Malazan Empire: Political Comedy starring world leaders and local idiots - Malazan Empire

• 91 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Political Comedy starring world leaders and local idiots Laugh while you cry

#1801 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 10 August 2022 - 01:38 PM

What's your point in putting an image equating President Biden with the Gestapo, the Nazi secret police that had a large role in enacting the Holocaust?

Are these simply jokes to you? Not that deep? Not that important? Then why do you keep going to the boundaries between political view divergence and actually harmful/bigoted stuff and posting it here in a forum centered around a book series that is somewhat about not making jokes or banalities of massacres and atrocities?

Mods, what is the line here? I feel like it's several times that this person has gone over it within the sporadic barrage of posts.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#1802 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 10 August 2022 - 01:58 PM

It's bk so I won't say what I think as last time I did I got banned without explanation. :)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1803 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 August 2022 - 02:38 PM

Yikes, things turned serious. I was still waiting on that cartoon of an innocently caricatured Jon Stewart picking our pockets to pay for the PACT Act, or a football team of elephants heroically staving off Demoncrats' cowardly attempts to get a cap on insulin prices into the end zone.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#1804 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 10 August 2022 - 03:33 PM

Banning it will only enforce BKs view that the damn lefties censor everything. It is a shame that we are left with all these flimsy, unfunny and at times downright inflammatory cartoons instead of a serious discussion about why Trump is so great and the Dems are out to ruin the USA. But I guess the GOP team has departed from the discussion platform due to lack of reasonable arguments. Much easier to fling some unbased and idiotic one-liners around. Is this what the US political right wing has sunk to? Screw the US and take the rest of the world down with it? A sad state of affairs.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 10 August 2022 - 03:34 PM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#1805 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 10 August 2022 - 03:35 PM

Posted Image

'Trump mocked for picking the FBI director who raided him: "My schadenfreude can't take much more of this"

[...] "Trump has every right to be upset at the person who appointed FBI Director Christopher Wray".

[...] Retired US Air Force Col Moe Davis tweeteed: "Interestingly, FBI Director Chris Wray was appointed by (checks notes) Donald Trump and confirmed by (checks notes again) every Republican member of the Senate".

Others appeared to ridicule conservative radio host Jesse Kelly who tweeted [...] "Trump has every right to be livid about this gross violation of his rights. He should be extra mad at whoever put Christopher Wray in charge of the FBI."

It was unclear if the radio host's remarks were a joke.'

Trump mocked for picking the FBI director who raided him: 'My schadenfreude can't take much more of this'

'"Trust the plan": QAnon conspiracy theorists believe Mar-a-Lago search will benefit Trump'

[...] "Call me a crazy nut bucket but I actually do trust Wray. I think we've been watching the influence operation of all influence operations take place over the last two years. How fast did Trump's statement come out after Mar-a-Lago was raised (sic)? Trump wasn't on site (Mar-a-Lago closed for the summer so he stays in Bedminster I presume) and he claimed it was 'unannounced.' Trump's a very fast writer."'

'Trust the plan': QAnon conspiracy theorists believe Mar-a-Lago search will benefit Trump

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 10 August 2022 - 03:35 PM

#1806 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 August 2022 - 03:52 PM

I mean, it's about jokes, and orginally curated specifiically towards Trump. That's how it was created. I'm all for joking across the political spectrum here in the US, or internationally for that matter. Putin and duh peefle have made their way into here. The GQP is just low hanging fruit and easier to clown on - Boebart, MTG, Turtle Man, and most easily, Trump. But by all means, lets give it to Biden, the Squad, Pelosi. I find them all performative, lowlifes who are focused solely on improving their own net worth and really don't give much thought to those who they represent, except Bernie. Throw all the bums out I say.

TL:DR This is for jokes, there's a serious discussion thread if you want thoughtful debate.... go there.

#1807 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 10 August 2022 - 03:58 PM

This thread has lost its way. It was made for silly, largely-apolitical memes and jokes that everyone could laugh at. Now a bunch of you seem to think it's both the U.S. Politics discussion board thread with laxer rules and also a place to spew a vomit load of regurgitated, reposted memes from your facebook groups (some of which have been downright bigotry, as of late).

Evidently this thread has run its course and serves no real purpose anymore (except, in some peoples' heads, to be yet another tiresome football pitch for some of you to think you've "owned" somebody in yet another bout of your dificulous American political sports league) so I'm just going to lock it.

If you want to discuss American politics, stick to the discussion board thread. If you have a genuinely interesting and non-inflammatory meme you want to post, go ahead and make a dedicated thread in the Inn for it.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

Share this topic:

• 91 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users