• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Outlander Discussion Dedicated Thread

#101 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 29 November 2018 - 05:56 PM

View PostBriar King, on 29 November 2018 - 05:23 AM, said:

Ok I’m reading the bit I take you had trouble with QT. So far I find it pretty justified on a personal lvl for someone that had that happen to them and carried the mental scars and then have the stress of someone you deeply cared about exp the same thing. I’d have done the same thing most likely esp in that lawless time. That said it’s taken up a fair bit of time I’m unhappy with from the start up to the confession which is the moment I just stopped at.

Man this woman is brutal like on a grimdark imo lvl to her characters.

Totally Brutal and grim dark.

Yeah, I think it's the book you're reading where half the book functions off the Idiot Ball trope in conjunction with the Poor Communication Skills trope...After Brianna and Roger are split up, because Roger is using his family name in the past (Mackenzie) and because Lizzie misunderstood his relationship to Bri, and because Jaime isn't referred to by his own name (Instead being called MacDub the whole time), while the dude they are looking for is Wakefield....the two meet and instead of having a conversation that would establish who they are in relation to one another...Roger is tortured and beaten to a pulp, and eventually ends up in the hands of the Mohawk tribe.

It's all tropey nonsense.

But after that it's fine. It's just during that whole portion I was SCREAMING at Roger to mention Brianna or who he really is...or for Jaime to be referred to by his name.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 29 November 2018 - 05:59 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#102 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 December 2018 - 01:56 PM

View PostBriar King, on 03 December 2018 - 05:51 AM, said:

Finished just now but Ambien is kicking in so no thoughts being posted tonight.

Cool beans, let me know when you get onto the show for the season. You're not far behind.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#103 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 December 2018 - 02:30 PM

View PostBriar King, on 04 December 2018 - 05:04 AM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 03 December 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 03 December 2018 - 05:51 AM, said:

Finished just now but Ambien is kicking in so no thoughts being posted tonight.

Cool beans, let me know when you get onto the show for the season. You're not far behind.

No doubt we ll crow like pigs when I do. Should hopefully be sometime this week. I’m gonna try for a month free again since it ll be Under a new email I should be able to get it. Just need to figure out to work my Xbox and get my old stuff off it.

There is a BIG surprise waiting for you this season that's not in the books.

#104 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:39 AM

Wait and see. :)

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users