• You cannot reply to this topic

Weinstein Celebrity Dead Pool

#721 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:22 PM

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 31 December 2018 - 01:58 PM, said:

View Postworry, on 31 December 2018 - 02:58 AM, said:

This waste of space sex predator is gonna make more money than ever reciting the dumbest people on earth's hell-opinions back to them.

Aside from all the sex stuff, this is just not funny. It's just out-of-touch, crotchety, malicious humor.

His humor used to be good.

Most of that blurb had potential. He is working out material and it will get more polished if he doesn't drown in another wave of outrage.

The Parkland bit he will probably need to lose and will quite probably set back the comeback. He is used to having a wide license on saying shocking things because his persona was accepted. Now, both on dirty humour, and things which touch closer to hot button topics, he is going to need to be more careful. Twitter is a drought ravaged forest for him right now. Any set will leak, and any joke could set the outrage ablaze anew.
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#722 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:02 PM

https://www.thedaily...o-the-alt-right

"They're like royalty!" he said. "They tell you what to call them. 'You should address me as they/them, because I identify as gender-neutral.' Oh, OK. You should address me as 'there' because I identify as a location. And the location is your mother's fruitloop."

Fruitloop is supposed to be the so-called c-word, but the forum is censoring it.

"They testify in front of Congress, these kids? What are they doing?" he said. "You're young, you should be crazy, you should be unhinged, not in a suit… you're not interesting. Because you went to a high school where kids got shot? Why does that mean I have to listen to you?… You didn't got shot, you pushed some fat kid in the way, and now I've gotta listen to you talking?"

You've gone classy, Louis, real classy! Posted Image
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#723 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 December 2018 - 08:15 PM

Holy hell. "Potential." That's so far beside the point it's past the horizon. The point is he was lying when he said he was gonna step back and listen, he was lying when he apologized to the women he abused, he never had any plans to atone for what he did to them or anyone else, and he's changed tacks to appeal to the only people left who will have him, the kind of sewer dwellers who use 'SJW' as a pejorative.

@Prim, respectfully, he abused a position of power even when he "asked". It's not weird, it's coercive. He "asked" women who trusted and respected him as a successful, experienced elder statesman in the business. He got them alone, using their trust in him to his advantage, and sprung the topic of sexually gratifying him on them. He also "asked" employees of shows he was working on, sometimes persistently. He made them feel unsafe in their place of work, tainted their career hopes and ambitions. He drove women not only out of particular jobs, but out of the industry.

Like, what if this was any other job? Would you say a coach asking a potential recruit if he could masturbate in front of her was just being "weird"? Or would you think he was taking advantage of his position, and that she would very reasonably (if in a panic state) have her career (past, present, and future) flash through her mind? Would it not be reasonable to expect it to affect the way she subsequently performed, or the way she interacted with teammates and coaches in the future? Would it not, in many cases, diminish or warp the passion she had for the sport in the first place? And as a thought experiment, just to yourself not as a post, see if you can imagine how many women (you can do this with other groups too, but in this case let's stick to women) have been disincentivized (to put it mildly) from pursuing careers due to the weird behavior of men like LCK over the years? Women who've suspended, delayed, or abandoned career paths. Like if you had to estimate, would it be in the hundreds? The thousands? The millions?

That's before we get to him pushing women into bathrooms or standing in front of the hotel room door so they couldn't leave, while he's "asking" them.

This post has been edited by worry: 31 December 2018 - 08:23 PM

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#724 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 31 December 2018 - 08:28 PM

Well, in my defense, I was only aware that he had asked some of them, not that he had blocked the door when doing so. That part really does take the whole "asking" part out of the equation.

#725 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 December 2018 - 08:37 PM

Well, I didn't mean it aggressively, like you have to defend yourself. I guess it is kind of a wall of text which inherently seems like a screed, sorry. But I really am saying it more in the spirit of just a request to "think of it this way." But I wanted to be thorough too, and I do very much believe the "asking" stuff isn't separate from the other abuse.

This post has been edited by worry: 31 December 2018 - 08:39 PM

#726 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:57 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 31 December 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

https://www.thedaily...o-the-alt-right

"They're like royalty!" he said. "They tell you what to call them. 'You should address me as they/them, because I identify as gender-neutral.' Oh, OK. You should address me as 'there' because I identify as a location. And the location is your mother's fruitloop."

Fruitloop is supposed to be the so-called c-word, but the forum is censoring it.

"They testify in front of Congress, these kids? What are they doing?" he said. "You're young, you should be crazy, you should be unhinged, not in a suit… you're not interesting. Because you went to a high school where kids got shot? Why does that mean I have to listen to you?… You didn't got shot, you pushed some fat kid in the way, and now I've gotta listen to you talking?"

You've gone classy, Louis, real classy! Posted Image

I went and listened to the whole set. It's hilarious. Probably some of the funniest bits I've heard from him in years. That part about pranks had me laughing so hard I was choking.

https://youtu.be/R8Nc3x_TkF4

I don't see anything wrong with the material. It's shock humor mixing offensive material with willful obstinance. Typical Louis CK stuff.

He should add a bigger segment addressing the me too stuff more directly but I'd understand if he wants to be careful.

#727 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:09 PM

With regards to Louis CK. As far as I’m concerned you don’t get a comeback tour the same year you were brought up on the offences. Take the Gibson route, do some ACTUAL penance, take some classes, be actually sorry for the shit you pulled. And then take a decade or so out of the spotlight...after that... maybe...until then...fuck your comedy Louis CK, you can rot in purgatory for all I care. Go be a goddamned toll taker on a pay highway. Don’t think you can get straight back into comedy. It’s not going fly.

I mean, unless Worry is right and he’ll just pander to Right Wing assholes in the Bible Belt...in which case...ugh.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 01 January 2019 - 08:09 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#728 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:25 PM

It's actually been over a year already. Time flies.

Also, please, his humor is mainstream, it's just the progressive/liberals who want to claim that any joke about race, sex or gender makes you alt right.

#729 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:56 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 01 January 2019 - 08:25 PM, said:

it's just the progressive/liberals who want to claim that any joke about race, sex or gender makes you alt right.

Apt you should do some penance, take some classes, and be actually sorry for this Rush Limbaugh level trolling!

#730 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 January 2019 - 09:21 PM

Here's a solid article -- not lacking in whatever degree of empathy one could still offer LCK -- that cogently and accurately tackles what his 'comeback' material really is. In the context of what he did, what he said when he acknowledged what he did, and how it (doesn't) track with the character of his own comedic history. And how it's not exactly novel, but is rather disappointingly and pathetically familiar territory.

https://www.theatlan...ed-tape/579220/

#731 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:30 AM

If my boss or co-worker invited me to his or her hotelroom during a work trip and promptly asked to masturbate in front of me, that would be an immediate HR issue and a quick firing. Especially if it had happened more than once.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#732 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:47 AM

View Postworry, on 01 January 2019 - 08:56 PM, said:

View PostAlternative Goose, on 01 January 2019 - 08:25 PM, said:

it's just the progressive/liberals who want to claim that any joke about race, sex or gender makes you alt right.

Apt you should do some penance, take some classes, and be actually sorry for this Rush Limbaugh level trolling!

Did I stutter? Louis CK was doing this material for years and he was probably the world's most popular and respected comedian. Now all of a sudden, his material is alt right? Please.

As always with this kind of humor, it's about intention. The above quoted bits are a part of a longer set where he's commenting about how political correctness evolves. It's completely standard stuff.

#733 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:49 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 02 January 2019 - 09:30 AM, said:

If my boss or co-worker invited me to his or her hotelroom during a work trip and promptly asked to masturbate in front of me, that would be an immediate HR issue and a quick firing. Especially if it had happened more than once.

But... You agreed to go to his/her hotel room? Surely you know what that means?

It's like asking if a date wants to come up for a drink or see your stamp collection.

#734 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:00 AM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 02 January 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

But... You agreed to go to his/her hotel room? Surely you know what that means?

It's like asking if a date wants to come up for a drink or see your stamp collection.

What? No. What kind of world do you live in?
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#735 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:16 AM

What Morgoth said.

What??

#736 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 02 January 2019 - 02:12 PM

I.... I hope you're joking.

The last time I heard a version of that argument, it was a horrible little toad giving it as "if a girl stays the night, that's consent". I've never left a room as swiftly in my life.

No. Agreeing to be in the same room as someone is NEVER an acceptance of a sexual invitation.

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 02 January 2019 - 02:12 PM

- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#737 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 02 January 2019 - 02:30 PM

This is like dating 101.

You go out on a date or you chat somebody up at a bar or party. You hit it off. You feel like there's the possibility this could go further. So you ask "you wanna come up to my place?". The date then reciprocates with "you're sweet but [fake or genuine excuse]" or they say sure but you also make sure what the intentions are by stating what the deal is. Like, no funny business or vice versa.

If somebody asks you if you want to go up to their hotel room that's an invitation for sex.

I thought this was basic dating/hook up rules.

Edit: but I also see where things go wrong if somebody thinks there's implied intent in an offer and the other person is apparently oblivious to such signals.

This post has been edited by Alternative Goose: 02 January 2019 - 02:35 PM

#738 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 02 January 2019 - 02:39 PM

And yet you keep sending me those pictures... :(
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#739 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:56 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 02 January 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

This is like dating 101.

You go out on a date or you chat somebody up at a bar or party. You hit it off. You feel like there's the possibility this could go further. So you ask "you wanna come up to my place?". The date then reciprocates with "you're sweet but [fake or genuine excuse]" or they say sure but you also make sure what the intentions are by stating what the deal is. Like, no funny business or vice versa.

If somebody asks you if you want to go up to their hotel room that's an invitation for sex.

Edit: but I also see where things go wrong if somebody thinks there's implied intent in an offer and the other person is apparently oblivious to such signals.

I think the difference is that if you hoop up with someone at a bar or go on a date with someone, then yes, you're absolutely right. But since these were, I think, employees, the situation is a little different.

#740 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:11 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 02 January 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

This is like dating 101.

You're making the entirely wrong set of assumptions here and it's causing you to say some extremely bad things.

Comedy shows usually feature a group of people who know each other from being at comedy shows for a long time. There's a lot of hanging out, getting feedback, learning the ropes, doing politics to get ahead or get gigs, drinking, occasional hookups. The nature of the business means that when out of town, hotel rooms sometimes become sort of basic hangout areas for comedians.

There's some blurring of professional lives and personal lives, but there's also lots of people who try to take advantage of the blurring to do things like Louis CK did. He very specifically targeted women to come over to do the usual hanging out that isn't sexual and then proceeded to masturbate in front of them or over the phone etc. He did this in a way that used his greater fame and comedic connections to keep the women there and to ensure that they didn't kick up too much of a fuss when rejecting him. He then used his connections to keep a few of the women from getting jobs. Those actions are really wrong and he's not actually apologized for doing them or shown remorse.

There's none of this "oh your presence in my hotel room means that something sexual is going to happen" in this dynamic. You can read the accounts of the women describing how Louis CK acted and what he said. It's pretty clearly exploitative and wrong.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

Share this topic:

• 62 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users