• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weinstein Celebrity Dead Pool

#1 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:30 PM

Somebody raised this idea in the "Let's talk about Sex" thread. Since it's off topic and also plausibly in pretty poor taste, I'll post it here instead.

What's your short list of people you expect will either come out or be outed as having done something shitty in the aftermath of the Weinstein #MeToo stuff? Pick 5-10 soon to be falling stars. Bonus points for picking longshots.

Justin Bieber
Robert De Niro
Bruce Willis
John Goodman
Bill Murray
Conor McGregor
John Cleese

Long shots:
Jon Stewart
Stephen Colbert
John Oliver

I feel like these three form this trifecta of "do gooder" types that are just a bit too clean and better than everyone else. They've got to have some skeletons in their closets.

Impossible: Keanu Reeves.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Alternative Goose: 12 November 2017 - 04:32 PM

#2 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:04 PM

Oh come on how is Tom Cruise and John Travolta not on the list? Have you seen their eyes?

#3 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:11 PM

Tom Cruise for sure.

Impossible
Tom hanks

Upsetting
Ryan Reynolds

#4 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:42 PM

I would probably throw in every action movie star from the 80s onward. Along with the directors. I just think the atmosphere at that time was perfect for that kind of behavior. Plus you know, cocaine, lots of cocaine.

Also, expect to see more comedians. Comedians are such flawed people. Some say that is why they are so funny, but I also think they have a lot of skeletons in their closets.

To name some names off the top of my head. Michael Bay, obvi. And George Lucas. Maybe not so obvi but he was real close buddy buddy with Michael Jackson. And he definitely has the money to pay off / cover up his crimes. I would not be surprised if some adult male came forward and said Lucas did things to him when he was a child.

One name you will never see is Conan O'Brien. My Consey would never! Ever!
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:53 PM

Mike Myers
Johnny Depp
Christian Bale
Kevin Feige
Jeff Goldblum
Steve McManaman
and some big name from Hamilton (but not Lin-Manuel Miranda)

Impossible/deeply upsetting: the entire cast of Whose Line Is It Anyway

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#6 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:31 AM

Likely:
Buddy Holly

Unlikely:
Paul McCartney

#7 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:18 PM

For some reason I don't really see either Tom Cruise or John Travolta being potential offenders.

Intensely creepy, fake fascial expression hiding a dead soul - sure, but I imagine that whole Scientology thing governs every aspect of their life. Unless they are asked to breed with other members I don't really see it.

I think it gets less shocking the older the person is. There's just this notion that as the generations have changed, more awareness governs peoples behavior.

I guess, we'll never see that long anticipated Benny Hill Show resurrection we've all been longing for now ;)

#8 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:51 PM

I await a lengthy list of music producers and record label execs

#9 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:02 PM

I will put votes down for:
Conor McGregor!
Justin Bieber!

View PostAlternative Goose, on 13 November 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

For some reason I don't really see either Tom Cruise or John Travolta being potential offenders.

Intensely creepy, fake fascial expression hiding a dead soul - sure, but I imagine that whole Scientology thing governs every aspect of their life. Unless they are asked to breed with other members I don't really see it.

I think it gets less shocking the older the person is. There's just this notion that as the generations have changed, more awareness governs peoples behavior.

I guess, we'll never see that long anticipated Benny Hill Show resurrection we've all been longing for now ;)

Tom Cruise and Scientology may have already played this game. They set up some member to be his girlfriend and then when he lost interest they basically acted like the whole thing never happened. According to scientology documentary. Scientology has done some crazy (torture) stuff to its members. Sexual abuse hardly seems beyond possible.

#10 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:25 PM

I watched Murder on the Orient Express over the weekend, and the most surprising thing to me was that Johnny Depp has not yet been accused post Weinstein.

#11 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:35 PM

Ohh, Murder on the Orient Express is out in the cinemas? Was it good?

Don't spoil the film for me, I've never read the book but I do love me some old school mystery crime novels.

#12 User is offline   nicetrout 

• Sergeant

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:44 PM

Heard average things about the new adaptation but you should check it out if you're into that type of thing. Or just rent an old copy of it.

A classic story with an awesome ending

#13 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:04 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 13 November 2017 - 04:35 PM, said:

Ohh, Murder on the Orient Express is out in the cinemas? Was it good?

Don't spoil the film for me, I've never read the book but I do love me some old school mystery crime novels.

It was decent. The lead was great and I wouldn't mind if they make more movies.

#14 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:13 PM

I think Travolta is a forgone conclusion to be honest.

I think his little weird late night/early morning (3AM) selfie/intro himself to a male stranger at the gym stint a few years back showcases he was not above using his celebrity to perhaps insert his presence where it might not be wanted. The guy said he didn't feel "uncomfortable"...but he "knew what was happening when it happened" (which speaks volumes for the "vibe") the idea that Travolta would think that since he was at the gym at 3AM and so was this other dude...that going to up start an impromptu convo/possibly hitting on him seems weird to me on a creepy level for the situation and the time of day.

So yeah, I think Travolta could be on the list of offenders...but it won't happen while Scientology has its stars tamped down as hard as they do (information-wise)....David Miscavige would go apoplectic if one of his big stars turned out to go down post-Weinstein...so anything they do know about him....isn't coming out any time soon without someone breaking ranks.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#15 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:05 PM

George Bush Sr. Up to 3 now.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#16 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:21 PM

View PostGust Hubb, on 13 November 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

George Bush Sr. Up to 3 now.

Does everyone know his "jokey" way of explaining himself in the situations? It's old-man gross...

He asks if the person knows his favourite magician and they say no and he says "David Copp-a-feel"

But yeah, I'm not surprised. I think a lot of old men pull this kind of shit and think it's okay and harmless. It's not...but they seem to think it is.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#17 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:09 PM

The game aspect of the thread does skeeve me out (sorry!) but I won't rain on your parade. People need a pressure valve from this barrage of constant awful news.

I will say, in the where there's smoke there's fire category, the most smoke by far hangs around Bryan Singer, and it's very much as bad as the Kevin Spacey stuff.

Johnny Depp is already a wife-beater, and faced pretty much zero consequences for it (including getting to be in the Fantastic Beasts franchise and other kids fare).

One of the weirder items to come out recently is that Allison Mack (of Smallville and I dunno what else) is in Keith Raniere's sex cult (that part seems to be undisputed, and she might have founded it with him as a subgroup of his larger self help cult) and is recruiting other women to join (that is the gossip/tabloid part, but seems to be the general M.O. of the group, which literally brands the women with a hot iron).
https://www.cinemabl...omen-for-a-cult
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#18 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:35 PM

View Postworry, on 13 November 2017 - 08:09 PM, said:

One of the weirder items to come out recently is that Allison Mack (of Smallville and I dunno what else) is in Keith Raniere's sex cult (that part seems to be undisputed, and she might have founded it with him as a subgroup of his larger self help cult) and is recruiting other women to join (that is the gossip/tabloid part, but seems to be the general M.O. of the group, which literally brands the women with a hot iron).
https://www.cinemabl...omen-for-a-cult

This actually came out a while before the Weinstein stuff caused the watershed....everyone inexplicably ignored it though. It's gaining more traction now is all. What's weirder is that it was fellow SMALLVILLE alum Kristen Kreuk who got Mack INTO the cult when Kreuk's then-BF got her into it...Kreuk recruited Mack. Kreuk and her BF split up and Kreuk left the cult....but Mack not only stayed, she's apparently become the leader's #1 person...like Marceline Baldwin Jones, Bonnie Nettles, or Rachel Jones of this particular cult.

BTW, you can YouTube videos of her and Keith....and it's EXACTLY as weird as you expect it to be...she's seemingly spellbound and totally brainwashed.

#19 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:23 PM

Attached File  58TDBK.jpg (54.14K)
Number of downloads: 0

#20 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:33 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 13 November 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

Danny masterson, from that 70’s show, is a Scientologist accused of violently raping four women in the church.

This post has been edited by Raymond Luxury Yacht: 13 November 2017 - 09:35 PM

Error: Signature not valid

Share this topic:

• 62 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users