• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »

Game of Thrones Season 7 ASOIAF spoilers allowed Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#61 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:53 AM

I wish Arya was a little more grave/less smirky given the context of what she's doing (the vengeance part, not the killing itself), but other than that I have no complaints. Awesome ep!

Right now I'm most tense about Sansa and Jon. It's clear that Littlefinger doesn't have his hooks in her, and that she's more or less on Jon's side, but there's still friction there. It's actually playing better & more complex than I expected, and is one of the most unpredictable threads.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#62 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:56 PM

ALL

THE

SPOILERS

ALLL OF THEMMMMMMMMMMM

ARYA - damn that opening was perfect. PER.FECT. The second it started i knew who it was and exactly what was going to happen and was SO HAPPY. Buh bye Freys. All of you fuckers. Her second scene was intersting, i appreciated the quiet note, tho some little part of me was hoping she would stab Ed Sheeran in the face, just because. Dude sure can sing tho'.

NIGHT'S KING - damn. And those undead giants spread through the army.
DAMN.
Even creepier, just as the ep ended i found out about George Romero.

JON n SANSA - oh, there are going to be problems there. BIG problems. Very well set up... Jon's all 'I'm the King (even tho i keep losing and being betrayed and dying and stuff)' and Sansa's just wrecking him. "You have to be smarter than Dad, smarter than Robb. They made stupid mistakes and ended up beheaded." OUCH. And The Sansa Littlefinger dynamic... oh, that IS SO LOADED. Littlefinger knows if he offs Jon and Marries Sansa he can unite the Vale and the North and Sans knows that might not be a bad thing.

THE HOUND - The dialogue in this sequence was priceless... unusually wordy for Sandy but spot on even so and bouncing him off Dondarrion and Thoros was perfect. I think the shoutback to the father and daughter he robbed was a bit vague, but overall it worked.

CERSEI n JAIME n EURON - Euron is awesome. His lines, his delivery, perfect crazy is perfect. "I killed my brother. Very liberating, you should try it." BWAHAHAHAHAHAA. Cersei is the perfect stone cold ruler queen... ffs, "Tommen betrayed me." Fuuuuuuuuuuuk. Jaime is so screwed. Extra credit to the design and fx teams, Euron's fleet was pure fantasy briny gold.

SAM - that work sequence was hysterical. Sam's overall plot is quite interesting tho. And kudos BK for pointing out that knife... i thought it looked familiar. Gilly looked more confident. Little Sam looked about twelve, bad casting there people.
When did Jorah get to Oldtown? Interesting development to have him there tho'.

BRAN - nice little scene, brief, on point, Dolorous Ed at his most dolorously commanding. Bran's intro to him was a nice touch.

DANY and co - loved that last sequence. So loaded, so perfect. "So... shall we begin?" Oh yes, yes PLEASE.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#63 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:58 PM

I have surprisingly few complaints about the premiere. Euron is still being a bumbling idiot in the show, but everything else was good.

#64 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:53 PM

I think the present that Euron promised Cercei that he would return with is a Dragon. I think he's going to try to capture one.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#65 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:58 PM

View PostBrujah, on 17 July 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

I think the present that Euron promised Cercei that he would return with is a Dragon. I think he's going to try to capture one.

Nah. Tough to catch a dragon with a boat, and he doesn't have the horn in the show.

Probably just capturing some enemies of Cersei's. Like the Sand Snakes, who murdered her daughter.

I mean, what would Cersei even do with a dragon if he caught one? It would still be loyal to Dany.
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#66 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • very good...;)

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:44 PM

I think that he is going to try to get Tyrion.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#67 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:46 PM

Tyrion was my first thought. It could be any number of things, but Cersei really wants Tyrion and that seems the most realistic thing for him to go for.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#68 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:52 PM

Holy.....shit

Winter is coming. It isn't a warning. It isn't a reminder. The Stark motto is a threat

I thought it was a flashback, but noooo. My jaw just dropped.

WTF is Ed Sheeran doing in Westeros?

The Sansa-John-Littlefinger conflict has me all tensed up.

I just loved seeing Jaime's WTF looks as he realizes how insane Cersei is. She doesn't even understand how dynasties work.

Was not impressed by Euron and his crazy vagabond vibe.

Sam was hilarious. The library has a restricted section. Hmmm. Now all he needs is an invisibility cloak.

#69 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:56 PM

View PostNevyn, on 17 July 2017 - 02:58 PM, said:

Nah. Tough to catch a dragon with a boat, and he doesn't have the horn in the show.

Probably just capturing some enemies of Cersei's. Like the Sand Snakes, who murdered her daughter.

I mean, what would Cersei even do with a dragon if he caught one? It would still be loyal to Dany.

View PostVengeance, on 17 July 2017 - 03:44 PM, said:

I think that he is going to try to get Tyrion.

I'm 90% sure he's going to kidnap Dany, tho a dragon's head would be a close second.

View PostAndorion, on 17 July 2017 - 03:52 PM, said:

I just loved seeing Jaime's WTF looks as he realizes how insane Cersei is. She doesn't even understand how dynasties work. ...

Yeah, i am verrry curious about Jaime's plotline this season as he realizes how completely bugnuts Cersei actually is.

#70 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:01 PM

They didn't give the valonqar prophecy in the show, but I'm still expecting it to be fulfilled. And I've never thought it would be Tyrion.

There it is.

#71 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:42 PM

Brienne and Tormund belong together.

It is known.

#72 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:01 PM

Jaime's got to leave, surely. And possibly get murdered.

It was a decent episode, got much of the maneuvering out of the way. Sansa's cutdown of Littlefinger was my favourite part, but I did feel her disagreement with Jon (or rather, the manner of it) to be a bit forced.

I can't imagine Euron is going for anything other than Tyrion. It just fits the rest of the conversation. Conceivably, he captures him and Jaime lets him go again/leaves with him.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#73 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:03 PM

View PostAbyss, on 17 July 2017 - 04:42 PM, said:

Brienne and Tormund belong together.

It is known.

Looking like Tormund might die at Eastwatch.

I ship Podrienne.

(j/k, I like Jaime/Brienne but since the S6 finale I kinda ship Jaime/Arya.)

There it is.

#74 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:16 PM

View PostTerez, on 17 July 2017 - 04:01 PM, said:

They didn't give the valonqar prophecy in the show, but I'm still expecting it to be fulfilled. And I've never thought it would be Tyrion.

Can't help but think Jaime will be the end of Cersei. It's kind of already hinting at it without even having to mention the prophecy.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#75 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:19 PM

View PostTraveller, on 17 July 2017 - 09:16 PM, said:

View PostTerez, on 17 July 2017 - 04:01 PM, said:

Can't help but think Jaime will be the end of Cersei. It's kind of already hinting at it without even having to mention the prophecy.

Exactly. It has always been the best option for killing Cersei.

I heard the words "I'm going to kill the queen" before Arya spoke them in that scene with the soldiers (lovely scene btw), but this is one she can't have. She can have Melisandre tho.

There it is.

#76 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:48 PM

Did any of you guys catch the not so subtle theme that emerged from the scene with Cersei and Jamie and the big painting of Westeros on the floor? And that is that this whole shebang is headed towards a battle of the Queens / women.

Sansa in the north. Yara in the west. Dany in the east. Ellaria Sand/Sand Snakes in the south. Queen of thorns centrally located. Arya floating down to Kings Landing. With Cersei in the middle of it all?

Is this a crazy theory or something you guys see as well?

#77 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:57 PM

View PostTerez, on 17 July 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

(j/k, I like Jaime/Brienne but since the S6 finale I kinda ship Jaime/Arya.)

I love LOLing and hard-cringing at the exact same time.

#78 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:58 PM

Pleasure to serve.

There it is.

#79 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:28 AM

View Postworry, on 17 July 2017 - 08:53 AM, said:

I wish Arya was a little more grave/less smirky given the context of what she's doing (the vengeance part, not the killing itself), but other than that I have no complaints. Awesome ep!

Right now I'm most tense about Sansa and Jon. It's clear that Littlefinger doesn't have his hooks in her, and that she's more or less on Jon's side, but there's still friction there. It's actually playing better & more complex than I expected, and is one of the most unpredictable threads.

I don't understand why Sansa would even risk offending Petyr or tipping him into "take Sansa and go" mode.

He plotted to have Tyrion killed, did kill Lysa, has jerked Sansa about for a long time, and is the richest man in the kingdoms. Sansa, even with her "guile upgrade" (shown to be kinda dumb with Jon over ruling her at council), can't pay a fake out with this guy.

The show is not all that well written sometimes, even in season long boluses. Sheesh.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#80 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:45 AM

Sansa says she knows what he wants...meaning her (and nesting inside that, meaning Catelyn), which she seemingly thinks gives her some leeway. And to a point, she's right. But she's only right about the thing he wants second-most, and I presume that will be her downfall. If the show is smart, she loses to Petyr (and perhaps dies at his hands). Where the writing might fail is their inconsistent, smaller-than-the-book version of Littlefinger, who plays it much more loosey goosey than GRRM's Littlefinger.

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users