• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No Man's Sky

#381 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:25 PM

Island retreat.

Attached File  IMG_20190820_142157.jpg (264.1K)
Number of downloads: 0
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#382 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:40 AM

That is superb! Now I want to build something like that. Gonna have to wait till I’m back from holiday though. Last thing I did was explore a crashed freighter - I only mention it because they look wonderfully colossal in VR.

I’m still undecided as to whether to continue with my old save in Beyond, or just start from the beginning.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#383 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 21 August 2019 - 08:07 AM

It's really basic. I've sort of started again with my base, as there was no wooden stuff to build with when I made my last one. That was all glass and metal; I'm trying to make this island more organic, and build things where I would use them, rather than worrying about farming and storage and things. It's really fun. I think I'll plant some more palm trees around the shore next.

So far I've got a sort of veranda with a couch and a sea view, and last night I started a sort of quay on the shore, with steps leading down. Went to get more carbon and found an island with ancient bones buried - the rare ones are worth a ton, so I ended up excavating and selling them at a small building I found nearby.

I'll double check my ps username later and pm you, you might be able to visit!

This post has been edited by Traveller: 21 August 2019 - 10:24 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#384 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:06 PM

I'm not trying anything too complex while they're still patching.

After Next it was the same, took a couple of weeks to iron out the bugs that popped up with the update.

Mines definitely crashing less now, and a lot of initial weirdness has been fixed. I'm still saving often, as there are still occasional crashes.

I'd advise keeping away from the nexus with multiplayer on at the moment.

Oh if you want to meet up in-game BK, I'll pm you my username. We should be able to trade at least; who knows if we play at the same times but if I see you're on, I could join your game and drop you some circuit boards or something!

(Where the heck have you been anyway? Hope all ok there.)

This post has been edited by Traveller: 22 August 2019 - 08:17 PM

#385 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 22 August 2019 - 09:11 PM

View PostBfuckinK, on 22 August 2019 - 08:44 PM, said:

Have 46ish hours clocked up and I still don’t really have any advancement. I got a free A class freighter but the bitch only has 19 slots. Meh

Not sure if this is Beyond or if I got something but now my Carbon, Ferrite, Oxy, Di H etc can be just poured into past the 500 mark.

I haven’t advanced story. Supposed to go to an anomaly like a week and a half ago.

Just flying around though.

Teleporting to my 3 visited systems learning language is taking all my playtime.

Built a wooden base on a rainy planet that reminds me of Kentucky with its Kentucky Bluegrass and rolling hills. Pretty

Yeah, that’s the Beyond update. You can stack up to 10,000 in your inventory now, it’s great. And you can also move all your tech upgrades around so that they synergise better with each other.

I’ll look up your PSN when I get back from holiday Trav!

#386 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 22 August 2019 - 10:48 PM

Mostly every system has a space station; each one has a suit upgrade available to buy in it.

You can also summon the anomaly to you in space like you do with your freighter - it's on the d-pad. There's another suit upgrade in there, per system (as well as all the other tech trees with components to buy.) So if you go to another system, summon the Anomaly, the suit upgrade is back again. If you choose cargo slots you can stack more in there, but since Beyond, as Khell said, you can wad up to 10k into each slot now.

I just found a new scanner upgrade, but don't have the blueprint for the diode needed to make it. So I found a secure facility, broke in, got into the system, and unlocked the blueprints, only to find that the one I want needs the one before it on the tech tree unlocked first!

So I need another facility now. The scanner upgrade I'm trying to build shows you where the electromagnetic power concentrations are in the ground, so you can find a good spot to stick a generator. I think I'll be needing something like this as a decent power source soon. Just need to find that blueprint!

This post has been edited by Traveller: 22 August 2019 - 10:51 PM

#387 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:19 AM

View PostBfuckinK, on 22 August 2019 - 11:11 PM, said:

I guess I ll have to look it up. Only thing I’ve ever seen on stations is the nanowhatyamahcallems tech upgrades that help with movement, health etc. not run across slots improvements yet.

There’s a machine at the back of the tech shop where you can buy the upgrade - you don’t talk to the vendor. You can also open more slots by finding similar upgrade units (I forget what they’re actually called) scattered on planets. They don’t cost anything on the planets but you will have to repair them first (whereas the ones on the stations cost money to unlock more slots).

#388 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:22 AM

Upstairs on the platform on the right as you face out of the station there are like four vendors; suit, exocraft, ship and multitool. The one on the far left has the suit upgrade in the glass display?

It's right next to the thing that changes your appearance.

Edit.. oh yeah there are drop pods on the planets too. You can find them by flying over them (they glow blue at night) or.. maybe use the signal booster? They've changed the mechanic for searching, some things you need to buy a map for from the cartographer but so far he's only given me crashed ships and distress beacons.
The exocraft scanner might find them.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 23 August 2019 - 08:26 AM

#389 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 25 August 2019 - 06:29 AM

I usually send a mix on each mission; you can send up to 5 frigates. It will tell you the star rating of your chosen ships when you select them. If the star rating is the same or lower than the mission requires, you're more likely to get damaged ships.
I'll send 2 combat, 1 surveyor, 1 trade and a support on a balanced mission.
You can get some really good stuff to sell from these, plus a lot of units.
Try to hire frigates with bonuses, and a decent class (A or S preferably).

If you land on them they give you bonuses too. Mining ships give you metals, surveyors will scan planets for you etc.
And if you get attacked in space, you can always summon your freighter - your combat ship will deploy its own ships to drive them off.

Just for a good view, try summoning your freighter from the planet surface.. it will arrive in low orbit and it looks cool.

Edit.. stick me on your friends lists interlopers

This post has been edited by Traveller: 25 August 2019 - 12:09 PM

#390 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 26 August 2019 - 05:46 AM

View PostBfuckinK, on 26 August 2019 - 04:21 AM, said:

Finally am at Anomally. There are all kinds of cool looking aliens here! So much better then Kor, Vy, Gek eyesores. I need to find more!

It would be great to play as one of these guys.

#391 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 26 August 2019 - 08:06 AM

What race are you currently playing as?

#392 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 26 August 2019 - 04:53 PM

View PostBfuckinK, on 26 August 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

Anomaly(human I assume)

Friend liiiist...!! I'm hoping to play later.

#393 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 26 August 2019 - 08:13 PM

Yeah if you're on there though we might get some crossover time. You'll get a notification when someone else is online.

#394 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 27 August 2019 - 06:16 AM

It means your freighter inventory. Sell anything you dont need from there. Sometimes the missions will give you some really decent rare stuff to sell.

#395 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 27 August 2019 - 04:11 PM

No glitch, you need a different room to run different missions at once. I've got two, I guess you can have multiple ones though. I only tend to have one running at a time but maybe I should do more! The income makes it worth it.

Just check it's the freighter slots you're looking at and not suit inventory. For a big haul you need a lot of slots empty!
You can build storage rooms in the freighter though, or make room by selling it (stick a terminal on the wall in your freighter to make this easier).

Then when you debrief the mission, as well as getting to read the mission log, the goodies all go into your store.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 27 August 2019 - 06:18 PM

#396 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 27 August 2019 - 10:19 PM

View PostBfuckinK, on 27 August 2019 - 09:35 PM, said:

Had 4 slots open. Needed 5. Got debriefed.

What goes into the Cargo spaces of exosuit? Am I better off just unlocking General?

If I build the room on freighter does that increase my slots or just the max numbers of X items I can carry?

Is this Artemis/Anomaly stuff from Next or Beyond?

Cargo slots used to be able to hold more stuff per slot (like 500 instead of 250), but now that you can hold 10k of materials in normal slots I’m not sure of their purpose. I guess they can still stack more per slot of special items (like Albumen Pearls) than regular inventory slots.

The storage room on the freighter will just be that - a separate storage room which you’ll have to visit if you want to get anything out of it or put anything in.

The Artemis/Anomaly stuff was in Next as well (and even before that) but they rework it with every expansion to make it easier and more useful to follow.

#397 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 27 August 2019 - 11:10 PM

The original storage crates were base parts, on planet. You can make about 9 of them. But, for some reason, they only have about 5 slots each despite their size!

When freighters were added, they added the storage rooms. They link up with your storage crates on planet, so you can access your planet side stores. Less of a problem since you have so many suit slots now! However, since Beyond, the storage crates on bases need a power supply to open them, so at the moment I'm just using the freighter ones.

Btw get some more slots before they patch it - they appear to be free at the moment, in space stations at least. I'm only one away from the full set, and although it was charging about 1 mill units per slot, the units didn't leave my inventory.

I just made about 10 million by going back through the stations I've visited using the portal, and selling all my cobalt. It crashes the market - I bought it all back for a fraction, plus more, then went to the next system. Sold it, crashed market, rebought it for less, each time buying more to add to my stockpile.

I've just system hopped, collecting suit slots and money, and checking out the ships. Late now and work tomorrow, but I'll load my ship with expensive stuff and come find you soon BK!

I don't have headphones or mic or anything but if someone lands near you and starts waving and trying to give you stuff it will probably be me.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 27 August 2019 - 11:14 PM

#398 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 28 August 2019 - 11:14 AM

Glitch might just be for maxed out cost slots. All mine now charge 1 million, but the number doesn't seem to go down.

I'm torn between wanting new ships and wanting to keep the ones I've found.

I made a rookie error while looking for extra slots - I'd been grabbing the suit upgrade, and forgotten all about buying other suit modules from the guy sitting next to it. So I bought another S Class movement module for the jet pack and replaced an old 'B' - and upgraded the suit shield to an S while I was there.

#399 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 28 August 2019 - 11:19 AM

Attached File  IMG_20190828_121626.jpg (79.64K)

Attached File  IMG_20190828_121639.jpg (144.85K)

I love this one, all battered and steampunky.

Attached File  IMG_20190828_121654.jpg (261.53K)

#400 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 28 August 2019 - 10:00 PM

Sorry took me far too long to look on here! Take out the stuff I put in the refiners... It's how you exchange stuff i think. Don't turn it on! If you can retrieve the bits I left in there, I can bring you more stuff; I'm not sure how it works yet. You can sell it anyway, I thought leaving anything too valuable in there might be risky to start with.

Cool to see your base! Nice ship colours there. Lots of wildlife too. I was tempted to scan everything in sight but it seemed kind of rude!

This post has been edited by Traveller: 28 August 2019 - 10:17 PM

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users