Malazan Empire: Political Comedy starring world leaders and local idiots - Malazan Empire

• 91 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Political Comedy starring world leaders and local idiots Laugh while you cry

#1001 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 October 2020 - 12:59 AM

View PostSlow Ben, on 03 October 2020 - 12:48 AM, said:

View PostKnowing, on 02 October 2020 - 06:11 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 28 September 2020 - 03:52 PM, said:

Posted Image

I really don't understand why this would be surprising at all to anyone. Or how this would turn into a 'gotcha moment' Oh wow, a really rich guy has done everything he can legally and illegally alike to avoid taxes. I also find it odd how there isn't any reporting on what the IRS is going to do. Tell me the plan on how/when the IRS is going to nail him down like a bug and suck those funds out of him. God knows they're happy to do it to so many other citizens. Or is the government or IRS going to come out and admit, "shit there's nothing we can really do unless we change how we prosecute those who have violated tax laws"?

Also, as far as some research into our politicians, can we do some income sourced hit jobs on the overwhelming number of senators and congressmen making bank while in office. Some investigation into the people who create and vote on the laws that dictate our country is consistently ignored in our country as we tend to center our focus on the one sitting in the oval office.

For a week the news covered the rat bastards Burr, Inhoffe, Feinstein, and Loeffler and the way they dumped stocks knowing damned well how bad the COVID outbreak would be, yet from what I can tell government 'investigations' have ruled they were well within the bounds of their positions in office. This clearly shows those boundaries need to be changed so we have representatives in those positions trying to uphold or shift laws in the favor of their constituents, not creating loopholes for themselves to make money.

I'm less worried about the fact that he is probably guilty of tax evasion and tax fraud. Like you said, its common for the wealthy and they generally get away with it. And without changes to the tax code and beefing up the IRS, it wont change anytime soon.

What worries me is he owes 400 plus million to an unnamed source. And if he wins this election, that loan will come due while he's president. Who does he owe that money too? To quote Eric Trump, "we don't need US banks, we get all the funding we need out of Russia."

Plus, I dont think he wanted them released because it shows he's a shitty fucking businessman.

'Pay | ing tax | es || is | for poor | peeple' (iambic pentameter)

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 03 October 2020 - 01:02 AM

#1002 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 03 October 2020 - 02:07 AM

'Tweets shared thousands of times claimed Democrats might have somehow intentionally infected the president with the coronavirus during the debates.

[...] an uptick in "copypasta" campaigns about Trump's illness. "Copypasta" campaigns are attempts by numerous Twitter accounts to parrot the same phrase over and over to inundate users with messaging, and they are sometimes signals of coordinated activity. The social media company said it was working to limit views on those tweets.

Roughly 10,000 of those retweets touted the drug hydroxychloroquine, an unproven treatment for COVID-19, as a treatment for the president. Another 13,000 retweets were related to a QAnon conspiracy theory that the president is going into quarantine while mass arrests of high-profile politicians like Trump's former Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton are carried out, according to the company's analysis.

[...] "A lot of them seem very happy about what's going to happen because they think Hillary Clinton is going to be arrested," Blocq said of the QAnon accounts.'

https://www.japantim...s-social-media/

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 03 October 2020 - 02:07 AM

#1003 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 03 October 2020 - 06:04 AM

From "hoax" to "Dems deliberately infected POTUS with COVID!" in 0.0000001 seconds.
Man, how many of them got near-fatal whiplash from an about-turn that abrupt?

Attached File(s)

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#1004 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 03 October 2020 - 10:27 PM

'Discussing Trump's COVID-19 diagnosis, Evgeny Popov, the host of Russian state media news talk show 60 Minutes, said, "Our candidate got sick."

[...] Deputy of the State Duma Aleksey Zhuravlyov smugly noted, "I'm glad that COVID got involved in the presidential race and it will most likely win. Not Joe Biden or Trump, but COVID will win." Popov pondered out loud, "So we've been interfering and interfering, but all of that was for naught?"

[...] pointed out that Trump's Twitter mentions are filled with messages of support. "Those are just the Russian bots," retorted Popov.

[...] Popov speculated that President Trump had infected the U.S. government in its entirety and cheerfully expressed Russia's readiness to take control over America's nuclear button.'

https://www.thedaily...ssia?ref=scroll

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 03 October 2020 - 10:28 PM

#1005 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 03 October 2020 - 10:38 PM

Posted Image

(actual QAnon meme)

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 03 October 2020 - 10:39 PM

#1006 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 04 October 2020 - 12:55 AM

Posted Image

#1007 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 October 2020 - 01:38 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1008 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 05 October 2020 - 07:42 PM

'"I need to get out of here": Trump is reportedly desperate to leave the hospital'

https://www.alternet...e-the-hospital/

'Reports Say Contagious President Is Trying to Escape His Captors Like a Zoo Animal'

https://slate.com/ne...m-hospital.html

'Donald Trump Jr. thinks his father is "acting crazy" and is desperate to rein him in[...]

"Don Jr. has said he wants to stage an intervention, but Jared and Ivanka keep telling Trump how great he's doing," one source tells Sherman. "Don said, 'I'm not going to be the only one to tell him he's acting crazy.'"

However, even Jared and Ivanka reportedly agreed with Donald Jr. that the president's Monday morning all-caps tweet storms — which included messages such as "SPACE FORCE. VOTE!" — went way over the edge.

"They're all worried," said one source. "They've tried to get him to stop tweeting."'

https://www.alternet...-him-in-report/

'"I learned a lot about COVID. I learned it by really going to school. This is the real school. This isn't the 'let's read the books' school," Trump said in a video posted to Twitter. "And I get it, and I understand it, and it's a very interesting thing, and I'm going to be letting you know about it."'

https://thehill.com/...ent-this-is-the

'Trump will depart from the military hospital in Bethesda, MD at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, he wrote on Twitter Monday afternoon.

[...] "Don't be afraid of Covid," Trump tweeted. [...] "We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!," [...]

Trump's doctors, who have danced around providing direct answers at evasive press conferences since Trump's diagnosis, insisted Trump is ready to go home on Monday. But they also raised a note of caution.

"He may not be entirely out of the woods yet," said White House physician Sean Conley. He referred to Trump's mixture of medicines as "uncharted territory," saying it's hard to know exactly how anyone would react.

Conley said the next week or so would be determinative for Trump.

[...] Conley refused to either endorse, or dispute, the president's assertion that nobody should fear the coronavirus.

Asked about Trump's earlier tweet, Conley demurred.

"I'm not going to get into what the president says," Conley said.'

https://www.vice.com...the-white-house

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 05 October 2020 - 07:46 PM

#1009 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 October 2020 - 05:11 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1010 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 06 October 2020 - 11:21 PM

'Eric Trump Says His Dad "Literally Saved Christianity"

[...] from hordes of Democrats trying to "close churches all over the country."

[...] praised his father as having "more backbone than any person who's ever lived."

"He's protected the Second Amendment, he's literally saved Christianity. I mean there's a full-out war on faith in this country by the other side. I mean, the Democratic Party, the far left has become the party of the atheist. I mean, they want to attack Christianity, they want to close churches … they're totally fine keeping liquor stores open. But they want to close churches all over the country," he said.'

https://www.thedaily...ianity?ref=home

'White House has more coronavirus cases than Taiwan, New Zealand, and Vietnam'

https://www.taiwanne...y_OP6IVX2iu8xoU

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 06 October 2020 - 11:24 PM

#1011 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 October 2020 - 03:42 PM

Posted Image

#1012 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 October 2020 - 07:24 PM

Posted Image

#1013 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 08 October 2020 - 08:22 AM

Kellyanne Conway is a great example of what happens to a family when one member joins a cult.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#1014 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 08 October 2020 - 09:32 AM

Or both parents join cults that differ only slightly, but enough to create what may prove to be an impassable divide.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#1015 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 October 2020 - 05:00 PM

No one can accuse that fly of not knowing shit.

Posted Image

#1016 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 09 October 2020 - 02:16 AM

Posted Image

#1017 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 09 October 2020 - 05:50 AM

'Coughing Trump says he's healthy and ready to hold rallies

[...] Trump continued to careen from topic to topic on Sean Hannity's show, promoting conspiracy theories, peddling falsehoods, and launching attacks on Democrats and the media during a roughly 25 minute conversation. [...] During the interview, Hannity twice asked Trump if he had been tested for the coronavirus since he became ill last week. It was a question that the President apparently couldn't answer. Trump instead said that he will "probably" be tested on Friday. Medhi Hasan quipped about the non-answer, "Mark the date, we have reached the point where even Sean Hannity is asking Trump simple questions that the president can't or won't answer."

It wasn't just Trump's comments on his health that drew attention. It was what the audience could hear at home. At least twice during the interview, Trump had to pause his sentences and audibly clear his throat and cough. The President insisted he was feeling great, claiming he saw his doctors earlier in the day and that they believe him to be in "great shape." But he sure didn't sound like he was cured, as he claimed to be.

[...] a new report from Pew found that 90% of Republicans who only listened to Fox News or talk radio as major sources of political news said the country has controlled the outbreak as well as it could.'

https://www.cnn.com/...news/index.html

#1018 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 09 October 2020 - 07:30 AM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 09 October 2020 - 02:16 AM, said:

Posted Image

That's... Hideously offensive... What's the context? Is it a magazine? Just trying to get my head around who did this and for what purpose.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1019 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 October 2020 - 07:54 AM

I think it's a legitimately beautiful picture and a good piece of artwork. The choice of characters and their facial expressions are clever.

#1020 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 09 October 2020 - 11:05 AM

Ivanka is on her knees but she's facing in the wrong direction. :p

Kushner and the Turtle are at least close to the end they spend most of their time tonguing.

Gun-toting (yet Pro-life, how does that work?), bible-thumping, evangelical Republican "Christians": Oh wow, that's a great work of art!

Every other Christian on Earth: What. The. Actual. Fuck?

Heck, shouldn't that even piss off Muslims, what with JC apparently being #2 in the prophet hierarchy?

Agree with Simmo - who did that and to what purpose?
If the purpose was satire, it may have the opposite effect.
If it was praise, then ... ????? :ermm:
It's like Schrodinger's Trump.

EDIT:

https://www.lulu.com...uct-6jjn68.html

Still no wiser. Artist is "Piggy Banksy" which seems to be some sort of collective artsy-fartsy project.

https://www.research...ful_Co-Creation

https://medium.com/@...al-8de55612b56d

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 09 October 2020 - 11:45 AM

Share this topic:

• 91 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

10 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users