• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 140 Game Thread - The Cults of Innsmouth

#101 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:47 PM

There is also a guard and a bodyguard in this game. Now could a bodyguard stop me from being recruited? I have not come across one before.

#102 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:48 PM

I will leave you to discuss it amongst yourselves.

#103 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:51 PM

View PostOkaros, on 07 March 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

Freely given information incoming.

I am the coroner finder, as town I give the thread their CF's, if I am recruited I give myself and my leader the CF of any who die. I guess the healer will be able to stop me from being recruited? I hope so anyway if not then that is okay because it gives people one less place to look or hit with unwelcome night actions.

That should be mod-killable. You play for your CURRENT team.

#104 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:54 PM

Usually the one who can deal with recruitment is the "reprogrammed" role- the person who can essentially turn recruits back into town. - think Edur split (our very first cult game) had that role.

In this set-up, only one I could see anywhere remotely close to that is the priest. And even then, there's no indication that they actually prevent a recruit. I would presume that the only traditional way to prevent recruitment is to target the recruiter with a guard action.

Okaros' play seems dumb. But unlikely to be cult, especially since the true coroner char would be able to counter the fake reveal.

#105 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:55 PM

:D that's "deprogrammer" . Goddamn auto-correct, I really need to pay more attention to it. :)

#106 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:55 PM

View PostOkaros, on 07 March 2017 - 04:47 PM, said:

There is also a guard and a bodyguard in this game. Now could a bodyguard stop me from being recruited? I have not come across one before.

I think a bodyguard could prevent a recruit.

#107 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:56 PM

I'm tempted to think Okaros is playing a ballsy recruiter move to get himself a free bodyguard.

#108 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:58 PM

View PostOkaros, on 07 March 2017 - 04:47 PM, said:

Did I miss anything? This only says they could be in the game.

View PostPath-Shaper, on 02 March 2017 - 06:24 PM, said:

Game Specific Rules
Roles could include anything from the following list:

Roleless Innocent
Vigilante
Guard
Healer
Recruitproof
Ninja
Reactionary Vigilante
Coroner Finder
Bodyguard
Finder
Lovers

Edit: messed up quotes

This post has been edited by Fanderay: 07 March 2017 - 04:59 PM

#109 User is offline   Alkend 

• Lieutenant

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:30 PM

Wait, where is Okaros getting all this information from?

Also, where is Iparth Erule?

#110 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:46 PM

Jesus. I know I was gone for some time but I didn't expect this when I came back.

I'm of two minds about the Okaros reveal:
1- He's setting himself up as invaluable to town, while painting himself as a certain target for recruitment. I hate these "you can't lynch me! I'm to important. " setups. I'm weighing the odds of a cult leader false revealing that to buy himself at least one night to start building a following.

2- On the other hand there was no pressure on him at the time of reveal. As town with a role that important, it's not a terrible idea to warn the rest of us that we may be unable to rely on cf info. It also helps draw the attention of any heal/prevention abilities to help keep him secure as town.

#111 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:40 PM

I'm not inclined to lynch a potential coroner, esp since there's been no counter.

Approaching data cap (which resets tomorrow), so I'll be on sporadically until I get home from work.

#112 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:49 PM

View PostMockra, on 07 March 2017 - 04:56 PM, said:

I'm tempted to think Okaros is playing a ballsy recruiter move to get himself a free bodyguard.

Really? I think we can rule that out. Here's the character from the initial info post:

ls
Dr. Whitby Lodge
The Coroner

Dr. Lodge has lived in the town of Innsmouth all his life, and despite the rash of crazy murders and sacrifices to Dark Gods that took place a few years back, he quite enjoys this little town. Things had been quiet for some time, but now there are rumours of cultist activities. He and his trusty bottle of Jack are ready to deal with what he dreads will be a bloody showdown between the two cults that are rumoured to be at war in Innsmouth.

So we can be pretty sure that a CF role is in the game somewhere. If this was a recruiter, then someone would counter-claim surely?

#113 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:54 PM

View PostKaschan, on 07 March 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

At 9-1-1, Okaros is either stupid town or genius cult. After last game, I want stupid town gown. Especially in a cult game where they might end up on my team if I'm recruited.

Vote Okaros

I don't like this vote at all.

Remove Vote
Vote Kaschan

Losing the CF would REALLY hurt town, and the odds seem decent that this reveal is genuine. That Kaschan is so willing to get rid of such an important role shows that he either doesn't care about the CF because he's Cult, or that he is the stupid town of which he speaks. Either way, probably not a great idea to keep such a player around.

#114 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

View PostHanas, on 07 March 2017 - 06:49 PM, said:

Really? I think we can rule that out. Here's the character from the initial info post:

ls
Dr. Whitby Lodge
The Coroner

Dr. Lodge has lived in the town of Innsmouth all his life, and despite the rash of crazy murders and sacrifices to Dark Gods that took place a few years back, he quite enjoys this little town. Things had been quiet for some time, but now there are rumours of cultist activities. He and his trusty bottle of Jack are ready to deal with what he dreads will be a bloody showdown between the two cults that are rumoured to be at war in Innsmouth.

So we can be pretty sure that a CF role is in the game somewhere. If this was a recruiter, then someone would counter-claim surely?

They could be keeping down but imho their hide wouldn't be worth more than the lynch of a recruiter we would get if they revealed. Which is also something that Okaros would have probably considered before doing this so I agree the chances they're lying are low.

View PostHanas, on 07 March 2017 - 06:54 PM, said:

At 9-1-1, Okaros is either stupid town or genius cult. After last game, I want stupid town gown. Especially in a cult game where they might end up on my team if I'm recruited.

Vote Okaros

Remove Vote
Vote Kaschan

Losing the CF would REALLY hurt town, and the odds seem decent that this reveal is genuine. That Kaschan is so willing to get rid of such an important role shows that he either doesn't care about the CF because he's Cult, or that he is the stupid town of which he speaks. Either way, probably not a great idea to keep such a player around.

Going for the low-hanging fruit?

#115 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:05 PM

It is Day 1. 11 hours and 20 minutes remaining

11 Players still alive: Alkend, Bek Okhan, Fanderay, Gamelon, Hanas, Iparth Erule, Kaschan, Mockra, Okaros, Serc, Trake

6 votes to lynch, 6 votes to go to night.

1 Vote for Fanderay ( Okaros )
1 Vote for Okaros ( Kaschan )
1 Vote for Hanas ( Gamelon )
1 Vote for Kaschan ( Hanas )

Players not voted: Alkend, Bek Okhan, Fanderay, Iparth Erule, Mockra, Serc, Trake
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#116 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:08 PM

View PostOkaros, on 07 March 2017 - 04:30 PM, said:

Who would want a coroner dead?

Remove vote

Vote Kaschan

Thank you.

You missed this crosspost vote PS(in both last two updates)

#117 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:10 PM

My bad..... Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

It is Day 1. 11 hours and 16 minutes remaining

11 Players still alive: Alkend, Bek Okhan, Fanderay, Gamelon, Hanas, Iparth Erule, Kaschan, Mockra, Okaros, Serc, Trake

6 votes to lynch, 6 votes to go to night.

1 Vote for Hanas ( Gamelon )
1 Vote for Okaros ( Kaschan )
2 Votes for Kaschan ( Hanas, Okaros )

Players not voted: Alkend, Bek Okhan, Fanderay, Iparth Erule, Mockra, Serc, Trake
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#118 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:18 PM

ls
Dr. Whitby Lodge
The Coroner

Has everyone posted? If so, then yes his claim would seem to be authentic, if stupid heading out of the gate without any pressure.

#119 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:19 PM

With 2 recruiters and the rest of us as town, I'm not in a hurry to lynch anybody.

#120 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:20 PM

View PostFanderay, on 07 March 2017 - 07:02 PM, said:

ls
Dr. Whitby Lodge
The Coroner

They could be keeping down but imho their hide wouldn't be worth more than the lynch of a recruiter we would get if they revealed. Which is also something that Okaros would have probably considered before doing this so I agree the chances they're lying are low.

View PostHanas, on 07 March 2017 - 06:54 PM, said:

Vote Okaros

Remove Vote
Vote Kaschan

Going for the low-hanging fruit?

I guess? It's not like there's a huge amount of fruit higher up in the tree to pick (although there have been a few interesting reactions to Okaros's reveal that might be worth digging into). Kaschan rubbed me the wrong way earlier in the day as well, so I figure it's worth applying some pressure.

Share this topic:

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users