• You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 139 - Game Thread D&D Mafia

#121 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:14 PM

View PostFanderay, on 31 January 2017 - 09:06 PM, said:

View PostKessobahn, on 31 January 2017 - 07:41 PM, said:

I looked back at the previous barbarian abilities, and it didn't look like day finds was one of them. I think henry just wanted to throw something out there to see who scrambled to follow him.

Not to mention that if Shameless Henry used their Day Action on the announcement, they would probably not have been able to use a second day action to do a find first (unless Announcements are Bonus Day Actions? Unclear from the material in the D&D Information Thread if that's the case).

Yes, announcements are basically bonus day actions, all leaders and only leaders have access to it afaik.

#122 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:24 PM

OK, I think it's time to open the voting booths for the game.

Vote Omtose

I think there's a decent chance that Omtose is the Survivor. 2 reasons for this:

- On the first page of the thread he was the first to bring up information about Barbarian Role PMs. The Survivor is a Barbarian.

View PostOmtose, on 30 January 2017 - 04:35 PM, said:

Rogues and a bunch of magic-types all get puppet-making skills.

Of course given how many Barbarians are around, double-votes are likely to take care of those puppets.

- In this discussion about the message from Shameless Henry, he was the first to suggest that the numerical ordering of the factions in the OP might not correspond to their actual roles. As many people have pointed out, it's easy to figure out that the roles are listed in a logical order by comparing your own position on the role PM. But if you were the Survivor, you wouldn't be able to do that (since the Survivor is in a list of one).

View PostOmtose, on 31 January 2017 - 05:07 PM, said:

It's also interesting that Alkend made the presumption that Shameless Henry is the leader. Since Blend didn't actually say that's what the order is on-thread.

What do the rest of you think?

#123 User is offline   Iparth Erule 

• Recruit

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:42 PM

View PostFanderay, on 31 January 2017 - 09:24 PM, said:

Vote Omtose

I think there's a decent chance that Omtose is the Survivor. 2 reasons for this:

- On the first page of the thread he was the first to bring up information about Barbarian Role PMs. The Survivor is a Barbarian.

Of course given how many Barbarians are around, double-votes are likely to take care of those puppets.

- In this discussion about the message from Shameless Henry, he was the first to suggest that the numerical ordering of the factions in the OP might not correspond to their actual roles. As many people have pointed out, it's easy to figure out that the roles are listed in a logical order by comparing your own position on the role PM. But if you were the Survivor, you wouldn't be able to do that (since the Survivor is in a list of one).

It's also interesting that Alkend made the presumption that Shameless Henry is the leader. Since Blend didn't actually say that's what the order is on-thread.

You guys have been busy today!

Fanderay, you may be right on Omtose, but if he is the survivor, wouldn't we want to keep him around to prevent vote blocks?

#124 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:50 PM

View PostIparth Erule, on 31 January 2017 - 09:42 PM, said:

Vote Omtose

Fanderay, you may be right on Omtose, but if he is the survivor, wouldn't we want to keep him around to prevent vote blocks?

I'm approaching this from an "I don't think he's on my team" angle. I must confess I haven't really thought about vote blocks. I guess that be a problem in the late game, but not sure that's worth avoiding a lynch for.

#125 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:07 PM

View PostFanderay, on 31 January 2017 - 09:50 PM, said:

View PostIparth Erule, on 31 January 2017 - 09:42 PM, said:

Vote Omtose

I'm approaching this from an "I don't think he's on my team" angle. I must confess I haven't really thought about vote blocks. I guess that be a problem in the late game, but not sure that's worth avoiding a lynch for.

Especially considering that there are night abilities to help with that.

#126 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:09 PM

Also, where is Lock? He missed yesterday then had 3 posts of banter this morning and then beer missing ever since. I'd like to see more from that direction.

#127 User is offline   Iparth Erule 

• Recruit

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:31 PM

View PostMockra, on 31 January 2017 - 10:09 PM, said:

Also, where is Lock? He missed yesterday then had 3 posts of banter this morning and then beer missing ever since. I'd like to see more from that direction.

Why are you treating this like a town vs scum game? Or are you trying to point out how you and Lock aren't online at the same time?

I'm headed to bed, but I'll be back before timeout. I think I like Fanderay's case on Omtose being the survivor, but I'm not sure if lynching him day 1 will help us further down the line. IIRC we regretted doing that in the last faction game.

#128 User is offline   Telas 

• Recruit

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:47 PM

Food for thought from Fanderay. I actually was thinking about voting for Omtose today as well, but for different reasons. Back earlier in the day I got the impression that Gamelon was symping him - made me think he might be a faction leader. I'm not sure whether this makes me more or less likely to vote for him, given how different the cases are.

#129 User is offline   Telas 

• Recruit

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:56 PM

There are quite a few alts with no substance to them: Trake, Tulas Shorn, Pallid and Bek Okhan all fit into that category too. But as Iparth says, unlike in a scum game where that sort of behavior really hurts the town, in a game like this it's just trying to stay alive so they can use their NAs.

That does bring up an interesting question though - if you had a puppet, would you start off by using it in preference to your main alt, or would you save it until later and stick to your main one for the time being? Could believe that the reason some of these players are keeping so quiet is that their trying to keep multiple alts on the go.

#130 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:16 PM

View PostIparth Erule, on 31 January 2017 - 10:31 PM, said:

Why are you treating this like a town vs scum game? Or are you trying to point out how you and Lock aren't online at the same time?

I'm headed to bed, but I'll be back before timeout. I think I like Fanderay's case on Omtose being the survivor, but I'm not sure if lynching him day 1 will help us further down the line. IIRC we regretted doing that in the last faction game.

Speak for yourself, I'd think those who won didn't necessarily regret it. And he significant difference is there was 2 factions whereas now we've got 3.

I agree with Fande that those things hint quite heavily, considering it's a D1, towards Omtose being a survivor, but I'm personally not very inclined to lynching a survivor yet because odds are any other lynch will get a member of different faction, or a puppet but I can't rule out the possibility of a barbarian, especially if he's a survivor - I think there's some chance the survivor's not just another regular character, having a puppet(s) too.

Regarding Mockra+Lock, it struck me too the very moment I read the post. It's very probable that some of the lowposters are caused by some players having multiple alts imho. But if you really wanted to care for your self/puppet I think the ones that Telas listed are laying too low for such a game, remember the night is dangerous time and the lowposters are likely to warrant attention for...laying low and henceforth being possibly someone important.

#131 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:40 PM

I was thinking partly along similar lines as Sorrit here.

The other thing that I have on my mind is that I don't have a full idea of who is on my team. The information we have as players is limited. The way that I can find out the information I'm missing is by getting other players to speak up and start interacting with one another and analyzing their interactions.

There's a reason why I posed it as a question rather than an accusation or vote.

#132 User is offline   Tulas Shorn 

• Sergeant

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:40 PM

Here, reading up. I see there's discussion about Omtose being a survivor - always a good way to try and swing votes in a faction game, but to me even if they are, that then makes them the lowest of low priorities.

#133 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:47 PM

Right, well I'm off to bed. Going to leave my vote where it is for now - plenty of time to think about it tomorrow if need be.

#134 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:52 PM

I'm here. Reading up, I really didn't get all the speculation following Shameless Henry's message. I will need to go over it again.

Omtose seems like a good lynch target for today. A bunch of people are resistant to lynching him as a surivor; which is just weird. You always want to lynch the guy not on your team and going for the only guy in nobody's team just makes so much sense.

#135 User is offline   Telas 

• Recruit

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:56 PM

View PostMockra, on 31 January 2017 - 11:40 PM, said:

I was thinking partly along similar lines as Sorrit here.

The other thing that I have on my mind is that I don't have a full idea of who is on my team. The information we have as players is limited. The way that I can find out the information I'm missing is by getting other players to speak up and start interacting with one another and analyzing their interactions.

There's a reason why I posed it as a question rather than an accusation or vote.

I think we're all doing this to a degree. There's noticeably less shit-slinging than there would have been by this stage in a Town vs Scum game. :lol:

#136 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:09 AM

I don't understand why we wouldn't want to lynch the Survivor. He is going to be going after each of us, since he wants to get his VC, and we aren't going to want to waste our NAs on him. He's also contributing to why we need so many votes to lynch.

vote Omtose

#137 User is offline   Tulas Shorn 

• Sergeant

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:24 AM

View PostTrake, on 31 January 2017 - 11:52 PM, said:

I'm here. Reading up, I really didn't get all the speculation following Shameless Henry's message. I will need to go over it again.

Omtose seems like a good lynch target for today. A bunch of people are resistant to lynching him as a surivor; which is just weird. You always want to lynch the guy not on your team and going for the only guy in nobody's team just makes so much sense.

Yeah, I didn't really get that speculation either.

No, going for the only guy not on anyone's team is entirely pointless. It brings you no closer to your own VC and a Survivor is just about that, surviving. It's not a serial killer, which people often seem to equate it to.

So it is just a cheap way of trying to get votes on someone, it's scapegoating. Basically, think of the survivor as an immigrant/refugee :lol: I would rather call out the person attempting such a lynch.

#138 User is offline   Tulas Shorn 

• Sergeant

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:26 AM

View PostKessobahn, on 01 February 2017 - 12:09 AM, said:

I don't understand why we wouldn't want to lynch the Survivor. He is going to be going after each of us, since he wants to get his VC, and we aren't going to want to waste our NAs on him. He's also contributing to why we need so many votes to lynch.

vote Omtose

This is wrong several times over. Survivors traditionally don't go after anyone. And they're also the ones you might have to rely on to swing a vote your way - they're the independent swing vote whom you want to convince that sticking with you is the right thing to do, i.e. the opposite of themreatening them with death.

#139 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:33 AM

Hey everyone, did I miss much? Going to go and catch up.

#140 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:56 AM

Seems like I arrived just as things started getting exciting. After seeing how incredibly powerful the leaders were in the last game, I think it makes sense to try and hunt them down during the day. And according to the sign-up, the Survivor is playing with the same level of AP/HP as a leader would have, so that makes them one of the dangerous ones. Having said that, I'd say the Survivor is less important than the leaders of the other factions, because they have backup. So if we did have a good lead on a potential faction head, I'd prefer that (as long as they aren't my leader, natch).

Share this topic:

• 40 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users