• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weinstein Celebrity Dead Pool

#1221 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 September 2023 - 09:15 AM

On a side note, how repulsive do you have to be to be suspended by GB News (an attempt to make a Fox News channel in the UK)?

I'm sure he'll rant about freedom of speech and will get his job back before too long.

BBC News - GB News suspends Laurence Fox over on-air comments about female journalist
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66932538
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1222 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 27 September 2023 - 12:19 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 27 September 2023 - 09:15 AM, said:

On a side note, how repulsive do you have to be to be suspended by GB News (an attempt to make a Fox News channel in the UK)?

I'm sure he'll rant about freedom of speech and will get his job back before too long.

BBC News - GB News suspends Laurence Fox over on-air comments about female journalist
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66932538

Laurence Fox is so completely off the deep end...like even people in his family who kind of avoided defending him OR taking him to task like SILENT WITNESS's Emilia Fox have written him off now. Like his social media posts are unhinged conspiracy rants now.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#1223 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 27 September 2023 - 03:06 PM

Interestingly enough, the other presenter on GB News who was with Fox on this interview has also been suspended. The man is Dan Wooton who IIRC used to be the editor of Murdoch toilet paper rag The Sun.

So another top mind cancelled by the woke mob 😂
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1224 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 27 September 2023 - 05:57 PM

It's a bit grim that Wootton has been suspended for this, and not for the credible allegations of sexual assault, entrapment and blackmail plots that were reported about him a couple of months ago.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#1225 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 27 September 2023 - 06:08 PM

Again the issue of evidence versus allegations.
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#1226 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 03 October 2023 - 02:06 PM

IDK how many of you might remember all those Abercrombie and Fitch ads of handsome muscular shirtless men that inundated the United States back in the aughts...

Former Abercrombie & Fitch boss accused of exploiting men for sex

[...] paid to fly out to Jeffries' properties and luxury hotels around the world, with modeling opportunities with Abercrombie & Fitch promised as an additional reward.

[...] "didn't feel safe to say 'no'" to sex with Jeffries. [...]

"This experience, I think it broke me," [....]

Jeffries stood down as Abercrombie & Fitch CEO in 2014 after more than two decades at the helm of the teen fashion giant.

[...] Jeffries wanted Abercrombie to be seen as an exclusive club for wealthy teens, famously saying in an interview in 2006: "A lot of people don't belong [in our clothes], and they can't belong. Are we exclusionary? Absolutely."

By the time Jeffries departed, the company [...] faced lawsuits for alleged racism

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 03 October 2023 - 02:08 PM

#1227 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 16 November 2023 - 11:23 AM

Stumbled on this yesterday (it's a month or so old) but the case against Brian Foster seems to not have been limited to his partner Ashley Johnson.

Critical Role star Ashley Johnson and six other women allege verbal and physical abuse by Brian Foster

I've copied the headline as is but there are also sexual abuse and stalking allegations involved. One of the women is Ashley's sister, alleging inappropriate stuff against her in front of her children, and two others are current Critical Role staff alleging bullying and inappropriate advances with threats of violence if they didn't comply.

It doesn't make for pretty reading but it fits the pattern of a manipulative abuser.

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 16 November 2023 - 11:24 AM

- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#1228 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 22 November 2023 - 02:46 AM

I missed it but Kevin Space was cleared of all charges in the USA and the UK aswell. Does someone know the details? He was dropped from house of cards and the show died and his career died. I thought it was clear cut and believed many men came forward. Apparently none of the charges have stuck? Was he innocent, is it grey?

#1229 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 22 November 2023 - 12:51 PM

I can't remember the specifics but I recall reading something about him making a minor public appearance in the UK after he was cleared and getting a standing ovation. I also remember thinking it was the kind of audience that would give a standing ovation in those circumstances (said as someone who has never voluntarily given a standing ovation for anything - I only ever stand due to social pressure!). What I remember of the acquittal is that it was emphatic. I think he's trying to revive his career. He must be paying a fortune to a image consultants and agents somewhere!

Key question is are we allowed to like The Usual Suspects again? Will Fred Clause be on this Christmas?
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#1230 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 07 December 2023 - 11:42 PM

Amid an unprecedented act of violence during the 2022 Academy Awards, there was one man who presented himself as a symbol of peace.

[...] For years, the hip-hop mogul had positioned himself as someone reflective, thoughtful, and compassionate.

[...] But over the past several weeks, “Brother Love” appears to be someone quite the opposite.

[...] Diddy and Harve Pierre, the former president of Bad Boy Entertainment, were accused of gang-raping a 17-year-old high school junior in 2003. This lawsuit follows three other recent cases that accused Diddy of sexual misconduct—including one filed by his ex-girlfriend Cassandra “Cassie” Ventura, who accused him of beating her and forcing her to be intimate with male sex workers. He and Ventura reached a settlement.

[...]

This is an astonishing fall from grace for a man who’s built a career off the persona of being a fun-loving, positive-vibes-only success story. Growing up as a Black millennial, I saw Diddy as the embodiment of a successful Black man who was confident, business-savvy, and fashionably cool.

[...] Unlike his other hip-hop mogul peers, he leaned into a nice-guy charm that included being a devout father, mentor, and coach for up-and-coming talent.

[...] Seeing how so many people in the industry are now coming out of the woodwork to share stories of how allegedly abusive he’s been has made me view his legacy as a facade—a fraudulent attempt to divorce himself from any true image of the man others have known him to be.

Turns Out Diddy’s ‘Brother Love’ Persona Was a Total Sham (thedailybeast.com)

Among her claims: that Combs coerced her, over a number of years, into having sex with male prostitutes while he watched, masturbated, took pictures and shot video as part of a ritual he called “freak offs”; that after learning she referred to her grandfather as “Pop Pop,” Combs insisted she refer to him by that nickname; and that Combs once threatened to blow up the car of one of Ventura’s former partners, the rapper Kid Cudi. Soon after he made that threat, Kid Cudi’s car exploded in his driveway. Cudi’s attorney confirmed this story, which happened in 2012[...]

[...] But the claim that really caught my attention was this: [...] security staff burst in to say that Knight had been seen at a nearby restaurant. According to the lawsuit, Combs hurriedly got dressed, gathered a number of guns [...] and headed toward Mel’s, hoping to confront Knight.

[... Davis claims] that Combs offered to pay $1 million for the deaths of Shakur and Knight. [...] Davis said Combs first asked him and the Crips to work security for Bad Boy artists [...] “Puffy would give us tickets to be at their Bad Boy west coast shows. We went everywhere with them fools. We’d meet up with them at the hotel, get the tickets and go with them. I used to ride in the van with the nigga. Crips were backstage deep at most of those west coast shows,”

[...] But Davis wasn’t officially arrested [for the murders] until earlier this year.

[...] In Davis’ version of events, he never explicitly says Combs asked him to kill anyone, giving both of them plausible deniability.

Puff Daddy lawsuit: Why Cassie’s allegations against Sean Combs didn’t surprise me after my reporting on Tupac’s death. (slate.com)

Share this topic:

• 62 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users