Antman and Vision.

Is Silver Surfer the most powerful Marvel character?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#8 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:02 PM

*mannish squee*
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#9 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:28 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 29 November 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

In theory can any one super hero take him? I doubt it very much, who doy uguys think he's killing to make a statement? Ironman, Antman and Vision.

I think Peter goes down first (scenes of him in the Iron Spider outfit taking on Thanos directly seem ton indicate that...but will be resurrected by the Gauntlet), and then I think the major casualties are... Tony and Steve both go down permanently.

#10 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:29 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 29 November 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

I think Peter goes down first (scenes of him in the Iron Spider outfit taking on Thanos directly seem ton indicate that...but will be resurrected by the Gauntlet), and then I think the major casualties are... Tony and Steve both go down permanently until Marvel brings them back, because money.

ftfy.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#11 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:52 PM

Depends upon if you mean comics or movies. The movie universe is a bit down scaled in terms of powers. We don't even really know how powerful movie Thanos is. From the movie roster, only Thor and Hulk really have a chance in a one on one fight with him but they wouldn't be able to beat the comic version I think.

Silver Surfer is Thanos levels of strength but his strength is just a sliver of strength granted to him by Galactus. Galactus is one of three cosmic beings that represent the cycle of life and death of the universe. Think of him like a sentient force of nature. But even Galactus pales in comparison to the Beyonders who are basically Marvel's version of our real world Jehova.

I guess it comes down to who or what you define as a viable on screen character. In theory even Death, the sibling of Galactus, is a character. Since Thanos is her lover. But you don't really have a fist fight with something that eats planets.

#12 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:02 PM

View PostBriar King, on 29 November 2017 - 04:30 PM, said:

Nobody has mentioned the gauntlet that was in the vault of weapons in Thor that Cate quickly dismisses. This trailer confirms what we all knew was going to happen.

The gauntlet in Odin's vault as of RAGNAROK is a fake. The real one was taken from Asgard by Thanos in the post credits scene of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON.

#13 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:19 PM

All I can think of when I see that huge powerful jaw is Superman flying in and punching it to powder.

Really. I love the Marvel universe. But my favourite comic book thing is Superman punching things, especially if said things are super powerful beings confident in their power.

#14 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:49 PM

This would be the moment where I got the opposite pleasure of seeing a character, shrugging off Superman's punches and then whooping Superman's ass. Nothing gives me more pleasure then seeing people beating up that over-powered mary sue.

#15 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:10 PM

I'm a bit underwhelmed. It's a bit lacking in flair for me so far.

Silver Surfer can't be the most powerful Marvel character by definition because his powers are gifted to him by someone else (Galactus).

There was one comic in which (spoilers for Marvel: Anihillation I suppose, an event which I highly recommend if you haven't read it, though it's not the major plot of the book)
Spoiler

It's difficult to say who the most powerful one is because their levels go up and down sometimes quite drastically, but the one who's had the most powerful showing who's currently in the MCU is probably Scarlet Witch, though she doesn't even seem to have the same sort of powers in the movies, let alone at the level she did when House of M happened.

This post has been edited by polishgenius: 29 November 2017 - 06:11 PM

I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#16 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:14 PM

Is it weird that Thanos is pink? Wasn't he like slate gray throughout the previous movies? Why is he pink now?
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#17 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:24 PM

It's not just that he is pink. He looks like a human sort of fat, working class shrimp factory worker. Much like Apocalypse it seems like Hollywood just doesn't know how to make super villains look monstrous.

#18 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:29 PM

He kind of reminds me of that rock guy from Fantastic Four, but pink.

#19 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:34 PM

Thanos has always been purple in the movies, as he is in the comics- just previously he's always been very badly lit.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#20 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:41 PM

View Postpolishgenius, on 29 November 2017 - 06:34 PM, said:

Thanos has always been purple in the movies, as he is in the comics- just previously he's always been very badly lit.

That is more of a magenta or fuschia than a purple... At least purple is somewhat intimidating.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users