• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Soccer/Football/Futbol/Whatever in general The round ball game

#1581 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 March 2023 - 08:49 AM

Also, they have been lucky to an extent, winning games yes, but leaving openings that more ruthless attackers should be punishing them for. See 6 against city and 4 from Brighton or Brentford or whoever. I think going forward United are becoming the threat they were but defensively a mile away still

#1582 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 March 2023 - 11:12 PM

The Brighton and Brentford games were the first two of the season. After that ManU have actually been very solid defensively, apart from the first confrontation with City and the absolute paddlespank by Liverpool last weekend. So not sure if that is accurate.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 09 March 2023 - 11:12 PM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#1583 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 29 March 2023 - 03:46 PM

https://www.theguard...cuments-suggest

Posted Image our arch rivals are finally getting their arses handed to them. Cheating feckers. Forza N.E.C.!
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#1584 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 11 April 2023 - 12:22 AM

Well well well ...

Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney go wild in the stands after Wrexham wins
Hollywood stars Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney celebrated with glee as their team Wrexham edged closer to promotion.

https://www.news.com...697485a40ffc479
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#1585 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 22 April 2023 - 08:43 PM

Tears, anarchy as Hollywood star’s wildest football dream comes true
A Hollywood star has broken down in tears as a football fairytale produced scenes of absolute anarchy on Sunday morning.

https://www.news.com...09ca4cc122ac9dd

--------------------------

Season 2 is going to be fucking amazing. And now they'll have to lift again just to stay in League Two. What a story. :thumbsup:

EDIT:
Ryan Reynolds looks like he had a bit of an accident in his pants in the second photo in The Guardian article. :rofl:

https://www.theguard...s-rob-mcelhenny

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 22 April 2023 - 08:47 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#1586 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 23 April 2023 - 05:46 AM

https://twitter.com/...ICzoeKPw-UtAAAA

#1587 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 30 May 2023 - 07:53 AM

Bit bummed about the Foxes being relegated. :(

#1588 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 30 May 2023 - 11:47 AM

Only got themselves to blame, really. It should never have happened, they were just not focussed. Good squad, healthy finances, no management or board issues. They just tried to breeze through and suddenly found themselves in the relegation zone without a paddle. I imagine they'll be straight back in next season.

#1589 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 30 May 2023 - 12:07 PM

Unless a bunch of their better players disappear to join clubs still in the PL...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1590 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 03 June 2023 - 09:30 PM

Fuck City. :(

#1591 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 05 June 2023 - 08:22 AM

Indeed. Cheating scum.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1592 User is offline   ContrarianMalazanReader 

• Fist

Posted 10 June 2023 - 09:37 PM

Happy for Gündogan who finally has an international trophy but that's IT!

I really hate seeing that smug Catalan celebrate, and now I imagine pundits all around the world are now having a collective orgasm because of him.

Long live the Sheikh, I guess.

This post has been edited by ContrarianMalazanReader: 10 June 2023 - 09:38 PM

#1593 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 11 June 2023 - 11:54 AM

I think I'll stick with the simple, yet effective: "Fuck City".

#1594 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 20 July 2023 - 09:16 AM

Hah! OK, that was well done ...

https://www.news.com...54db65be24f63f7

So there's a Women's World Cup just started here and in Unnzudd ... does anyone even know?
Seriously, even in both countries there has been fuck-all promotion of it.
And the cost of tickets! $AU180 for a cheap seat (Matildas game in Brisbane)???!!! Yeah ... nah, sorry. Can't come at that at the moment.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 20 July 2023 - 09:19 AM

#1595 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 20 July 2023 - 09:43 AM

View PostTsundoku, on 20 July 2023 - 09:16 AM, said:

So there's a Women's World Cup just started here and in Unnzudd ... does anyone even know?

Yeah, of course. New Zealand just beat Norway, quite a shocker.

#1596 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 20 July 2023 - 10:03 AM

Ah cool, at least someone is watching.
Yeah, saw that result just after I got home - nice job by the Kiwis. That that Morgoth and Satan! (Who are kinda the same when you think about it) :p

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 20 July 2023 - 10:03 AM

#1597 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 20 July 2023 - 05:54 PM

Aiming to watch England with my Daughter Saturday morning. Got a lot of coverage over here.
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#1598 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 31 July 2023 - 12:06 PM

Still fuck all coverage, so unreal.

Still, thank gawd the Matildas got up 4-0 over Canada to top our group. Nice one.
Was looking decidely shaky after an unconvincing win over the Paddies in game 1 (1-0), then a shock loss to Nigeria in game 2 (2-3).

#1599 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 31 July 2023 - 03:36 PM

Tomorrow morning the decider who goes top of group E: The USA or the Netherlands. I assume it will be the US, but if the Netherlands manage to get a decent score against Vietnam it could get tight. The USA definitely don't look the invincible powerhouse that they were only a few years ago. And with olympic champions Canada out of the tournament as well against the Aussies, we could see a seismic shift in women's football.

#1600 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 01 August 2023 - 09:18 AM

Well damn. USA didn't manage to beat Portuhal and the Netherlands absolutely trounced Vietnam 7-0. So the Netherlands are the group leaders. Should be interesting to see how the US copes with Sweden in the next round, as Sweden are on a roll. Might be an ignonimous early exit for the reigning champions.

Share this topic:

• 83 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users