Malazan Empire: Political Comedy starring world leaders and local idiots - Malazan Empire

• 91 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Political Comedy starring world leaders and local idiots Laugh while you cry

#501 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:36 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 23 January 2020 - 09:20 PM, said:

Yep. I said it in the most truthful terms - Trump voters/supporters vote against their interests. If I was disabled and unable to work, I wouldn't vote for a president who is taking away my benefits.

'Trump's Doral resort more than doubled its rates before the president's visit was announced: report
The stays are expected to cost taxpayers thousands of dollars, most of which will go directly to the Trump property

[...] The RNC decided to host its annual winter meeting at the Trump National Doral last year in the days after Trump backed off his plan to host the next G-7 Summit at the resort. Trump was not originally scheduled to attend the gathering, but he began to consider heading there last week[...]

[...] the rates for the least expensive rooms at the property shot up from $254 to $539 for the dates leading up to and during Trump's visit[...] The new figure is exactly $7 lower than the maximum "per diem" rate, which the federal government requires government employees to follow.

Though Trump is only scheduled to be at the property for several hours, dozens of Secret Service agents and White House "advance team" aides typically arrive at properties multiple days in advance to prepare for the president's visit.

[...] Trump's properties have repeatedly increased prices ahead of political events held by Republicans.

[...] Trump's Washington hotel tripled its rates ahead of a Senate Republican fundraising retreat last year, according to the watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington'

https://www.salon.co...nounced-report/

Pence tries to win over African-Americans:

'Church leaders at an event attended by Mike Pence have claimed that homosexuals are possessed by demons and that animals can’t be gay

Vice president Pence paid a visit on Sunday to the Holy City Church of God in Christ in Memphis, Tennessee, ahead of Martin Luther King Day. [...]

The event, streamed live via the White House's website and YouTube channel, saw church leaders rail against homosexuality and claim that Pence is "one of the most persecuted Christians in America".
"It's a demonic spirit that causes a woman to want to lie with another woman. It's a demonic spirit that causes a man to be attracted to another man.

If a man gets attracted to me, he's gonna be in trouble. Don't put your hands on me! Amen. God didn't make us for that.

"He made a man to be a man. If you want to know what God made you, when you go to the bathroom, just check your plumbing. What kind of plumbing are you using?"

The crowd loudly cheered the remarks.'

https://www.pinknews...-christ-demons/

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 23 January 2020 - 11:17 PM

#502 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:16 PM

'"Senators on the floor are sworn to silence and have no electronic devices," Lockhart wrote. "So how is this Senator tweeting? Did he sneak a phone in. Is he willing to go to prison? Or is the tweet from someone other than Cruz."

Cruz did not take the accusation lightly and responded to Lockhart with a photo of a cell phone next to the words "come and take it."

But Cruz was caught on Wednesday after his phone went off on the Senate floor.

[...] Sen. Patrick Leahy [...] did an impression of Gollum from "Lord of the Rings," stroking his phone while saying "Oh, my precious."'

https://www.msn.com/...jikwCFPF2JYOkmo

#503 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 January 2020 - 07:03 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#504 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 24 January 2020 - 05:26 PM

'"Take her out': Recording appears to capture Trump at private dinner saying he wants Ukraine ambassador fired

[...] "Get rid of her!" is what the voice that appears to be President Trump's is heard saying. "Get her out tomorrow. I don't care. Get her out tomorrow. Take her out. Okay? Do it."

On the recording, it appears the two Giuliani associates are telling President Trump that the U.S. ambassador has been bad-mouthing him, which leads directly to the apparent remarks by the President. The recording was made by Fruman[...]

Parnas appears to say: "The biggest problem there, I think where we need to start is we gotta get rid of the ambassador. She's still left over from the Clinton administration," Parnas can be heard telling Trump. "She's basically walking around telling everybody 'Wait, he's gonna get impeached, just wait." (Yovanovitch actually had served in the State Department since the Reagan administration.)'

https://abcnews.go.c...FIDVmO8QPzk1XdA

'In Davos, President Donald Trump complained that Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh had yet to receive the Pulitzer Prize before international reporters.

The Pulitzer Prize is awarded for “excellence in newspaper journalism, literary achievements, musical composition.”'

https://mavenroundta...vl0iWi15OKtMzSg

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 24 January 2020 - 05:27 PM

#505 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 24 January 2020 - 06:00 PM

BK stop watching Fox and paying attention to the Republican party it's rotting your brain.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#506 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 24 January 2020 - 06:58 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 24 January 2020 - 06:00 PM, said:

BK stop watching Fox and paying attention to the Republican party it's rotting your brain.

No I actually think this is great.

I mean these are terrible Facebook memes with no real humor in them but bless their heart they're trying.

#507 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 24 January 2020 - 07:57 PM

View PostExcrementEncephalon, on 24 January 2020 - 05:55 PM, said:

Posted Image

To Trump supporters, 'snake oil' includes 'college' (except for the rich ones---for them it's just the classes that are snake oil...) and science (yet so few join the Amish... or replace medicine with prayer---not that more should). Art too, of course (unless it's a painting of Trump illegally produced with donations to his 'charities'...).

'Russia's New Culture Minister: "I Simply Can't Stand Going to Exhibitions, Museums, Opera"

Blogging on the online platform LiveJournal, she went on to write about hating ballet and classical music. Additionally, she said, "I've been to Paris, but not to the Louvre [...]

She continued, "I've been to the British Museum, the National Gallery, and a few dozen more European and Russian museums, and reckon I wasted my time there."

After news of the posts broke yesterday, the entries were quickly deleted.

The culture minister previously headed the cinematography department in the ministry, serving under Medinsky as he banned films like The Death of Stalin (2017), a British farce in which Russian officials gleefully await the passing of the famed dictator [...]

Despite her experience with documentaries, according to the BBC, she has previously written that she "can't watch the vast majority of documentary films" and that she doesn't "understand a bloody thing about arthouse cinema."'

https://www.artnews....ova-1202676191/

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 24 January 2020 - 07:58 PM

#508 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:45 PM

'34 Troops Diagnosed With Traumatic Brain Injuries After Iran Missile Strike, Pentagon Says
After Trump claimed their injuries were "not very serious."'

Not very serious... for a Trump supporter.

https://www.thedaily...n-says?ref=home

'Maybe the White House Meant "Take Her Out" and "Your Head Will Be on a Pike" in an Innocent Way?

[...] even as the Republicans were expressing their dismay at being bullied by the impeachment managers, CBS News reported late Thursday that a "Trump confidant" had issued a warning to wavering Republican Senators: "Vote against the president, and your head will be on a pike." Sens. Lisa Murkowski and Susan Collins, who had denounced Nadler for suggesting they could be complicit in the president's coverup, have so far had nothing to say about the president's camp publicly threatening them if they don't loyally go along with Trump.'

https://slate.com/ne...-on-a-pike.html

'Trump appeared to unveil the new US Space Force logo on Friday -- which seems to boldly go where one logo has gone before. [...]

"After consultation with our Great Military Leaders, designers, and others, I am pleased to present the new logo for the United States Space Force, the Sixth Branch of our Magnificent Military!" [he] tweeted.

Posted Image
[...] George Takei, an actor who played Hikaru Sulu in the "Star Trek" series and is a vocal opponent of Trump, responded to the tweet by saying, "Ahem. We are expecting some royalties from this..."'

https://www.cnn.com/...LQ8al9zsirQj5qM

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 24 January 2020 - 11:45 PM

#509 User is online   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 25 January 2020 - 12:40 AM

Well, to be fair to Trump, they were already using a very similar logo long before he ever got into politics. Like, 1982: https://en.m.wikiped...e_Space_Command

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 25 January 2020 - 12:42 AM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#510 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 25 January 2020 - 05:02 AM

Posted Image

'Mike Pompeo screamed at reporter she couldn't find Ukraine on a map — she did and the interview was shut down'

https://www.rawstory...-was-shut-down/

Posted Image

https://www.snopes.c...jjSWRTYrbwKe7Qk

'VFW Expects Apology From POTUS
TBI is a serious injury and one that cannot be taken lightly

[...] the Veterans of Foreign Wars cannot stand idle on this matter. [...]

The VFW expects an apology from the president to our service men and women for his misguided remarks. And, we ask that he and the White House join with us in our efforts to educate Americans'

https://www.vfw.org/...gWIfbE-uEWHXwUI

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 25 January 2020 - 05:52 AM

#511 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:53 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

And a challenging 'connect the dots' puzzle.
Posted Image

#512 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 25 January 2020 - 08:59 PM

Posted Image

'Trump Defense: Impeachment is Unconstitutional

Trump’s defense team started its opening argument in the Senate by saying that removing the president through impeachment, as set out by the constitution, is unconstitutional.'

https://www.thedaily...tional?ref=home

#513 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:50 PM

^^^^ Posted Image

Along those lines - from Bill Maher's opening monologue last night on 'Real Time with Bill Maher'

No matter what President Trump does, no matter how heinous or obvious the crime, he will get a full and excited exoneration from the republicans in the Senate. And therein lies the difference between this impeachment trial and the Clinton impeachment trial: the Clinton trial begin with the presidential blowjob, this one will end with one.

#514 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 27 January 2020 - 04:04 PM

'Trump's spiritual adviser faces backlash after sermon calling for "all satanic pregnancies to miscarry" goes viral

[...] we wrestle not against flesh and blood,” she tweeted on Sunday. “Anything that has been conceived by demonic plans, for it to be cancelled and not prevail in your life, that is- any plans to hurt people.”

https://thehill.com/...sh-after-sermon

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 27 January 2020 - 05:06 PM

#515 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 28 January 2020 - 08:32 AM

Tax funded healthcare is 'free stuff'?

what

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#516 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 28 January 2020 - 01:40 PM

Posted Image

#517 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 28 January 2020 - 05:45 PM

https://twitter.com/...7865223170?s=20

Trump tweeted a video with the caption: 'Don Lemon, the dumbest man on television (with terrible ratings!).' It's actually a (former?) Republican strategist making fun of Trump as Don Lemon laughs hysterically. (A white guy's making fun of him, and Trump gets mad at the black guy for laughing?... Can't stand watching a black man laughing at him? Or he knows it will 'trigger' many of his supporters....)

Trump also tweeted: 'Are you better off now than you were three years ago? Almost everyone say YES!'

Is that a command, or is he appropriating AAVE?... (Of course it's a typo, but 2 hours later it still hasn't been changed.)

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 28 January 2020 - 06:04 PM

#518 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:34 AM

View PostExcrementEncephalon, on 29 January 2020 - 02:24 AM, said:

Posted Image

Yeah because hereditary dictatorship headed up by the far right is a joking matter.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#519 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 30 January 2020 - 03:51 AM

'QAnon YouTubers Are Telling People to Drink Bleach to Ward Off Coronavirus
Dangerous advice is spreading on YouTube and Twitter, despite efforts to stop it

[...] proponents of QAnon — the elaborate conspiracy theory purporting that President Donald Trump is waging a secret war against a ring of Democratic child sexual abusers — have been promoting MMS as a "cure" for coronavirus on Twitter, particularly the MMS-branded "20-20-20 spray," with one account alleging it "kills viruses instantly." Another prominent conspiracy theorist tweeted, "#coronavirus is a depopulation program," recommending colloidal silver (a supplement that, if taken in large amounts, can result in discoloration of the skin and nails, or kidney damage) and MMS to ward off the disease.

MMS is primarily sold by the Genesis II Church of Health and Healing, a Mexican church led by a man known as Archbishop Jim Humble, a former aerospace research engineer, health food store manager, and gold prospector who claims to have discovered MMS while mining for gold in South Africa.

The primary ingredient is sodium chlorite, which, when mixed with an "activator" citric acid such as lemon juice, creates chlorine dioxide, a form of bleach. If ingested in large amounts, the product can result in "severe vomiting, severe diarrhea, life-threatening low blood pressure caused by dehydration, and acute liver failure," according to a statement from the Food and Drug Administration last year.

[...] Humble has pivoted to marketing MMS as an effective palliative for coronavirus, writing in a January 27th newsletter, "I have reason to believe, MMS (chlorine dioxide), can be very effective in both preventing and eradicating the coronavirus.… I would say, let MMS be your first line of defense."'

https://www.rollings...DsnE40WwkUwKvco

'"Every public official that I know believes that his election is in the public interest," Dershowitz said of the allegation that Trump tried to gain an illicit advantage in the upcoming election by getting Ukraine to announce an investigation of Vice President Joe Biden. "And if a president does something, which he believes will help him get elected in the public interest, that cannot be the kind of quid pro quo that results in impeachment." Basically, if Trump cheats in the election, so what. He's doing it for America! This is the absolute distillation of the Trumpian worldview that he is the state, the state is him, and his supporters—and his supporters alone—are the people. Dershowitz went so far at one point as to compare Trump to Abraham Lincoln in his effort to win re-election while simultaneously seeking to preserve the union during the Civil War.

"He believed that his own election was essential to victory in the Civil War," Dershowitz said of Lincoln. "Every president believes that, that's why it's so dangerous to try to psychoanalyze a president, to try to get into the intricacies of the human mind."

He continued:

It would be a much harder case if a hypothetical president of the United States said to a hypothetical leader of a foreign country unless you build a hotel with my name on it and unless you give me a million-dollar kickback, I will withhold the funds. That's an easy case, that's purely corrupt and in the purely private interests. But a complex middle case is 'I want to be elected! I think I'm a great president! I think I'm the greatest president there ever was and if I'm not elected, the national interest will suffer greatly.' That cannot be an impeachable offense.

Again, Dershowitz's arguments amount to saying Trump can use national security money to extort a foreign adversary into smearing his political rivals because Trump thinks defeating his political rivals is good for America. It is insane. It is also quickly becoming the position of the Republican Party.'

https://slate.com/ne...itz-bolton.html

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 30 January 2020 - 03:51 AM

#520 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 30 January 2020 - 05:19 PM

'“The thinking is to let Cocaine Mitch do his thing and get his people in line,” said a source close to the White House, using a nickname coined by a former opponent of McConnell that the senior senator from Kentucky has since adopted.'

https://www.thedaily...chment?ref=home

Share this topic:

• 91 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

15 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users