• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Destiny Series Gather Guardians and prepare yourselves

#261 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:03 PM

The best vanilla exotic I had was probably Nezarec'a Sin, a Warlock helmet which gave more super energy for Void kills. Combined with my Void energy Uriel's Gift rifle, it meant I could unleash up to three Nova Bombs per PVP match.

Of course, after they buffed Vigilance Wing and Graviton Lance, those were THE guns to have in PVP, especially after you masterworked them (full auto Vigilance Wing was awesome)
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#262 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:22 AM

Found my first very confusing moment with the Forsaken changes: Patrols. In the original version, there was a quest you got from Cayde to unlock patrols, but this no longer appears to exist (in fact, you no longer speak to Cayde or Ikora at all at the Farm, when before you did after you returned them from their respective planets - and you don't get your first legendary gun from Zavala either!).

Loads of bounties talk about completing patrols, but eventually I had to Google how to unlock them as nothing in game tells you...apparently you have to reach level 50 + 1 and then they unlock.

#263 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:41 AM

The patrols unlock after the campaign I think. It's not level based.

#264 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:43 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 11 October 2018 - 04:03 PM, said:

The best vanilla exotic I had was probably Nezarec'a Sin, a Warlock helmet which gave more super energy for Void kills. Combined with my Void energy Uriel's Gift rifle, it meant I could unleash up to three Nova Bombs per PVP match.

Of course, after they buffed Vigilance Wing and Graviton Lance, those were THE guns to have in PVP, especially after you masterworked them (full auto Vigilance Wing was awesome)

Currently my favourite weapon is the Cerberus+1. It's a 4 barrelled assault rifle with terrible range and precision. It's a great up close weapon though. Like a sort of auto shotgun with heavy damage. Kills regular mobs in droves.

#265 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:15 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 12 October 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

The patrols unlock after the campaign I think. It's not level based.

I've done the main campaign but no patrols as yet. I'll see what happens after I go past level 50 (currently 34).

#266 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:11 PM

I don't know if it's a PS4 thing or a new players with Forsaken thing, but I'm finding it very irritating that people are constantly completing the public events without activating the Heroic version first, which gives you much better rewards.

#267 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:38 PM

huh, I'll be damned. Read that Bungie has announced if you buy just the Forsaken DLC, you will get Curse of Osiris and Warmind with it (do not have to pay for these DLCs individually). It's too bad, I wish they would have done this on the release date for Forsaken, I might have gotten back into Destiny 2 then. It's just too close to RDR2 for me to get into D2 at the moment, however. Hopefully they will not revert back to charging individually for Osiris and Warmind later, because I can see myself paying for Forsaken and playing it eventually. I'm not, however, going to pay for shitty DLC just to get the good Forsaken.

#268 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:06 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 12 October 2018 - 09:38 PM, said:

huh, I'll be damned. Read that Bungie has announced if you buy just the Forsaken DLC, you will get Curse of Osiris and Warmind with it (do not have to pay for these DLCs individually). It's too bad, I wish they would have done this on the release date for Forsaken, I might have gotten back into Destiny 2 then. It's just too close to RDR2 for me to get into D2 at the moment, however. Hopefully they will not revert back to charging individually for Osiris and Warmind later, because I can see myself paying for Forsaken and playing it eventually. I'm not, however, going to pay for shitty DLC just to get the good Forsaken.

Meanwhile, fools like me who bought it a week before they announced this, will get two emotes and a banner by way of compensation :)

Edit: I don't actually feel aggrieved, but only because I managed to get it for cheap on EBay.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 12 October 2018 - 11:07 PM

#269 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 13 October 2018 - 05:40 AM

I feel pretty fucked by that change. The expansion pass was like 40 dollars in Danish currency. And we get some fucking emotes and tokens as a good will gesture? Fuck that, upgrade me to year 2 expansion pass instead.

#270 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 October 2018 - 11:58 AM

After the disastrous reception Osiris received and the meh/tepid feelings most had for Warmind, Bungie should have released Forsaken and included these free from the start. But you know, greed. So, once again, they've managed to piss off a percentage of their player base. Keep up the good work Bungie.

I said way back after all the shit that went down with Eververse, microtransactions, and Osiris that Bungie had a lot of goodwill to earn back for me to put it back into regular rotation of games I actively play. Even with the excellent reviews Forsaken has received, I think I still need more in order to jump back in.

#271 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:22 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 13 October 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

After the disastrous reception Osiris received and the meh/tepid feelings most had for Warmind, Bungie should have released Forsaken and included these free from the start. But you know, greed. So, once again, they've managed to piss off a percentage of their player base. Keep up the good work Bungie.

I said way back after all the shit that went down with Eververse, microtransactions, and Osiris that Bungie had a lot of goodwill to earn back for me to put it back into regular rotation of games I actively play. Even with the excellent reviews Forsaken has received, I think I still need more in order to jump back in.

How about joining our raid gang? :)

#272 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 October 2018 - 05:28 PM

I might later on, like early 2019 at the earliest. I've played D2 only once since they had that disappointing Valentine event and have since uninstalled it to make room for the 100+ GB RDR2. Besides, I only have vanilla D2 and so probably can't participate in 90% of the team activities.

#273 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 15 October 2018 - 02:34 PM

I finished the Curse of Osiris campaign. That was on the whole pretty dreadful. Brought back memories of the chopped up and confused D1 campaign. The Garden World mission was good, but other than that...that was really poor.

I've also just noticed the crippling infusion costs for exotic gear. What were they thinking with that?

I'm now level 47 and about 470 light level, so getting there! I wonder if we could attempt the Leviathan raid with 4 - probably won't manage to complete it but we may get some distance. And there's also things like Nightfalls, which require a 3-person fireteam.

#274 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 15 October 2018 - 03:12 PM

Wouldn't mind trying the nightfall. Might help getting the light lvl up.

#275 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 October 2018 - 01:37 AM

Ah man. I see that the 'Festival of the Lost' (Halloween event) is going live on Oct. 16 (back for the first time in D2). Damn, I wish they would have done that last year, friggin assholes. I had a lot of fun when they did this for Destiny 1. Damn, I may have to reinstall just to get up to those fun Halloween shenanigans like I did back then. Loved having one of the spooky themed masks and running up on people in the tower and activating the 'boo!' emote. Also had a great time doing the themed little quests. I guess this one is going to feature a murder mystery. I wonder if you can play it with just vanilla Destiny.

#276 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 16 October 2018 - 04:23 AM

I believe they've repeated that they want their events to be playable by all owners of the base game.

#277 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:25 AM

I read there is going to be something about a 'haunted forest" set in the Curse of Osiris DLC location known as the 'Infinite Forest'. So, I'm guessing vanilla players won't have access to that. I'm guessing there will be a limited subset of activities that will be accessible by vanilla Destiny 2.

#278 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:21 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 16 October 2018 - 05:25 AM, said:

I read there is going to be something about a 'haunted forest" set in the Curse of Osiris DLC location known as the 'Infinite Forest'. So, I'm guessing vanilla players won't have access to that. I'm guessing there will be a limited subset of activities that will be accessible by vanilla Destiny 2.

I may be wrong, but from what I understand everyone will have time-limited access to it. Once the event is over you'll no longer be able to access the infinite forest without the expansion.

Edit: I think this is their attempt at redeeming the much-derided Infinite Forest, so I guess they want to show it to everyone.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 16 October 2018 - 08:22 AM

#279 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:08 PM

Yep, the Haunted Forest is accessed through the Tower, not Mercury. And the whole event basically revolves around it.

#280 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:41 PM

Lol, I am getting destroyed in Iron Banner now that light level counts again. I feel like I'm using a water pistol, so I'm just focusing on capturing zones, running away, getting in team kills, and finding that one guy who might be a lower light level than me.

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users