• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 139 - Game Thread D&D Mafia

#781 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:12 PM

Great game!!!

Down to 2 of us I would have used haste and shoved lock plus fire balled night 10. That's why I was asking what if it was down to 2 of us.

That would have worked right?
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#782 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:23 PM

I wish I'd been able to play properly while I was on holiday for week 2. I feel like with a bit more time to play I might have been able to save Ultama/Tattersail, at least for one more night. I think we both got a bit too involved in trying to save Telas over Trake - if there'd been a way to push that through a bit more subtly we probably would have been set, but unfortunately Ultama got the bulk of the attention. I wanted to defend him, but didn't have time to try and spin a yarn about getting rid of BO first.
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#783 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:45 PM

View PostLady Bliss, on 17 February 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

Great game!!!

Down to 2 of us I would have used haste and shoved lock plus fire balled night 10. That's why I was asking what if it was down to 2 of us.

That would have worked right?

Hrmmmm, with the above strategy, you would have won. You would have prevented him from doing any damage to you with the Mage Hand shove, prevented him from voting so he couldn't vote Night real quickly to prevent you from getting orders in, and would have done 1 damage per night cycle on him until you wore him down.

I think next time we're looking at a tie, I'll have everyone provide their "Final Night Action" and then use that to do the end-game resolution. This would have allowed you guys to have more input in how I calculate end game!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#784 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:02 PM

I WIN!!!

I mean we (Bridgeburners) win!!!

This post has been edited by Lady Bliss: 17 February 2017 - 09:03 PM

"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#785 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:57 PM

Good game. I noticed my mistake on the Trake lynch. I pushed my head too far out the water and received the lynch for it
Was so much fun to play though. Well done ST you played great.

Khell I must have hit you with over 25HP worth of damage from night 1 onwards. I knew you were a leader. Damn.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#786 User is offline   JPK 

• Lemming of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Sacrificing myself for everyone else's greater good!

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:33 PM

Good game guys, it was really enjoyable to watch after I got myself stupidly killed. I've spent my rep for the day but I'll send out the rest tomorrow.

#787 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:25 AM

Great game, as always

I didn't feel very confident that I could save you Tatts, thought I'd probably just make it worse and out myself as your follower.

I can't believe we didn't lose at the end, very well played there ST!

That was some entertaining play there with the puppet of yours EM

View PostTattersail_, on 17 February 2017 - 10:57 PM, said:

Good game. I noticed my mistake on the Trake lynch. I pushed my head too far out the water and received the lynch for it

Khell I must have hit you with over 25HP worth of damage from night 1 onwards. I knew you were a leader. Damn.

Yeah wonderful pick of a target Tatts :D

Actually, here are all the attacks on Lock from spoiler thread:

Iparth: Extra Attack [4 W-DMG + 1 M-DMG from Fanderay's Entropic Ward] on Lock
Attack + Extra Attack [4 W-DMG + 4 W-DMG] on Lock
Rage + Attack(MISS) + Extra Attack [4 + 4 W-DMG] on Lock
Ultama: Attack + Extra Attack [4 + 4 W-DMG] on Lock
Overall: 29 points of damage plus one miss worth of aother 4 points?

Sorrit: Attack [3 W-DMG] on Lock
Shapeshift Bat + Drain Bite [2 W-DMG + 2HP TO SELF] on Lock MISS
Overall: 8 points of damage plus failed fucking heal that would have saved me for atleast one more day!

Fande: Eldritch Blast [1 M-DMG] on LockMISS

Alkend: Attack + Divine Smite + Vow of Enmity [3 + 1 W-DMG + 1 M-DMG] on Lock
Overall: 5 points of damage

Trake: Vampiric Touch [3 M-DMG + 1HP to SELF] on Lock

That's 50 points of damage wasted on Lock, haha
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#788 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:37 AM

Actually I was looking for someone to stand up for Tatts so I knew who was on my team! I could have opened a lover convo and got us on the same page then. Sadly didn't realise who you were until too late :D.
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#789 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:16 PM

View PostSir Thursday, on 18 February 2017 - 11:37 AM, said:

Actually I was looking for someone to stand up for Tatts so I knew who was on my team! I could have opened a lover convo and got us on the same page then. Sadly didn't realise who you were until too late :D.

Part of the reason why I didn't is also that pretty much everyone who posted was against Tatts so I thought the chances were my heir has deicided to go the distancing route too, either that or it was Alkend but I thought that's unlikely for some reason iirc. I didn't consider anything like your convo ability at all and I really wanted to keep myself in game because I thought the vote-blocking aspect of Haste could be very useful later, and it would have been but luckily you had that covered too.

I was quite suprirsed when I found out that you basically killed me and that you were in a convo with Tatts, I was pretty positive that he knew I'm in your team because of tha signal announcement (the double-time reference from D1 seemed as clear as sky to me, except ofcourse he didn't get Haste until D2) and the way he talked to me on thread after I decided to dump him.

Then there was also the capsized(and hyperbolic and with "ChainS" instead of just "Chain") "Chains of continuous posts" reference to the Chains of Carceri ability your Telas alt had as a response to Ultama, but I guess that wasn't that clear especially considering the other gramamtical errors and typos in the post and probably most of my other posts :D

View PostSorrit, on 02 February 2017 - 07:44 PM, said:

View PostUltama, on 02 February 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

View PostSorrit, on 02 February 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

That's 6 alright

I think Mockra and Trake are the same person. It's partly based on meta I admit. Mockra's defense is shit, I doubt that Mockra expected anything like that to actually work. That being said I suspect Kess might be the same person too but I'm way less confident about that.

This will make me look real bad if Mockra turns out the leader but I believe they're puppet and Trake likely their master.

edit: Mess typo to Kess

You started the switch to Trake here, me I would prefer to lynch Mockra and see his CF before painting him as anything but leader as he is the one who looks like he slipped. Others have jumped onto your idea and switched to Trake which looks dodgy in itself and a possible defense of Mockra.

The Chains of continuous posts that preceded the post of mine fortified my suspicions about Mockra being a puppet, I believed we would jst lost another day if we lynched Mockra. By lynching the master we will also get all of the puppets they possess, maybe it's more than one. Whoever is Mockra's master it's still the same person who possibly slipped in Mockra alt so that argument carries over all of their alts.

#790 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:54 PM

Itwas, i needn't have pushed as much on Trake if you had voted him early on 😊 i had a vague impression you were on my team and is why I didn't attack you after night 1
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#791 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:55 PM

I remember finding the phrasing of "Chains of continuous posts" weird at the time, but it never occurred to me that you were referencing Telas. And we didn't spot the double-time thing at all (or if Tatts did he never mentioned it). Personally I find it really hard to distinguish signalling from noise, so I tend to try and figure stuff out from behaviour. I really had no idea!

ST

#792 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:11 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 18 February 2017 - 12:54 PM, said:

Itwas, i needn't have pushed as much on Trake if you had voted him early on 😊 i had a vague impression you were on my team and is why I didn't attack you after night 1

Well I couldn't vote because I was Hasted the night before and I really had less time on my little vacation than I expected, I think I didn't even get my provisionals in that day. I was still the one to start the whole Trake thing though :D

View PostFanderay, on 18 February 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

I remember finding the phrasing of "Chains of continuous posts" weird at the time, but it never occurred to me that you were referencing Telas. And we didn't spot the double-time thing at all (or if Tatts did he never mentioned it). Personally I find it really hard to distinguish signalling from noise, so I tend to try and figure stuff out from behaviour. I really had no idea!

ST

Yeah that's certainly not anything I can blame you for

#793 User is offline   Tulas Shorn 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:23 AM

I felt it - I evaded some but not all, hence me going from 25HP to just 9! But once it was obvious you knew I was a leader, I had to get you lynched :D And I correctly identified Fanderay as Telas and Alkend as fake Lock, for once I had a good alting game!

#794 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:26 AM

View PostItwęs Nom, on 18 February 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

Great game, as always

I didn't feel very confident that I could save you Tatts, thought I'd probably just make it worse and out myself as your follower.

I can't believe we didn't lose at the end, very well played there ST!

That was some entertaining play there with the puppet of yours EM

Yeah wonderful pick of a target Tatts :D

Actually, here are all the attacks on Lock from spoiler thread:

Iparth: Extra Attack [4 W-DMG + 1 M-DMG from Fanderay's Entropic Ward] on Lock
Attack + Extra Attack [4 W-DMG + 4 W-DMG] on Lock
Rage + Attack(MISS) + Extra Attack [4 + 4 W-DMG] on Lock
Ultama: Attack + Extra Attack [4 + 4 W-DMG] on Lock
Overall: 29 points of damage plus one miss worth of aother 4 points?

Shapeshift Bat + Drain Bite [2 W-DMG + 2HP TO SELF] on Lock MISS
Overall: 8 points of damage plus failed fucking heal that would have saved me for atleast one more day!

Fande: Eldritch Blast [1 M-DMG] on LockMISS

Alkend: Attack + Divine Smite + Vow of Enmity [3 + 1 W-DMG + 1 M-DMG] on Lock
Overall: 5 points of damage

Trake: Vampiric Touch [3 M-DMG + 1HP to SELF] on Lock

That's 50 points of damage wasted on Lock, haha

What a popular guy - Why did everyone wish to kill me so badly :D

It did mean I was hesitant to ever attack because I felt I had to evade most nights.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#795 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:29 AM

View PostFanderay, on 18 February 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

ST

I knew that Chains thing was a signal of some sort! I just had no idea what.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

Share this topic:

• 40 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users