• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 140 Game Thread - The Cults of Innsmouth

#121 User is offline   Kaschan 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:30 PM

I don't like stupid reveals or people not playing for town. Lynch me.

Have fun.

#122 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:42 PM

View PostKaschan, on 07 March 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

I don't like stupid reveals or people not playing for town. Lynch me.

Have fun.

Well, aren't you special.

Anything constructive to add, or are you just gonna throw a day 1 tantrum and then storm off?

#123 User is offline   Kaschan 

• Recruit

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:46 PM

No tantrum. I added my construction earlier.

CF who is asking to be recruited should go. Frankly, better no CF than a compromised one.

People don't like that opinion. Fair enough.

#124 User is offline   Iparth Erule 

• Recruit

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:51 PM

IE is here. Sleep, work, shit like that.

Reveal sucks. Like what the actual fuck?

Healer stops you being recruited? Since when? So you want to draw a Bodyguard if there is one onto you rather than onto someone who might actually be useful to town?

I am so close to voting for out 'Coroner' right now

#125 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:00 PM

View PostKaschan, on 07 March 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

CF who is asking to be recruited should go. Frankly, better no CF than a compromised one.

I do not want to be recruited. No where have I said that. Have you played a cult game before? I would rather town have the best chance of winning straight off the bat because once a recruiter recruits it is difficult enough for us.

The more information early the better. We need to get them as early as possible. If by revealing my role early enough that helps us do that then great.

Reveals were allowed this game as well. There was no point me holding any information back either because PS states that each role will have different stasis with which faction they are in.

By giving the three scenarios I have held nothing back. How is this me trying to get recruited. I want to win with town as town if I can help it.

You would think the recruiters might want a juicier role than mine anyway as they will know who they recruit.

#126 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:02 PM

We have a serious WIFOM dilemma here because of his reveal. However, lynching him because of his coroner reveal outs NOT a good decision. If we're right about the 9-1-1 breakdown we need to try to find a leader today and shut them down before they launch.

#127 User is offline   Iparth Erule 

• Recruit

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:09 PM

View PostOkaros, on 07 March 2017 - 09:00 PM, said:

You would think the recruiters might want a juicier role than mine anyway as they will know who they recruit.

That seems a very specific bit of knowledge of the recruitment process

#128 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:11 PM

View PostMockra, on 07 March 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

With 2 recruiters and the rest of us as town, I'm not in a hurry to lynch anybody.

Are you suggesting we slow things down and be more methodical about who we lynch here? Because it looks like you're suggesting a no-lynch today.

#129 User is offline   Kaschan 

• Recruit

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:31 PM

View PostOkaros, on 07 March 2017 - 09:00 PM, said:

View PostKaschan, on 07 March 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

I do not want to be recruited. No where have I said that. Have you played a cult game before? I would rather town have the best chance of winning straight off the bat because once a recruiter recruits it is difficult enough for us.

The more information early the better. We need to get them as early as possible. If by revealing my role early enough that helps us do that then great.

Reveals were allowed this game as well. There was no point me holding any information back either because PS states that each role will have different stasis with which faction they are in.

By giving the three scenarios I have held nothing back. How is this me trying to get recruited. I want to win with town as town if I can help it.

1. I've played in plenty.

2. Town is best served by having more players. Let's all reveal, eh? That'll get Cult REAL QUICK.

3. Just because you can doesn't mean you should reveal. I have multiple things as well, but I'm TOWN. So I play for it by not revealing.

4. You are an idiot.

I hope you are cult because you are shit as town.

#130 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:48 PM

View PostSerc, on 07 March 2017 - 05:46 PM, said:

Jesus. I know I was gone for some time but I didn't expect this when I came back.

I'm of two minds about the Okaros reveal:
1- He's setting himself up as invaluable to town, while painting himself as a certain target for recruitment. I hate these "you can't lynch me! I'm to important. " setups. I'm weighing the odds of a cult leader false revealing that to buy himself at least one night to start building a following.

The "too important to lynch" things doesn't work a game such as this, well not beyond D1 under usual circumstances. And the reveal doesn't read like trying to achieve that anyway. This part of the post just sowed unnecessary additional suspicions.

#131 User is offline   Alkend 

• Lieutenant

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:50 PM

If Okaros is telling the truth about PS posting the CF if the Coroner is alive+town, then the reveal actually makes much more sense. And what would be the point of lying about that if they start as town?

What makes me really curious is that Okaros seems oddly specific in their assumptions about mechanics. Why would a heal prevent a recruitment? Why do you think there is a guard and a bodyguard? Why do you think leaders will know who they recruit?

#132 User is offline   Kaschan 

• Recruit

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:55 PM

These past two games have made me not want to play again. This is just fucking retarded.

I'm not going to Mal this up. But damn. What the hell has happened?

Bleh. I don't think Okaros is cult, it's too retarded. So I'll remove. But idiotic shit like this ruins towns chances.

Remove Vote Okaros

#133 User is offline   Kaschan 

• Recruit

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:55 PM

To simplify:

REMOVE VOTE

#134 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:01 PM

I'll be going off soon, will be back an hour or so before timeout. I agree we shouldn't lynch our apparent CF today. So aside from that stuff that I find vote-worthy is Hanas's vote for Kaschan, the post by Serc that I quoted above and the Bek's overreaction. The latter seem like the biggest deal but I'd expect more subtlety from a cult so I

Vote Serc

#135 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:14 PM

I find it fascinating that you latched onto the first half of that post and left out the second half where I laid out out that I believe he had solid notice and reasoning behind his reveal.

View PostFanderay, on 07 March 2017 - 09:48 PM, said:

Jesus. I know I was gone for some time but I didn't expect this when I came back. I'm of two minds about the Okaros reveal:1- He's setting himself up as invaluable to town, while painting himself as a certain target for recruitment. I hate these "you can't lynch me! I'm to important. " setups. I'm weighing the odds of a cult leader false revealing that to buy himself at least one night to start building a following.
The "too important to lynch" things doesn't work a game such as this, well not beyond D1 under usual circumstances. And the reveal doesn't read like trying to achieve that anyway. This part of the post just sowed unnecessary additional suspicions.

Here's the full post for reference.

Jesus. I know I was gone for some time but I didn't expect this when I came back. I'm of two minds about the Okaros reveal:1- He's setting himself up as invaluable to town, while painting himself as a certain target for recruitment. I hate these "you can't lynch me! I'm to important. " setups. I'm weighing the odds of a cult leader false revealing that to buy himself at least one night to start building a following. 2- On the other hand there was no pressure on him at the time of reveal. As town with a role that important, it's not a terrible idea to warn the rest of us that we may be unable to rely on cf info. It also helps draw the attention of any heal/prevention abilities to help keep him secure as town.

Ann's a second post from me flat out staying that lynching Okaros is a bad decision.

View PostSerc, on 07 March 2017 - 09:02 PM, said:

We have a serious WIFOM dilemma here because of his reveal. However, lynching him because of his coroner reveal outs NOT a good decision. If we're right about the 9-1-1 breakdown we need to try to find a leader today and shut them down before they launch.

Did you just not read the rest of it, or did you deliberately leave out the rest to try to paint me in an off light?

#136 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:22 PM

I left out the rest because it's irrelevant. I'm not criticizing your overall attitude but only the suspicion you were spreading with the first part of the post. But while we're at it your overall attitude was as neutral as it gets by the time of the post.
Anyone who reads the quote will be able to tell it's been cut off, I even refer to it as only a part of the post.

#137 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:26 PM

It is Day 1. 8 hours remaining

11 Players still alive: Alkend, Bek Okhan, Fanderay, Gamelon, Hanas, Iparth Erule, Kaschan, Mockra, Okaros, Serc, Trake

6 votes to lynch, 6 votes to go to night.

2 Votes for Kaschan ( Hanas, Okaros )
1 Vote for Serc ( Fanderay )
1 Vote for Hanas ( Gamelon )

Players not voted: Alkend, Bek Okhan, Iparth Erule, Kaschan, Mockra, Serc, Trake
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#138 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:26 PM

Alright, I'm outta here for the day. I'll try to check in once or twice during the evening, but most likely end of day will not happen until a couple hours past my bedtime, so you'll all have to wait until tomorrow morning for resolution!
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#139 User is offline   Alkend 

• Lieutenant

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:33 PM

The odds for a lynch aren't great, but considering that we're likely to go -2 this night, maybe it's not bad news. I'd be willing to vote Iparth or Mockra, they coasted through D1 without as much as alerting anyone to their existence. Viable tactic for cult leaders.

#140 User is offline   Kaschan 

• Recruit

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:13 PM

View PostTrake, on 07 March 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

View PostBek Okhan, on 07 March 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

View PostHanas, on 07 March 2017 - 12:00 AM, said:

Hmmph, nobody around to talk to me? That's a shame, I was hoping to induce PTSD in a few more players before I go out for the evening :D.

Vote Trake

Here kitty, kitty! :)

View PostHanas, on 07 March 2017 - 01:41 AM, said:

OK, well I'm out for the evening. Got to take a shower to get rid of my BO.

Speaking of which:

Remove Vote
Vote Bek Okhan

View PostFanderay, on 07 March 2017 - 07:58 AM, said:

View PostBek Okhan, on 07 March 2017 - 07:03 AM, said:

Hmm. Lots of roles.

Speaking of which:

Remove Vote
Vote Bek Okhan

And you voted me 7 hours into day 1, why?

You find it strange some people vote seemingly randomly at the start of D1?

View PostHanas, on 07 March 2017 - 09:47 AM, said:

View PostBek Okhan, on 07 March 2017 - 07:03 AM, said:

Hmm. Lots of roles.

Speaking of which:

Remove Vote
Vote Bek Okhan

And you voted me 7 hours into day 1, why?

You were the last player to turn up, so you got a vote. Try not to be late next time!

Voting people 6-7 hours into a game for low activity is a BS strategy and inevitably leads to misleading chaos

Overreaction much?

Reading back through this stood out. I'm looking for people sliding through. This went unnoticed and things turned towards me and Okaros (lots of fault on me, but).

I'm going to:

Vote Bek Okhan

Share this topic:

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

36 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 36 guests, 0 anonymous users