View PostBek Okhan, on 31 January 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

View PostSorrit, on 31 January 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

I've got some yoghurt to share

Goes well with waffles I heard, Iparth? :lol:

View PostSorrit, on 31 January 2017 - 10:27 AM, said:

View PostLock, on 31 January 2017 - 10:10 AM, said:

View PostGamelon, on 31 January 2017 - 09:44 AM, said:

View PostLock, on 31 January 2017 - 09:29 AM, said:

Hello! Couldn't get on yesterday, but I'll be around today.

You look like you've got some meat on you. Mind if I cut myself a slice? All this breakfast food talk is giving me a craving for bacon.

And you look like some posh clean eating weird fruit fad - I'll stick with toast.

"hentai-watcher's-most-craved-dream-come-true fruit"

How's that for breakfast Lock? :lol:

View PostSorrit, on 31 January 2017 - 01:01 PM, said:

View PostFanderay, on 31 January 2017 - 12:27 PM, said:

I think I agree with Lock - Gamelon looks pretty unappetising. If you squint, it's a bit like one of these:

Posted Image

But which one?

Also, what? Dragonfruit is one of the tastiest looking fruit I've seen.

Hmm. Interesting.

Sorrit was on everybody's case early on, but suddenly mellowed out and started going off topic in the food discussion

This makes me think that Sorrit is not in fact a disposable alt, and he got spooked by the attention he attracted. Thus the jump into the food talk.

That, or somebody just hijacked him with a day action.

This is a good point. It's a remarkable behavioural change from Sorrit - I went and had a look back at the first page of the thread and he reads like a completely different player to now. Can't rule out a hijacking, but it felt like the reining in of all the sarcasm and barbs happened around the time Trake and Alkend were discussing him as a likely sock-puppet. Here's his response to BO:

Actually, I don't think the masters see their puppets as disposable as you're implying, they have after all invested their APs in them, it's not like you get them for free if you ask nicely.

Isn't that exactly what someone who had invested some APs in puppets would say?
If Sorrit is a puppet (or has one), which role would he be? We know from past games that the Warlock and Rogue classes can have extra alts, so one of them might be a good bet. One's an heir, one's a leader. Not a bad shout for a lynch target, maybe? (Although I guess it depends on whether people think Sorrit is more likely to be the master alt or the puppet).

EDIT: Some weird formatting

This post has been edited by Gamelon: 01 February 2017 - 01:24 AM

#142 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:23 AM

View PostTulas Shorn, on 01 February 2017 - 12:26 AM, said:

View PostKessobahn, on 01 February 2017 - 12:09 AM, said:

I don't understand why we wouldn't want to lynch the Survivor. He is going to be going after each of us, since he wants to get his VC, and we aren't going to want to waste our NAs on him. He's also contributing to why we need so many votes to lynch.

vote Omtose

This is wrong several times over. Survivors traditionally don't go after anyone. And they're also the ones you might have to rely on to swing a vote your way - they're the independent swing vote whom you want to convince that sticking with you is the right thing to do, i.e. the opposite of themreatening them with death.

So you expect he's just going to twiddle his thumbs all game long and promise not to use any of his abilities against the rest of us so long as we all leave him alone?

#143 User is offline   Telas 

• Recruit

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:29 AM

Hmm, those last couple of posts from Gamelon have done nothing to dispel my theory of a Gamelon-Omtose connection. In that first post he tries to casually defend Omtose - he doesn't even mention his name while doing it...pretty subtle! Then he throws up a pretty crap case to try to drum up support for an alternative. It's textbook symp play - looks like a faction member trying to take the heat off their master.

And Tulas Shorn is defending pretty hard as well - I wouldn't have expected anywhere near this much resistance if Omtose was actually the Survivor. I think it's more likely we're onto a leader here and his minions are scrabbling around trying to defend.

#144 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:31 AM

View PostTelas, on 01 February 2017 - 01:29 AM, said:

Hmm, those last couple of posts from Gamelon have done nothing to dispel my theory of a Gamelon-Omtose connection. In that first post he tries to casually defend Omtose - he doesn't even mention his name while doing it...pretty subtle! Then he throws up a pretty crap case to try to drum up support for an alternative. It's textbook symp play - looks like a faction member trying to take the heat off their master.

And Tulas Shorn is defending pretty hard as well - I wouldn't have expected anywhere near this much resistance if Omtose was actually the Survivor. I think it's more likely we're onto a leader here and his minions are scrabbling around trying to defend.

Not sure what you're going on about here Telas - I'd be fine with voting for Omtose. Just doing some digging in case there's a better option.

#145 User is offline   Tulas Shorn 

• Sergeant

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:35 AM

@ Kesso: No, but I imagine they are one, mostly protective, and two, I'd be more worried about the abilities of those not in my faction, wouldn't you?

@ Telas: I am pointing out a fault in reasoning, but you go ahead and think that, I fully expected someone to say it as soon as I pointed out something sensible.

#146 User is offline   Telas 

• Recruit

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:35 AM

View PostGamelon, on 01 February 2017 - 01:31 AM, said:

Not sure what you're going on about here Telas - I'd be fine with voting for Omtose. Just doing some digging in case there's a better option.

Pfft. I'll believe that when I see it.

#147 User is offline   Telas 

• Recruit

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:43 AM

View PostTulas Shorn, on 01 February 2017 - 01:35 AM, said:

@ Kesso: No, but I imagine they are one, mostly protective, and two, I'd be more worried about the abilities of those not in my faction, wouldn't you?

@ Telas: I am pointing out a fault in reasoning, but you go ahead and think that, I fully expected someone to say it as soon as I pointed out something sensible.

So you're claiming that it's a fault in reasoning to believe that someone with 10AP to play with is going to be a threat if left alive? Seems pretty tenuous to me. No way the Survivor makes it to the end of a bloodthirsty game like this without some firepower. Plus, unlike everyone else who has to tread carefully lest they accidentally target one of their own, the Survivor can fire away with impunity. I don't think your argument is a good one.

#148 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:49 AM

View PostTelas, on 01 February 2017 - 01:35 AM, said:

View PostGamelon, on 01 February 2017 - 01:31 AM, said:

Pfft. I'll believe that when I see it.

Well you'll just have to wait for that - I don't believe in voting before I have to in faction games. Too much risk of giving faction information away.

#149 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:15 AM

Anyone else around? I'm in and out.

#150 User is offline   Bek Okhan 

• Recruit

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:03 AM

Fandy has a good point about Omtose. If he is the survivor and he is a leader equivalent in terms of abilities, I want him gone. Its all very well to say he will lie low, but having that much power swinging around is bad news

#151 User is offline   Bek Okhan 

• Recruit

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:04 AM

View PostGamelon, on 01 February 2017 - 01:22 AM, said:

View PostBek Okhan, on 31 January 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

View PostSorrit, on 31 January 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

I've got some yoghurt to share

Goes well with waffles I heard, Iparth? :lol:

View PostSorrit, on 31 January 2017 - 10:27 AM, said:

View PostLock, on 31 January 2017 - 10:10 AM, said:

View PostGamelon, on 31 January 2017 - 09:44 AM, said:

View PostLock, on 31 January 2017 - 09:29 AM, said:

Hello! Couldn't get on yesterday, but I'll be around today.

You look like you've got some meat on you. Mind if I cut myself a slice? All this breakfast food talk is giving me a craving for bacon.

And you look like some posh clean eating weird fruit fad - I'll stick with toast.

"hentai-watcher's-most-craved-dream-come-true fruit"

How's that for breakfast Lock? :lol:

View PostSorrit, on 31 January 2017 - 01:01 PM, said:

View PostFanderay, on 31 January 2017 - 12:27 PM, said:

I think I agree with Lock - Gamelon looks pretty unappetising. If you squint, it's a bit like one of these:

Posted Image

But which one?

Also, what? Dragonfruit is one of the tastiest looking fruit I've seen.

Hmm. Interesting.

Sorrit was on everybody's case early on, but suddenly mellowed out and started going off topic in the food discussion

This makes me think that Sorrit is not in fact a disposable alt, and he got spooked by the attention he attracted. Thus the jump into the food talk.

That, or somebody just hijacked him with a day action.

This is a good point. It's a remarkable behavioural change from Sorrit - I went and had a look back at the first page of the thread and he reads like a completely different player to now. Can't rule out a hijacking, but it felt like the reining in of all the sarcasm and barbs happened around the time Trake and Alkend were discussing him as a likely sock-puppet. Here's his response to BO:

Actually, I don't think the masters see their puppets as disposable as you're implying, they have after all invested their APs in them, it's not like you get them for free if you ask nicely.

Isn't that exactly what someone who had invested some APs in puppets would say?
If Sorrit is a puppet (or has one), which role would he be? We know from past games that the Warlock and Rogue classes can have extra alts, so one of them might be a good bet. One's an heir, one's a leader. Not a bad shout for a lynch target, maybe? (Although I guess it depends on whether people think Sorrit is more likely to be the master alt or the puppet).

EDIT: Some weird formatting

I think Sorrit may be an alt with NAs of his own. And yes, that can happen.

#152 User is offline   Alkend 

• Lieutenant

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:07 AM

View PostBek Okhan, on 01 February 2017 - 04:03 AM, said:

Fandy has a good point about Omtose. If he is the survivor and he is a leader equivalent in terms of abilities, I want him gone. Its all very well to say he will lie low, but having that much power swinging around is bad news

If Omtose is the Survivor I'd favour keeping him around. Yes there are 10AP sat there. There are however 20AP spread between the two leaders that aren't on your faction.

We need 7 out of 10 to lynch. Assuming that the fakes roughly even out in votes that count and don't that means we need everyone from two factions *and* the independent in order to get a leader lynched. Does the survivor threaten your VCs? Only if you piss them off and they start beating on you. They don't care who comes out on top so long as they're there too.

This may be a controversial opinion but it is mine.

Also given that we have numerous fakes even if you see enough votes for a lynch keep piling on votes until PS declares it people.

I will be about for another hour or three but will not be here for timeout.

#153 User is offline   Pallid 

• Recruit

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:14 AM

Hi folks, been busy today.

My lynch preference atm is Omtose. I don't want him gone because he may be a survivor - although that is probably a good enough reason by itself -, I want him gone because we have absolutely nothing more than a guess that he is a survivor. What we do have is 3 or 4 people vehemently defending him on thread. Somebody that other people defend on thread for no reason that I can see in a faction game == Somebody I want dead.

Vote Omtose

#154 User is offline   Alkend 

• Lieutenant

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:17 AM

View PostPallid, on 01 February 2017 - 07:14 AM, said:

My lynch preference atm is Omtose. I don't want him gone because he may be a survivor - although that is probably a good enough reason by itself -, I want him gone because we have absolutely nothing more than a guess that he is a survivor. What we do have is 3 or 4 people vehemently defending him on thread. Somebody that other people defend on thread for no reason that I can see in a faction game == Somebody I want dead.

Vote Omtose

Some of us like to be able to get a lynch in rather than depend on NAs. You have enough AP to be confident I assume?

#155 User is offline   Pallid 

• Recruit

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:40 AM

View PostAlkend, on 01 February 2017 - 07:17 AM, said:

View PostPallid, on 01 February 2017 - 07:14 AM, said:

Vote Omtose

Some of us like to be able to get a lynch in rather than depend on NAs. You have enough AP to be confident I assume?

Any faction leader you may want to lynch will have that much resistance. So either we leave the leaders to NAs or we lynch the people who other people obviously don't want lynched.

#156 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:12 AM

I've been looking back at the thread for a while, but as much as it galls me to say it, I think Telas might be right. Could just be how choppy my access has been today, but I can't really find anyone that has a better chance of being someone important than Omtose right now.

Alkend and TS seem like they're defending him pretty hard by Mafia standards, which is promising, and neitger have really provided any alternatives.

I'm gone until timeout now, so

Vote Omtose

#157 User is offline   Alkend 

• Lieutenant

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:40 AM

View PostGamelon, on 01 February 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

I've been looking back at the thread for a while, but as much as it galls me to say it, I think Telas might be right. Could just be how choppy my access has been today, but I can't really find anyone that has a better chance of being someone important than Omtose right now.

Alkend and TS seem like they're defending him pretty hard by Mafia standards, which is promising, and neitger have really provided any alternatives.

I'm gone until timeout now, so

Vote Omtose

That'll be because I don't have any new alternatives - there's the signalling comments from earlier but that's about it for the day. If I had a superior case I'd be making it. I still think that taking someone who is a potential ally out is an ill-considered and short-sighted move.

However, Mafia. I'm pretty sure Omtose isn't on my team therefore

Vote Omtose

Just make sure we get the damned lynch.

#158 User is offline   Lock 

• Recruit

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:49 AM

I don't really care whether Omtose is a survivor or not, I just care about whether they're in my faction or not. So my vote will probably go that a ways. Any idea how much time left?

#159 User is offline   Ultama 

• Recruit

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:14 AM

Okay I am around, I would prefer the lynch over no lynch and there are no alternatives. A few people think there is a good chance that Omtose is the Survivor although I suspect they are just using this to push a lynch through that every faction will agree on. Standard faction lynch play, blame the independent and lynch someone you suspect is not on your team.

That being said Omtose has not put up much of a fight himself, offered an alternative or given us much else to go off.

So

Vote Omtose

#160 User is offline   Lock 

• Recruit

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:37 PM

Fine, I'll look it up myself! Something around three hours left (I think), so

Vote Omtose

Share this topic:

• 40 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »