• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Destiny Series Gather Guardians and prepare yourselves

#301 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 01 November 2018 - 05:39 AM

You get ghosts for patrols as well. Maybe adventures too? And there are three different public events in different zones of the map.

#302 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 01 November 2018 - 10:49 PM

View PostBriar King, on 01 November 2018 - 10:21 PM, said:

Well huh whatayouknow I finally got a different public event from the cryopod one finally and what happens right in the middle of it?...my ex wife calls to chit chat/summon me and I completely tanked the event.

Not sure what the point of recycling the shaders is. It says you get materials but I haven’t gotten a single thing from the multiple times I’ve done so.

If they come from Bright Engram packages you get bright dust for them. From non-Eververse sources and you get glimmer. But if you already have the maximum amount of glimmer, then you can't get any more.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#303 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:07 AM

View PostBriar King, on 01 November 2018 - 10:21 PM, said:

Well huh whatayouknow I finally got a different public event from the cryopod one finally and what happens right in the middle of it?...my ex wife calls to chit chat/summon me and I completely tanked the event.

Not sure what the point of recycling the shaders is. It says you get materials but I haven’t gotten a single thing from the multiple times I’ve done so.

You get those blue money thingies or those bright things for the real money vendor.

#304 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 04 November 2018 - 06:49 PM

View PostBriar King, on 04 November 2018 - 06:21 PM, said:

Thought Festival ended on the 2nd but I guess it’s going till Tuesday the 6th as it was still on last night. I began to try for Horror Story. Got 58 souls before stopping last night. Man this is a brutal fucking grind imo. My best branch was 7 on 1st run all others I get lucky if we can just get to branch 5. Shitty matching. So much wasted time going on.

Are you levelling up the masks? When you get all three levels you can usually tear through enemies and Nightmares.

#305 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 November 2018 - 07:02 PM

There's also a murder mystery going on for the next three weeks. Supposedly we'll get a machine gun as a power weapon at the end.

#306 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 November 2018 - 07:25 PM

The murder mystery is a sham from what I've read. It's broken into steps, and the first one is to collect pages. After that, the status goes to something like "Amanda Holliday will contact you when she has new developments" (so it's time gated). Bungie will then continue it when they release some DLC in early December that will flow the quest into the 'Black Armory' expansion. Which is bullshit, because if this so called 'murder mystery' is designed as a Halloween related quest, then players should be able to finish it with the Festival of the Lost event. Just more of Bungie's bullshit to fuck over the community (by trying to incentivize everyone to purchase their next DLC). Assholes.

#307 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 05 November 2018 - 10:18 PM

I've managed to get the gun and all the masks. Not sure why I bothered though :(

#308 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:04 PM

Interesting stuff from Activision's earnings call - they're not happy with the sales of Forsaken and promised investors 'a faster content model and more forms of monetisation' in the future.

This, of course, does not mean that Forsaken didn't make a profit - it most likely has - but rather that it didn't reach the astronomical sales figures that Acti had promised their investors.

This must be provoking some tension between Bungie and Activision, and I wonder how long till something gives. Bungie are already exploring new IP development opportunities, as well as handing over chunks of development to other studios like High Moon.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 09 November 2018 - 12:04 PM

#309 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:58 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 09 November 2018 - 12:04 PM, said:

Interesting stuff from Activision's earnings call - they're not happy with the sales of Forsaken and promised investors 'a faster content model and more forms of monetisation' in the future.

This, of course, does not mean that Forsaken didn't make a profit - it most likely has - but rather that it didn't reach the astronomical sales figures that Acti had promised their investors.

This must be provoking some tension between Bungie and Activision, and I wonder how long till something gives. Bungie are already exploring new IP development opportunities, as well as handing over chunks of development to other studios like High Moon.

I worry that gaming is doomed to die because games like cany crush can be monetized to insanse lvls whereas great games God of War 4 cannot. I don't want to live ina future of gambling loot boxes and skinner conditioning

#310 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:00 PM

Needles worry. The free market dictates that if there's a demand then somebody will cater to it. It's the same reason why the talk about a video game collapse is silly.

There's plenty of developers out there who can make a AAA shooter. It's just a saturated market so few studios want to compete.

#311 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:16 PM

View PostBriar King, on 11 November 2018 - 04:28 AM, said:

Ok at this point I’m just pissed off.. I’m now wondering if Titanfall 2 didn’t give me PvP ED. I’m not joking I suck ass. I have yet to complete a match with 1.0 KD. I started yesterday with 1.79 and now I’m at 1.75. That hurts! I got I believe my very 1st 0.0 of the franchise for a match that I was a part of from start to end. It got very loud over here.

I’m amusing my son though as I rant and curse like a sailor at my tv screen.

Ed hurray for my 1st 1+ match.

That is...bad. I'm normally finishing matches with around a 2.0KAD now. I find Destiny one of the most forgiving shooters I've ever played, to the point where the aim assist gets annoying, because if there's several targets clustered together, the magnetism sometimes pulls your gun away from the person you're trying to shoot and on to another target. The magnetism really shouldn't be so strong that you can actually visibly see it working.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 11 November 2018 - 03:17 PM

#312 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 12 November 2018 - 12:17 AM

What guns are you normally using? The meta now favours pulse rifles and hand cannons - auto rifles are nowhere near as deadly as they used to be.

#313 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:26 PM

Thunderlord is awesome, ridiculously powerful. Enjoy it before it gets nerfed:)

#314 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 14 November 2018 - 05:25 AM

Did you get it through the murder mystery quest? Or how did it drop?

#315 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 14 November 2018 - 10:59 AM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 14 November 2018 - 05:25 AM, said:

Did you get it through the murder mystery quest? Or how did it drop?

Yeah the murder mystery quest, 3rd and final step is this week. It was quite good, fun boss battle at the end.

The gun is an absolute monster and has a brilliant perk which the original one in Destiny 1 didn't have. I would say this is the heavy weapon to use in PvP now (you get 50 bullets from the heavy ammo panel thing, which is crazy considering how few bullets it takes to destroy anything).

#316 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 14 November 2018 - 11:00 AM

View PostBriar King, on 14 November 2018 - 05:28 AM, said:

I think it’s dropping weekly?

I’m on 3rd step though I will likely skip out this one with IB here.

It takes like 20-30 minutes to do the step.

#317 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:01 PM

The mission you have to do is actually pretty much the mission they did in the very first Destiny gameplay reveal back at E3 2013 (before the game was changed substantially), and in which they also got the Thunderlord as a reward.

E3 video below:

Spoiler

#318 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:10 PM

Oh yeah, I remember that trailer. It was the one that made you think the game was actually Open world and not just big corridors in a faux open world.

#319 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:50 PM

You guys play Titans right? Apparently One-Eyed Mask is THE exotic to use in PvP: anyone who shoots you gets marked so you can see them through walls; if you kill them you get full health back, plus an overshoeld, plus a damage buff.

#320 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:51 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 14 November 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

Oh yeah, I remember that trailer. It was the one that made you think the game was actually Open world and not just big corridors in a faux open world.

That's because back then...it was.

*grumble*fuckingActivisionlosingJoeStatenfuckedthisgamesohard*/grumble*

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users