• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Destiny Series Gather Guardians and prepare yourselves

#561 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 June 2020 - 02:30 PM

I went to the Tower to see the destruction and aftermath from the The Almighty crash, and all I got was this lousy emblem.

^^ apologies, poor attempt at "all I got" t-shirt humor. Posted ImagePosted Image

I also looked around the EDZ for any sign of the crash and damage, didn't notice anything different. Didn't The Almighty crash somewhere in the EDZ?

#562 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 June 2020 - 02:53 PM

Might be become a new zone perhaps?

One hour till Bungie event begins.

#563 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 June 2020 - 04:31 PM

So, they're not making a Destiny 3 any time soon. That's on the one hand, not that surpring, it's a "live game", that's carried by a huge playerbase but you'd think they would be thrilled to make that jump in performance and processing. They better be utilizing that SSD. The load times between planets and zones is preposterous.

#564 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 June 2020 - 04:52 PM

Mercury, Io, Titan, Mars, Leviathan and ALL related activities and quests are being taken out of the game in September.

This is my most hated aspect of live service games. I get that they reserve the right to change things, but one day it turns into something entirely different from the product I originally paid for (and I have to pay to access the new version), and I’m no longer able to go back to enjoy that piece of the product at my leisure. I guess now that these areas are all free to play, it makes the decision for them to remove it that much easier.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#565 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 June 2020 - 05:00 PM

It's the Disney Vault model. I think that if they periodically swap out content to "Next-Genify" it while swapping in older D1 content that's a fair deal. There's already too many zones for one to regularly visit it all.

#566 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 June 2020 - 05:10 PM

When they first mentioned a ‘Destiny Content Vault’ it sounded like a separate space/game where they could put older content which you could choose to download and play or just ignore and save your hard drive space for the new stuff. But no.

I mean, they said ‘oh, we didn’t want to just leave all this stuff behind like we did with Destiny 1.’ So your solution is to delete it?! I can still go and play stuff from D1 if I wanted to. It’s not left behind for the consumer.

I understand they intend to, in future, bring stuff back with some slight rejigging. And then presumably, charge you for that again. This is not a game or business model I can enjoy, and I think - he says dramatically - this is goodbye to D2 for me.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#567 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 June 2020 - 05:15 PM

Posted ImageLight Fall - 2022. .....; wither and die D2, welcome D3? I really want to fight against the light.

#568 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 June 2020 - 11:53 PM

So with The Almighty being brought down, I guess you're supposed to talk to Zavala in the Tower and Ana Bray on Mars to get some 'wrap up' dialog about what happened. I talked to Zavala and got his dialog specific to what happened, but I get nothing from Ana Bray. Am I doing something wrong? Any you guys experience this?

Also, just an aside, were any you Guardians getting repeated crashing upon quitting your session and logging out when Season of the Worthy was first introduced? For me it coincided with the "quality of life" updates that rolled out. One of those QoL updates was to change the player menu screens. They moved the log out of Destiny location. When I would use it, the game would crash. They fixed it because the crash is no longer happening. I was just curious if anyone else experienced that.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 09 June 2020 - 11:54 PM

#569 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 June 2020 - 05:44 PM

I guess with the update this week and the Season of Arrivals, Xur's first appearance since these changes has seen him be more relevant. Supposedly he's been pretty worthless for some time now, but presumably not anymore. Any you Guardians get over to him yet? What does he offer/what can you get?

#570 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 June 2020 - 05:59 PM

Okay, full disclosure; I barely touched last season (Season of the Worthy). Didn't even get my power level up to meet the baseline requirement to play Trials of Osiris. So I am woefully under powered to have a go at the offerings with Season of Arrivals (dungeon and new public event). I need to know from you experienced Guardians of the cohort, those who have seasoned battle and whose first blooding has been recorded in the hall of heroes. Those who have the battle scars to back it up - - - what is the fastest way to advance Power Level? I would like to get my PL up to the 1000 range so I can even entertain the audacity of giving some of the new activities a try. Please help!

#571 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 14 June 2020 - 06:16 PM

I think you can buy a level boost from the micro transaction store.

#572 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 July 2020 - 05:42 PM

huh, just read a headline that a new character facial edit system may be introduced. I went with the Exo for my Warlock, so not sure how much variety they can offer with that race. I'll be interested to give it a go if this is true. I imagine there will be many possibilities with the Human or Awoken races.

#573 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:04 PM

This is good news. I tried making an Apocalypse looking awoken and ended up with a surprised looking dragqueen.

#574 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 July 2020 - 10:28 PM

Does anyone know what the huge pyramid ships are about? (they are hovering over IO, Mercury, Titan & Mars). The one over IO devours the sky and below you can see a beam shooting down from it doing work or something. I started a quest from Zavala that has something to do with these pyramids I think. What's the deal?

#575 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 July 2020 - 04:07 AM

I can recommend watching some of My Name is Byf's videos on Destiny's story if you're out of the loop.

#576 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 July 2020 - 03:14 PM

Wait, so these pyramid thingamabobbers are tied somehow to a lot of planets and older end game activities being retired and going into Bungie's "vault" concept this autumn? This is the story that is interwoven into the road map by Bungie? Wut! Da Fuq!

So, ostensibly, there's going to be some huge rigmarole that happens, yeah? Like, things are building and crescendoing towards a never before experienced event in the Destiny universe? I guess something will be happening every week during the resets that inches towards this cataclysm, yeah? Well, I guess it behooves me to stay active and check things out every week.

How will they work into the lore the fact that there are these so called 'vaults' now, where you can play this old content? Like possibly some training simulator to provide Guardians experience and gear to fight the ongoing battles? Like a revisit to glories of the past / learning simulator? Also, what's to become of the NPCs on those planets?

Posted Image

#577 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 July 2020 - 06:33 PM

There is something new and interesting, experience wise, I think Bungie has introduced into Destiny. So, I've been grinding away, trying to attain more powerful gear in order to break down and increase the PL of my favorite build out (attempting to hit that Trials threshold -1010, almost therePosted Image). During this grinding, I've attained gear, mostly weapons, that I never knew existed. They are bonkers craycray too (at least some of them are). Are these new to SoA? Its been a pleasant and unexpected reward loop in that regard. I've banked them and plan on running different build outs to see what capabilities they have. Any you Guardians jumped back in and experiencing this same reward loop game play?

#578 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 July 2020 - 07:41 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#579 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 16 July 2020 - 08:00 PM

Son of a bitch. Now I'm conflicted. Do I jump back into Destiny anyway for my yearly binge? Or do I wait and run into the clusterfuck of Next Gen releases? I think I might just try to push Destiny to January or when ever then. At least I'll be playing on Series X or PS5 and the load times will be tolerable.

#580 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 July 2020 - 04:44 PM

H-O-L-Y S-H-I-T!!! Did y'all Guardians see that new Beyond Light trailer from that Xbox thingamabobber?

Dayum! Hmmmm mmmmm! shit is looking sexy A uh fuuuuuuk!. Those new super capabilities made my taint quiver, you best damn believe. Wield the Darkness, bizzzzznatches!

*disclaimer, no oozing purulent crawling nobules from the dingle berries of Zzzraknorbark the Vomitous Shamble were hurt during the making of this trailer.

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users