• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Destiny Series Gather Guardians and prepare yourselves

#581 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 31 July 2020 - 08:24 PM

I haven't really drilled into the details of what is coming with Beyond Light, but I did scan over some recent article that says the Cosmodrome will be making a return in some form or another. That really got my attention. I loved the Cosmodrome area from og Destiny, it was my jam! I'll be excited to see what they do with that. Expectations are new Crucible maps, but they better, hopefully, bring back some end game zone activities you can play - Strikes, public events, lost sectors, patrols, etc.

#582 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 August 2020 - 09:25 PM

Well color me tickled! Iron Banner is back and when I go visit Lord Saladin in the Tower, I can actually turn in the tokens I've accrued since Christmas 2019. Meaning I'm not stuck on completing "get 20 kills in Control with a Rocket Launcher." Damn, I can turn in a metric butt-load of these Iron Banner tokens. Gonna get a fuck ton of gear from it.

Hopefully the desingers of this dumbshit don't do that again. Give us the option to turn in the tokens or not. But don't lock us out for some asshole quest that is a pain in the ass grind Sisyphus torture to complete.

#583 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 September 2020 - 05:18 PM

So it has been about a month since I jumped in with any intent to do something and play for any extended time (Solstice of Heroes just isn't my thing). But I did see a blurb about the NPCs on the planets with the pyramids hovering over. Seems as if they have been busy packing up. So I jumped back in and went to Asher Mir on Io and Sloane on Titan and yes, they have containers arranged around their area, like they are getting ready to leave. Supposedly there is to be a continuation of this "evacuation" event (mission/quest?), but not sure how the push back of Beyond Light will play into that. I'm guessing it will be stretched out?

[EDIT] About the evacuation, someone is going to bite the dust, right? I mean, with something this big, everyone isn't going to make it out. That would only seem logical in my view.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 02 September 2020 - 05:42 PM

#584 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 September 2020 - 10:12 PM

Hey Guardians, sup?

You guys been staying up on what the haps are with TWAB? I've been too busy, but I'm thinking more juicy details are coming out as Beyond Light gets closer. So, if you guys have the tea, please spill it and let us know what has your attention.

and may the collapsed urethral proboscis of Vizzborgarg the Lecherous never spray its vile payload your direction.

#585 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 October 2020 - 07:43 PM

Anyone jumping into Beyond Light day 1? Damn, what Bungie has put out recently about it, Beyond Light lookin' sexier than a peanut butter pie chillin' in the fridge next to a cold bottle of milk.

I may have to finally pay for some D2 DLC/expansion content. So far only rockin' vanilla, with the DLC they've made free. Fuck I hope they release Forsaken and Shadowkeep into the free air. *fingers-crossed.

#586 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 22 October 2020 - 03:14 AM

I'll play it after the December next gen version releases.

Not particularly interested in the expansion itself, ice powers and Fallen on Europa isn't a terribly interesting insentive. Of course I haven't been paying attention to the Darkness story unfolding either so maybe that will be good.

#587 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 28 October 2020 - 10:22 PM

Schedule to coincide with Beyond Light release. Well, I'm let down. I was hoping they would have released the Forsaken expansion for free. On the plus side, I will be visiting the Cosmodrome. That is going to give me so much nostalgia enjoyment. If I recall correctly, the Cosomodrome is the first area you land in original Destiny, yeah? Do you think they will pay homage to that loot cave glitch that every Tom, and Harry Dick were spamming back in the OG Destiny days? Remember that shit? First time I came across that I was like "why the hell these fools standing on this mound and shooting at that cave." I then joined in on the fun when it dawned on me what was going on.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 29 October 2020 - 02:18 AM

#588 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 November 2020 - 10:21 PM

Anyone going to see what's going on with this last weekly reset before Beyond Light comes out? Last time I was on was to see if there was anything interesting with the Festival of the Lost Halloween event about a month ago, and that was briefly because is was same ol' same ol'. I'll probably jump on sometime this week just to see if there is anything unique happening prior to Nov. 10 Beyond Light release.

#589 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 November 2020 - 06:49 PM

Some guesses on what live event activity might happen before BL drops next week. >Three 'Destiny 2' Days To Watch The Week Before 'Beyond Light' Arrives

I can see myself maybe getting on this Saturday, but I am not going to play a coy game of guessing when they will do something live, so I most likely will just watch a video of anything after it has happened, like that collision event that happened earlier this year.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 05 November 2020 - 12:33 AM

#590 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 November 2020 - 04:45 PM

Dang, the Beyond Light update started this morning when I turned on my PS4. 70Gb. That's a strange one to begin on Sunday. Also I think I read that this early update(I believe Tuesdays are usually the release window) is only for the PS4. If that is true, I wonder why that is the case?

#591 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 December 2020 - 12:33 AM

This announcement diminishes my accomplishments. Booooooo.
Posted Image

In other news. If you haven't checked out the Dawning yet, you should get in to take in the sights at the Tower at least. I don't recall the snow (snow banks and packed snow) effects being this prominent at previous Dawning celebrations.

#592 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 January 2021 - 08:19 PM

Picked up those community event awards. Did the bare minimum and put forth a fraction of a fraction contribution to the cause. I wasn't going to grind that again, can't be bothered. With the awards I picked up some nice gear, but none of it was amazing.

#593 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 03 February 2021 - 06:49 PM

The new season, Season of the Chosen, starts Feb. 9.

Do any you guys know what H.E.L.M. is? That's new right? Asking cause I am still only rocking vanilla D2 with DLC they made free. I'm guessing I'll be locked out of it unless I buy the new season. Just curious to know what it is.

Posted Image

#594 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 February 2021 - 03:41 PM

It is new. The Seasons are just 'battlepass' in other games. You aren't locked out but unless you buy in you aren't going to get most of the rewards.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#595 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 February 2021 - 07:27 PM

Well, you do get locked out of stuff that is season specific. For example the current season, Season of the Hunt, I can't do any of the Crow's activities. He's that guy on the Tangled Shore next to Spider. I believe he made his appearance with the Season of the Hunt, could be wrong, but any of the things he has says I must first purchase Season of the Hunt to access them. I guess they are reward based, but not the same as the season point progression you get as you acquire season experience which has various rewards to unlock as you continue playing and getting experience in the active season.

H.E.LM. seems interesting. I will see what it's about when it goes live.

#596 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 February 2021 - 08:06 PM

Really? I thought you weren't locked out of stuff so long as you had the current Expansion.

I'm probably not going to buy the pass for the next season because I'm just not feeling Destiny at all.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#597 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 February 2021 - 02:52 AM

Season of the Chosen is live. Try it yet? I'll probably set aside some time this weekend and see what's available for vanilla D2 players. I anticipate like past seasons, there will be some quest that is season specific that I will be able to complete the first step on and then beyond that it will require me to purchase the season. I'm interested to see what else will not be locked behind the season paywall that is new. I'm not hopeful there'll be much, but I'll see what's what. Expecting maybe an hour or two of doing the rounds on everything before I'm out of new stuff to do. That's probably expecting more than what I will play though, tbh.

#598 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 February 2021 - 09:27 PM

If you guys haven't tried out the new Battlegrounds mode in Season of the Chosen you owe it to yourself to at least try it out. If you like Strikes, Battlegrounds should scratch that itch. It's got a really cool story with it also. The enemy race you fight in this mode are the Cabal (which are my favorite) and I have to say, Bungie really got the Cabal shield with phalanx dynamic right with this mode. I've had the expirence playing where I was really impressed with how the enemy sets up with a phalanx of shield walls to give you an imposing challenge. It is the first time, from my playing D2, that I've seen that executed to maximum effect by the Cabal. You better be good with those accurate shots to bring those shields down.

#599 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 April 2021 - 06:22 PM

blech, Guardian Games is back. Color me bored. Didn't really do anything for me the first go. Guessing it will be more of the same. *suits-up Embrace the grind.

#600 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 May 2021 - 05:51 PM

New season starts next week. Season of the Splicer. Don't know anything about it. Here's a trailer.

I'm still only rockin' with vanilla D2 (+ free DLC Osiris & Warmind), so I'll jump on, do what is available until the majority of it is locked behind the season paywall.

I forget, is Bungie going to continue with this strategy in foreseeable future? And there is no Destiny 3 no where in sight? Maybe another upcoming DLC?

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users