• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BLADE RUNNER 2049

#61 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:20 PM

View PostD, on 16 October 2017 - 10:28 PM, said:

If hooker-girl was secretly part of the Resistance all along, why did she help Wallace Co. bug K and track down Deckard? Did I miss something?

The bug was Freysa's, not Wallace co. That's why they find K left for dead (after Luv took Deckard) in Vegas and bring him to Freysa.

Luv finds them initially in Vegas with the police scanner info to track his car, I assume...had nothing to do with the bug.

Mariette was 100% fully with Freysa's resistance.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 16 October 2017 - 11:21 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#62 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:08 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 16 October 2017 - 11:20 PM, said:

If hooker-girl was secretly part of the Resistance all along, why did she help Wallace Co. bug K and track down Deckard? Did I miss something?

The bug was Freysa's, not Wallace co. That's why they find K left for dead (after Luv took Deckard) in Vegas and bring him to Freysa.

Luv finds them initially in Vegas with the police scanner info to track his car, I assume...had nothing to do with the bug.

That makes sense.

But I *am* remembering correctly that when K is at the bar, Luv tells the 3 hookers to try and get close to him, right? It seemed like they were secretly working for Wallace, but I guess they were just minor cat's paws and Mariette didn't report any success to Luv.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#63 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:10 AM

View PostD, on 17 October 2017 - 03:08 AM, said:

That makes sense.

But I *am* remembering correctly that when K is at the bar, Luv tells the 3 hookers to try and get close to him, right? It seemed like they were secretly working for Wallace, but I guess they were just minor cat's paws and Mariette didn't report any success to Luv.

I think you're misremembering. That was Freysa who asked them to do that. Luv wasn't in that scene I think?

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#64 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:36 AM

I guess so.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#65 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:51 AM

That is correct. It was Freysa who sent them over to K at the bar, not Luv.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#66 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:27 AM

View PostD, on 17 October 2017 - 03:36 AM, said:

I guess so.

As good an excuse for a second viewing as any. :rolleyes:

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#67 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:54 PM

View PostSilencer, on 17 October 2017 - 03:10 AM, said:

View PostD, on 17 October 2017 - 03:08 AM, said:

That makes sense.

I think you're misremembering. That was Freysa who asked them to do that. Luv wasn't in that scene I think?

Yeah, that was Freysa in a "Hepburn" disguise (big sunglasses and a shawl)

Luv was not in that scene.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 17 October 2017 - 12:54 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#68 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:38 PM

THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME OKAY!

#69 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:54 PM

Are you saying all dark-haired white women look the same?

:rolleyes:

All jokes aside, I can see the confusion since that was the first scene Freysa was featured in, and having not seen her before...connecting the disguised dark haired lady to Luv is a viable take-away/mistake on a first watch.

#70 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:10 PM

Just heading into the cinema.

I haven't seen the original in years
I know you all await my review with baited breath

#71 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:29 PM

I was hoping for a rolling commentary. But I'll settle for a review.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#72 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:10 PM

some pair of wankers were going for a rolling commentary for the first half hour.
several SSHHH's from various audience members were not enough to shut them up.
Eventually I fired a milky way magic star at them to get their attention and told them to shut the fuck up.

felt like a bit of a hero when they didn't say a word after that, and refused eye contact with me on the way out. Pricks

Echoing whats been said before, visually nailed it, every set, basically every shot captured the mood of the scene and overall film.

The soundtrack was superb at building tension and setting the pace of the movie, Nolans Dunkirk, take note this is how it should be done.
only beef would be that in places it was simply too loud.

Solid performances all round and great to see Harrison Ford actually do a bit of acting again and not just turn up for a paycheck. I feel that not rewatching cost me a little bit, but I caught most of the links and references to the first.

are the 3 shorts worth watching?

#73 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:08 AM

View PostMacros, on 20 October 2017 - 10:10 PM, said:

are the 3 shorts worth watching?

I think they were more useful as info before going in if you're not good at connecting dots.

First one is an "Animatrix" like anime short that shows the attack that caused the blackout that wiped all the info and made replicants illegal.

Second one is Tyrells interview with some kind of council about the right to start producing replicants again.

Third explains how the police got on the tail of David Bautista's replicant character in the start of Bladerunner 2048.

#74 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 28 February 2023 - 06:01 PM

Watched BLADE RUNNER BLACK LOTUS (animated show) all the way through, and it was REALLY REALLY good. Takes place in 2032, and shows a bunch of worldbulding including going into linking Tyrell to Wallace and how Niander Wallace ended up where he is in 2049. Just a blast of a season of TV. Really liked the "L" character, and some of the others.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users