Mafia 145.75 - Unalted Werewolf Keeping it simple

#101 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:05 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 12 October 2017 - 08:02 AM, said:

View PostI N, on 12 October 2017 - 07:30 AM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 12 October 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

As for why the names ones so far aren't dead - well aside from one potentially being the killer, it's because we can spend all game talking about why they're not dead and lynching them. Dastardly clever of the killer. We must not be sucked in. We must think outside the box. Perhaps, but possibly not, even outside the Mess box.

And you're always gonna push this argument because you're always the first on why-are-they-not-dead-yet list so why should we take you serious about this?

Because statistically there's only a 1 in 6 chance I'm a killer - those are tiny odds! The only way I can prove it, however, is if you lynch me. So you could go ahead and do that. Or we could work this out as a team, using our combined intelligences. First step: I do believe the killing of Siergiej is an interesting choice. That's clue number 1. Next: Do we think the killer was on the lynch train? I suspect yes. Let's put together those two things and see what horrific hybrid we come out with.

You're really coming out of your shell here huh?
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#102 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:49 AM

Not at all. I was born without one :)
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#103 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:51 PM

Shells can be soft.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#104 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:53 PM

View PostMessremb, on 12 October 2017 - 06:15 AM, said:

Agreed on Khell still being alive. Not so sure about me, I have phases of just being absolutely retarded. At least there isn't any mechanics for me to get worked up about. Ment has a good game but can also totally lose it.

You are discounting Nom et al a little too much for me to be comfortable with, they've grown quite accomplished. The omission of LB also raises my hackles a little but since there isn't a symp I'm not going to dwell on it.

A quick glance at Sergeij shows that either I'm scum playing by the Venge killer rules in which case Sergei or Khell die for voting me or someone wants me to look like I am. Now I can be silly at times but to NK someone whose only interactions on thread are with me?

Now of thread people most likely to know the Venge rules are you, me, Ment, LB, Khell. Ment has been a little too absent for them to be scum, same for Khell. You've made your second role pick of me, what do you think of LB - they're my current favourite scum but I'm going to have to read back to establish why I'm thinking that. This'll be after I finish my glass of wine (it is 7am after all, nearly time for bed) and sleep on it.

Nom, what are your thoughts?

I haven't been playing for a while, so I have no idea on the capabilities of those 2. I just go with where I left off. I mostly put you in that category based on hearsay. Khell and Ment are from experience. And I never let Bliss live long enough to get a feel for her mettle.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#105 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:53 PM

Though I do hear that she is bad ass scum.
~Abyss

#106 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:55 PM

So let us put all our powers together then. My day 1 analysis with whatever else you all specialize in (I thought Ment was an endgame genius and Khell was just goddamn hard to kill).
~Abyss

#107 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:58 PM

Agreed on Khell still being alive. Not so sure about me, I have phases of just being absolutely retarded. At least there isn't any mechanics for me to get worked up about. Ment has a good game but can also totally lose it.

You are discounting Nom et al a little too much for me to be comfortable with, they've grown quite accomplished. The omission of LB also raises my hackles a little but since there isn't a symp I'm not going to dwell on it.

A quick glance at Sergeij shows that either I'm scum playing by the Venge killer rules in which case Sergei or Khell die for voting me or someone wants me to look like I am. Now I can be silly at times but to NK someone whose only interactions on thread are with me?

Now of thread people most likely to know the Venge rules are you, me, Ment, LB, Khell. Ment has been a little too absent for them to be scum, same for Khell. You've made your second role pick of me, what do you think of LB - they're my current favourite scum but I'm going to have to read back to establish why I'm thinking that. This'll be after I finish my glass of wine (it is 7am after all, nearly time for bed) and sleep on it.

So as I listed, based on day 1, you are my next suspect. And now you have this line. It is almost as if you are heading off accusations before they are even leveled. That reeeeeeeks of scum. Just reeeeeks. The only thing that grabs my attention faster is someone doing a D-day numbers analysis on day 1 (yes it happened. And yes, it was scum).
~Abyss

#108 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:58 PM

Vote Mess

Money where mouth is.
~Abyss

#109 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:09 PM

It is Day 2. 23 hours and 22 minutes remaining

6 Players still alive: Gust Hubb, I N, Khellendros, Lady Bliss, Mentalist, Messremb

4 votes to lynch, 3 votes to go to night.

1 Vote for Messremb ( Gust Hubb )

Players not voted: I N, Khellendros, Lady Bliss, Mentalist, Messremb
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#110 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:42 PM

As for why the names ones so far aren't dead - well aside from one potentially being the killer, it's because we can spend all game talking about why they're not dead and lynching them. Dastardly clever of the killer. We must not be sucked in. We must think outside the box. Perhaps, but possibly not, even outside the Mess box.

And you're always gonna push this argument because you're always the first on why-are-they-not-dead-yet list so why should we take you serious about this?

Because statistically there's only a 1 in 6 chance I'm a killer - those are tiny odds! The only way I can prove it, however, is if you lynch me. So you could go ahead and do that. Or we could work this out as a team, using our combined intelligences. First step: I do believe the killing of Siergiej is an interesting choice. That's clue number 1. Next: Do we think the killer was on the lynch train? I suspect yes. Let's put together those two things and see what horrific hybrid we come out with.

Statistically, you are as likely the killer as I am since we were both killers in the last game. Of course, lightning does sometimes strike twice in the same place...
If I were the killer I would probably have targeted Ment, because, well Ment, so the wolf is not targetting popular grudges.
Now that I think about it, the only person that wouldn't have killed Ment is Ment.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#111 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:44 PM

View PostGust Hubb, on 12 October 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

So as I listed, based on day 1, you are my next suspect. And now you have this line. It is almost as if you are heading off accusations before they are even leveled. That reeeeeeeks of scum. Just reeeeeks. The only thing that grabs my attention faster is someone doing a D-day numbers analysis on day 1 (yes it happened. And yes, it was scum).

Catching up backwards...
I am not going to follow you again. I may vote for you.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#112 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:19 PM

Overslept, give me a moment to catch up
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#113 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:21 PM

I guess we're doing this the old-fashioned way, through clear, logical, deductive reasoning. Fortunately, we have all long been known as particularly strong in this department, so if anything, this game just got easier.

For my part, I want to go back to my instinctive mistrust of Mess. It's only logical.

Yes clear logical deductive, that's something we usually have round here. You crack me up Khell.

So gut is logical? :)

Anyway there's no symp this game so you're out of luck there
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#114 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:27 PM

Andorion, Gust Hubb, I N, Khellendros, Lady Bliss, Mentalist, Messremb, SiergieJ
5 Votes for Andorion ( Gust Hubb, I N, Khellendros, Lady Bliss, Messremb )

So we're going to clear Ando (dead, CF town), Siergeij (dead, CF town) and Ment (AWOL) of being scum? That is sheer genius Khell.

#115 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:29 PM

View PostGust Hubb, on 12 October 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

I haven't been playing for a while, so I have no idea on the capabilities of those 2. I just go with where I left off. I mostly put you in that category based on hearsay. Khell and Ment are from experience. And I never let Bliss live long enough to get a feel for her mettle.

I'm flattered.

You normally NK LB when she's Healer, no?

#116 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:31 PM

View PostMessremb, on 12 October 2017 - 07:29 PM, said:

I'm flattered.

I'm surprised you remember! He usually kills me when I'm his symp too.

#117 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:33 PM

View PostGust Hubb, on 12 October 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

Well yeah, I was off to bed shortly. I'm sure we've all had it where some BS is levelled whilst we're AFK and we return to find we've been lynched or are at L-1 for nothing. Although I was mistaken, Siergeij did also ask Bliss if she was the wolf so there was some interaction there too.

#118 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:36 PM

View PostLady Bliss, on 12 October 2017 - 04:42 PM, said:

Statistically, you are as likely the killer as I am since we were both killers in the last game. Of course, lightning does sometimes strike twice in the same place...
If I were the killer I would probably have targeted Ment, because, well Ment, so the wolf is not targetting popular grudges.
Now that I think about it, the only person that wouldn't have killed Ment is Ment.

Stats used badly. Assuming random distribution past roles bear no relevance on distribution this time.

Do people think a quick lynch before Ment returns is worth it to potentially eliminate him from contention as he'd not have had a chance to submit orders?

#119 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:37 PM

View PostLady Bliss, on 12 October 2017 - 07:31 PM, said:

View PostMessremb, on 12 October 2017 - 07:29 PM, said:

I'm flattered.

I'm surprised you remember! He usually kills me when I'm his symp too.

Well to be fair *everyone* seems to NK you when you're Healer...

#120 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:47 PM

Should we start getting concerned about Ment? I've got an image of him in a full body cast using his nose to type a message to the football team saying of course he'll still play tomorrow...

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users