• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No Man's Sky

#341 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 27 July 2019 - 06:52 AM

You do not need to watch Love Island.

You need to find some Abandoned buildings...
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#342 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 27 July 2019 - 07:03 AM

View PostBfuckinK, on 26 July 2019 - 11:31 PM, said:

Found some pearls on fire planet I first began on. They are apparently eggs. 5 of em netted me 44K so that was cool.

I want to play more but my dvr is piling the fuck up and if I don’t watch it will auto delete the oldest recordings if I hit 100%.

Ugh but I want to scan shit and learn this stupid language!

But I need to watch last nights Love Island.

Ugh but I want to fly into asteroids.

But but..

Fuck

buy a second TV.

#343 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 27 July 2019 - 12:57 PM

BK there might be a way I could find you in your system. If you're on ps4 and online, anyway.

If we could meet up in game, I think I've got a couple of cryopumps you could sell, I think they're about a million units a pop?

I haven't actually met up with anyone since the event days so it might be interesting.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 27 July 2019 - 01:56 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#344 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 02 August 2019 - 01:31 PM

BEYOND update out on August 14th.

This game just keeps on giving. I think it's mostly all about the VR this time, with more tweaks to improve multiplayer and make it easier to play together.

I just hope it doesn't bugger up my save game at all.

#345 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:23 PM

View PostTraveller, on 02 August 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

BEYOND update out on August 14th.

This game just keeps on giving. I think it's mostly all about the VR this time, with more tweaks to improve multiplayer and make it easier to play together.

I just hope it doesn't bugger up my save game at all.

There are 3 'pillars' of the beyond update.

1 is VR for PC+PS4
2 is MMO-Like Features. I'd guess this is Improved Multiplayer (confirmed) and NPCs (confirmed) and maybe leveling up or something?
3 is still ??? unless they released it in the trailer I can't see while I'm at work.

There has been datamining finding stuff referring to ship customization, but that could be a scrapped project or something since the bulk of it isn't there. I'm excited :)
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#346 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:46 PM

I kind of like ship hunting. The whole game is based in exploration; suddenly having your dream ship without so much effort doesn't seem like a plus.

Currently I'm still hunting for the last few glyphs that let you use the portals, enabling you to jump to other systems where other players have found specific ships.

I personally hope they just add a bunch of new planet types and creatures, more discoverable ship types would be good too.

So many possibilities, such a vast game.

#347 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:55 PM

View PostTraveller, on 02 August 2019 - 03:46 PM, said:

I kind of like ship hunting. The whole game is based in exploration; suddenly having your dream ship without so much effort doesn't seem like a plus.

Currently I'm still hunting for the last few glyphs that let you use the portals, enabling you to jump to other systems where other players have found specific ships.

I personally hope they just add a bunch of new planet types and creatures, more discoverable ship types would be good too.

So many possibilities, such a vast game.

I'm hoping that the way it works is you have to hunt down ships, buy them, and then break them apart and learn 1 feature of them. Top wing, vertical wing, weird bubble butt, something like that.

So you'd have to hunt down the features you want and then build it later.

There needs to be an endgame credit sink. I hope that's included in those 'mmo features' of this update.

I want a ton more ship features and I'd love more of everything :)

I'd even enjoy a much deeper crafting experience. This might be crazy, but it feels like from the Teaser we could potentially take over unclaimed systems and build entire space stations. Wouldn't that be awesome? I think so.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#348 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 02 August 2019 - 04:02 PM

Yes, I really enjoy the crafting but it has some frustrations. Some industrious types have set up orbital stations by building stairs up from the ground and deleting them after construction, but they are in low orbit rather than actual space.

I've got more money than I know what to do with after early game farming, so finding something to use it on would be good.

Having a ship you could walk up a gantry into, walk around and customise, and then pilot from the cockpit instead of just jumping in automatically would be great.

So in space, you could get out of the pilot seat and walk around the interior.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 02 August 2019 - 04:18 PM

#349 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:02 PM

Heres the Trailer:

https://youtu.be/PM7ArMxUFR0

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 08 August 2019 - 03:02 PM

#350 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:32 PM

I'm so excited. I like how Hello Games always adds something in their updates which no one even guessed - like riding the animals.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#351 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:33 PM

Holy shit so much going on! I love the size of that hub and what it implies... and the multiplayer additions... new machines and ship parts..

Ha ridable animals.

We need to get more people playing this so we can link up and mess about in the same systems. We're could have a malazan hub.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 08 August 2019 - 07:39 PM

#352 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:41 PM

More details on Beyond:

https://www.polygon....ows-pc-xbox-one

- 32-player multiplayer, up from 4.
- Some planets will now be ‘social planets’ with activities like a Rocket-League style game.
- Cooking and recipes.
- Electricity and automation.
- Nexus will be the social hub, from which players can also directly teleport to your bases.
- Quest-giving NPCs on the Nexus, for both solo and multiplayer-specific quests.

#353 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:50 PM

I just can't wait until 14th.

I'll be really interested in the biome changes, and the building additions.

Galaxy Map changes, at last - hope they've overhauled it!

I just really hope it all works without a hitch, hello games have been working hard on this for months, and it's still available as a free update. Honestly I wouldn't mind paying them for this stuff at this stage, they deserve it.

#354 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 13 August 2019 - 06:52 AM

One day to go.

I've now got 14 of the 17 glyphs needed to use portals, which means Id be able to visit specific addresses to find ships that get posted on reddit.

I hope Beyond doesn't mess with it too much or make it suddenly obsolete!

And when Next dropped, a load of items and tech became labelled as basically junk to sell. Difficult to know whether to sell stuff now or gamble on it still being there after update.

I wonder how recipes will work? And which beasts will be ridable? And what we actually get from being able to milk them!

The list says more 'interesting' creatures.. I'm personally still finding new weird shit but they definitely share traits after while.

As for the VR - I can imagine it will be great for this game. Would just give me a headache though I'm certain. Anyone out there got the ps VR set-up?

It would be really good to be able to meet up in game with forumites, if you've got the game on pS4, we'll have to link up!

This post has been edited by Traveller: 13 August 2019 - 06:55 AM

#355 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:49 AM

View PostTraveller, on 13 August 2019 - 06:52 AM, said:

One day to go.

I've now got 14 of the 17 glyphs needed to use portals, which means Id be able to visit specific addresses to find ships that get posted on reddit.

I hope Beyond doesn't mess with it too much or make it suddenly obsolete!

And when Next dropped, a load of items and tech became labelled as basically junk to sell. Difficult to know whether to sell stuff now or gamble on it still being there after update.

I wonder how recipes will work? And which beasts will be ridable? And what we actually get from being able to milk them!

The list says more 'interesting' creatures.. I'm personally still finding new weird shit but they definitely share traits after while.

As for the VR - I can imagine it will be great for this game. Would just give me a headache though I'm certain. Anyone out there got the ps VR set-up?

It would be really good to be able to meet up in game with forumites, if you've got the game on pS4, we'll have to link up!

I’ve got PSVR. I was a real sceptic about VR but my friends bought it for my birthday a couple of years ago and I have to say I’ve been almost fully converted. VR today is fantastic when the game itself is good (that’s the sticking point, there are still only a few good VR-intended games). Well, that, and motion sickness. Unfortunately, I’m one of those people who get it from playing VR even though I never have in any other context.

Everything I’ve seen reported about NMS in VR from those who’ve gone hands-on with it is universally positive, and I can’t wait to try it myself. But even so, I’m sure I’ll only be able to play it like that in short stints.

I’d be happy to meet up (and wave at you in VR), though I am far behind you I think - I only just unlocked the first car last time I played, my base is a shack with one assistant, I still have my starting freighter with about five other ships in the fleet, and I have five glyphs unlocked I believe. This is after well over 100 hours. Stupid last animal species on every planet.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 13 August 2019 - 07:50 AM

#356 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:28 AM

Wow do you scan them all? I planet-hop quite a lot so I tend to scan everything in sight and leave, as I won't be returning unless there are ships I like there.

There are so many ways to play this game; you can be playing an almost different game to someone else even though you're in the same universe.

At the moment I tend to head out to a new system, scan the planets for a habitable one, visit the space station, buy another suit slot, and look for a traveller to get the glyph location from. I then find a trading post and check out what ship types are flying in and out.

I only head back to my old base when I want to refine something or dig something out of storage, but I can do that on my freighter now. Theres still stuff I haven't got yet - last night I realised I still don't have the Atlas pass v3 for getting through certain doors. Needed Emiril, so went to a green system to mine some, ended up wandering around planet surface, exploring caves and raiding a secure base for blueprints.

I've got a lot of achievements now, but notably lacking in the scanning and survival ones as I can't ever be bothered to track down all the animals.

Pretty much finished the Atlas story and Artemis quest; as the final step sends you off into a new galaxy I'm holding off that for the time being. I'm nowhere near the galaxy centre but that part of the game isn't all that important to me.

If we meet up we might be able to exchange stuff which would be useful!

This post has been edited by Traveller: 13 August 2019 - 08:32 AM

#357 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:16 AM

Woooooahhh.... there is too much on here for me to mention right now... so many changes. But no universe reset! Almost unlimited inventory space! More npcs, crafting, animals, movable upgrades at last.. downloading now.

https://www.nomanssk.../beyond-update/

#358 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:51 PM

Oh man the ships have been scaled up for VR. And I can look around in the cockpit!

#359 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:54 PM

View PostTraveller, on 13 August 2019 - 08:28 AM, said:

Wow do you scan them all? I planet-hop quite a lot so I tend to scan everything in sight and leave, as I won't be returning unless there are ships I like there.

There are so many ways to play this game; you can be playing an almost different game to someone else even though you're in the same universe.

At the moment I tend to head out to a new system, scan the planets for a habitable one, visit the space station, buy another suit slot, and look for a traveller to get the glyph location from. I then find a trading post and check out what ship types are flying in and out.

I only head back to my old base when I want to refine something or dig something out of storage, but I can do that on my freighter now. Theres still stuff I haven't got yet - last night I realised I still don't have the Atlas pass v3 for getting through certain doors. Needed Emiril, so went to a green system to mine some, ended up wandering around planet surface, exploring caves and raiding a secure base for blueprints.

I've got a lot of achievements now, but notably lacking in the scanning and survival ones as I can't ever be bothered to track down all the animals.

Pretty much finished the Atlas story and Artemis quest; as the final step sends you off into a new galaxy I'm holding off that for the time being. I'm nowhere near the galaxy centre but that part of the game isn't all that important to me.

If we meet up we might be able to exchange stuff which would be useful!

Yep, I scan them all, I can't help it. Sometime it pays off when the final species turns out to be something totally weird and wonderful, and I do see some amazing sights along the way. My slow pace does mean I have maxed out the achievements in all the categories except, obviously, for warping to different systems (I think I've only travelled to maybe 8 systems so far).

My routine is to warp to a system (following either the Atlas or Artemis path, depending on which mission I have next in my log), go to the space station, pick up all the quests, get a suit upgrade, then visit all the planets/moons and find all the species. I usually walk around, moving from location to location found through the signal booster, as well as completing the various quests I picked up. In the meantime I also my fleet out on missions. I definitely don't pay as much attention to ships, but I am trying to obtain one of each class of ship (hauler, fighter, etc). A current long-term project of mine is fixing Artemis' crashed ship (which takes about a billion materials as it's just about the most damaged ship you could come across).

It would be cool to meet up. I'm still not sure how the multiplayer works! Should we PM PSN names?

#360 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:55 PM

View PostTraveller, on 14 August 2019 - 11:16 AM, said:

Woooooahhh.... there is too much on here for me to mention right now... so many changes. But no universe reset! Almost unlimited inventory space! More npcs, crafting, animals, movable upgrades at last.. downloading now.

https://www.nomanssk.../beyond-update/

I'm still reading through them! I like how 'sitting in chairs' is its own subsection :) There's so much in terms of changes I almost wonder if I should start a new game!

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users